PDA

View Full Version : Southport September 2005 - who's going?

Pages : [1] 2

Little Monkey
13th-June-2005, 06:08 PM
So........

Been back from Southport for.... Oooooh, just over one hour now, so thought I'd check who's going for the September one???!!! :D

Mad Little Monkey (in need of new feet!)

drathzel
13th-June-2005, 10:40 PM
How sad are we......Woo Hoo roll on september! :clap: :clap:

David Bailey
14th-June-2005, 08:23 AM
How sad are we......Woo Hoo roll on september! :clap: :clap:
Good grief, can't we have a few Southport-free days?!?

Little Monkey
14th-June-2005, 08:53 AM

Ermmmm........ No? :whistle:

LM

Lou
14th-June-2005, 09:38 AM
We did, dearheart! Over last weekend! :wink:

Lynn
14th-June-2005, 10:29 AM
Good grief, can't we have a few Southport-free days?!? Well for some of us (ie us NI ones!) Southport in Sep is the next time we get to dance MJ so we need to start looking forward to it already!

jivecat
14th-June-2005, 11:48 AM

NO!!!

And just why weren't you there, Mr TT?

We shall expect to see you in September!

Lory
14th-June-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm really hoping to go and I've paid my deposit but I can't be sure enough yet to to add my name to the poll! :)

Little Monkey
14th-June-2005, 02:27 PM
I've not even paid my deposit..... Too skint from the weekend! But it was worth it..... But I do think I'll be going in September, as I'm not getting any other holiday this year, so I shall have to treat myself to another dance weekender! :clap: Oh, and there were lots of forumites I didn't get to meet (Lynn for one!), so will have to try and meet more of you guys next time!

And for those of you who did dance with me and knew I'm Little Monkey, but didn't introduce yourselves, shame on you! I probably danced with lots of you but just didn't have a clue who you were...?

LM

CJ
14th-June-2005, 02:47 PM
What are the dates?!? :confused:

drathzel
14th-June-2005, 02:48 PM

Dunno, but i booked anyway :rofl:

David Bailey
14th-June-2005, 03:26 PM
And just why weren't you there, Mr TT?
Too far, too old, too antisocial, too committed.... Pick one.

We shall expect to see you in September!
I'm mulling it over...

RoyBoy
14th-June-2005, 03:59 PM

Been there, tried those, none of them worked. Eventually gave in to the force.

Now I'm an evangalist for the Dark side/Bright side - not sure which it should be. Sounds like a contradiction anyway.

Hell book now, worry later

David Bailey
14th-June-2005, 04:05 PM
Been there, tried those, none of them worked. Eventually gave in to the force.
You're not my father - I shall resist!

(Especially as resistance involves doing nothing - I'm good at doing nothing :) )

Little Monkey
14th-June-2005, 04:08 PM

Well, as I said earlier, it's in 94 days....... And if you can't be bothered to count it on your calendar, I can tell you it's 16th to 19th September.

LM

Purple Sparkler
14th-June-2005, 04:09 PM
Are there tickets left, do you know? Is it something I don't want to miss (never been to Southport)?

Little Monkey
14th-June-2005, 04:29 PM
Are there tickets left, do you know? Is it something I don't want to miss (never been to Southport)?

Yep. Go to http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/3/27/ to download a booking form.

LM

Petal
14th-June-2005, 05:38 PM
So........

Been back from Southport for.... Oooooh, just over one hour now, so thought I'd check who's going for the September one???!!! :D

Mad Little Monkey (in need of new feet!)

I've said no :sad: :tears: but i'm recovering slowly and now i'm reconsidering. Have to persuade my southport room mates to go again, and that might take some work.

jivecat
14th-June-2005, 11:22 PM

Too old? Shirley, you can't be serious.

David Bailey
15th-June-2005, 12:11 AM
Too old? Shirley, you can't be serious.
Don't call - oh hold on, this is another gender-confusion thing, right? Am I never to live that one down?!?

Seriously, still not sure, 30-70 against at the moment I'd say though...

jivecat
15th-June-2005, 09:10 AM
Don't call - oh hold on, this is another gender-confusion thing, right? Am I never to live that one down?!?

No, no, just a basic cultural allusion.

What's all this about your gender being confused? Remind us again.

Lou
15th-June-2005, 09:19 AM
What's all this about your gender being confused? Remind us again.
:yeah: :rofl:

Lynn
15th-June-2005, 09:55 AM
Oh, and there were lots of forumites I didn't get to meet (Lynn for one!), so will have to try and meet more of you guys next time! I know! I did ask Minnie on Sun night who you were but you weren't about at the time so she couldn't point you out. Even with the forum reception and BBQ there were still lots of forumites I didn't meet as well - but between Sep and the BFG I hope to remedy that.

And I have booked for Sep - in fact I booked my flights for Sep when I was booking for this one - last October!! I'm not super organised or anything - it was just they were £11 return and it made sense to book them when they were so cheap. (And yes I do feel bad about the environmental damage caused by flying but I'm not really likely to spend 9 hours and about £100 plus all the extra travelling to ports to go by ferry when I can get there in 40 mins and £11 flying)

Little Monkey
15th-June-2005, 12:32 PM
(And yes I do feel bad about the environmental damage caused by flying but I'm not really likely to spend 9 hours and about £100 plus all the extra travelling to ports to go by ferry when I can get there in 40 mins and £11 flying)

Well, ya know if you wanna be really environmentally friendly, you'd have to row....... Or swim? And then just a quick jog to Southport when you get across, with all your dance gear in a backpack..... :whistle:

No?

Oh well....

Hopefully see you at the BFG or Southport!!!!! :hug: If you look at the official photos from Southport, I'm the one with the hoodie that zips all the way up over my face! :rofl: There's one of me peeking out through my hoodie, too, so you can actually see my face.

LM

Lynn
15th-June-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, ya know if you wanna be really environmentally friendly, you'd have to row....... Or swim? And then just a quick jog to Southport when you get across, with all your dance gear in a backpack..... :whistle:

No?

Oh well.... :rofl: That would be perfect - except its not good to get my nice suede soled dance shoes wet - otherwise I'd be following that plan!!

Hopefully see you at the BFG or Southport!!!!! :hug: If you look at the official photos from Southport, I'm the one with the hoodie that zips all the way up over my face! :rofl: There's one of me peeking out through my hoodie, too, so you can actually see my face.

LMAh - that was you! :rofl: I'll have another look. There's one of me in Lory's pictures, chatting to Franck. See you in September!

Simon r
15th-June-2005, 12:59 PM
we proberbly will not be going in september as there is not really any teachers we would want to see ...
hope to be at the scottish champs so will hopefully get to meet you all there
love simon

Lory
15th-June-2005, 01:15 PM
we proberbly will not be going in september as there is not really any teachers we would want to see ...
What's the line up then?

Simon r
15th-June-2005, 03:21 PM
Simon Selmon & Taina Kortelainen
Graham LeClerc
Viktor Andeke
Jim & Nicky Bourgerie
Paul Warden & Catriona Wiles
Sarah & Adam
Nelson Rose & Karen
Adam & Tas
Roy Asagaba-Power & Sue Talyor-Packham
More world-class teachers will be announced asap.

DJs include:
Colin Shaul
Roger Chin
Rob Ambridge
John Baker
Dance Demon
Steve Lampert
Paul Amos

under par
15th-June-2005, 03:29 PM

Not worth considering ...for all the superb DJs, wonderful dancers, and the friendliest group of people including all those mad forumites !!!!!!!!!! :confused:

The Bar-b-que too! :confused:

Simon r
15th-June-2005, 03:34 PM
but we have been once this year to southport and we would rather go to scotland can't do both so scotland wins...

under par
15th-June-2005, 03:38 PM
but we have been once this year to southport and we would rather go to scotland can't do both so scotland wins...

Aaaggh now that is a much more valid explanation...have a good time up there :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
15th-June-2005, 04:09 PM
can't do both so scotland wins...

OH GOODY! :D :clap:

Little Monkey
15th-June-2005, 04:22 PM
Not worth considering ...for all the superb DJs, wonderful dancers, and the friendliest group of people including all those mad forumites !!!!!!!!!! :confused:

The Bar-b-que too! :confused:

Exactly!!!!

