PDA

View Full Version : Astro Dancing

Ash
11th-December-2002, 12:08 AM
DANCING AROUND THE ZODIAC
This is a rough guide to astrology and dancing: you can see the trait that stands out for your sign. They are a general description and wonÕt apply to everybody.

ARIES They are extrovert or in-your-face. But they are also impatient and impulsive, making mistakes when they learn routines: they donÕt always finish what they start. They are also the daredevils of the zodiac, jumping first and thinking later! If youÕve seen Harold Nicholas (of the legendary Nicholas Brothers) dance youÕll see what I mean!

TAURUS This sign, more than any other, can show the extremes of dancing: they can be clumsy and slow or move like Fred Astaire. TheyÕre sensuous nature makes them feel the music (& their partner!) but the resulting rhythm depends upon their ability!

GEMINI They are nimble-footed and agile: theyÕre very quick around the dance floor. They learn steps/routines very quickly and are young at heart. Frankie Manning, the legendary Lindy Hopper, is still teaching and dancing in his late eighties.

CANCER They donÕt like to draw attention to themselves and hate to be the wallflower. TheyÕre hypersensitive about what other people think about their dancing. There are, of course, exceptions: Ginger Rogers.

LEO They are the natural performers of the Zodiac, possessing charisma and personality. But they can also show-off and be more aware of the audience than their partner. They can look for applause, needing to feel noticed and appreciated. ThatÕs why they can indulge in more complicated/flashy moves-as long as they can do them well. Gene Kelly is a famous lion.

VIRGO TheyÕre the technicians on the dance floor. They can learn a routine or style precisely but they can worry too much about doing it perfectly. This can deprive them of spontaneity and flair. The precision can be used to good effect in the right feet: Michael Jackson.

LIBRA Image is very important to them: they like to be aesthetically pleasing! And itÕs not just the clothes: they want to look stylish and graceful around the dance floor. They like a partner who makes them look good! Jayne Torvill is a famous example.

SCORPIO They are the sexbombs on the dance floor! Have you noticed their intense/hypnotic stare?! Their simmering passions can make them sensual and erotic, usually in a subtle way. (They donÕt do things by halves and usually commit themselves 100% to any dance that interests them.)

SAGITTARIUS Their enthusiasm and enjoyment of life comes over in their dancing: they want to have fun! They are also very theatrical because everything has to be larger than life. They can use flashy/revealing clothes to get their point across...and don't like to be upstaged! Busby Berkeley is a famous archer.

CAPRICORN They work long and hard to learn a style of dancing but the struggle can sap them of fun. This changes as they get older because they mellow out and have less of a need to stick to strict guidelines and rules. Anna Pavlova, the Russian ballet dancer, is a famous example.

AQUARIUS They are conservative or they like to experiment with the steps, trying different things. This results in originality, misguided steps or the need to be different for the sake of it. John Travolta is a quirky example.

PISCES They look like theyÕre floating on the dance floor because theyÕre light and airy. They know instinctively where their partner is going, almost blending in with them. Cyd Charisse is a famous fish.

TheTramp
11th-December-2002, 01:35 AM
I'm a Sagittarius.

I think that's pretty close :D

Although, I may be part Leo too!!

Steve

DavidB
11th-December-2002, 01:57 AM
I've been told I'm a fairly typical Scorpio off the floor, but I think I might change sign when I dance.

David

John S
11th-December-2002, 02:21 AM
Sorry, Ash - you've completely misinterpreted the Ceroc Zodiac, the true meanings of which are:

ARIES TheyÕll ram you out of the way to get space on the dance-floor, especially when they are horny.

TAURUS They talk a good dance, but itÕs just a load of bull.

GEMINI They do a heavenly Double Trouble routine.

CANCER They only talk about the condition of their dancing in hushed tones, but when upset can be really crabbit.

LEO They portray themselves as Kings of the Dance-floor Jungle, but in the mane itÕs just pride and anyway theyÕre lion.

VIRGO TheyÕve never been asked to dance.

LIBRA TheyÕre perfectly balanced when dancing, as they have a chip on each shoulder.

SCORPIO They seem to have more limbs than most dancers, but watch out for the sting in their tail when upset.

SAGITTARIUS Their favourite dance music is the theme from ÒThe ArchersÓ

CAPRICORN They are always getting their dance-partner's goat by being horny all the time.

