PDA

View Full Version : The tramp Please come back.

under par
16th-June-2005, 09:28 AM
I note with sadness that Steve "the tramp" Lampert the forum legend is no longer shown on the members list.

I fear this maybe to do with some critisism received on another thread.

Whatever the reasons Trampy please don't cut yourself off from the forum.

You are the forum legend. :worthy: :worthy:

Come back Trampy :flower:

Northants Girly
16th-June-2005, 09:32 AM
Come back Trampy :flower: :yeah: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
16th-June-2005, 10:18 AM
:yeah:

Come back Trampy

ZW :flower:

Will
16th-June-2005, 11:55 AM
Fear not friends,

He doth not leave us, he merely hides! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/member.php?userid=289)
:wink: :wink: :wink:

CJ
16th-June-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, at the risk of ending the sycophancy in this thread ( :rolleyes: ) or even ostracising myself from this here community ( :eek: ):

I say, "Let him go...."

I like Tramp. He's funny, an experienced dancer and has put some good stuff in during his time here. But let's not get in line to blow him, huh??

If he wants to go, let him go... I'm sure in time, he will realise what the forum is, the magic that is here and why he joined, and contributed so voraciously over the years... and then come back in his own good time.

And when he does, I'll be one of the first to welcome him back.

Until then...............

David Bailey
16th-June-2005, 12:25 PM
I say, "Let him go...."
Totally - these "Come back XXX, we love you" things never work, people have to come back by themselves. See Mr McGregor for details...

No-one's forced to post / visit the forum, and no-one should feel any coercion to do so either.

Besides, on a much more serious note, I've still got 5,000+ more posts to go to reach Legend level, so the longer he stays away the easier it'll be to catch up with him :)

SilverFox
16th-June-2005, 01:13 PM
Why oh why would somebody go so far as to take their name off the Members List other than as a desperate attention seeking stunt.

If someone wants to stop posting all they have to do is ....errrr... stop posting.

Is there a child behavioural psychologist in the house....

Dreadful Scathe
16th-June-2005, 01:16 PM
I think its bizarre that Tramp reacted the way he did to CJs post which caused the whole thing to escalate. I saw him last night in Dundee (im visiting) and told him this. Its also not doing him any favours when he appears to go off in a huff at criticism, even so far as to remove himself from the forum. Criticism has always been a part of this forum but the "DJ dance" thread wasnt even particularly nasty, it could easily have been constructive if the tramp had chosen to not react the way he did :confused: Hopefully he'll see sense at some point!

sigh! why cant everyone be normal like me ;)

CJ
16th-June-2005, 01:25 PM

Thank you, DS, for that contribution to today's hot topic:

The oxymoron and it's place in the English language.

Discuss....

Dreadful Scathe
16th-June-2005, 01:30 PM
Thank you, DS, for that contribution to today's hot topic:

The oxymoron and it's place in the English language.

Discuss....
watch someone doesnt take that the wrong way and leave the forum in the huff !

....moron indeed ...

Donna
16th-June-2005, 01:32 PM

Eh? :eek: When you've got a smurf as your icon??? :wink:

Donna
16th-June-2005, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ceroc Jock]

I like Tramp. He's funny, an experienced dancer and has put some good stuff in during his time here. But let's not get in line to blow him, huh??

QUOTE]

Yep I totally agree. He's a great dancer....GREAT lead and very very very funny. COME BACK TRAMPY!!! tears: :tears: :tears:

Minnie M
16th-June-2005, 01:46 PM
COME BACK TRAMPY!!! tears: :tears: :tears:
:yeah: :flower: :yeah: :hug: :flower: :yeah:

Rebecca
16th-June-2005, 02:19 PM
Is there a child behavioural psychologist in the house....

I'm a psychologist SF (Forensic though, and I'm sure The Tramp does not fit into that category), but I can add one insight to this thread. . . . . . If he is taking a break from the forum, then he won't see any of these messages of support :confused: surely?? :confused: :confused:

PS. I enjoyed dancing with him at the weekend so as long as he continues to do that (and play great tunes) then I'm happy. . . oh, I'm doing it now aren't I??

Andy McGregor
16th-June-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm not surprised that The Tramp felt like a break from the Forum, he's probably feeling a bit sensitive after his first-year exams. And we all need a holiday from time to time. But for him to disappear completely is a bit of a surprise to me. And the answer is that he will come back or he won't. Maybe it's like Tinkerbell in Peter Pan and people stopped believing in him.

Come on boys and girls, if we really, truly believe we can bring him back. All together

I believe!

you can do better than that.

LOUDER!!!

Dreadful Scathe
17th-June-2005, 01:25 PM
Come on boys and girls, if we really, truly believe we can bring him back. All together

It appears he may be gone for good. So, to bring him back a lĂ* Frankensteins monster I suggest a strange man with a scary castle can attach electrodes and "flick the switch" until hes back with us. Any volunteers ? :)

CJ
17th-June-2005, 01:28 PM
FYI:

In wakeboarding, a tantrum is a 360 degree vertical turn. Some peoples' tantrums take more time than others...