Saying that, I'm still a traumatised Little Monkey after that BBQ...... :eek:

Little Timid Monkey :rolleyes:

Daisy
15th-June-2005, 07:53 PM
Sadly had to say no :tears: but that's cos we'll be living in sunny Australia by then :tears: :waycool: and it's a bit far to fly back.

However, we may be planning our visit home for the beginning of June 2006 so that means Southport in a years time :clap: :clap:

I'm sure J & W will be organising a fantabulistic line up for it BUT please, please, please have TwK spinning the discs. :yum:

We'll look forward to seeing you all again there and sharing a years worth of gossip. :cheers:

LOL Jane & Ray xxxx :flower:

Minnie M
15th-June-2005, 08:00 PM
......We'll look forward to seeing you all again there and sharing a years worth of gossip........
wot no forum posts :eek: :tears:

Daisy
15th-June-2005, 09:23 PM
wot no forum posts :eek: :tears:

You can bet your life there will be!! :wink: and I shall want to be kept right up to date with everything that's going on. :whistle:

Little Monkey
20th-June-2005, 10:51 AM
So, anyone travelling down from Dundee or nearby who I could hitch a lift with?? Travelling by bus all by my lonely self would just be soooooooo boring!!!

Little Lonely Monkey :flower:

drathzel
20th-June-2005, 12:51 PM
So, anyone travelling down from Dundee or nearby who I could hitch a lift with?? Travelling by bus all by my lonely self would just be soooooooo boring!!!

Little Lonely Monkey :flower:

I'll be travelling from Glasgow :flower:

Cruella
21st-June-2005, 11:23 PM
:yeah: I would love to do both, but without getting a divorce don't think it's gonna happen!! So it's up to Scotland for me too. (Bad luck Simon you can't escape me that easily) :rofl: :rofl:

Lucy Locket
22nd-June-2005, 12:33 AM
I'll be there & bringing a Southport & dance weekender virgin with me. He has been warned !!! :clap:

Jon L
24th-June-2005, 12:30 PM
I hope to be there this time for the first time. So I hope you guys from the North come and say hi.

I was scheduled to be there in May 2004 but I had a prang in my car which stopped me from coming.

angelique
30th-June-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm going! :clap:
And I intend to dance upstairs as much as I can on this weekend cos I had such a good time in June there...ask lory, she'll tell ya! :rofl: :rofl: :blush:

stewart38
30th-June-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm going! :clap:
And I intend to dance upstairs as much as I can on this weekend cos I had such a good time in June there...ask lory, she'll tell ya! :rofl: :rofl: :blush:

Im thick this is I guess a in Joke, where was the upstairs ?

If I go ill have to take the friday and monday of sick :whistle: American companies

Lucy Locket
8th-July-2005, 09:16 AM
The male friend who was going to come 'for his first time' has pulled out so I may be looking for another male to take his place. It's £89 coz i booked early. So if anyone is interested in sharing let me know. Someone has already asked but not made a decision yet.

If you don't mind sharing with a girlie that is!!!

Northants Girly
8th-July-2005, 05:13 PM
The male friend who was going to come 'for his first time' has pulled out so I may be looking for another male to take his place. It's £89 coz i booked early. So if anyone is interested in sharing let me know. Someone has already asked but not made a decision yet.

If you don't mind sharing with a girlie that is!!!Does it HAVE to be a male?

Lucy Locket
8th-July-2005, 06:02 PM
Does it HAVE to be a male?

guess not?? why do you want to come??

Northants Girly
8th-July-2005, 10:40 PM
guess not?? why do you want to come??Maybe . . . . well, yes! :yum:

but it's complicated :(

I'll talk to you tomorrow night :)

Lucy Locket
9th-July-2005, 12:00 AM
Maybe . . . . well, yes! :yum:

but it's complicated :(

I'll talk to you tomorrow night :)

okey dokey

FirstMove
10th-July-2005, 12:12 AM
Well here's a quandry. I went to Southport in June on my own. I vaguely knew about 20 people there maybe. Talking to some of them subsequently, about half say they aren't going back 'cos it wasn't as good as last time. As I wasn't there last time, this doesn't really help me decide whether I should return. Views anyone?

Northants Girly
10th-July-2005, 03:31 AM
Well here's a quandry. I went to Southport in June on my own. I vaguely knew about 20 people there maybe. Talking to some of them subsequently, about half say they aren't going back 'cos it wasn't as good as last time. As I wasn't there last time, this doesn't really help me decide whether I should return. Views anyone?
What was it that they thought "wasn't as good"? :confused:

the workshops? the other dancers? the chalet? the weather?

Personally I think Southport is a fab venue - 3 separate dance areas all in the same building (with no steps inbetween them like in Camber :sad: - those steps they kill me everytime!

It dosn't matter if you only know about 20 people there - I find the more of these weekenders you go to the more folk you get to know. Theres lots of dancers I have got to know purely though bumping into them at weekenders - never see them otherwise - so the more you go the more people you will end up knowing. :grin:
It's great when you know lots of people there, but for me, one of the great joys I get out of weekenders is meeting lots and lots of of new people - and some of them turn out to be fantastic dancers :drool:

So - lots depends on what your expectations are and what you make of it.

Personally - I'd never pass on an opportunity to go on a Southport weekender!

NG x

Lucy Locket
10th-July-2005, 10:32 AM

i went this year for the first time & knew a lot of people from the venues i go to, but did make sure i danced with as many 'strangers' as i could. It's always nice to dance with new people. Besides there will be lots of forum people & i bet some of those you haven't met. come & have some fun & meet new people :flower: :clap:

Gus
10th-July-2005, 10:41 AM
What was it that they thought "wasn't as good"? :confused: I appreciate that there are hordes of dnacers who are very vocal about how great Southport is, and with good reason. There are also others who aren't fans but keep a lower profile. I think its something thats down to person taste. Personaly I though some of the music was real good, and some was average and that there were lots of good dancers, but at times not enough room to dance with them. The main correlation I've seen between those who had a good time and those who didnt was whether they were part of a posse or not. The best part for me was being able to knoock around with the bunch of people I know already except that its was in bright sunshine with some nice blues music being played in the background.

My view, as for all weekenders, is that expecting to learn much meaningful stuff from a class of 200+ is pushing it a little. I did 3 classes but even Viktor's superb style and stage presence couldnt stop it from being a bit frustrating. At the end of the day, if you dont go for the workshops you're going for the music and the dancers. Thats the rub. It think in London we're really spoilt for the quantity of quality dancer and music so the incentive to travel so far is limited.

Lucy Locket
10th-July-2005, 11:25 AM
i still need someone to share with me, £89

Cruella
10th-July-2005, 12:16 PM
i still need someone to share with me, £89
So tempted, but i think it might cause a divorce as i'm at the scottish champs for the weekend 2 weeks beforehand. But i'll drop it in to conversation and gauge the reaction!!!

Lynn
10th-July-2005, 06:22 PM
Well here's a quandry. I went to Southport in June on my own. I vaguely knew about 20 people there maybe. Talking to some of them subsequently, about half say they aren't going back 'cos it wasn't as good as last time. As I wasn't there last time, this doesn't really help me decide whether I should return. Views anyone? I've been to all three Southport weekenders so far. And I enjoy each one even more than the last. I think these events are very much what you make them. At the last one I was in fab form from the moment I arrived on site, with anticipation - and perhaps I was worried that I would be disappointed as I was looking forward to it so much, but I wasn't.

I agree that going with a group of friends can be great fun, but I also love meeting new people and meeting other forumites that I have seen before at previous weekenders.

I do the classes for fun, I don't expect to 'learn' a lot as they are big, but I do enjoy them and to get to know other dancers as I rotate round.

I suppose if you have great dancers and great music at your regular venues you might not get such a buzz from a weekender, I don't have a regular venue.

The only problem I have at Southport weekenders is finding enough time in each 24 hours to sleep!

Danielle
10th-July-2005, 09:07 PM
well june was my very first southport weekender and i had a lovely time, despite all the obviously pros the thing that i thought stood out from all the other weekenders was having a room where you could freestyle in the day if you didn't want to do the classes.

