PDA

View Full Version : mmmmm ..... Chocolate

Clive Long
17th-June-2005, 05:20 PM
Inspired by this (http://cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5547) :wink: thread, where do you stand on the great chocolate debate?

Multi-choice allowed

Waitrose Continental and Lindt 85% just purchased for research purposes :blush:

Clive

Purple Sparkler
17th-June-2005, 05:29 PM
Inspired by this (http://cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5547) :wink: thread, where do you stand on the great chocolate debate?

Multi-choice allowed

Waitrose Continental and Lindt 85% just purchased for research purposes :blush:

Clive

Golly, I inspired another thread? *proud*

For me, it has to be Galaxy. Cadbury is a bit too hard, but Galaxy just hits the spot.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
17th-June-2005, 05:52 PM
Galaxy, Cadbury and chocolate truffles :drool: oh and Caramac-not had a bar of that in ages, and also those Reisen chocolates, ummmmm... :drool:

Ashx...

(a self confessed chocoholic)...and proud of it damn it!

Aleks
17th-June-2005, 07:18 PM
Green & Black's MAYA GOLD :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Little Monkey
17th-June-2005, 07:20 PM

:yeah:

And Norwegian, Swiss and Belgian chocolate.... Mmmmmm, toblerone..... Don't really like any Cadbury's chocs, and Nestle chocs are YUC!

Fussy Monkey with Expensive Taste....

Plum
17th-June-2005, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Little Monkey]:yeah:

And Norwegian, Swiss and Belgian chocolate.... Mmmmmm, toblerone..... Don't really like any Cadbury's chocs, and Nestle chocs are YUC!

QUOTE]

Not to forget Swedish chocolate, of course. Yum, yum. A small selection of which is available from the food section of a large furniture store, which shall remain nameless.

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of mixing two of my favourite pass times at a regular venue of mine: dancing while eating chocolate as there were great quantities of chocolate in various forms coveniently placed on the stage right next to where I happened to be dancing...

Close to heaven...

Plum :waycool:

Lynn
17th-June-2005, 07:59 PM
A few years ago when on holiday in Switzerland we visited a chocolate factory :drool: There was a shop at the end of the tour... :drool: both myself and my case were a bit heavier on the way home :whistle:

Preferences -
Box of chocolates - Thorntons continental

Bar - try to buy fair trade but am happy with a bar of Cadbury fruit and nut - or anything really...

At Southport we melted chocolate in a cup and dipped strawberries in - yum! :drool:

philsmove
17th-June-2005, 08:32 PM
You don’t have to go to Belgium or Switzerland

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cx1/ :drool: :drool: :drool:

Feelingpink
18th-June-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm a hard core chololate fiend - anything by Green & Black (especially the mint one and almond & raisin) or at least the 70% cocoa content. I daren't try any of the 'posher' ones in case I like them. :drool: What I don't understand is that when you go into Fresh & Wild - a kind of organic health store with every homeopathic and complimentary medicine known to man - the area within 3 metres of the tills just looks like an ad. for G&Black. Perhaps they just know their customers? :clap: :devil:

Lynn
18th-June-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm a hard core chololate fiend - anything by Green & Black (especially the mint one and almond & raisin) or at least the 70% cocoa content. OK I have to admit I've never tried Green & Black. But I will remedy that forthwith. I will go and get some - all in the cause of making useful contributions to this forum of course :wink:

Not that I, um, will actually enjoy it or anything... :whistle:

Ballroom queen
19th-June-2005, 12:18 AM

:yeah: :yeah:
And the mint and the espresso

And Lindor, found Lindor coffee and 60% while skiing in Italy this year

Rhythm King
19th-June-2005, 12:49 PM
My sister belongs to the Chocolate Society and regularly has little boxes of exotic taster bars. You wouldn't believe the differences in sheen, snap, taste, texture etc. Some of the "single estate" chocolates are unbelievably scrumptious.

Take a look here (http://www.chocolate.co.uk/index.php?SID=fa2461c94d569ead486ba0f69c497229) :drool:

R-K :waycool:

LMC
19th-June-2005, 12:54 PM
The darker the better - Lindt 85% when I can get it.

Stands to reason: the more cocoa there is in there, the less sugar - therefore dark chocolate is not only stronger in terms of whatever drug it is that's in cocoa, but also less fattening.

Seems like a win-win to me.

Minnie M
19th-June-2005, 01:02 PM
Take a look here (http://www.chocolate.co.uk/index.php?SID=fa2461c94d569ead486ba0f69c497229) :drool:
:drool: ohh ... R-K ... dribble dribble :yum: :drool:

drathzel
19th-June-2005, 01:13 PM
Where is the Lindt Lindor? If it comes chocolate shaped and chocolate tasting, then, i'll eat it! :drool:

Little Monkey
19th-June-2005, 05:09 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm...