AQUARIUS They always carry copious amounts of water, which they shed from their skin while dancing. Those of a certain Age will also remove their clothes and dance naked.

PISCES Their touch is cold and clammy, and they have a fixed stare and an unfortunate smell about them.

:na: :na:

Emma
12th-December-2002, 11:39 AM
I'm Gemini...those who have danced with me can draw their own conclusions! :what:

Jayne
12th-December-2002, 11:57 AM
I'm a leo. No comment.

Jayne :wink:

Steven
12th-December-2002, 01:43 PM
I am a Gemini so am very happy to go along with what it says!! Even if its not exactly true :tears:

Steven

Bill
12th-December-2002, 06:00 PM
Interestingly I'm just on the cusp of Cancer and Leo..:rolleyes: :sick: ............does that make me a show off wallflower ????

Hope I never forget my partner:sorry :eek: .........Actually I'm not great at parties......but I do lvoe dancing so that's where I really 'come alive' :grin:

Fran
12th-December-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Interestingly I'm just on the cusp of Cancer and Leo..:rolleyes: :sick: ............does that make me a show off wallflower ????

Hope I never forget my partner:sorry :eek: .........Actually I'm not great at parties......but I do lvoe dancing so that's where I really 'come alive' :grin:

well, we are all contratictions somtimes:wink:

Mind you with the both of us being on the cusp with Leo maybe that means we just forget about each other when we dance together:really: :rolleyes: - could explain alot!!

Can't say I have ever felt forgotten :wink:

although as I share the same birthday as Gene Kelly ( leo/virgo) perhaps according to Ash I am more of a Leo - not sure that is a good thing!!

. Ages since I seen you Ash - thanks for all the info here and I still remember the palm reading!!!:nice:

franx

Rachel
13th-December-2002, 10:42 AM
Me? Horny???

TheTramp
13th-December-2002, 10:47 AM
You? Horny???

Wishful thinking????? :wink:

Steve

Rachel
13th-December-2002, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, 'stubborn old goat' is probably a more apt description of me!!

Though Ash is dead right about me (or Capricorns) getting younger (or is that more immature?) as we get older!

Rachel

Lisa
13th-December-2002, 11:15 AM
Hello Ash,

When you making that trip to Scotland then?!! You promised to make it soon and I have witnesses to prove it! I shall get all the ladies in Aberdeen anticipating your arrival. You'll be kept very busy with dances.

Looking forward to the next installment of my palm reading!

Lisa x

Ash
16th-December-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by David
I've been told I'm a fairly typical Scorpio off the floor, but I think I might change sign when I dance. It's a matter of degrees...Scorpios can have an intensity about them which is reallly obvious or it's very subtle...These zodiac descriptions won't apply to everybody but I do find there is a lot of truth in it.
Does anybody know any famous Scorpio dancers? (Other than David!) The best I could do was Adam Ant (!) Does that count?:what:
"Prine Charming, Prince Charming
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of..."

Originally posted by Bill
Interestingly I'm just on the cusp of Cancer and Leo.. ............does that make me a show off wallflower ???? If you know what time you were born I could find out what sign you really are. (I'd also need your place and date of birth.) You can also find out in more detail about dancing and creativity from a person's full birth chart.

Originally posted by Fran
Ages since I seen you Ash - thanks for all the info here and I still remember the palm reading!!! You're welcome! :) Do you know that you can also tell the way a person dances from their hand?

Originally posted by Lisa
When you making that trip to Scotland then?!! I made it to Edinburgh last thursday! Maybe next time I'll make it further north!:D

Graham
17th-December-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ash

Does anybody know any famous Scorpio dancers?
Not sure about famous, but Filthycute and Scot are both Scorpios

Graham
17th-December-2002, 05:05 PM
And by the way, I did not gather this information by looking through all the profiles!!

Franck
17th-December-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Graham
And by the way, I did not gather this information by looking through all the profiles!! I guess you looked at the calendar then? :nice:

I am a Sagittarius, almost a Scorpio (a day late, so obviously I missed out on all the 'sexy' stuff :wink: ):

SAGITTARIUS Their enthusiasm and enjoyment of life comes over in their dancing: they want to have fun! They are also very theatrical because everything has to be larger than life. They can use flashy/revealing clothes to get their point across...and don't like to be upstaged! Busby Berkeley is a famous archer.... and I would agree with most of it, though I have no idea who Busby Berkeley is :nice:

Franck.

John S
17th-December-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Franck
I have no idea who Busby Berkeley is :nice:

Franck. Birth Name: William Berkeley Enos
Born: November 29, 1895
Died: 14 March 1976

He was the guy who did the choreography for all the big 1930s Hollywood musicals ("Gold Diggers" etc), with the extravagant dance routines using 100 dancers or more (ie rather like the Ceroc Team Cabarets, but slightly more ambitious.)

Ask me another.:nice:

Franck
17th-December-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by John S
Ask me another.:nice: Ok then :nice:
Who was D.G. MacLennan?

Franck.

P.S. Thanks for the info on Busby :cheers:

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by John S
Ask me another.:nice:Can these be general questions? If so... what's the best way to sort a trip to Las Vegas between 15-02-03 and 20-02-03, then go to Sante Fe 20-02-03 and 25-02-03 starting and ending in Glasgow and being able to put in an expenses claim for flights between Glasgow and Sante Fe (nearest airport being albuquerque)?

hummm.. (chin stroking)

Jayne
:nice:

Franck
17th-December-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Can these be general questions? If so... what's the best way to sort a trip to Las Vegas between 15-02-03 and 20-02-03, then go to Sante Fe 20-02-03 and 25-02-03 starting and ending in Glasgow and being able to put in an expenses claim for flights between Glasgow and Sante Fe (nearest airport being albuquerque)? That's an easy one :wink:

_
Total cost: £502.10 _
06:30 Depart Glasgow (GLA)
Arrive Las Vegas (LAS) 19:12 Sat 15-Feb
20hr 42mn
United Airlines 4811 / 935
Connect in London (LHR)
Total stops: 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------
07:46 Depart Las Vegas (LAS)
Arrive Albuquerque (ABQ) 12:23 Thu 20-Feb
3hr 37mn
United Airlines 1584 / 425
Connect in Denver (DEN)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:24 Depart Albuquerque (ABQ)
Arrive Glasgow (GLA) 10:05 +1 day Tue 25-Feb
16hr 41mn
United Airlines 388 / 906 / 4810
Connect in Denver (DEN), London (LHR)
Total stops: 3

A fairly tiring journey I reckon, but not as expensive as I thought it might be...

The above was courtesy of Expedia (http://www.expedia.co.uk/)

Franck.

Jayne
17th-December-2002, 06:20 PM
That's an easy one :wink:Thanks Franck! But how do I put a flight to Las Vegas through on expenses when the conference is in Sante Fe? That was the sticky bit...

Jayne

Franck
17th-December-2002, 06:35 PM
Thanks Franck! But how do I put a flight to Las Vegas through on expenses when the conference is in Sante Fe? That was the sticky bit...Aaah, that part of the question... :nice:

Well I suggest you call United Airlines on the phone, and explain that you would like to give them your business... Would they be able to provide you with a ticket to Albuquerque (via Las Vegas), as if it were just a necessary stop-over... They might be willing to go along with you!

Franck. :cheers:

Graham
17th-December-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks Franck! But how do I put a flight to Las Vegas through on expenses when the conference is in Sante Fe? That was the sticky bit...

Jayne
I'd suggest searching for the cheapest possible return ticket to Las Vegas. This is almost certainly going to be less than a return fare to Albuquerque. Then arrange a separate ticket to travel from Las Vegas to the conference and back. It means that your return journey will be slightly longer than it might have been (but you'll be knackered anyway). If you're really lucky this might still total less than the Albuquerque ticket, but if not most organisations will agree to reimburse up to the level of the standard fare, and you would just have to pay the difference (I'd check first, obviously!).

Graham
17th-December-2002, 07:14 PM
Ok then :nice:
Who was D.G. MacLennan?

Franck.

P.S. Thanks for the info on Busby :cheers:
One of your dance heros perhaps? :wink:

John S
18th-December-2002, 12:58 AM
Ok then :nice:
Who was D.G. MacLennan?

Franck.

Must admit, I had never heard of him, but looked him up on Google and now I know! He seems to have been the author of the Scottish Dance equivalent of the Ceroc Official Moves Book.

I suppose it's a sad reflection on my lack of knowledge of our own Scottish culture that I had heard of Busby Berkeley but not him.
:sad:

Not sure what any of this has to do with Astro Dancing, though.