PDA

View Full Version : South Coast Tour

Gus
9th-December-2002, 03:51 PM
Like many people, I'll be in parts foreign between Xmas and New Year ... in Eastbourne to be precise, visiting family.

Trying to places to dance in the evening .... one can only drink and eat so much ...

Intending dropping in on Graham's LeRoc clubs on the area but also heard good things about Mo'Jive events ... trouble is the nearest ones are in Portchester and Waterlooville ... over 70 miles away. Has anyone got any information on these clubs ... worth going to or best avoided?

TheTramp
9th-December-2002, 04:40 PM
Most of the Mo'Jive weekly classes are closed between Christmas and New Year Gus. However, they are having a dance on the 27th at Minstead Village Hall (but that's further away again).

However, this is usually a very good night, and very well attended - in fact, the last time I went there, some months ago, they had reached critical mass, and we weren't able to get in. So, if you do go there, make sure you get there early!

They do have a dance at Pirelli's (in Southampton) on the Saturday, but I've never been to that one, so can't really comment. If you're down on the 21st, there is a dance (ball) in the Southampton Guildhall. I went to this last year, and it was a very good night indeed. The Guildhall is one of the best venues I've ever danced in.

I'm not sure when (or if) Graham's weekly classes are closed over the Christmas period. His best nights are on Mondays in Brighton, and Thursdays in Shoreham. He has a dance at the Martletts centre in Burgess Hill on the 28th. This has a very varied attendance - recently he did cancel one night due to non-attendance, and refunded the few people that had turned up. I did hear that the last month was a good night though - but there was a cabaret by Clayton and Janine though, which may have pulled in the numbers.

Hope this helps.

Steve