PDA

View Full Version : Twyford Summer Ball (DWAS Comp) 9th July!

Bex
20th-June-2005, 11:29 AM
Twyford's Summer Party is being held on Saturday 9th July, annual 'Dance with a stranger (Lucky Dip) competition' and plenty of freestyle throughout the night if you don't fancy taking part. Doors open at 8pm, freestyle until midnight, normal freestyle entry price of £8.00.

Complimentary tea, coffee, cookies later on :drool: .

Bex

LilyB
20th-June-2005, 08:16 PM
DavidB & I will just have to be there - can't wait! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sparkles
21st-June-2005, 04:14 PM
Boo! I have to go to a wedding with lots of muggles :sad:
Hope you all have a great time though...!
:flower:
S. x

Daisy
21st-June-2005, 04:50 PM
Raymondo and I will most definately be there too.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
21st-June-2005, 05:41 PM
Mrs Par would like to go so when I finish my golf competition I will get ready to rock n roll to Twyford. :yeah:

Never been before any links available for directions?? :confused:

Trousers
21st-June-2005, 06:19 PM
Boo! I have to go to a wedding with lots of muggles :sad:
Hope you all have a great time though...!
:flower:
S. x
Weddings with muggles are great though - well if you can take a partner.
I took a friend to my colleagues wedding. It was truely fab.
Danced for ages with people lookin on say who are they. . . . . . eventually the muggles revolted and smothered the floor in handbags. :rofl:
A great night! And slept in a 4 poster but thats a different story.

Oh and before i go all nostalgic hehehe
DWAS it's so ermm 'descriptive', I like the Swing Dance term they use in those circles much better - they call their Lucky Dip comps 'Jack n Jill'

Divissima
21st-June-2005, 07:00 PM
Mrs Par would like to go so when I finish my golf competition I will get ready to rock n roll to Twyford. :yeah:

Never been before any links available for directions?? :confused:Try the Ceroc TV website - there should be directions on there.

Can't wait for this - I love Twyford!! :clap: :clap: And now I get to make up for the dances with UP I missed at Southport! :grin:

jockey
21st-June-2005, 10:26 PM
THis looks like a good night cos Twyford is cccchock full of good dancers.
Hey, Under Par, if you give me a lift I will offer free Hobnobs and navigation because I have been before...( are you remembering to keep your head behind the ball at impact?).
They are naming the competition after me even though I never win any of them...(cf Trousers this thread) isnt life full of surprises..?
Lilly - will I incur the wrath of Sir DavidB if we do the "headchopper?" :nice:

Bex
5th-July-2005, 08:40 AM
Ok, countdown to Saturday is on, we've got the mighty TWK planning his DWAS, Lucky Dip, Jack & Jill (call it what you will) tracks as I type :worthy: (hopefully minus his latest jingle to save a special someone's blushes :whistle: ).

LilyB, Diva, Cutey & Daisy planning their 'black & white' outfits :kiss: and DavidB practising his stern face for being 'Head Judge' :cool: or maybe that's the look he'll need to keep the other judges in order :devil: :rofl:

Who else is coming then? Its going to be corker! :cheers:

Bex
PS. Under Par, save me a dance I didn't catch you at the T-Jive!

Rhythm King
5th-July-2005, 09:20 AM
Me, Me, Me!!

Fresh from the Charity do at Fleet the night before. And I shall see who I can tempt into coming with me. But black and white, hmm...

R-K :hug:

Bex
5th-July-2005, 09:32 AM
Woooo-hooooo Rhythm King, will have to make TWK play a cha-cha-cha track for us :wink:

Doc Iain
5th-July-2005, 10:47 AM
Yep me and my better half will be there too...maybe not in time for the comp though :(

Danielle
5th-July-2005, 10:50 AM
me too!! :clap: :clap: and Marie!! can't wait :D

Bex
10th-July-2005, 10:49 AM
Thank you to everyone who came along to Twyford last night, I hope everyone had a good time, I know Billco & I did!

Great standard of dancers in the DWAS comp, here's the winning line up:-

1st Place - Ollie & Lena
2nd Place - Paul & Vicky
3rd Place - Chris & Veronika
4th Place - Danny & Carole
5th Place - Graham & Sue
(apologies for no surnames, will get their photo's up on the ceroctv website as soon as poss though!)

Special thanks to TWK for some very :waycool: music as always, also thanks to our superb Judges, DavidB, LilyB, Simon, Nicole, Clayton, Gus, Daisy & Diva :hug:

Have a good week!
Bex

Gus
10th-July-2005, 11:02 AM
Thank you to everyone who came along to Twyford last night, I hope everyone had a good time, I know Billco & I did!Great night .... worth the trip for the cookies alone!! :D

Minnie M
10th-July-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks to all, had a great time

I thought the DWAS was really fair, most of us had completely opposite partners (Experience v Beginner Dancers) which made it very challenging and enjoyable to watch.