Lounge Lizard
17th-June-2005, 01:29 PM
It appears he may be gone for good. So, to bring him back a lĂ* Frankensteins monster I suggest a strange man with a scary castle can attach electrodes and "flick the switch" until hes back with us. Any volunteers ? :)
You mean he was'nt already Frankenstiens monster :what:

Graham W
17th-June-2005, 01:39 PM
Tramp is an asset to dancing and that's what I like,sorry - b****ks to the politics,

I support under-par's sentiment..

the G

Piglet
17th-June-2005, 04:53 PM
Tramp is an asset to dancing

:yeah: :yeah:
I'd rather dance with him than chat on here any day :hug:

Clive Long
17th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
:yeah: :yeah:
I'd rather dance with him than chat on here any day :hug:
Never met 'im but crossed swords with him a few times.

He's a grown-up. He probably has decided there are far more profitable and rewarding ways to spend his time than on the forum - wonderful though this community is. I'm sure, and hope, he is still contributing to MJ as that much misunderstood and maligned character, "The dancing DJ" :whistle: (petrol , flame) :ducks:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-June-2005, 09:08 PM
Tramp is an asset to dancing and that's what I like,sorry

soooo tempting, but quoting out of context would be, whilst funny, quite insulting :)

CJ
20th-June-2005, 05:07 PM
soooo tempting, but quoting out of context would be, whilst funny, quite insulting :)

Go onnnnnnnn, you know I want to!! :devil:

DianaS
21st-June-2005, 09:30 AM
Perhaps he's shacked up with a girlie and is just to sh***ged out to care,
student life and all that :what:
Sounds better to say this is all meaningless than the rudeness of the truth when you're having a real life who needs this?

Graham W
22nd-June-2005, 12:54 PM
Misquoting Mr Smurf, maybe u should enlist with the Jive Aces delightful organisation...

G

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-June-2005, 01:08 PM
I didnt misquote though. Have the scientologists got it in for Trampy too ? He dosnt deserve THAT :eek:

Zebra Woman
27th-June-2005, 01:36 PM
Ha!

Trampy was back just now....I saw him reading the 'Dancing DJ' thread :rolleyes:

Ah...the benfits of Silver Membership :whistle:

Must remember to renew mine next month.

Dance Demon
27th-June-2005, 02:45 PM
Ha!

Trampy was back just now....I saw him reading the 'Dancing DJ' thread :rolleyes:

Ah...the benfits of Silver Membership :whistle:

Must remember to renew mine next month.

Na......can't have been him ZW........I saw him on Saturday night, and he told me he wasn't on the Forum any more.......... :whistle: :whistle:

Cruella
4th-August-2005, 10:05 AM
Well if he isn't back, how comes he's voted on the poll for coming to southport. :D Don't be shy Steve, come and talk to us. :flower:

Rhythm King
4th-August-2005, 10:41 AM
Well if he isn't back, how comes he's voted on the poll for coming to southport. :D Don't be shy Steve, come and talk to us. :flower:

I just looked and he doesn't seem to be listed on the members list... unless there's a way to hide your membership as well as be "invisible" when on line.

Cruella
4th-August-2005, 11:01 AM
I just looked and he doesn't seem to be listed on the members list... unless there's a way to hide your membership as well as be "invisible" when on line.
I guess there must be. I clicked on his name on the southport poll results and he was last active on the 28th July! He obviously knows tricks we don't. ;)

Andy McGregor
4th-August-2005, 11:13 AM
I guess there must be. I clicked on his name on the southport poll results and he was last active on the 28th July! He obviously knows tricks we don't. ;)It's a Klingon cloaking device. He can see us but we can't see him. You'll know when he turns it off because there will be a large area of darkness in the sky :whistle:

Peaches
4th-August-2005, 11:26 AM
I guess there must be. I clicked on his name on the southport poll results and he was last active on the 28th July! He obviously knows tricks we don't. ;)

Hmmmm..... :rolleyes: It's amazing what can be done under the bushes of Berryland!!! :wink:

Yliander
4th-August-2005, 03:26 PM
Hmmmm..... :rolleyes: It's amazing what can be done under the bushes of Berryland!!! :wink:or from the colonies - where he is currently visiting

Clive Long
4th-August-2005, 03:31 PM
or from the colonies - where he is currently visiting
Ahhh .. the "colonies"

I remember on my trip to Oz that no-one told me a UK-passport holder needs a visa to enter.

The nice immigration man wasn't impressed when I told him that it was ridiculous for me to have to have a visa since Australia was British - all he needed to do was look in the top-left hand corner of the flag ...

:ducks: :wink:

Clive

El Salsero Gringo
4th-August-2005, 03:36 PM
The nice immigration man wasn't impressed when I told him that it was ridiculous for me to have to have a visa since Australia was British - all he needed to do was look in the top-left hand corner of the flag ...Don't stop there ... you have to tell us what happened next!

(laughing my ass off at the thought it)

Buttons
4th-August-2005, 03:43 PM
Is it not the case if we remove our names from the members list we are unable to read the postings? All these appeals may be falling on deaf ears blind eyes so to speak.

Clive Long
4th-August-2005, 04:01 PM
Don't stop there ... you have to tell us what happened next!

(laughing my ass off at the thought it)
Silence for a few moments. My 25-hour flight was looking like the world's longest day-return-trip.

Then he directed me round the corner wher I bought one for 10 dollars.

Sweet.

However, I didn't have a sun-tan and wasn't carrying a ruck-sack (back-pack).

CRL