PDA

View Full Version : Scoobies

Trousers
28th-June-2005, 12:29 AM
Just what is it with kids, well girls and Scoobidous?

I take it y'all know what I'm going on about (if you have a 7 year daughter you will for sure)

2 foot long glittery plastic laces, that you as the adult need to be able to tie in all manner of knots. Well . . . . hem hem knots hmmmm where was I oh yeah scoobies well these are iddy biddy knots.

All I can say is that Macrame plant pot holder never looked so useful before.
I can square knot in my sleep. I was adding beads and whipping (oooh!) (sorry lost the plot there momentarily) (no definitely lost the plot), oh yeah whipping the ends together.

I may be sod all use at anything else but hell can I tie a scoobie now or what!

I was even planning knotting and beading patterns.

Hey Ho!

I will just return to the unwanted toy depot at the bottom of the garden until the next big thing reappears - I wonder what it will be? Thank god it's not the Hula Hoops three year cycle - never could do that - hence my wiggles tend more to painful than provocative.

Why did the rubiks cube never come back - I couldn't do that! Macrame basket weaving all that stuff you do with your hands and a little care and thought i was good at but never expected to do it again - God I'll be doing Quadraticic equations soon and enjoying them again

Rhythm King
28th-June-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm mildly amused that they've made a come back after all this time. My
elder brother and sister used to do these addictively, in the 60's. I suppose it's more constructive and better for hand/eye co-ordination than staring at a tv, or pc screen all day.

JoC
28th-June-2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds fun! What do you do with the 2 ft long glittery laces once you've tied them in knots...? Probably a daft question but do you wear them about your person or do you literally just tie knots and think - lovely, I have created a work of glittery knot art!? :confused: :)

fletch
29th-June-2005, 05:03 PM
Sounds fun! What do you do with the 2 ft long glittery laces once you've tied them in knots...? Probably a daft question but do you wear them about your person or do you literally just tie knots and think - lovely, I have created a work of glittery knot art!? :confused: :)

well let me tell you!!! leave e'm all around the house to drive us mom's mad :mad: but they do keep e'm quiet :clap: :clap: :clap:

Trousers
29th-June-2005, 06:04 PM
well let me tell you!!! leave e'm all around the house to drive us mom's mad :mad: but they do keep e'm quiet :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hmmmm fortunately I only get that issue part time but I feel for you fletch.

Dyu dance in stafford? are there more than 12 people go now? (ok 12 a little unfair but order of magnitude wise right on the button)

fletch
29th-June-2005, 06:19 PM
Hmmmm fortunately I only get that issue part time but I feel for you fletch.

Dyu dance in stafford? are there more than 12 people go now? (ok 12 a little unfair but order of magnitude wise right on the button)
more or less given up at Stafford :sad: but most of the crowd go to Wolves on a Thursday :grin: its a good venue also get to go clubbing after :clap: I carnt get used to going home at 11pm not been in at that time since I was 13 :wink: just getting going by that time : :na: thats why Southport was so good never left till the end all week-end :cheers: