PDA

View Full Version : Charity Dance at Fleet - 8th July

Rhythm King
18th-June-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi all.

Some friends of mine are organising a Ceroc and Modern Jive Charity Dance at The Lismoyne Hotel, in Fleet. Tickets are £8 a head and it runs from 7.30 pm to midnight. The proceeds will go towards this year's Fleet Carnival charities. I know there are other, regular, things on that night but as it's a one off, (and for charidee, mate :wink: ) I shall be going and it would be nice to see as many of you who can make it too.

Details are below:

R-K :flower:

Rhythm King
20th-June-2005, 10:53 AM
Bump :wink:

Rhythm King
28th-June-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi all.

Some friends of mine are organising a Ceroc and Modern Jive Charity Dance at The Lismoyne Hotel, in Fleet. Tickets are £8 a head and it runs from 7.30 pm to midnight. The proceeds will go towards this year's Fleet Carnival charities. I know there are other, regular, things on that night but as it's a one off, (and for charidee, mate :wink: ) I shall be going and it would be nice to see as many of you who can make it too.

Details are below:

There are still tickets left for this event, a chance to dress to impress and have fun in a good cause, and get some practice in for the Twyford DWAS, or Emma's Dirty Dancing the next day.

Go on.

Go On!

Och, Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

Mrs Doyle obviously thinks it's great idea...

Purple Sparkler
30th-June-2005, 09:43 AM
I'll go if I can get a lift- will check train times as well just in case.

How do I get tickets?

Dizzy
30th-June-2005, 09:55 AM
I'll go if I can get a lift- will check train times as well just in case.

How do I get tickets?

I am up for going too but also need a lift. :flower:

*Shuffles shyly in the corner*

Purple Sparkler
30th-June-2005, 10:00 AM
I am up for going too but also need a lift. :flower:

*Shuffles shyly in the corner*

Stop shuffling, Dizzy! Come and stand in the middle, stick out your hand and yell "TAXI!".

(P.S have already asked one person for a lift, will see what they say- if it's yes then we'll be going down separately. But I'm sure we can handle that).

Purple Sparkler
1st-July-2005, 01:17 PM
*bump*

OK, first person I asked hasn't got room so- as with MJC, any forumites with space in their car willing to take pity on me? If need be I can get as far as Fleet railway station without a car...

Rhythm King
2nd-July-2005, 05:26 PM
*bump*

OK, first person I asked hasn't got room so- as with MJC, any forumites with space in their car willing to take pity on me? If need be I can get as far as Fleet railway station without a car...

The flyer attached to the original post tells you how to get tickets and where the venue is, complete with a useful map on the second page. You did scroll down to the second page, right? :whistle: The venue is out of the station and a short way down the same road.

If anybody wishes to go but hasn't ordered tickets, please PM me, then I can have your name put on the door to pay the advanced ticket price (£8) rather than the on-the-night price (£10). The more the merrier :cheers:

Purple Sparkler
4th-July-2005, 09:50 AM
The flyer attached to the original post tells you how to get tickets and where the venue is, complete with a useful map on the second page. You did scroll down to the second page, right? :whistle: The venue is out of the station and a short way down the same road.

If anybody wishes to go but hasn't ordered tickets, please PM me, then I can have your name put on the door to pay the advanced ticket price (£8) rather than the on-the-night price (£10). The more the merrier :cheers:

So I don't need a cab? Brilliant. Have sorted out my ticket with the nice lady whose number was on the flyer (yes I DID scroll down afterwards. I am a bear of very little brain), yay! Now looking forward to Vendredi Soir! Next big issue...whatever shall I WEAR?

Purple Sparkler
9th-July-2005, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to say cheers to RK :cheers: for telling me about this. It was good fun. Small dancefloor which made dancing near the edge sort of like Sumo wrestling, but I had a good night- especially enjoyed the following exercise and all the double trouble!
And double :cheers: for the lift back to the station afterwards, which was very kind of you. I reckon I owe you a drink.

spindr
9th-July-2005, 06:09 PM
Some good dances :) -- but not enough of them :(
SpinDr.

P.S. sprung floor my backside :) Well, I guess you could count the carpet underlay.