At both Camber and Bognor I get bored in the day cos the workshops as mentioned before are very oversubscribed and not always great for the lady to attend, Southport was fab cos i didn't have to sit in my room waiting for the evening - i could go and dance any time of day :clap: :clap: and this made a huge difference to me :grin:

David Bailey
10th-July-2005, 10:41 PM
David, slowly catching up...

Hi FirstMove!

I speak from near total-ignorance (1 weekender, years ago). But I'd say, don't listen to your friends, make your own mind up. You probably, in your gut, have an instinct as to whether you want to go or not. Go with that instinct.

If you enjoyed it the first time, go back - it's likely you'll enjoy it as much or more this time, if only because you now know what to expect.

If you didn't, don't go - and, don't let anyone try to guilt-trip you into going if it's not your scene. It's perfectly possible to love dancing without going to a weekender.

In this, I'd echo Gus:

I appreciate that there are hordes of dnacers who are very vocal about how great Southport is, and with good reason.
Yes, possibly a bit too much - it's easy to get a blinkered view judging by so much of the enthusiasm on places like this Forum.

For me, I'd imagine I'd get out of it 2 or 3 good nights of dancing. I don't think I'd get much from the classes, mainly because of the size of each class - and, again as Gus says, you can get 2 or 3 good nights of dancing in London fairly easily.

Yogi_Bear
10th-July-2005, 10:43 PM
I will be going to my fourth Southport weekender out of four. As I don't normally dance much MJ over the summer, come to think of it, for me Souhport isn't very long to wait. I just hope the weather is as good as last time - for Saturday at least. I might be tempted to spend all weekend in the blues/swing room and terrace, apart from my regular walks over the dunes...

FirstMove
10th-July-2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks for your views. I found Southport pretty lonely, but enjoyed the dancing+lessons. I spoke to people during the lessons, but only opened my mouth to order a drink during the evenings. ( The magical attractive power of the horizontal hand at waist level seems to be the best way to get a dance!)

Since I posted yesterday, the one person I thought I might be able to blag into going has said he'd like to go, but I'd be too extreme (I did a full set of 20 classes). I can't win :(

I'm minded to go, expect to see a lost soul lurking around the forum BBQ (there is going to be one, right? :yum: )

under par
11th-July-2005, 02:09 AM
For me, I'd imagine I'd get out of it 2 or 3 good nights of dancing. I don't think I'd get much from the classes, mainly because of the size of each class - and, again as Gus says, you can get 2 or 3 good nights of dancing in London fairly easily.

EASILY !!! EASILY !!! :mad: :angry: I doubt that very much. :whistle:

Would the 2 or 3 good nights dancing in London (or anywhere else for that matter) finish at 0100? 0200? 0300? OR where else could you see yourself dancing till past sunrise on each morning to music by top djs with a great crowd of committed (or so they should be!) dancaholics????

I fear there is little chance that any town in Uk can offer 8 hours uninterupted freestyle 3 nights on the trot(minus the caberet time on Sat night!!) til 0600 or 0700.

If you would like to tell me where else I can find this , send me directions 'cos I'll be there. :flower:

David Bailey
11th-July-2005, 09:24 AM
EASILY !!! EASILY !!! :mad: :angry: I doubt that very much. :whistle:

Would the 2 or 3 good nights dancing in London (or anywhere else for that matter) finish at 0100? 0200? 0300?

Hipsters finishes at 1am.
Daventry (easily reachable from London) finished at 2am.
Oh, and Salsa places usually finish, well dunno really, they seem to go on forever, it's the whole Latin time thing - but sure, say 3am on average. What? You want MJ only? Well, there's no pleasing some people... :whistle:

OR where else could you see yourself dancing till past sunrise on each morning to music by top djs with a great crowd of committed (or so they should be!) dancaholics????
Well I'm not sure if I could ever see myself dancing past sunrise on any morning, but then that's probably because I'm such a wuss... :whistle:

I fear there is little chance that any town in Uk can offer 8 hours uninterupted freestyle 3 nights on the trot(minus the caberet time on Sat night!!) til 0600 or 0700.
I dunno, what is this, an endurance competition or something? :rolleyes:

Who cares how long you dance for, surely the only thing that matters is the quality of the dancing? I've had more fun in an hour at Chesham than a 6-hour set at some places I could (but won't) mention.

Oh, and cabarets? Not my favourite thing, they interrupt the flow too much for my tastes. :sad:

My basic point was that, for me, the main value of going to a weekender would be in the freestyles, not the classes. I appreciate that the freestyles would be good, but I can find good freestyles in London. So the whole weekender incentive thing for me, personally, is less than for other people in other circumstances.

I certainly didn't want to get into a p***ing contest as to comparing quality of weekender freestyle vs. others - I'll happily accept that the freestyles in weekenders are better. But, not so much better for me to make it a "must-go-to".

Hope that clarifies things.

MartinHarper
11th-July-2005, 11:15 AM
I found Southport pretty lonely

I can sympathise with that. I knew several folks there, but I made some effort to dance outside that circle - take advantage of the numbers a little. The feeling I got was that folks were generally going as part of one or another crowd. They were open to being asked to dance by strangers, and (a little less) open to socialising with strangers, but I got the feeling that wasn't the norm.

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 01:26 PM
I can sympathise with that. I knew several folks there, but I made some effort to dance outside that circle - take advantage of the numbers a little. The feeling I got was that folks were generally going as part of one or another crowd. They were open to being asked to dance by strangers, and (a little less) open to socialising with strangers, but I got the feeling that wasn't the norm.

Come & talk to me :grin:

jivecat
11th-July-2005, 01:44 PM

The first few weekenders I went on I thought it would have been grim to have been on my own, because, like First Move found, it would have seemed pretty lonely. But my impression now is that quite a lot of people, though mainly blokes, go on their own. I went to MJC on my own and found that I knew loads of people there, and there was always someone, often a forumite :flower: , to chat to. I don't think I'd hesitate to book on a weekender now on my own if I wanted to. The friends that I go with spend all their time dancing in the main room and I spend loads of time in the blues room, so our paths don't cross all that much anyway. Though if I wasn't having a good time and didn't have anyone to chat (moan) to about it, I'd probably end up just going home early.

Part of the thrill of weekenders is that sense of dance serendipity when you don't know what wonderful dancing treasure you're going to unearth. So, for me, that involves dancing with lots of strangers. However, when is a stranger not a stranger? When they're a previously unmet forumite, surely. Always a slightly weird experience, especially if there's the "I know who you are but you don't know who I am " factor!

Thanks for all the dances, anyway, Martin. :hug:

JonD
11th-July-2005, 01:59 PM
I've always gone to weekenders with a group of friends but the little "chalet family" thing is only part of the pleasure. Meeting and dancing with new danceaholics is the best bit.

For Southport, I've put together a gang of 12 of us from Exeter and Plymouth. Plus there's Ann and Lara who will be working on reception and Nelson and Karen are teaching. I'm sure there will be others from deepest darkest Devon as well. At weekenders we normally have tea & toast refuelling breaks at around 3am and you're all welcome whether you are in a gang or on your own.

Jon

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 02:10 PM
I've always gone to weekenders with a group of friends but the little "chalet family" thing is only part of the pleasure. Meeting and dancing with new danceaholics is the best bit.

For Southport, I've put together a gang of 12 of us from Exeter and Plymouth. Plus there's Ann and Lara who will be working on reception and Nelson and Karen are teaching. I'm sure there will be others from deepest darkest Devon as well. At weekenders we normally have tea & toast refuelling breaks at around 3am and you're all welcome whether you are in a gang or on your own.

Jon

cool :clap: :cheers: :flower:

David Bailey
11th-July-2005, 02:33 PM
Always a slightly weird experience, especially if there's the "I know who you are but you don't know who I am " factor!
That's because you all have such silly labels... :devil: :innocent:

Rhythm King
11th-July-2005, 03:29 PM

And your full name is? . . . :devil:

David Bailey
11th-July-2005, 03:47 PM
And your full name is? . . . :devil:
Bailey - but that's no secret, this is probably the 4th, 5th time I've explained this, maybe it should be in my sig or the FAQ. Blo*dy DavidB, he's got a lot to answer for, making me use my middle name, it's all his fault. :mad:

Anyway, at least it's got some relation to my full name, unlike some monarchical people I could mention... :whistle:

Rhythm King
11th-July-2005, 03:56 PM
Bailey - but that's no secret, this is probably the 4th, 5th time I've explained this, maybe it should be in my sig or the FAQ. Blo*dy DavidB, he's got a lot to answer for, making me use my middle name, it's all his fault. :mad:

Anyway, at least it's got some relation to my full name, unlike some monarchical people I could mention... :whistle:

What R King? My name, in fact? :whistle:

stewart38
11th-July-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for your views. I found Southport pretty lonely, but enjoyed the dancing+lessons. I spoke to people during the lessons, but only opened my mouth to order a drink during the evenings. ( The magical attractive power of the horizontal hand at waist level seems to be the best way to get a dance!)

Why did you feel lonely ?

David Bailey
11th-July-2005, 04:06 PM
Bailey - but that's no secret, this is probably the 4th, 5th time I've explained this, maybe it should be in my sig or the FAQ. Blo*dy DavidB, he's got a lot to answer for, making me use my middle name, it's all his fault. :mad:I don't quite understand! :confused: :confused:

What's wrong with David Bailey?

From someone deep undercover :blush:

Rhythm King
11th-July-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't quite understand! :confused: :confused:

What's wrong with David Bailey?

From someone deep undercover :blush:

Oooh - are you the famous photographer? :worthy: We've got another David Bailey on the forum, but he's a bit more secretive :whistle:

R-K :wink:

FirstMove
11th-July-2005, 11:13 PM
I have to admit, MartinHarper is the only non-teacher forumite I knew at Southport. Hopefully I unknowingly danced with a few of the rest of you, I was on the dance floor rather alot.

One of the reasons I went to so many lessons was precisely in the hope I'd meet a few new people to talk to in the evenings. Sand dunes have rather limited enduring appeal and I couldn't see much else to do nearby.

I went to MJC in March, but only saw one person from that crowd this time. They're a rather special case. (Top of class at Uni, better than me at absolutely everything and now better at dancing too it seems. Spent the whole weekend ignoring me, just like at MJC :na: :confused: :tears: )

Minnie M
11th-July-2005, 11:15 PM
I have to admit, MartinHarper is the only non-teacher forumite I knew at Southport. Hopefully I unknowingly danced with a few of the rest of you, I was on the dance floor rather alot.

One of the reasons I went to so many lessons was precisely in the hope I'd meet a few new people to talk to in the evenings. Sand dunes have rather limited enduring appeal and I couldn't see much else to do nearby.

I went to MJC in March, but only saw one person from that crowd this time. They're a rather special case. (Top of class at Uni, better than me at absolutely everything and now better at dancing too it seems. Spent the whole weekend ignoring me, just like at MJC :na: :confused: :tears: )

You should have introduced yourself to me in March (I was on the door at MJC) then I could have introduced you to the gang at Southport (as I did with Martin) - also could have introduced you to the peeps at MJC too :flower:

under par
12th-July-2005, 02:46 AM
Hipsters finishes at 1am............snip.....

Well I'm not sure if I could ever see myself dancing past sunrise on any morning, but then that's probably because I'm such a wuss... :whistle:

I dunno, what is this, an endurance competition or something? :rolleyes:

Who cares how long you dance for, surely the only thing that matters is the quality of the dancing? I've had more fun in an hour at Chesham than a 6-hour set at some places I could (but won't) mention..

No it is certainly not any sort of competition of endurance. To me it is PURE UNDADULTERATED PLEASURE, having that much freestyle time, dancing with so many talented, like minded danceaholics and dancing the night away to fantastic music not normally played anywhere else. :clap: :cheers:
That is what I personally enjoy most about weekenders.

Others enjoy other aspects of weekenders....I have no qualms about that.

Oh, and cabarets? Not my favourite thing, they interrupt the flow too much for my tastes. :sad: . I agree with you there.

Hope that clarifies things.

You have made me fully aware of your point of view and I am clear of what that is.

I have a contrary view. I do not get the same enjoyment from 3 nights dancing in London etc as you seem to.

My main enjoyment of weekenders is the long nights of dancing freestyle.

As well as the great social scene with all the forumites.

I only do about 2 lessons a weekend that is MY preference.

I get frustrated at many dance nights with only one and half hours freestyle after the lessons (slightly more at PHAT Friday, and a great night out it is too.)

A contrary view is not a wrong one.

I accept that the "hype" of events on places like the forum might build up an unrealistic expectation to some, but veterans of these events and veterans of the forum will know exactly what to expect.

These "veterans" excitement and anticpation is not a bad thing, it is a wonder to me that so many adults can get so much fun from it.

Lou
12th-July-2005, 07:10 AM
You think it's somehow less confusing when someone uses their own name?! :wink: :whistle:

(Oh, and FirstMove, I suspect there's a fair chance I've danced with you if you dance up at Worcs... ;) We'll have to get Martin to point us out to each other :D )

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 09:21 AM
You think it's somehow less confusing when someone uses their own name?! :wink: :whistle:
I see you've now devolved to a genderless flower... :confused:

Actually, cool avatar!

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 09:28 AM
A contrary view is not a wrong one.
Well, unless it's contrary to mine of course :whistle:

I accept that the "hype" of events on places like the forum might build up an unrealistic expectation to some, but veterans of these events and veterans of the forum will know exactly what to expect.

These "veterans" excitement and anticpation is not a bad thing, it is a wonder to me that so many adults can get so much fun from it.
Hmmm.... I guess what I'm saying is that the Forum is clearly a clique when it gets together socially, and that cliques make me uncomfortable.

FirstMove's hit on something I believe, and that's the difficulty for some people of socialising. And I think cliques, for reasons recently argu- er, debated elswhere, form barriers; they divide the world into Them and Us. And I'm not keen on that...

Ducks, runs, hides...

under par
12th-July-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, unless it's contrary to mine of course :whistle:

Hmmm.... I guess what I'm saying is that the Forum is clearly a clique when it gets together socially, and that cliques make me uncomfortable.

Ducks, runs, hides...

What you may refer to as a clique which has negative overtones i am happier to
to describe as loose social gathering of like minded persons. With an OPEN DOOR policy to any and all that want too join. :yeah:

In all social groupings "newcomers" feel awkward to start until they get to know everyone.

At the "forumite gatherings" I haven't met a happier, friendlier, more outgoing inclusive group of people always welcoming newcomers.

In fact advertising there existence at every oppurtunity here on the forum and by having forum meetings and bbqs etc at weekenders.

SO STOP running us all down. Please. :angry:

I am sure every newcomer to the social gathering is more than capable of getting involved and will in a very short period of time without any mollycoddling see that it is very unclique like.

You didn't duck quick enough see! :flower:

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 03:07 PM
What you may refer to as a clique which has negative overtones i am happier to
to describe as loose social gathering of like minded persons. With an OPEN DOOR policy to any and all that want too join. :yeah:

That's one of those irregular verbs, right?:
- They're in a clique
- You're in a group
- I'm in an open loose and welcoming social gathering :whistle:

In all social groupings "newcomers" feel awkward to start until they get to know everyone.
That makes the assumption that everyone wants to join the cli- err, the OLAWSG :)
Some people don't - in the same way that some (most) people don't post on the forums, but lurk. So some people will only see the group from an outsider's perspective.

At the "forumite gatherings" I haven't met a happier, friendlier, more outgoing inclusive group of people always welcoming newcomers.
Glad to hear it, :flower: to forumites and forumettas everywhere.
But you're inside the gathering, so you won't see it from an outsider's point-of-view.

SO STOP running us all down. Please. :angry:
Hey, it's what I live for - besides, it's been pointed out recently that the Forum's got much too civilised recently, so we need a bit of aggro... :innocent:

I am sure every newcomer to the social gathering is more than capable of getting involved and will in a very short period of time without any mollycoddling see that it is very unclique like.
Not everyone is confident enough ever to be a newcomer. Just like not everyone is confident enough to post here. Some people are shy. Like me :innocent:

Lory
12th-July-2005, 03:33 PM
Some people don't - in the same way that some (most) people don't post on the forums, but lurk. So some people will only see the group from an outsider's perspective.

