PDA

View Full Version : Overheard in Ceroc...

Purple Sparkler
16th-June-2005, 04:19 PM
Just got sent this by a friend:
http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/

(Do post up the favourites from the ones you see on it: Mine is :"As my grandmother used to say, you've got one f***able ass")

And I thought, why not have an 'overheard at Ceroc' thread in a similar vein?
So I put this one up.

Rhythm King
16th-June-2005, 10:42 PM
Immediately off thread, but heard in work this week:

"I'm not a big enough ringmaster to be in charge of you bunch of clowns!"

drathzel
16th-June-2005, 11:41 PM
"I'm not a big enough ringmaster !"

oooh er missus! :rofl:

foxylady
17th-June-2005, 11:28 AM
Overheard in the car on the way to Southport,

"I started it off, but couldn't keep it up, so Lory finished him off"

well it made me laugh...

Lory
17th-June-2005, 04:33 PM
Overheard in the car on the way to Southport,

"I started it off, but couldn't keep it up, so Lory finished him off"

well it made me laugh...Well, it certainly made the traffic jam more fun!!! :D

(oooh my sides ached from laughing! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tears: :rofl: )

Rhythm King
20th-June-2005, 12:21 PM
Walking down the street with a certain female Ceroc Demo & Forumite on Friday night, we pass a homeless person asking for financial assistance (PC enough description for you?). As we pass by, the lady in question says words to the effect of:

"I don't have any change, I feel really bad just passing someone by like that, I always want to do something to hel - LOOK AT THOSE SHOES!!!!!"

as she dives across the pavement to drool over said sparkly items in an expensive shop window :rofl:

Sparkles
20th-June-2005, 12:58 PM
Please note - just because the shoes were sparkly does not mean this was me!

Purple Sparkler
20th-June-2005, 02:21 PM
Please note - just because the shoes were sparkly does not mean this was me!

I also am glad I have an alibi. I always think if you're going to get dance shoes, they might as well be sparkly ones.

Also- re the homelessness thing- I've helped out at a night shelter before and in the training session they were very clear on the fact that you should not give money- give food, or give directions to the local homelessness drop-in, but money is a bad idea- and the guys who run this nightshelter know what they're talking about.

So if you do feel bad about the situation, give money to your local homelessness charity/night shelter- or find the nearest homelessness Charity Shop and buy shiny things from them (sparkly tops for Ceroc, for instance). And buy the Big Issue. It shouldn't have to exist, but as it does, it's a good thing to support.

EDIT: We now return to the 'Overheard in Ceroc' thread...

LMC
20th-June-2005, 02:29 PM
Also- re the homelessness thing- I've helped out at a night shelter before and in the training session they were very clear on the fact that you should not give money- give food, or give directions to the local homelessness drop-in, but money is a bad idea- and the guys who run this nightshelter know what they're talking about.

I also have some experience working with homeless charities, and would like to emphasise that giving homeless people money only keeps them on the streets - if they have no money, then they will have to seek help from a shelter, a hospital, whatever - which gives them access to the advice and medical attention that they all need.

EDIT: We now return to the 'Overheard in Ceroc' thread...

< goes and stands in naughty corner >

latinlover
20th-June-2005, 02:30 PM
"................and now she won't let him dance with her!"

FWIW
I dance with whomever I choose and refuse whomever I choose,and for my own reasons,thank you very much :angry:
I am a big boy now

Purple Sparkler
20th-June-2005, 03:00 PM
< goes and stands in naughty corner >

*joins NewKid on the naughty step*
*hands over an ice cream cone*

Well, it beats working!

Sparkles
20th-June-2005, 03:05 PM

FWIW
I dance with whomever I choose and refuse whomever I choose,and for my own reasons,thank you very much :angry:
I am a big boy now

Eh?
Where did this come from?
Now confused... :confused:
:flower:
S. x

latinlover
20th-June-2005, 03:22 PM
Eh?
Where did this come from?
Now confused... :confused:
:flower:
S. x

the speaker was referring to my wife "not allowing me to dance" with her friend

I will not go into anymore detail, I just want the forumite(s) it concerns to get the message :angry:

Sparkles
20th-June-2005, 03:27 PM
Ah, OK, with you again now. I misunderstood your earlier post. Sorry :flower:
S. x

David Bailey
23rd-June-2005, 03:04 PM
Another one:
"I went to {Venue X} and the music was so bad I thought it must have been a live set"

(OK, I thought it was funny)

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-June-2005, 04:17 PM

FWIW
I am a big boy now

:) If anyone asks Fi if they can dance with me she tends to look at them with sheer increduality. Maybe they take that as a 'no' sometimes :)

Tessalicious
20th-August-2006, 07:45 PM
Had to add this, not technically overheard, but it was such a great line I didn't want to miss the opportunity:

"Asking a girl to dance and finding that she cannot follow is like courting a beautiful woman, finally getting her into your bed and then finding that she is actually a man..."

(obviously would only be a bad thing for male leads :whistle: )

David Bailey
21st-August-2006, 02:26 PM
"Have you got a sister, [female forumite]?"
"Yes, why?"
"I saw her dancing recently at [dancing comp] - she's not as good as you, is she?"
"Errr... that was me..."

:rofl: