PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames....

TheTramp
9th-December-2002, 07:57 PM
Well, some folk seem to like using nicknames on here. Thought that (in the light of Gus's explanation), you might like an opportunity to explain where your nickname comes from!!

I'll start. When I first started dancing, I was dancing with the person who got me into ceroc. It was noted that she was very smooth and stylish, whereas I was (allegedly) rather more strutty and sleazy :yum:

I can't remember who said it first, but we were compared to 'Lady and the Tramp'. And I kinda liked that, so it sorta stuck.

Steve

PS. In a PM, someone suggested that with some years training, and a lot of hard work, I might one day aspire to maybe attaining the rank of BTC!

I thought that this was maybe too daunting to even hope for, so, I will aspire to one day become BTWU
Better than Washing Up

Gadget
10th-December-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Well, some folk seem to like using nicknames on here. Thought that (in the light of Gus's explanation), you might like an opportunity to explain where your nickname comes from!!

It's not a nickname - it's a name: I could legaly sign documents "gadget" if I reaaaally wanted. It is also a usefull handle - I forget most people's names within about two seconds of being told it. :sorry: They remember mine. (I can remember most other trivial details about them, just not the name :confused: )
An explination: Nothing to do with extendable tools. Honest. :innocent: Got the name in Uni. it suited me - I kept it. (Having been called a lot of things in my time: this was about the only one that I could be called in public without offense.)