I'm sorry David but that's THEIR problem, NOT ours! :angry:

We welcome all newcomers with open arms :hug: but we won't DRAG THEM in, we can't be held responsible for their lack of inclusion if they don't make an effort to include themselves or at least make themselves known to us! :rolleyes:

And if they DON'T WANT to associate with us, they can hardly moan about us having a good time together, as it THEIR choice! :angry:

Arghhhhh!

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 04:47 PM
... etc.
See, now that's the sort of thing I'm talking about! :)

We need more aggro! Come and have a go... etc. :innocent:

I shall now change my name by deed-poll to Clone of AndyMcGregor...

Minnie M
12th-July-2005, 04:50 PM
........I shall now change my name by deed-poll to Clone of AndyMcGregor...
Does that mean we are going to see you in a dress and a wig :whistle: (not wearing his wig in this photo - but does show his sexy legs :drool: )

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 04:54 PM
Does that mean we are going to see you in a dress and a wig :whistle: (not wearing his wig in this photo - but does show his sexy legs :drool: )
Wa-hey! No, I'm afraid I don't have the legs (or the hair) to pull that off... :sad:

Anyway, stop derailing the Aggro! Come on, show me what'cha got... :square up for fisticuffs icon:

stewart38
12th-July-2005, 04:57 PM

And if they DON'T WANT to associate with us, they can hardly moan about us having a good time together, as it THEIR choice! :angry:

Arghhhhh!

And we will break their legs as well , hope you understand now we are open and friendly and **** any ****** who says different :whistle:

under par
12th-July-2005, 05:58 PM
That makes the assumption that everyone wants to join the cli- err, the OLAWSG :)

So they don't want to join.......!!!!

We want to accept them.....to become part of us!!! if they would like to accept our invitations!

Surely if they don't want to and we can't force them to.

Then they are an outsider and will most certainly have an outsiders perspective.

You are good at stating the obvious.

you offer no solution....you again see it as a negative that a group gets together to have a good time.

Without conscription to forum gatherings and forcing people to come and have a good time what else can we do?

Should we ban gatherings of 3, 4 , 5 persons together because others with an outsiders perspective may get a complex about exclusivity.

Come on get a life.

Understand all are welcome to join the Ceroc scotland forum, any can lurk, any can post, any can meet up with others at any time.

Total inclusivity is an imposssiblity.

Not everyone is confident enough ever to be a newcomer. Just like not everyone is confident enough to post here. Some people are shy. Like me :innocent:

And it is our responsilblity to give them this confidence ??/

We are now responsible for all the personal traits of all who feel they cannot join in for what ever reason. Maybe we should cancel the forum website and start up a couselling website for those unfortunate outsiders of all forms of groups.

www.notincluded.com

www.i'manoutsider.com

www.theyareallhavingfun.com

www.stopthemgettingtogethercosIdonotlikeit.com

www.givemeconfidence.com

www.mollycoddlemenow.com

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 06:19 PM
Yay! Now this is what I'm talking about when I mean "aggro"... :whistle:

So they don't want to join.......!!!!
I don't know what "they" want, or indeed how many "they" are. Perhaps there's no-one else out there, and you're all figments of my deluded imagination. Or, possibly they're intimidated by the multiple exclamation marks, lots of strong statements and VERY LOUD SHOUTING? :innocent:

We want to accept them.....to become part of us!!! if they would like to accept our invitations!

Surely if they don't want to and we can't force them to.
Anyone else having a Locutus of Borg moment with this? No? Just me then... :blush:

You are good at stating the obvious.
Hey, it took many years of painstaking training and effort, don't knock it :sad:

you again see it as a negative that a group gets together to have a good time.
Err, I could be wrong, but that's not exactly what I said... But yes, obviously such activities are Evil and Must Be Stopped.

Without conscription to forum gatherings and forcing people to come and have a good time what else can we do?
Well, if you don't believe it's a problem, why do you think it needs a solution? Either it's a problem, or not - I'm not sure of your position here however.

Come on get a life.
Do I have to? This is more fun... :whistle:

Total inclusivity is an imposssiblity.
Nah, just send a invasion force back to 21st century Earth, stop the invention of the warp drive in it's tracks, and you're sorted... :grin:

We are now responsible for all the personal traits of all who feel they cannot join in for what ever reason. Maybe we should cancel the forum website and start up a couselling website for those unfortunate outsiders of all forms of groups.
Awww, that's nice of you. Thanks, I appreciate it. :flower:

I guess my invite to the next BBQ is cancelled....

jivecat
12th-July-2005, 07:02 PM
This is going to be a fence-sitting reply.

Under Par is right in that individuals have to take responsibility for what they do or don't join in with, and I think that it's true that the forum is an open organisation that, broadly speaking, welcomes all participants, though overly-bumptious newcomers can get a rough ride, initially.

I am, however, slightly wary of any organisation that is always congratulating itself on how generally open, friendly, wonderful and delightful it's members are. Having had experience of a workplace that did just that - it was the most insular and miserable place on earth, where your face had to fit - it always rings alarm bells now. I think it's better to just concentrate on BEING open, friendly etc, rather than talking about it, and the rest just follows naturally. And I have to emphasise here how much I have appreciated it when forumites have done just that.

I think that when a strong group identity begins to emerge anywhere, (and there is a sense of this on the forum, bizarrely enough, considering how much separates us all as well as the dancing that connects us,) then people who are not part of that group may feel excluded deliberately or at least, not part of it.

I'm afraid that casual onlookers, say, in the Blues rooms at weekenders might well have a sense that there's some kind of dance freemasonry going on - various non-forum friends have mentioned this to me- and forum socialising probably increases that sense, though we might all feel that we spend loads of time dancing with strangers. I can remember myself watching the dancers in one Blues room & waiting for the music to end so I could get up and ask someone for a dance -except no-one came off the floor, they all just swapped partners among themselves and carried on. That certainly did make me feel excluded, though I have no idea if many of the dancers were forumites on that occasion, it was quite a long time ago.

So I have some sympathy with DavidJames's point of view as well, though ultimately becoming involved with any group is largely a question of personal attitude & confidence.

David Bailey
12th-July-2005, 07:49 PM
I think that it's true that the forum is an open organisation that, broadly speaking, welcomes all participants, though overly-bumptious newcomers can get a rough ride, initially.
:yeah: I've said, several times, this is one of the most welcoming online communities I've come across. So no debate there.

Having had experience of a workplace that did just that - it was the most insular and miserable place on earth, where your face had to fit - it always rings alarm bells now.
Hah, been there too - it's like being told you're "empowered"... ! :sick:

{ snip great points }

So I have some sympathy with DavidJames's point of view as well, though ultimately becoming involved with any group is largely a question of personal attitude & confidence.
So in other words, I'm totally right. Just as I suspected. :innocent:

Also - Oi! The fight's over here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5840) now...

Lucy Locket
12th-July-2005, 10:08 PM
That's one of those irregular verbs, right?:
- They're in a clique
- You're in a group
- I'm in an open loose and welcoming social gathering :whistle:

Glad to hear it, :flower: to forumites and forumettas everywhere.
But you're inside the gathering, so you won't see it from an outsider's point-of-view.

Hey, it's what I live for - besides, it's been pointed out recently that the Forum's got much too civilised recently, so we need a bit of aggro... :innocent:

Blimey what have i joined????? :sick:

FirstMove
15th-July-2005, 12:26 PM
Blimey what have i joined????? :sick:

Quite, I'm not sure I actually want to be in the Forum gang any more. :confused:

Little Monkey
17th-July-2005, 07:44 PM
Hmmmmmm.....

The guy I was meant to go to Southport with in September, is now quite possibly not able to go any more....... Or rather - he won't know until nearer the time, which means I might well end up having to go 'alone'. And after reading all this - do I really want to? :wink: :whistle:

I met soooooooooooooo many lovely people last time, and really enjoyed myself, but I'm afraid of feeling a bit lost and lonely if I don't go with a group of mates......? Oh, don't know what to do now!