My dear brother is coming over to visit me next month, so I will get my much needed supply of Norwegian "Melkesjokolade"!!! :drool:

In the meantime, I'll just have to make do with Lindt, G&B and suchlike....

Little Chocolate-Deprived Monkey

Feelingpink
19th-June-2005, 06:20 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm...

My dear brother is coming over to visit me next month, so I will get my much needed supply of Norwegian "Melkesjokolade"!!! :drool:

In the meantime, I'll just have to make do with Lindt, G&B and suchlike....

Little Chocolate-Deprived Monkey

MAKE DO ... :sick: ... WITH G&B ... :what: ... you mean there's something better?

Funky Mado
19th-June-2005, 06:31 PM
Almost any chocolate does me fine, exept all the kiddy stuff like smarties and magic-stars even though they are cute. :na:
I prefer dark chocolate, but in desperate times anything will do...do love snickers and minstrels though :drool:

Did you notice? yeh I'm new here. Do I get a warm welcome? :flower:

Feelingpink
19th-June-2005, 06:40 PM
Almost any chocolate does me fine, exept all the kiddy stuff like smarties and magic-stars even though they are cute. :na:
I prefer dark chocolate, but in desperate times anything will do...do love snickers and minstrels though :drool:

Did you notice? yeh I'm new here. Do I get a warm welcome? :flower:

Since you like chocolate... welcome :hug: (the dancing is secondary ... just don't tell anyone - shhhh!)

ducasi
19th-June-2005, 07:11 PM
Did you notice? yeh I'm new here. Do I get a warm welcome? :flower: I'll give you a warm welcome, though hopefully not too warm as it'd melt your chocolate! :eek:

Welcome to the forum, Funky Mado!

(Now I see that you attend the Glasgow Parties, I'm wondering if I know you...)

Obligatory chocolate confession: I love Aeros, but because I can't control myself around them I have had to ban myself from buying them.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
19th-June-2005, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Funky Mado!

(Now I see that you attend the Glasgow Parties, I'm wondering if I know you...)
:yeah: :yeah: I think a description of yourself would help and I will look out for you at the next party i.e. will go around every table asking for Funky Mado-that'll go down well :wink: :waycool:

Obligatory chocolate confession: I love Aeros, but because I can't control myself around them I have had to ban myself from buying them.

Tut tut tut, you naughty boy, you must learn to control your addiciton! I have an idea, why don't you buy lots of aeros, eat one then give the rest to me, I will eat them and you will be cured :flower:

Ashx

Ballroom queen
19th-June-2005, 07:58 PM
Where is the Lindt Lindor? If it comes chocolate shaped and chocolate tasting, then, i'll eat it! :drool:

Tesco sell red and blue lindor, the red is milk and the blue plain (dark), but only about 30ish% cocoa solids. Whittards sell the Lindor balls and have the coffee and orange flavour ones, yum, but I haven't seen the 60% bars or coffee bars except in Italy. Best at warm room temperature and it just melts in your mouth, yum, don't eat it from the fridge, its a waste.

Waitrose do boxes of just the blue Lindor balls, Tesco only seem to do red and the mixed including white and hazelnut, yuk.

Hope that helps Drathzel!!!

Funky Mado
19th-June-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll give you a warm welcome, though hopefully not too warm as it'd melt your chocolate! :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: NOOOO!!! A nod of the head will do just fine then. :na:

I'm very tall, young, with long, straight, dark hair. And I go embarrassingly red when dancing :blush: ...
Does this mean I might know you guys?

drathzel
19th-June-2005, 08:49 PM
Tesco sell red and blue lindor, the red is milk and the blue plain (dark), but only about 30ish% cocoa solids. Whittards sell the Lindor balls and have the coffee and orange flavour ones, yum, but I haven't seen the 60% bars or coffee bars except in Italy. Best at warm room temperature and it just melts in your mouth, yum, don't eat it from the fridge, its a waste.

Waitrose do boxes of just the blue Lindor balls, Tesco only seem to do red and the mixed including white and hazelnut, yuk.

Hope that helps Drathzel!!!

MMMMMMMMM RED LINDOR..... :drool:

By the way, funky mado...... i know who you are :D

ducasi
19th-June-2005, 09:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: NOOOO!!! A nod of the head will do just fine then. :na:

I'm very tall, young, with long, straight, dark hair. And I go embarrassingly red when dancing :blush: ...
Does this mean I might know you guys? :nod of head: :wink:

That description of you sounds very familiar, though I don't remember you going embarrassingly red while I was dancing with you...

