PDA

View Full Version : Too hot to dance - need aircon, gasp...

David Bailey
18th-June-2005, 08:02 PM
I would pay some serious money right now to dance at a really air-conditioned venue. And no, I don't mean "one with big F-off fans blowing gale-force winds at you", I mean honest-to-God airconditioning.

Does anyone know of such a venue? Salsa or ceroc, in London / Home Counties, I'm not fussed, surely there are some ... ?

DavidB
18th-June-2005, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know of such a venue? Salsa or ceroc, in London / Home Counties, I'm not fussed, surely there are some ... ?Cheshunt, Woking, Dorking

Andreas
19th-June-2005, 12:03 AM
I would pay some serious money right now to dance at a really air-conditioned venue. And no, I don't mean "one with big F-off fans blowing gale-force winds at you", I mean honest-to-God airconditioning.

Does anyone know of such a venue? Salsa or ceroc, in London / Home Counties, I'm not fussed, surely there are some ... ?

You are spoilt rotten :na: In NZ we regularly danced at these temperatures, indoors and outdoors. Just dance in shorts :rofl:

David Bailey
19th-June-2005, 09:32 AM
Cheshunt, Woking, Dorking
Cheshunt aircon was on the blink last week, let's hope it's fixed soon. Why do these things always break down in hot weather? Is it a law or something?

Hmmm, thanks for the others, I'll keep them in mind.

You are spoilt rotten :na: In NZ we regularly danced at these temperatures, indoors and outdoors. Just dance in shorts :rofl:
The world's not ready to see my knees. In fact, I'd also say that applies to 90+% of men. Shorts: just say no.

Especially the "black shorts / white pasty legs / black socks / black shoe" combination from hell. Guys, I'm a style vacuum, but even I know this is Not Good.

Robin
20th-June-2005, 10:00 AM
Especially the "black shorts / white pasty legs / black socks / black shoe" combination from hell. Guys, I'm a style vacuum, but even I know this is Not Good.

:yeah: :yeah:

Should print this out and post it at all venues I reckon !!!!

MartinHarper
20th-June-2005, 02:03 PM
Ceroc Kidderminster is air-conditioned.

I was amused this weekend to hear "it's too darn hot" played. Kinda appropriate.

DangerousCurves
20th-June-2005, 02:06 PM
Just dance in shorts :rofl:

Trust me, I need something more than shorts!!!! :rofl:

Northants Girly
20th-June-2005, 02:17 PM

Does anyone know of such a venue? Salsa or ceroc, in London / Home Counties, I'm not fussed, surely there are some ... ?Ceroc Luton

latinlover
20th-June-2005, 02:26 PM
Cheshunt aircon was on the blink last week, let's hope it's fixed soon. Why do these things always break down in hot weather? Is it a law or something?.

they don't break down in cold weather cos no-one's using them,duh!

oh ............maybe I just missed the irony

Especially the "black shorts / white pasty legs / black socks / black shoe" combination from hell. Guys, I'm a style vacuum, but even I know this is Not Good

:yeah: :yeah:

David Bailey
20th-June-2005, 07:01 PM
Ceroc Luton
Well, I know I said I'm not fussed, but ... :)

OK, I'll bite, where and when's it on?

David the very hot...

MartinHarper
20th-June-2005, 10:35 PM
Trust me, I need something more than shorts!

Or rather, less?
A friend of mine danced on Saturday in his nightwear. Hotel event, of course. Very lightweight, I should imagine.
Failing that, anything that exposes lots of flesh should aid the sweating process. Swimwear, club wear, underwear, etc.
Personally, I stick to shorts. Life is too short to worry about how good my legs look.

jivecat
20th-June-2005, 10:57 PM
The world's not ready to see my knees. In fact, I'd also say that applies to 90+% of men.
90% of human beings, actually.

In the Midlands, I've seen this combination with one of those shirts with flames printed round the hem. Must be a style black hole, here.

Minnie M
20th-June-2005, 11:07 PM
Personally, I stick to shorts.
Loved the lilac two piece you wore at Southport :clap:

Northants Girly
20th-June-2005, 11:09 PM
Well, I know I said I'm not fussed, but ... :)

OK, I'll bite, where and when's it on?