Shy Little Monkey

David Bailey
17th-July-2005, 08:31 PM
I met soooooooooooooo many lovely people last time, and really enjoyed myself, but I'm afraid of feeling a bit lost and lonely if I don't go with a group of mates......? Oh, don't know what to do now!
Oh God :eek:

GO TO SOUTHPORT! Ignore my ramblings, everyone else does - you'll have a lovely time, the forumites and ettes are lovely welcoming and sociable people and will make you feel very welcome.

I'd feel gutted if anyone took this argument seriously enough to be worried about it, and I don't want to feel gutted.

Little Monkey
18th-July-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh God :eek:

GO TO SOUTHPORT! Ignore my ramblings, everyone else does - you'll have a lovely time, the forumites and ettes are lovely welcoming and sociable people and will make you feel very welcome.

I'd feel gutted if anyone took this argument seriously enough to be worried about it, and I don't want to feel gutted.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And it amuses me that you took my comment seriously! :hug:

Nah, my reluctancy to go to Southport on my own has nothing to do with this little discussion - which has been quite entertaining reading - but a lot to do with me being a wee bit shy. And before anyone rushes in to say so: Yes I know I don't appear to be shy 'on the outside', but that's just a cover! :rolleyes:

Timid Little Monkey

Lynn
18th-July-2005, 09:41 AM

Shy Little Monkey Yes, come to Southport. You haven't met me yet! I always go with a group of friends, and last time we had great craic, esp chilling out at the chalets - but then I am always torn between hanging out with my friends, and doing a workshop/dancing in the afternoon/going for a walk on the beach/making new friends...

And in the evenings, most of my NI friends tend to head to bed a little bit earlier than me :rofl: so I'm 'on my own' - but of course I'm not, not when there are lovely forumites to talk to/dance with. :hug: (And that isn't just 'forum lovey talk' - it really does make a big difference to me staying up dancing in the blues room knowing there are other dancers that I know from on here who have been friendly and welcoming.)

At mealtimes if you are on your own it could be a bit lonely, but even then, I would think most people wouldn't mind if you joined them. A complete stranger came over and asked if he could sit with us, as he was eating alone, and it was lovely to chat and get to know another new person. You will be welcome to join us NI gals anytime.

That's actually a good point of going on your own, you sort of have to get to know other people.

And... shy? :rofl:

Lynn
18th-July-2005, 09:42 AM
Nah, my reluctancy to go to Southport on my own has nothing to do with this little discussion - which has been quite entertaining reading - but a lot to do with me being a wee bit shy. And before anyone rushes in to say so: Yes I know I don't appear to be shy 'on the outside', but that's just a cover! :rolleyes:

Timid Little Monkey I'm really a shy wee thing too. :blush: But no-one ever believes me. :whistle:

Petal
18th-July-2005, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Little Monkey but a lot to do with me being a wee bit shy. And before anyone rushes in to say so: Yes I know I don't appear to be shy 'on the outside', but that's just a cover! :rolleyes:

Timid Little Monkey[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's my line. :rofl:

Little Monkey
18th-July-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm really a shy wee thing too. :blush: But no-one ever believes me. :whistle:

Ah yes, such a problem being shy and people think you're really outgoing and confident... :whistle: :hug:

But seriously, I sometimes feel about 5 years old, when confronted with a crowded room full of people, or going to a party all by my lonesome self. But hey, I do know some of the people going, so should be ok. Just would like to find someone to travel with. Maybe there are some non-forumites going down from Dundee? Need to investigate....

LM

Little Monkey
18th-July-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey, that's my line. :rofl:

Mine, mine MINE!!! :rofl:

Lucy Locket
19th-July-2005, 08:45 AM
Hmmmmmm.....

The guy I was meant to go to Southport with in September, is now quite possibly not able to go any more....... Or rather - he won't know until nearer the time, which means I might well end up having to go 'alone'. And after reading all this - do I really want to? :wink: :whistle:

Shy Little Monkey

you & me in the same boat, how about we team up? have you booked? coz i booked & paid deposit for 2 at the cheap price of £89

Little Monkey
19th-July-2005, 10:45 AM
you & me in the same boat, how about we team up? have you booked? coz i booked & paid deposit for 2 at the cheap price of £89

Woo-hooooooo!!!!! That'd be great! I'm going to Southport, I'm going to Southport!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've sent you my contact detail in a pm!

Happy Monkey! :hug: :cheers:

under par
19th-July-2005, 10:58 AM
Woo-hooooooo!!!!! That'd be great! I'm going to Southport, I'm going to Southport!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've sent you my contact detail in a pm!

Happy Monkey! :hug: :cheers:

Great news LM an LL going.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

lots of lovely dances to look forward to :flower:

Lynn
19th-July-2005, 11:00 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: Looking forward to meeting more forumites!

Little Monkey
19th-July-2005, 02:55 PM

lots of lovely dances to look forward to :flower:

I've already noted your name on my dance card, Mr Under Par! Several times! :clap: Or should that be 'dance book', as it's Southport we're talking about? :D

Looking forward to meeting more forumites!

Looking forward to finally meeting you, too! :hug:

Happy Bouncy Little Monkey

Lory
25th-July-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm really hoping to go and I've paid my deposit but I can't be sure enough yet to to add my name to the poll! :)
:clap: I'm sure now! :clap:

Sharing with Angelique again :D

Any news about what the theme for Saturday night is yet? :nice:

Little Monkey
26th-July-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi guys!

My friend Yvonne just phoned me this evening and said she wants to go to Southport. The only thing is she has to travel from Dundee Friday afternoon after work, and come back Sunday evening, and she doesn't fancy doing the journey on her own.

Anyone travelling down from Scotland (Aberdeen, Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh....) who have to be back Sunday evening who'd like to give her a lift or car-share? Please PM me if you are interested, and I'll pass on the message!

LM

Purple Sparkler
27th-July-2005, 03:31 PM
RIGHT- f*** it. If there are places left, I'm going... will update you all shortly.

Purple Sparkler
27th-July-2005, 04:36 PM
Following a telephone conversation with my Dad, another with Wes at Jive Addiction and a trip to the Post Office...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'M GOING TO SOUTHPORT, BABY!

Don't suppose anyone's driving up from London and has room for a little one? It's worth an awesome mix tape and some drinks! :flower:

FirstMove
31st-July-2005, 08:16 PM
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

TOOOOOO!!!!

My cheques in the post :D
Found a Southport virgin to break in too :wink:

Cruella
1st-August-2005, 11:19 AM
Much to my husbands disgust, i've decided to risk divorce, am now doing Scottish Champs and Southport. :clap: Mental note - must have an awesome time to make up for the cold shoulder i'll get in September. :sick:

stewart38
1st-August-2005, 11:38 AM
If i go will someone write me a sick note as American company I work for is so mean on holidays :sad:

Little Em
1st-August-2005, 01:27 PM
Much to my husbands disgust, i've decided to risk divorce, am now doing Scottish Champs and Southport. :clap: Mental note - must have an awesome time to make up for the cold shoulder i'll get in September. :sick:

oooh you are such a :devil:

you wont be allowed out till x-mas!!

:rofl:

dont worry ill visit! :hug:

johnah
1st-August-2005, 03:44 PM
Any news about what the theme for Saturday night is yet? :nice:

Hello Lory,

Think a 70s theme might attract some interesting outfits!

Little Monkey
2nd-August-2005, 12:33 PM
So.......

Southport is approaching at the speed of.... Er..... Something that's approaching fast! :rofl:

Any ideas about a forum gathering? A forum BBQ? Any other gatherings, fun or games, apart from the blindfolding game as suggested by Mr. Under Par??

Looking forward to meeting as many new forumites as possible! :clap:

LM

Feelingpink
2nd-August-2005, 01:10 PM
So.......

Southport is approaching at the speed of.... Er..... Something that's approaching fast! :rofl:

Any ideas about a forum gathering? A forum BBQ? Any other gatherings, fun or games, apart from the blindfolding game as suggested by Mr. Under Par??

Looking forward to meeting as many new forumites as possible! :clap:

LM

I've not been before so am not sure what's been tried, but how about a champagne high tea on the Saturday - some bubbly and cakes and possibly pots of tea?