(That is, assuming I really do know who you are – I've danced with you in the streets of Glasgow and Stirling, right?)

Dancing with tall, long haired ladies has always been a challenge I've relished. :flower:

Welcome again! :hug:

Ob chocolate post: I have my addiction for aeros under perfect control. I literally haven't had one in years. Now if I could only get my Twix dependence under better control, we'd be getting somewhere!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
19th-June-2005, 10:00 PM
Does this mean I might know you guys?

Oh, I think I know who you are! :D
We're you wearing a skirt at the party in May, and handing out leaflets or tidying up or something with another guy helping you? If so, then I have seen you before! :hug:

Ashx

Funky Mado
19th-June-2005, 10:29 PM
Ash - I was wearing a short dress in May. Blue with pink flowers on it, frilly round neck...holterneck...
I was at both Stirling and Glasgow busks and I do do alot of leafleting. Will see you at next Glasgow party or maybe even Edinburgh this weekend? Just look for the tallest girl in the room :na:
If you are thinking of the right person that means I've seen you both before. Who should I look out for next time?

FMx

by the way drathzel...I know who you are too :na:

ducasi
19th-June-2005, 10:54 PM
I was at both Stirling and Glasgow busks and I do do alot of leafleting. OK, so I definitely know who you are then. :waycool: I danced with you at both busks. :flower: (Is there one on in Perth this coming weekend?) Thinking about Edinburgh. It's a maybe.

I'm not sure how you'd recognise me – I'm not especially tall; I don't have especially unique hair (except it tends to go blond this time of year :innocent: ) – anybody got any suggestions? OK, there are ways I could let you know exactly who I am, but that'd be no fun, and as there's only so many people I could be, I'll leave you to guess. :grin:

drathzel
20th-June-2005, 01:56 PM
by the way drathzel...I know who you are too :na:

ah but did you know before you looked at my profile? :rofl:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
20th-June-2005, 02:04 PM
OK, there are ways I could let you know exactly who I am, but that'd be no fun, and as there's only so many people I could be, I'll leave you to guess. :grin:

How do you know I or someone who knows you just won't PM her with a link to your web-site where she can see a picture, and I say I don't like to spoil other peoples fun! :whistle:

I was wearing a short dress in May. Blue with pink flowers on it, frilly round neck...holterneck...

I think I who you are :nice: Shall be looking for you at da nxt party. I will get Ducasi to show me who you are, but knowing him he will probably make me guess :rolleyes: Him and his twisted sense of humour.

So until we meet :hug: Ashx

Little Monkey
20th-June-2005, 02:11 PM
MAKE DO ... :sick: ... WITH G&B ... :what: ... you mean there's something better?

When it comes to milk chocolate, my all-time favourite is Norwegian 'melkesjokolade' from Freia. Smooooth and creamy and just delicious! For dark chocolate I love G&B, Lindt et al.

LM

Might have to bring some to Southport, perhaps??

DangerousCurves
20th-June-2005, 02:45 PM
I love all sorts of chocolate - tend to eat the milk and cook with the dark (sacriledge to some fellow chocoholics I know - but I have received 5 proposals of marriage on the strength of my gooey chocolate brownies alone!)

The only chocolate I have not been able to enjoy (leaving aside the American Abominations mazquerading under the name) is chocolate with chilli. This is sold in a shop in Brighton ("Montezuma's Revenge!") and apparently flies off the shelves. I thought it absolutely VILE! Anyone else tried/liked/loathed this delicacy?

cicamica
20th-June-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh I love my Green and Black's milk chocs!! But has anybody tried Milka yet? It has a sign of a Purple Cow!! Rather funny!! But fab choccies they make (of course it is Swiss!!). And i have not encountered it in England. But if you ever wonder to Germany or strangely to Mallorca you can find it there. It is worth a try!!!

CJ
20th-June-2005, 03:22 PM
My fave is not there: G&B's Maya Gold. :drool:

Was in London last year and found Maya Gold Ice Cream.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, my Gawd.........

Am not a chocolate flavoured thing type person but this is a MUST try...

KatieR
20th-June-2005, 03:36 PM
A really great and cheap yummy chocolate recipe for those budding anti-chefs out there!!

get 3 mars bars, 3 tablespoons of butter/margerine and 3 cups of rice bubbles (thats rice crispies to you englishfolk) ... cut up your mars bars and melt them in a sauce pan with the butter. once all melted together add it to the rice bubbles and mix.... pour into an already greased slice tin - refrigerate and hey presto!! its sooo yummy!!

Here is one we prepared earlier......

