PDA

View Full Version : Where are you dancing tonight????

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 12:03 PM
i'm feeling lost with no Ealing anymore :tears: :tears:

Where is everyone going dancing tonight instead???

Was considering Dorking - anyone have an opinion?? (ok silly question on this forum - but you know what mean!!) What's it like??

Purple Sparkler
21st-June-2005, 12:12 PM
If it's Tuesday, it must be ISH. :clap:

Dizzy
21st-June-2005, 12:31 PM

:yeah:
Hear, Hear!!

:clap: :clap: :cheers:

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 12:35 PM

OK honest opinions - a friend of mine told me that lots of really good women dance there but there are only a few good men - what do you think???

Gadget
21st-June-2005, 12:37 PM
Tuesdays must be Peterculter - Lorna teaching; huge, smooth dance floor; Tramp behind the wheels of steel; Fabulous company... what more could you ask for? :waycool:

{well, OK - don't take that litteraly :rolleyes:}
There are also Edinburugh (Obi), Glasgow (Franck) and Stirling (Kathy with DD on the decks) venues; but I've not danced there, so can't comment on them.

latinlover
21st-June-2005, 12:46 PM
OK honest opinions - a friend of mine told me that lots of really good women dance there but there are only a few good men - what do you think???

Hmmmmmmmmm................................. :yum:

steady on, it's nosequins tonight :waycool:

foxylady
21st-June-2005, 12:47 PM

Possibly so ! No idea whether the women are good, but 'good' men are scarce ! But if we all made an attempt to bring a good man with us... SilverFox, Spicy, Rhythm King (he occasionally attends ISH anyway), can you think of any others.... ? I am sure we'd have enough to go round :wink:

I'll share if you will :devil:

Foxy

Rebecca
21st-June-2005, 12:49 PM

You could always take a trip up to Peterborough with us babe if you're feeling brave. If not, have fun with whomever is to be graced with your company :hug:

Purple Sparkler
21st-June-2005, 12:52 PM

Speaking as one of the women who dance there (not putting in a value judgement as to whether I'm any good!) I'd say I never have trouble finding plenty of good men to dance with- and I think Simon's teaching means that more and more are coming along. I should warn you that the beginners class is bloody MASSIVE now, and the Intermediate usually goes into 4 lines minimum. Simon has started encouraging the Intermediate and above people to dance with plenty of beginners, as there are just so many of them.

I think you just have to treat it as you would any new Ceroc venue- grab anyone and everyone, and you're bound to get some good folk. Or folk who are going to be good in the future (which is how I always view dancing with beginners- if you dance with them now, then when they're fabulous dancers, you'll be one of the ones they grab).

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 12:58 PM
You could always take a trip up to Peterborough with us babe if you're feeling brave. If not, have fun with whomever is to be graced with your company :hug:

a little bit far, but would love to come otherwise - never really got the chance to catch up with you properly at southport :sad: (when's the next party??? :wink: )

ducasi
21st-June-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm not going dancing tonight, but I'm still smiling. :D

I'm going to be doing something even better!!! :clap:

CJ
21st-June-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm not going dancing tonight, but I'm still smiling. :D

I'm going to be doing something even better!!! :clap:

Mmm... so is Drathzel.

Coincidence?!? :really:

ducasi
21st-June-2005, 01:13 PM
Maybe... :nice:

Maybe not... :wink:

See you tonight Drathzel?

MartinHarper
21st-June-2005, 01:14 PM
Perhaps these threads would work better if titled to give a hint as to the general location? Eg "Londoners - where are you dancing tonight?". I'm dancing in Malvern, (cheap night, chance to do some following), but I'm not sure that helps you much...