Little Monkey
2nd-August-2005, 03:29 PM
I've not been before so am not sure what's been tried, but how about a champagne high tea on the Saturday - some bubbly and cakes and possibly pots of tea?

Oooooh, what a fab idea! Had a fab bbq and coctails last time, so this would be a bit different!

Hmmmmm.... White tablecloths, champagne flutes, dishes of cakes and sandwiches.... On the lawn? And all of us in posh dresses? Oh, this could be good! And less chance of Little Monkeys being barbequed!! :whistle:

:D Little Monkey

stewart38
2nd-August-2005, 03:36 PM
Oooooh, what a fab idea! Had a fab bbq and coctails last time, so this would be a bit different!

Hmmmmm.... White tablecloths, champagne flutes, dishes of cakes and sandwiches.... On the lawn? And all of us in posh dresses? Oh, this could be good! And less chance of Little Monkeys being barbequed!! :whistle:

Lorry you have your work cut out :whistle:

Lory
2nd-August-2005, 03:43 PM

Actually, I quite fancied the idea of having a kids party, with musical chairs and pass the parcel (big brother style) etc. :na:

The food could be based on the kids party theme too, with each chalet bringing one large plate?

Chicken nuggets
Sandwhiches
and fairy cakes etc.

LMC
2nd-August-2005, 03:48 PM
My boss just told me off today for not having taken enough leave this year so far.... so this is looking increasingly tempting...

Feelingpink
2nd-August-2005, 04:20 PM
Actually, I quite fancied the idea of having a kids party, with musical chairs and pass the parcel (big brother style) etc. :na:

The food could be based on the kids party theme too, with each chalet bringing one large plate?

Chicken nuggets
Sandwhiches
and fairy cakes etc.

Damn! I had battenburg cake in mind ... but could adapt to jelly & ice-cream, mini sausages, chocolate fingers, E-numbers, jelly beans, hats, party bags ... and lots of games. Who's up for being the magician and clown? Punch and Judy?

Little Monkey
2nd-August-2005, 05:24 PM
Who's up for being the magician and clown? Punch and Judy?

Well, methinks Mr. Under Par makes rather a nice clown! :D

Feelingpink
2nd-August-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, methinks Mr. Under Par makes rather a nice clown! :D :sick: No! A magician perhaps :wink: ... but not a clown.

Lucy Locket
2nd-August-2005, 05:35 PM
If i go will someone write me a sick note as American company I work for is so mean on holidays :sad:

i'll write you a sick note

Rebecca
3rd-August-2005, 01:29 PM
Got my confirmation!!! Yay :clap:

Dilemma though: I've just realised that it is my step-mother's 60th birthday in the week following Southport and I know she will be expecting a big family party to celebrate. Would it be wrong to contact my father to ask him to hold off on the celebrations until the week after? Is my love of dancing making me utterly selfish?

Neeeeeed to come to Southport. . . :confused:

stewart38
3rd-August-2005, 01:33 PM
i'll write you a sick note

Thanks Lucy if im not in Dubai ill see you there :grin:

under par
3rd-August-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, methinks Mr. Under Par makes rather a nice clown! :D

I resemble that remark you LITTLE MONKEY!!! :flower:

under par
3rd-August-2005, 01:41 PM

Dilemma though: I've just realised that it is my step-mother's 60th birthday in the week following Southport and I know she will be expecting a big family party to celebrate. Would it be wrong to contact my father to ask him to hold off on the celebrations until the week after? Is my love of dancing making me utterly selfish?

Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport
Southport southport

Be a little selfish go on! :yeah: :hug:

stewart38
3rd-August-2005, 01:55 PM

Not easy your step mums 60th i mean thats an 'important' one

Assume you dad will expect you and we are probably talking family rifts here for years to come

Southport it is then :grin:

Rebecca
3rd-August-2005, 02:08 PM
Not easy your step mums 60th i mean thats an 'important' one

Assume you dad will expect you and we are probably talking family rifts here for years to come

Southport it is then :grin:

He did forget my 21st . . . . :whistle: (years on and the girl is still holding that particular grudge)

PJH
3rd-August-2005, 02:18 PM
He did forget my 21st . . . . :whistle: (years on and the girl is still holding that particular grudge)
Take them all to Stockport, how much bigger a celebration can you get than dancing the whole weekend away :nice:

under par
3rd-August-2005, 02:26 PM
Take them all to Stockport, how much bigger a celebration can you get than dancing the whole weekend away :nice:

Is there something going on in STOCKPORT as well as SOUTHPORT now I certainly don't know what to do!! :flower:

Rebecca
3rd-August-2005, 02:41 PM
:eek: The thought makes me shudder - my dad's one of those "I don't need dance lessons to know how to dance, I was an original jiver don't you know. . ", and he would give SilverFox a run for his money in the rummaging stakes. .

Thanks for the encouragement though guys - will keep you posted :flower:

skippy
3rd-August-2005, 05:36 PM
How exciting just sent my cheque off! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can go now I have got a new job can't wait!!! Loved June's one, it was my first, just got to organise travel now and who to share with? :yum:
Anyone travelling from Scotland got room who is staying on the Sunday night aswell!!!! :hug:

Little Monkey
3rd-August-2005, 06:46 PM
WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm so glad you're going, Skippy!!!! Oh, Lucy Locket, we might now need two chalets........ :D :whistle: Wouldn't surprise me much if Pete (aka Muppett) all of a sudden decided to come now....

Oooooh, only 44 days to go!! :D

Happy Monkey

Little Monkey
3rd-August-2005, 06:49 PM
I resemble that remark you LITTLE MONKEY!!! :flower:

You resemble that remark??? Well, glad to hear it! Would be sad if you resented it, though.... :whistle: :rofl:

Cheeky Monkey

Little Monkey
3rd-August-2005, 07:07 PM
So guys - are we definitely going for the kiddie party on Saturday, then? What theme are we having? All kiddie parties have themes - Barbie, Whinnie the Pooh, Tomas the Tank Engine, Spiderman......... Need to know, so we can co-ordinate paper tablecloths, paper plates, balloons etc... :D :rofl:

Ooooh, can't wait - jelly and ice-cream, fairy cakes, crisps, goodie bags, spin the bottle, pin the tail on the donkey......... What other foods and games do British kids have at their parties, then?? Come on, enlighten this Foreign Little Monkey!

Childish Viking Monkey

Feelingpink
3rd-August-2005, 07:49 PM
So guys - are we definitely going for the kiddie party on Saturday, then? What theme are we having? All kiddie parties have themes - Barbie, Whinnie the Pooh, Tomas the Tank Engine, Spiderman......... Need to know, so we can co-ordinate paper tablecloths, paper plates, balloons etc... :D :rofl:

Ooooh, can't wait - jelly and ice-cream, fairy cakes, crisps, goodie bags, spin the bottle, pin the tail on the donkey ......... What other foods and games do British kids have at their parties, then?? Come on, enlighten this Foreign Little Monkey!

Childish Viking Monkey

Hah! Is that while he's wearing his chef's apron? Viking superhero theme? Animal cracker theme (judging by some of our forum names?) Dolls tea party? Fairy tales? We could have a wedding party, two people could be the bride and groom, we could have speeches, a best man, cake (obviously) and cake cutting part of the day, which needs to be photographed, and the rest of us could dress up and behave badly ... and that way we could have confetti and bubbles as well! Or if anyone can think of a theme which would match a green dragon cake as I've done in the past for a child's birthday, go ahead!

Lynn
3rd-August-2005, 11:28 PM
Oooooh, only 44 days to go!! :D :clap: Only danced once since the June Southport (the week after) :tears: (I'm hoping to organise another evening later in August/early Sep :grin: . )

Cruella
4th-August-2005, 09:48 AM

Ooooh, can't wait - jelly and ice-cream, fairy cakes, crisps, goodie bags, spin the bottle, pin the tail on the donkey......... What other foods and games do British kids have at their parties, then?? Come on, enlighten this Foreign Little Monkey!