..... :whistle:

Petal
20th-June-2005, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Ballroom queen] Best at warm room temperature and it just melts in your mouth, yum, don't eat it from the fridge, its a waste.

QUOTE]

White mini hershey bars straight from the fridge!!!! White belgian chocolate ice cream (in a very nice restaurant in Kincardine) and white chocolate buttons. :drool: :drool:

Dizzy
20th-June-2005, 04:17 PM
Mmmmmm.......... Green & Blacks Maya Gold. :drool:

Have not been able to sample the true delights of proper European chocolate but it sounds like heaven. :drool: :drool:

Will have to search out unknown retailers to try some.

Just Wiggle
20th-June-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm afraid I am a Cadbury's snob...and proud!

I know its cheap and not as flashy as your G&B's,Thorntons etc but heh you can't eat a whole bar of Green and Blacks without feeling sick at least with a bar of fruit and nut you know you can eat loads!

Generally I like any chocolate..... although I must say Dime bars are evil incarnate! Does anyone actually like those?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
20th-June-2005, 09:43 PM
Generally I like any chocolate..... although I must say Dime bars are evil incarnate! Does anyone actually like those?
:yeah: I agree, Dime bars are Yuck!! :mad: :sick:

drathzel
20th-June-2005, 10:08 PM

Me, i like them, you eat off the thick chocolate on top then you let the nutty bit melt in your mouth.... :drool:

Ballroom queen
20th-June-2005, 10:47 PM
My fave is not there: G&B's Maya Gold. :drool:

Was in London last year and found Maya Gold Ice Cream.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, my Gawd.........

Am not a chocolate flavoured thing type person but this is a MUST try...

WHERE did you find it !!!?????
wow, sounds awesome :drool: :drool:

CJ
21st-June-2005, 12:24 AM
Missy D knows where I stayed, but I'm not sure... This may not narrow it down much, but it was near a tube station in North London: (am sure was Picadilly line) possibly Maida Vale.

I know there was a HUGE park, and also a canal that leads to "Little Venice." Any help?!?

Anyway, was in a little delicatessen. I'll figure it out....

Funky Mado
21st-June-2005, 06:30 PM
OK, so I definitely know who you are then. :waycool: I danced with you at both busks. :flower: (Is there one on in Perth this coming weekend?) Thinking about Edinburgh. It's a maybe

Yup, this Saturday, meeting at 12:00. I will be at both busk and party :D hope to see you there! and it's ok I like guessing games :yum:
thank you for my welcome! :flower: :hug:

FMx

philsmove
21st-June-2005, 08:03 PM
Having looked at the results of the "S" has just advised me
“ Green and Blacks Plain is not the best chocolate, it’s far too bitter, but you do feel morality superiors when eating it“

ducasi
20th-December-2005, 09:10 AM
Good news for chocolate lovers!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4535974.stm

under par
20th-December-2005, 09:16 AM
The health claims of chocolate are not accepted by all
Researchers have produced more evidence that dark chocolate may help to reduce the risk of serious heart disease.

Doesn't say anything about the not so serious heart disease though does it!

CeeCee
20th-December-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Ducasi
Good news for chocolate lovers!
Ooh goody, another seasonal thread, yum yum.

The researchers say that chocolate may help to reduce the risk of serious heart disease followed by…

"But there are much better ways of improving your heart health, such as eating a varied diet, including at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.”

So nothing new there then.

Oh and just in time for a popular New Year’s Resolution, researchers tell us

"And whatever they eat, the biggest step the smokers in this study could make to reduce their risk of heart disease would be to give up."

So nothing new there then.

rubyred
4th-September-2008, 09:06 PM
Its been a while since you all ate chocolate then:rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share as I have just tried cadburys new editions...Apricot Crumble Crunch and Cranberry and Granola. The Apricot one was really delicious the second was ok but worth a try. Any more discoveries out there I fancy taking part in a bit of chocolate research at the moment after the news about SP.:flower:

philsmove
27th-April-2010, 09:01 AM
The researchers say that chocolate may help to reduce the risk of serious heart disease.

Chocolate lovers 'are more depressive', say experts (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8644016.stm)

So who do we believe "researchers" or "experts"

An EX is a has-been
A SPURT is a drip under pressure
An EXPERT must be a has-been drip under pressure.

Ickle Sue
27th-April-2010, 11:50 AM
All LOVE chocolate & I've only met one lady that doesn't like the stuff, which I must admit I was very shocked at!
Do love Lindt with a cuppa :nice:
Never tried Green and Black, not a dark choc girl.
I find Thorntons quite rich (IMO too rich) so I have never managed to eat a full box on just one sitting - thats maybe a good thing & might make me share them :lol: