is that the guy in the Frosties adverts ? :confused:

drathzel
23rd-June-2005, 05:57 PM

No silly thats tony :D

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 06:49 PM
No, that's HeMan and the Masters Of The Universe.
Hence, "Hemania".
Obviously... :innocent:

Msfab
23rd-June-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh! And Tims finished! :cool:

Oh well we've got the up and coming young (18) Scot - Andy Murry! :clap:

How long do we give him before all that 'british' expectation gets to him? or have we found our next Tennis Champion? :whistle:

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 09:17 PM
How long do we give him before all that 'british' expectation gets to him? or have we found our next Tennis Champion? :whistle:
Too late, he's already the next hope (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4124764.stm).

And they're thinking of new alliterative names for "Henman Hill": Murray Mound, Murray Meadow, Murray Field, Murray Mint (OK, I made that one up). Public, we're so fickle... :tears:

I gotta admit though, Murray's doing damned well so far - beating someone 299 places above you is generally seen as an achievement.

Msfab
24th-June-2005, 08:22 AM
And they're thinking of new alliterative names for "Henman Hill": Murray Mound, Murray Meadow, Murray Field, Murray Mint (OK, I made that one up). Public, we're so fickle... :tears:

I like idea Murry Field :yeah:

Aparently Grass isnt his favourite surface :eek:

Good Luck to him! :worthy:

philsmove
25th-June-2005, 08:05 PM
I gotta admit though, Murray's doing damned well -:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

well done young man

Dreadful Scathe
25th-June-2005, 08:14 PM
I like idea Murry Field :yeah:

Aparently Grass isnt his favourite surface :eek:

Good Luck to him! :worthy:
Thats twice you dropped the 'a', is it not pronounced in your part of the world ? ;)

Divissima
25th-June-2005, 09:21 PM
Thats twice you dropped the 'a', is it not pronounced in your part of the world ? ;)Story of my life :rolleyes: :devil:

Msfab
27th-June-2005, 02:33 PM
Thats twice you dropped the 'a', is it not pronounced in your part of the world ? ;)

Thank you for pointing that out - Spelling was never my strong point!
Anyhow when the word Curry is used its not spelt with an 'a' so why should murry have an 'a'? :confused:

I thought you might of picked on the missing 'n' :whistle:

Story of my life :rolleyes: :devil:
You are a Little Star!!! :flower:

Ok, Back to the tennis!
Those last sets were just awful to watch! Andy Needed his mother to give him a big :hug:

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 02:41 PM
Tennis would be more fun if it actually was He Man playing it against Skeletor...

David Bailey
27th-June-2005, 02:52 PM
Tennis would be more fun if it actually was He Man playing it against Skeletor...
Is He Man still going then? I thought it finished along with all the other naff cartoons, sometime in the '80s...

CJ
27th-June-2005, 02:55 PM
Is He Man still going then?

Yip, Skeletor has broken serve in the fifth set.

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 03:05 PM
Yip, Skeletor has broken serve in the fifth set.

They were at Match Point last time I looked. I think he invoked the Power of Greyskull in the last break...

CJ
27th-June-2005, 03:13 PM
They were at Match Point last time I looked. I think he invoked the Power of Greyskull in the last break...

HeMan's cat was cringing during the last service game: once he got the power, well he was a positive battle cat!! :blush:

David Bailey
27th-June-2005, 03:31 PM
Greyskull? Was that the good guys? Thinking about it, bit of a dark name for a hero...

Obviously, in hindsight, "thinking about it" was where I started to go wrong.

Purple Sparkler
27th-June-2005, 03:40 PM
HeMan's cat was cringing during the last service game: once he got the power, well he was a positive battle cat!! :blush:

There's just one problem with the game. He Man keeps slicing all the balls in half with his sword and the referee seems a little too nervous to say anything about it. I think who ever wins this match is up against Lion-O of team Thundercats in the next round...

Anyone been watching She-Ra vs Cheetara in the Ladies Singles?

edited because I cannot type

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2005, 04:02 PM
He Man vs Skeletor at wimbledon - best off-thread wandering for a long while :)

Will
27th-June-2005, 04:28 PM
He Man vs Skeletor at wimbledon - best off-thread wandering for a long while :)

I don't think Henman has ever played Ivan Lendl.

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't think Henman has ever played Ivan Lendl.
I take that back now anyway, its not the best off-thread wandering - after your 'look to the orginal latin' quote in the downloading thread. :rofl:

JoC
27th-June-2005, 05:12 PM
No, that's HeMan and the Masters Of The Universe.
Hence, "Hemania".
Obviously... :innocent:
I'd been avoiding opening this thread because I was going to have to mention He-Man and embarrass myself, I'm so relieved to see it's already been taken care of. :)

JoC
27th-June-2005, 05:15 PM
Ivan Lendl.
Also feel the need to add, that I LOVED Ivan Lendl and his little tuft of dry hair.