PDA

View Full Version : Which Walkers does it for you?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-June-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm not a big crisp eater personally and I know it's not very controversial, which is what you are all used to ;) But I'm going to ask anyway, so there! :devil:
It is multipul choice so pick as many as you like!

Ash x

ducasi
25th-June-2005, 12:10 AM
I've cut down a lot on my intake of crisps just over a year ago and lots pounds and pounds as a result. (OK, I did do other good, healthy things at the same time. :nice: )

I'm now allowing myself to indulge more these days, but one thing I'm trying to do is limit myself mainly to Ready Salted as it doesn't have any added flavours, colours, etc... In particular it doesn't have any MSG which I believe contributed to my previous addiction.

That said, I'll eat almost any flavour in an emergency! Favourites, in addition to ready salted, are salt and vinegar, pickled onion, worcestershire sauce, tomato (sauce), and roast chicken.

I also try to avoid Walkers, as I object to their advertising, their anticompetitive techniques and the fact that they get the colours totally wrong.

Whitebeard
25th-June-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm not a big crisp eater personally and I know it's not very controversial, which is what you are all used to ;) But I'm going to ask anyway, so there! :devil:
It is multipul choice so pick as many as you like!

Ash x
None of those are to my taste. And I never used to indulge in any way whatsoever.

But somehow, "Salt and Shake" came upon me as a blast from the past and I now share a packet each evening with my three faithful hounds. That quarter packet isn't going to add much to my girth. And the blue sachet of salt which used to protect against cramp, now seemingly contributes to heart disease and therefore ends up in the bin.

Lynn
25th-June-2005, 12:08 PM
I like those red chilli ones - probably very bad for me but I don't eat them very often.

Did a tour of Tayto Castle last year where Tayto (NI crisps) are made (including the famous Tayto cheese and onion, don't like cheese and onion myself but these are supposed to be especially nice) and it was interesting - and we got 5 bags each to take home free too!

Dreadful Scathe
25th-June-2005, 12:12 PM
I dont particularly like crisps - I am unsatisfied by this poll :(

Aleks
25th-June-2005, 05:06 PM

Maybe you should start a poll about tortillas/crisps/nuts/twiglets/other savoury snacks....

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-June-2005, 12:14 PM

Well do your own poll then, no one is stopping you :mad: :innocent:

CJ
27th-June-2005, 12:52 PM
Well do your own poll then, no one is stopping you :mad: :innocent:

Whilst it's not strictly speaking a person, it's actually his incompetence that's stopping him... :D

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 03:08 PM
If it HAS to be Walkers crisps as opposed to Pringles :drool: then it has to be prawn cocktail.

Which a friend tells me they don't sell in the States. Those Yanks don't know WHAT they're missing.

Rhythm King
28th-June-2005, 12:35 PM
If it HAS to be Walkers crisps as opposed to Pringles :drool: then it has to be prawn cocktail.

Which a friend tells me they don't sell in the States. Those Yanks don't know WHAT they're missing.

Ah, but they don't have any crisps in America - thay have chips. And their chips are called fries. Two peoples separated by a common language...

El Salsero Gringo
29th-June-2005, 12:13 AM
If you ever want to enjoy Pringles again, don't read the ingredients on the tube. It's about three hundred yards long, as they're full of every legal food aditive known to man, and a few more that haven't been discovered yet.

"Mechanically recovered potato" is the best way I can think of to describe them.