PDA

View Full Version : Ethical Question RE: Glastonbury / Live 8

Will
27th-June-2005, 03:37 PM
No-one could have failed to notice the debate currently raging about the lack of black artists performing at the main Live 8 gig in Hyde Park. However, if one argues that it is ethically right to ensure that more black artists perform at Live 8, then I put it to you that "The Wurzels" should have got a slot at Glastonbury this year!

When Kylie Minogue pulled out of headlining Glastonbury this year, the organisers had the perfect opportunity to right this wrong - but they did nothing!

Although I now live and dance in London, I grew up in the West Country, so local West Country issues are still close to my heart. More and more people are realizing the value of protecting minority cultures from Globalization, and traditional West Country culture is as valid and important as any other...

I'd like to now post this poll so as to garner support for the Wurzels to play Glastonbury next year.

Will

P.S. The Wurzels (http://www.thewurzels.net) (whose new CD is called "Taste of the West") will be appearing at the Plymouth Beer Festival on 2nd July.

Lou
27th-June-2005, 03:48 PM
I'd like to now post this poll so as to garner support for the Wurzels to play Glastonbury next year.
Errrmmmm..... there's no Glastonbury festival next year, Will.... :na:

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 03:49 PM
:rofl:

I suspect I'd find this even funnier if the Wurzels didn't hold such bad memories for me- my thankfully-now-ex-boyfriend was obsessed with them.
*shudders unpleasantly*

Stuart
27th-June-2005, 03:58 PM
A similar arguement would be why Chaz and Dave, who did play Glastonbury, aren't playing at the Wireless Festival 2005 in Hyde Park!

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 04:09 PM
A similar arguement would be why Chaz and Dave, who did play Glastonbury, aren't playing at the Wireless Festival 2005 in Hyde Park!

Chas and Dave played Glastonbury? That's awesome.