CJ
21st-June-2005, 01:18 PM
Tuesdays must be Peterculter - Lorna teaching; huge, smooth dance floor; Tramp behind the wheels of steel; Fabulous company... what more could you ask for? :waycool:

{well, OK - don't take that litteraly :rolleyes:}
There are also Edinburugh (Obi), Glasgow (Franck) and Stirling (Kathy with DD on the decks) venues; but I've not danced there, so can't comment on them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lory
21st-June-2005, 01:18 PM
Anyone know of any 'openair' venues :confused: :na:

Donna
21st-June-2005, 01:32 PM

Was considering Dorking - anyone have an opinion?? (ok silly question on this forum - but you know what mean!!) What's it like??

I'm dancing every night!!! and luuurrrve it. Tonight i'm in chester, tomorrow night, wrexham and Saturday possibly stockport. ANYWHERE I CAN GET TO!!! :nice:

Feelingpink
21st-June-2005, 01:38 PM

The fire escape at Greenwich!

PS Anyone ISHing (London) tonight will have to do without "sharing" Rhythm King - he's away tonight. The likes of Silver Fox and possibly Gus will just have to spread themselves around a little more :devil:

Northants Girly
21st-June-2005, 01:39 PM
Is Luton too far away for you? It's not far from the M1

and it has air-con!

Not that I'm venturing out :(

Oh - and a PS - I have a funny feeling that Northampton is cancelled tonite in case any forumites were thinking of going there :na:

Minnie M
21st-June-2005, 02:25 PM

I often go to Dorking as a change - great hall and floor, air cond. and a nice chill out area where you can buy a coffee and cake :whistle: . Enough good leads to get an enjoyable evening. Lots of average dancers with happy smiley faces who actually ASK the ladies to dance :eek:

Purple Sparkler
21st-June-2005, 02:32 PM
The fire escape at Greenwich!

PS Anyone ISHing (London) tonight will have to do without "sharing" Rhythm King - he's away tonight. The likes of Silver Fox and possibly Gus will just have to spread themselves around a little more :devil:

*resists smart-ass comment about SilverFox spreading himself around*

I've never met Gus! Are you coming to ISH tonight, FP? If you are will you point him out to me?

Danger Mouse
21st-June-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not dancing tonight; I'm going tree hugging instead to replenish my energy (long story) followed by a meal.

Trousers
21st-June-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh - and a PS - I have a funny feeling that Northampton is cancelled tonite in case any forumites were thinking of going there :na:

Nah 'tis Thursday thats cancelled with the freestyle on Friday.

Tonight Northampton is deffo ON.

Sheepman
21st-June-2005, 03:30 PM
It would have been WCS for me at Ealing, but the tennis is on, so moving anywhere in this part of London takes too much effort on a hot night.

I'll be staying in, with cold drink, and hot 'phone, PC and curry!

Greg

Trish
21st-June-2005, 03:31 PM
Is Luton too far away for you? It's not far from the M1

and it has air-con!

Not that I'm venturing out :(

So are you coming over to Peterborough then, if that's the case? It's also on Thursday, if Northampton isn't, as Trousers just said.

We've got nice new fans as well, so it's a lot cooler!

Northants Girly
21st-June-2005, 03:50 PM
So are you coming over to Peterborough then, if that's the case? It's also on Thursday, if Northampton isn't

We've got nice new fans as well, so it's a lot cooler!Sorry I have to iron my socks tonite :whistle:

and once Thursday comes I'll be saving my feet for Friday!

Hope to see you then :D

Rebecca
21st-June-2005, 04:11 PM
a little bit far, but would love to come otherwise - never really got the chance to catch up with you properly at southport :sad: (when's the next party??? :wink: )

Didn't get another invite :( - something I said perhaps :rolleyes: .
Me and my dancin' shoes are planning to hit the big smoke soon though :D