David the very hot...Ceroc Luton?

I don't know! :na:
I think the main nights are Mondays or Tuesdays (my stay at home nights :( )

The freestyles are usually good though - on Fridays - don't know when the next one is . . . . . not much use tonite am I?

Look on the Ceroc central (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/templatehome.tpll) website for more info :D

Did I mention that it was 32 C in my bedroom last night? :really:
Left curtains drawn and windows open all day and I thnk I've got it down to 29 C :grin:

Lory
20th-June-2005, 11:19 PM

I don't know if we want to know how 'hot' it got in you bedroom last night, young lady! :whistle: :wink:

Anyway, I've just read the forcast for London and the Southeast and apparently the heatwave is set to last for another 10days! :waycool: :clap:

Oooh I do love the sun! :grin:

What's it like everywhere else? :)

Whitebeard
20th-June-2005, 11:39 PM
Failing that, anything that exposes lots of flesh should aid the sweating process.
Get t' ma age, boy, an' you don' wonna be sposin' too much flesh !!

Whitebeard
20th-June-2005, 11:47 PM
Did I mention that it was 32 C in my bedroom last night?
Same as my kitchen. But what yo' doin' with a thermometer in yo' bedroom gal ??

Gojive
21st-June-2005, 12:13 AM
I don't know if we want to know how 'hot' it got in you bedroom last night, young lady! :whistle: :wink:

Anyway, I've just read the forcast for London and the Southeast and apparently the heatwave is set to last for another 10days! :waycool: :clap:

What's it like everywhere else? :)

It's a big round(ish) very hot thing in the sky over my town Lory, but of course, that's not important right now :wink: :yum:

David Bailey
21st-June-2005, 08:25 AM

Let me rephrase that as :what: :angry: :tears: :eek: :sick:

(Combination of heat and hayfever, so I can either be mildly affected and very sweaty, or very affected and mildly sweaty. Decisions, decisions)

I love my skin too - this weekend, I and it stayed inside...

Lory
21st-June-2005, 09:23 AM
Let me rephrase that as :what: :angry: :tears: :eek: :sick:

(Combination of heat and hayfever, so I can either be mildly affected and very sweaty, or very affected and mildly sweaty. Decisions, decisions)

I love my skin too - this weekend, I and it stayed inside...
Aww David :hug: Allow me to recommend you use a factor 30 sunscreen, a non-drowsey anti-hystamine and a large dose of anti-grumpamine :wink:

Come on, think of all the positive sides... ice-cream, :yum: walking on grass with no shoes, :drool: wearing very little (less washing) :clap: cooking on the BBQ and paper plates, (no washing up), :clap: Pimms, :drool: water fights and badminton in the garden, :clap: watching your little boy play happily for hours in a paddling pool (I bought a little one for my niece last week £1-50 in cheap shop = hours of fun) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lounge Lizard
21st-June-2005, 10:18 AM
Twickenham Wednesdays & Hastings Monday both have full air con

Hastings last night - full air conditioning, zoned for seating area and dance area, the venue was sooo cool - but who wants to go dancing when the weather is this good. I had to be there but any dancer that supports their local venue in these tempratures gets my vote :clap:
Peter

Lynn
21st-June-2005, 10:41 AM
What's it like everywhere else? :) 19 C, generally cloudy, some sun.

We did have a nice day on Sunday, I'm sure it got up to 22 C (and sunny all afternoon and evening). That's about as 'heatwave' as we get here :rofl:

I agree about the advantages though - I esp like the 'wearing less clothes bit :waycool: :wink:

stewart38
21st-June-2005, 01:08 PM
Ceroc Luton?

I don't know! :na:
I think the main nights are Mondays or Tuesdays (my stay at home nights :( )

The freestyles are usually good though - on Fridays - don't know when the next one is . . . . . not much use tonite am I?

Look on the Ceroc central (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/templatehome.tpll) website for more info :D

Left curtains drawn and windows open all day and I thnk I've got it down to 29 C :grin:

Funny only live about 8 miles for Luton now but never been, still go 35 miles back to old places

It was 100f in my bedroom last night as i had radiators on for a reason, and forgot i had them on when i got back :sad: