PDA

View Full Version : Christmas SOS

Curtain
7th-December-2002, 01:30 AM
Realising I'm a typical male, I was hoping to get all my Christmas shopping out the way on the 24th. However, having done this many times in the past, I've forced myself into some effort and pre-planning this year. I'm sick of wasting money on the panic buy, the obligatory box of deodorant and the display left over. People like me need help ...

So has anyone got some really good ideas for presents? Serious suggestions only (I know what you lot are like).

CJ
7th-December-2002, 04:34 AM
depends on for whom you are buying. Oh, and budget.:rolleyes:

Graham
7th-December-2002, 01:28 PM
I've heard you can pick up lots of good stuff at a car boot sale.

TheTramp
7th-December-2002, 01:33 PM
There's nothing better than starting your Christmas shopping at 1pm on the 24th December.

I find it really focusses the mind!

Steve

Graham
7th-December-2002, 01:35 PM
Robert - it also depends on how much you like the person.

eg Girlfriend you like: sexy underwear, tickets to a concert, life-size chocolate Bill figure, valuable jewellery

Girlfriend you're trying to dump: clothing several sizes too big, a set of pots and pans, slippers (even if she's asked for them!!), obviously fake jewellery

Wendy
7th-December-2002, 01:55 PM
Of course it depends on who it is. Get them to do the Gus quiz and you'll get loads of ideas for biographies, CDs, videos calendars ((Kylie's is the best seller to those might have sold out already !!) Lots of wee things are much more fun that big things (we would tell you that wouldn't we!!). Find a great shop like Urban Outfitters and you'll find loads of ideas. Another tip is to get different people (who don't know each other!!) the same thing - really good for those distant aunt and uncle types (and you can benefit from some of those 3 for 2 offers!) Take the "mulled wine pack" : bottle of robust red wine £4ish, mulled-wine spices £2ish and a couple of glass/stainless-steel mugs £7ish and some stollen/mini shortbread £2ish. Looks like you've made an effort but it doesn't cost much.

Give us a list, a budget and a few clues to their taste age etc. Or alternatively make me up some great tapes of music I would love (we'd need to discuss that over a yummy lunch somewhere of course !!) and I'll do the shopping for you !

Wx

TheTramp
7th-December-2002, 01:59 PM
Give us a list, a budget and a few clues to their taste age etc. Or alternatively make me up some great tapes of music I would love (we'd need to discuss that over a yummy lunch somewhere of course !!) and I'll do the shopping for you !
Wendy,

Is this offer open to everyone???

Steve

Wendy
7th-December-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Is this offer open to everyone???

Sure! First 5 respondants get a two (ideas and/or purchases for 2 people) for one offer !!

Wx