Simon r
21st-June-2005, 04:24 PM
I often go to Dorking as a change - great hall and floor, air cond. and a nice chill out area where you can buy a coffee and cake :whistle: . Enough good leads to get an enjoyable evening. Lots of average dancers with happy smiley faces who actually ASK the ladies to dance :eek:

see you there tonight honey must grab you for a dance
love si

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 04:25 PM
Didn't get another invite :( - something I said perhaps :rolleyes: .
Me and my dancin' shoes are planning to hit the big smoke soon though :D

(Will have to remind him to organise another one - question is do we think the alcohol is still left :wink: )

Still no closer on deciding were to go :sad: am tempted by ISH but its such a pants journey for me (plus have to get up at 4.30am tomo to take friends to the aiport :eek: ) And totally agree with greg, i love Cat's class but can't justify going all that way for only an hour class and a very short freestyle.

the choice is now between Dorking or a jug of pimms in the garden :waycool:

under par
21st-June-2005, 04:28 PM

Dorking is fully air conditioned!!

What is so special on such a warm summer day, the start of Summer, our longest day of the year!

FULL AIR-CONDITIONING IN A FAB HALL

TONIGHT TUESDAY 21ST JUNE
DORKING HALLS
REIGATE RD, DORKING

Doors open 7.45pm
Beginners 8pm & repeat class 9pm
Intermediates Class 9pm
Then Freestyle till finish

LeRoc 07944 971195
ColinShaul e-mail today

I have no commercial interest just passing on info!

Northants Girly
21st-June-2005, 04:32 PM
the choice is now between Dorking or a jug of pimms in the garden :waycool:Pimms Pimms Pimms! :drool:

Rebecca
21st-June-2005, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=Danielle
the choice is now between Dorking or a jug of pimms in the garden :waycool:[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you are asking permission to have a night off from dancing to chill. Enjoy the Pimms hon :cheers:

David Bailey
21st-June-2005, 05:01 PM
Lots of average dancers with happy smiley faces who actually ASK the ladies to dance :eek:
You know, that's one of the most attractive-sounding descriptions I could imagine...

Finchley is also on tonight, and it's a damned sight less hot than ISH, which even on the best of nights is, well, less than fully airconditioned (Yes, I've got a bee in my bonnet about that at the moment).

Of course, Finchley doesn't have Purple Sparkler or Foxylady :sad:

But on the other hand, it also may not have Gus :grin:

:innocent:

I also agree that putting some location-specific information may be useful for thread titles, this Interweb thingy is apparently read by people outside the Home Counties...

Danielle
21st-June-2005, 05:03 PM
Sounds to me like you are asking permission to have a night off from dancing to chill. Enjoy the Pimms hon :cheers:

Ok just off to buy pimms!! am gonna make up for it by going dancing twice tomo!!!!

Purple Sparkler
21st-June-2005, 05:27 PM
Of course, Finchley doesn't have Purple Sparkler or Foxylady :sad:

Aww, shucks! :D

Feelingpink
21st-June-2005, 06:25 PM
*resists smart-ass comment about SilverFox spreading himself around*

I've never met Gus! Are you coming to ISH tonight, FP? If you are will you point him out to me?

I won't be at ISH tonight, but Foxy should be able to ID Gus. *Resists S-A comments about how to identify Gus* :devil:

Purple Sparkler
22nd-June-2005, 10:53 AM
I won't be at ISH tonight, but Foxy should be able to ID Gus. *Resists S-A comments about how to identify Gus* :devil:

Wish I'd seen this before last night. I have no idea if I danced with Gus or not!

EDIT: But must take this opportunity to thank SilverFox for dancing with me- typically, 'In These Shoes' came on just after we'd had one dance, and I complained, so he danced with me again. Which was very nice of him.

But as for a discussion in the lines in class that included a rather loud "****o..." from him- YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE.

And yes, I've seen your 'worried' face. :rofl:

foxylady
22nd-June-2005, 05:32 PM
Dont worry Purple Sparkler, you didn't dance with Gus, he wasn't there. I has seen this and was prepared to id/introduce Gus to you.... however he was a no show !

Foxy