PDA

View Full Version : Hot spots

stewart38
23rd-June-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok forcast is for another 90f here in london (City) with blue skys

On northern line (city) my route it was said temp got to the equivilent of 48c (118f) ie 38c with 55% humidity

Maybe i work in the hottest spot in the whole country ?

I think its 68f in scotland today ?

how hot is your spot ?

Little Monkey
23rd-June-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, it sais on the weatherforecast that we have 18C in Dundee today, with 75% (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) humidity! It feels more like 25C, though..... And if it gets any more humid, I shall have to put on my swimming cozzy! :whistle:

Hot Monkey

(Off to have lunch with some friends in a beer garden....)

Lynn
23rd-June-2005, 12:38 PM
It got to 24 here yesterday - that's really about as hot as it gets. Today its cloudy, breezy and about 20-21 high (if the sun comes out). Weekend its to be 16. So never really so hot as to be uncomfortable - just pleasant. Yesterday ended a going for a walk in the local park in the early evening, we felt hungry so popped into the village, got a pizza and back to the park. Despite the park being busy its really big so sat in rolling meadows, totally undisturbed with our pizza in warm evening sunshine - bliss! Followed it up later with a coastal walk.

Lory
23rd-June-2005, 12:41 PM
Ok forcast is for another 90f here in london (City) with blue skys

Apparently it's going to be even hotter tomorrow! :waycool: 31deg :eek:

I love the heat but I believe the humidity is going to be twice the level of today too and I find that hard to take :sick:

Bikini clad Lory :na:

Lynn
23rd-June-2005, 12:49 PM
Apparently it's going to be even hotter tomorrow! :waycool: 31deg :eek: 19deg here tomorrow. 31 with high humidity is too warm for me* but I would like it to be a bit warmer here :tears:

*though if I was sitting in the shade beside a nice pool with a cold drink, I could maybe cope :wink:

philsmove
23rd-June-2005, 03:57 PM
I though hot spots were wireless thingies

anyhow this is a useful site

http://www.metcheck.com/

Or

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/index.html

Barry Shnikov
23rd-June-2005, 09:58 PM
Bikini clad Lory :na:

HOO-AAH! :drool:

philsmove
24th-June-2005, 07:00 AM
Have just been woken by an enormous thunderstorm

Yep its Glastonbury weekend

Msfab
24th-June-2005, 08:25 AM
You werent really expecting the weather to Hold on for Glastonbury and the Tennis :rolleyes:

Daisy
24th-June-2005, 09:28 AM
It's red hot down here in West Sussex.

How come is it that EVERY time we move house the temperatures go through the roof? :eek:

I'm sweltering with all this packing. :sick:

LMC
24th-June-2005, 09:36 AM
Apparently it's going to be about 10 deg cooler tomorrow...

Thank goodness, if this temperature was predicted for the weekend I was worried that I might melt in the fabulous new dress I bought for Bisley tomorrow - but think I will risk it now :D

London is horrible hot again today tho' :sad:

Divissima
24th-June-2005, 09:38 AM
On northern line (city) my route it was said temp got to the equivilent of 48c (118f) ie 38c with 55% humidityYikes! You have my full sympathy, Stewart. I am lucky enough to be able to commute into the City by bus instead of using the Northern Line, but when I've had to use the tube this past week, it has been unbearable. I dread to think what it must be like during rush hour :sick:

Maybe i work in the hottest spot in the whole country ?
It wouldn't surprise me - it's pretty grim again in the City today - we've got no aircon in the office so have all the windows open but there's hardly any air movement outside :tears: I'm wilting! :eek:

how hot is your spot ?As I went to bed last night (around 11pm) I noticed my central heating thermostat was showing an ambient temperature of 28 degrees in my flat. It was showing the same temperature this morning at 6 am :( Can't take much more.... how soon can you waft the thunderstorm our way, Phil? :flower:

Sparkles
24th-June-2005, 09:56 AM
in the fabulous new dress I bought for Bisley tomorrow - but think I will risk it now :D

If you'll be wearing this dress at the Saturday night freestyle you'll have to come and introduce yourself - I'll be melting in the corner somewhere!

Luckily it doesn't really matter if it's boiling outside during the week because
I work in an air-conditioned lab! :yum: :waycool:

S. x

LMC
24th-June-2005, 10:21 AM
Thx Sparkles, have PM'd you so as not to go too OT

It doesn't seem quite so hot in central London today, but I've been avoiding the underground for the last couple of days and walking or taking buses.