Well done ALL the winners

PS: the double chocolaite chip cookies were the yummiest :drool: (Only 'ad one mister :blush: )

PPS: Thanks to Mr & Mrs UnderPar for driving me there :hug:

PPPS: the winners of the DWAS were forumites: Jazzbug + (sorry Lena don't know your forumite name)

PPPPS: found it :-

[QUOTE =Lory]
Originally Posted by Plum
Welcome to the forum Lena!

well done Jazzbug & Plum :clap:

under par
10th-July-2005, 11:20 AM
Well done to Bex, Billco and all the crew. Very well run event DWAS was fun and didn't detract from great evening dancing to the TWK meister's cool toons :waycool: :yeah:

One minor point, not enough fans/ airconditioning, WOW was it hot! I got through 7 shirts!! :flower:

Great night can't wait for 13th August when we say sad bye bye :sad: :sad: :sad: to Ray and Jane aka Daisy

Anita
10th-July-2005, 11:38 AM
That really was a fantastic evening :clap:

The floor and the music were great and so many great dancers were there. I had a chance to catch up with people I hadn't seen for ages.

I'm still on a high today :nice:

LMC
10th-July-2005, 03:12 PM
well done Jazzbug & Plum :clap:

:yeah: :clap:

Really enjoyed myself - first DWAS for me so got knocked out in the first round of course, but nevvermind, it was fun to give it a go.

Only "down" part of the night was the couple who thought it was a good idea to start dancing in the (busy) bar area when there were people walking around with scalding hot cups of coffee :mad: - my hand is still sore today.

The refreshments were great - the cookies especially were YUMMY. Pringles and Jaffa cakes lying around were just tooooo tempting :D (but please can we have mints next time too?)

Most of all, it was great to put faces and real names to so many of you lovely people :nice: :flower: :hug:

under par
10th-July-2005, 03:41 PM
Just a quick message to ask if anybody found a black t-shirt left near the stage
it has the letters A J in white on the front.???

PM me if any knowledge.

Msfab
11th-July-2005, 01:35 PM
Thank to all for the dances I had with you know who you are! :flower: And I'm sorry to the few, when im not quite sure what happened to me somewhere in the middle of the evening! :blush:

Thank you DJ TWK!

And for the second time Ive been to a twyford freestyle I missed out on the cookies! :tears:

Bex
11th-July-2005, 01:46 PM
And for the second time Ive been to a twyford freestyle I missed out on the cookies! :tears:

Oh Msfab, you must have left too early :tears: , I had almost two full boxes left which I managed to persuade some hungry dancers to scoff at the end of the night!!! :drool:

If you're coming on the 13th, I'll put some by for you!!! :flower:

Msfab
11th-July-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh Msfab, you must have left too early :tears: , I had almost two full boxes left which I managed to persuade some hungry dancers to scoff at the end of the night!!! :drool:

If you're coming on the 13th, I'll put some by for you!!! :flower:

No I was there till the very last song, TWK usually plays the ice cream one song, I think!

The 13th? :confused:

Bex
11th-July-2005, 02:45 PM
The 13th? :confused:

Sorry, that's the date for our next freestyle at Twyford, when Ray and Jayne Godman are having their 'Farewell to Blightly, Hello to Oz' night :tears: !!!

Cruella
12th-July-2005, 08:31 AM
Sorry, that's the date for our next freestyle at Twyford, when Ray and Jayne Godman are having their 'Farewell to Blightly, Hello to Oz' night :tears: !!!
As this is a sad occasion, :tears: (for us, not for Ray and Jane) may i request that boxes of tissues are layed on with the cookies. Hopefully there should be a posse of us coming down from the midlands. :hug:

JazzBug
12th-July-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi guys,

Another excellent night! :grin:

My 2nd visit and it was better then the first, definately worth the drive from Southampton!! I'll bring a car load next time.

Thanks to :flower: Bex :flower: for persuading me to take part in the DWAS comp. A 12 hour day at work :tears: , a mad dash up the M3 :blush: and arriving just in time for the last of the opening rounds seems to be my winning formula... :blush: ... and of course being paired (by sheer luck) with an excellent dancer, Lena. :worthy: .

Hope to see you all again soon.

JazzBug aka Oli.

Simon r
12th-July-2005, 12:59 PM
well done jazz bug you danced so well, and there was such a good standard of dancers there ....
you are welcome to come up and stay if you like ...

Bex
12th-July-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks to :flower: Bex :flower: for persuading me to take part in the DWAS comp. JazzBug aka Oli.

Hi Jazz Bug,

I think the arm twisted up your back after rugby tackling you at the bar did it though :rofl: I can be very persuasive can't I! :whistle:

Really good to see you again and I look forward to meeting more of the Southampton massive!!! :flower:

Bex

Divissima
12th-July-2005, 02:28 PM
My computer's hard drive has died - and I haven't been able to get online until now :tears:

What an absolutely cracking night at Twyford - I'm really gutted though that there were so many forumites there that I didn't get to meet or dance with - will wear a Diva/Divissima top on 13th and hope you will identify yourselves!

Thanks to Bill and Bex for making it such a great night :flower:

Bex
18th-July-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi All,

Just to say that the Twyford Summer Party and DWAS DVD is now available!! Lots of freestyle dancing, competition and photo's on it :clap:

The cost is £10 each and available if you email 'phil@photo-cookery.com' or you can pick up a copy on Friday nights at Twyford.

Bex