PDA

View Full Version : Amazing street art

JoC
20th-June-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't know if this has done the rounds but these are good!

Tessalicious
20th-June-2005, 04:37 PM
Wow that guy is talented! Although they do look a bit odd from the wrong angle...

ducasi
20th-June-2005, 05:36 PM
Wow that guy is talented! Although they do look a bit odd from the wrong angle... :yeah:

Did you notice, though, when you switch from the wrong angle to the right one, the whole of the street changes around the picture?

I only noticed because the "wrong" picture was taken in Argyle Street in Glasgow. :waycool:

Sparkles
21st-June-2005, 10:10 AM
:yeah:

Did you notice, though, when you switch from the wrong angle to the right one, the whole of the street changes around the picture?

I only noticed because the "wrong" picture was taken in Argyle Street in Glasgow. :waycool:

Yeah I noticed that too... the wrong picture and the 'right' picture don't seem to fit together as being the same but from different angles IMO. But then maybe I'm just a sceptic... :rolleyes:

JoC
21st-June-2005, 01:13 PM
Agree about those being two different streets but I'd hazard a guess to say he probably has a stock of the same pictures he reproduces everywhere he goes and those are essentially the same picture at two different locations. The 'wrong' one looks to me like it might not even be quite finished. I'm guessing he may work from a template because it would be nigh impossible to get that perspective without fairly precise advance design.

No bad though eh? :D

Simon r
21st-June-2005, 01:17 PM
A guy at work has just shown me another five of his pieces and they are all fab ...
think this is for real guys

ducasi
21st-June-2005, 01:32 PM
Agree about those being two different streets but I'd hazard a guess to say he probably has a stock of the same pictures he reproduces everywhere he goes and those are essentially the same picture at two different locations. The 'wrong' one looks to me like it might not even be quite finished. I'm guessing he may work from a template because it would be nigh impossible to get that perspective without fairly precise advance design.

No bad though eh? :D I agree...

If I were trying to do the same thing, I can think of two ways to do it.

1) The cheat's way: Project the desired image onto the pavement, then draw it.
2) Still a bit of a cheat: Have a video camera at the correct view point and use it to tell you where to draw.

Not using any sort of "cheating" would involve a lot of effort and talent! (And based on things like the "cut-out" pavements, I don't think he was cheating!)

Thanks for posting it, and also thanks to the person who sent me them beforehand...

Cheers!

Little Monkey
22nd-June-2005, 11:36 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all I can say....

Totally Gobsmacked Little Monkey

Gadget
23rd-June-2005, 09:01 AM
If I were trying to do the same thing, I can think of two ways to do it...
You could just draw it - I've drawn similar stuff on simple a4 scale and seen lots of perspective altering artwork and things that you need to be standing at a particular place to see properly. (I specifically look out for it: love this sort of stuff, and escher, and...)

On a similar perspective altering note: you could make your own transparent screen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/w00kie/sets/180637/) desktop.

ducasi
23rd-June-2005, 09:08 AM
You could just draw it - I've drawn similar stuff ... You might be able to "just draw it", but for me, a guy to whom a stick figure is a challenge, it's just not in the realms of possibility without cheating big-time. :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-June-2005, 09:29 AM
WOW! That is truly amazing :really: I'm very impressed, any more pics? I'd love to see some more. I'll go and try a google search :grin:

Ashx