PDA

View Full Version : Two suggestions

DavidB
20th-June-2005, 02:50 PM
If you go into 'New Posts' and there are no new posts, then can you still display the Menu Bar? Then I don't have to do a second request to see if I have any PMs.
(I'm not just being lazy - I frequently look at the forum via a mobile phone link, and pay by the MB.)

Secondly is it possible to set up an Ignore List for threads as well as members?

David

Zuhal
20th-June-2005, 04:04 PM
Secondly is it possible to set up an Ignore List for threads as well as members?

David

I asked this exact,tongue in cheek, question last time there was such heated debate on the forum.

Lets see if your Eminence :worthy: receives any better response, than the dismissive patronising that I received. :devil:

Zuhal

Dreadful Scathe
20th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
I asked this exact,tongue in cheek, question last time there was such heated debate on the forum.

Lets see if your Eminence :worthy: receives any better response, than the dismissive patronising that I received. :devil:

Zuhal
Patronising ? Hope that wasnt me then :)

David Bailey
20th-June-2005, 06:37 PM
If you go into 'New Posts' and there are no new posts, then can you still display the Menu Bar? Then I don't have to do a second request to see if I have any PMs.

:yeah: to both those suggestions - expecially the latter...

ducasi
20th-June-2005, 07:16 PM
Good suggestions, but as the vBulletin software doesn't have these features I'd imagine it will be rather difficult to make them happen. Sorry. :sad:

DavidB
20th-June-2005, 08:17 PM
Good suggestions, but as the vBulletin software doesn't have these features I'd imagine it will be rather difficult to make them happen. Sorry.The Australian forum managed to do the first suggestion, and they use vBulletin as well.

ducasi
20th-June-2005, 09:07 PM
The Australian forum managed to do the first suggestion, and they use vBulletin as well. Well I can't find any way of doing it in the vBulletin system I run, so I'd guess they are either using a non-standard addition to vBulletin, or a different version that I'm not familiar with... :confused:

Or I'm just blind or stupid or both. :blush:

ducasi
20th-June-2005, 10:12 PM
Figured it out... the template for "STANDARD_ERROR" in each style would need to be edited and "$navbar" added on a new line after "$header". I've tested in on my own forum system and it seems to work.

So that's how the first suggestion could be implemented...

Second one is trickier, but there is a "hack" out there which adds this feature. (I'm just not sure I'd install it, as hacks can make it difficult to upgrade vBulletin afterwards without breaking things. :sad: Maybe this feature will be in vBulletin 3.5, coming RSN... :wink: )