Childish Viking Monkey
How about a circus theme? Captain Fantastic can do his fire juggling again. We've got plenty of clowns :whistle:and a donkey for the rides. :rofl: We could use the Zebra for bare back riding. We could put some of the male forumites in tights for the high wire and trapeze. :rolleyes: I'm sure lots of you have hidden talents and party tricks for us to watch. :devil:

We could play pass the parcel, but instead of pressies inside we could put dares and truths. :innocent:

Rhythm King
4th-August-2005, 05:04 PM
How about a circus theme? Captain Fantastic can do his fire juggling again. We've got plenty of clowns :whistle:and a donkey for the rides. :rofl: We could use the Zebra for bare back riding. We could put some of the male forumites in tights for the high wire and trapeze. :rolleyes: I'm sure lots of you have hidden talents and party tricks for us to watch. :devil:

We could play pass the parcel, but instead of pressies inside we could put dares and truths. :innocent:

You could put them in one of your hats to pass round! :devil:

Auntie Barb
4th-August-2005, 09:11 PM
can't wait! I really enjoyed the reception on the first evening. Will there be another in September? I'll be meeting Aleks and Luca as usual. Anyone know what the theme is for Sat. evening is yet? :flower:

skippy
4th-August-2005, 09:33 PM
What about Pirates!!! my nephew's says that's the best!!!![/SIZE] However he is only 6 Years old....... :rofl:
bless :flower:

Lucy Locket
4th-August-2005, 10:21 PM
WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm so glad you're going, Skippy!!!! Oh, Lucy Locket, we might now need two chalets........ :D :whistle: Wouldn't surprise me much if Pete (aka Muppett) all of a sudden decided to come now....

Oooooh, only 44 days to go!! :D

Happy Monkey

sorted, think we have 2 chalets next to each other, will have to dig a tunnel from one to the other. :rofl:

skippy
5th-August-2005, 08:09 AM
sorted, think we have 2 chalets next to each other, will have to dig a tunnel from one to the other. :rofl:

great we can have some bubbles and nibbles before we go out dancing!!!!
Looking forward in meeting you all.
So excited .......xx :clap: :cheers:

LMC
5th-August-2005, 12:34 PM
Cheque sent yesterday, just hope they have some girly places left.

On the optimistic assumption that I *will* get a place ,there are two spaces left in my car if anyone needs transport from north London/Hertfordshire areas, probably leaving early Friday morning - PM me :nice:

DianaS
5th-August-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi NGs just txted me and I'm goiung too!! We always come together so it will be really nice.
If any ones going from Birmingham and would like a lift just send me a pm!!

CANT WAIT!!
D

Northants Girly
5th-August-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi NGs just txted me It's not definite with me!
and I'm goiung too!! We always come togetherOh no don't tell them THAT!
so it will be really nice.
If any ones going from Birmingham and would like a lift just send me a pm!!

CANT WAIT!!
D :blush: :sick: :whistle: :hug:

DianaS
5th-August-2005, 04:14 PM
It's not definite with me!Oh no don't tell them THAT! :blush: :sick: :whistle: :hug:

No but it is definate with me
hehe
and you'll get so many txts from me if your not there ....
no pressure
D :flower: :cheers: :hug: :yeah:

Sheepman
5th-August-2005, 04:57 PM
I've been holding back from voting here, because I didn't think there was much likelihood of me going, but as of this morning, it's a Woohoo! from me too :D

Greg

Lucy Locket
5th-August-2005, 05:21 PM
Cheque sent yesterday, just hope they have some girly places left.

On the optimistic assumption that I *will* get a place ,there are two spaces left in my car if anyone needs transport from north London/Hertfordshire areas, probably leaving early Friday morning - PM me :nice:

you can always share with us :flower:

FirstMove
7th-August-2005, 12:00 AM
... Anyone know what the theme is for Sat. evening is yet? :flower:

1970s :waycool:

- expect the national emergency supply of chest wigs to deplete any day now.

under par
7th-August-2005, 12:06 AM
I've been holding back from voting here, because I didn't think there was much likelihood of me going, but as of this morning, it's a Woohoo! from me too :D

Greg

You DJing Mr Sheepman,,,,,,,,,,please!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheepman
8th-August-2005, 09:38 AM
You DJing Mr Sheepman,,,,,,,,,,please!! :D :D

Greg

under par
8th-August-2005, 03:16 PM
:D :D

Greg

:yeah: :yeah:

Southport sounding better and better at it gets nearer and nearer :clap: :clap:

Lory
8th-August-2005, 03:41 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

Southport sounding better and better at it gets nearer and nearer :clap: :clap:
:yeah: And I think I can safely say, we have yet another little gem of a (forumite) DJ about to be announced too! :wink:

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

Little Monkey
8th-August-2005, 04:40 PM
:yeah: And I think I can safely say, we have yet another little gem of a (forumite) DJ about to be announced too! :wink:

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

:clap: :clap: WOO-HOOOOOO!! :clap: :clap:

Little Monkey
8th-August-2005, 04:41 PM
And a lickle birdie told me a couple of Funky Scottish Dancers are going to be teaching again! :clap:

Ah, just checked the website, and it's official: James and Melanie are teaching at Southport again! Woo-hoooooo! I loved your 'funky jive' class, guys! Can't wait for the next one!!

Dizzy
10th-August-2005, 11:46 AM
I left it until the last minute but.........

I AM GOING TOO!!

I might need a lift from London if there is a spare space in any nice forumite's car. It would be much better travelling up with other people!! :clap:

under par
10th-August-2005, 11:48 AM
How many days to go now>>>>>.................. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Lynn
10th-August-2005, 12:11 PM
How many days to go now>>>>>.................. :drool: :drool: :drool: Just over 5 weeks! :clap: And hopefully will be able to dance every Mon night - so I may get to dance 6 times between now and then (I know that doesn't sound a lot, but I'm using to dancing about once a month so thats like 6 months worth!), which means hopefully my dancing won't be as bad as it usually is on the first evening :tears:

drathzel
10th-August-2005, 12:26 PM
37 days to go

under par
10th-August-2005, 12:35 PM
37 days to go

I knew there would be someone out there who could count! :whistle:

See you there. :hug: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
10th-August-2005, 12:37 PM
:clap: :clap: WOO-HOOOOOO!! :clap: :clap:

Oh Oh does this gem of a froumite DJ bounce around a lot???

:whistle: :whistle:

I do hope so ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chicklet
10th-August-2005, 12:38 PM
Hi folks,

I have sadly had to make the difficult decision to give up my bought and paid for tickets for September, my rotton stinking back is still not behaving and I wouldn't survive the car journey, never mind the dancing :tears:

I have two girl tickets in the forum area up for grabs and would be very grateful if anyone would like to take them off my hands and I can put the money to Alexander Technique classes (assuming I don't need it for more surgery :angry: ).

PM me if interested and we can take it from there.

thanks
C (trying hard to :grin: )

Tiggerbabe
10th-August-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh Oh does this gem of a froumite DJ bounce around a lot???
Ehrm, course not - :eek:
she's incredibly still and well behaved :innocent: :innocent:
goes to bed early at weekenders and never touches Champagne :cheers:

under par
10th-August-2005, 01:38 PM
Hi folks,

I have sadly had to make the difficult decision to give up my bought and paid for tickets for September, my rotton stinking back is still not behaving and I wouldn't survive the car journey, never mind the dancing :tears:

I have two girl tickets in the forum area up for grabs and would be very grateful if anyone would like to take them off my hands and I can put the money to Alexander Technique classes (assuming I don't need it for more surgery :angry: ).

thanks

You are gonna be missed lots and lots Chicklet :hug: hope you get better real soon. :hug:

ps if it is the car journey that is going to cause you pain you still have time to walk, if you get started soon! You get someone to drive your suitcases full of shoes! :flower:

Chicklet
10th-August-2005, 01:43 PM
thanks to all ever so much for the nice messages and "sympathy rep" :rofl: :blush:

unfortuntely the only shoes I'm allowed to wear at the moment have Adidas written on them and the stripes clash terribly with all my outfits!!!! :eek:

under par
10th-August-2005, 01:45 PM
unfortuntely the only shoes I'm allowed to wear at the moment have Adidas written on them and the stripes clash terribly with all my outfits!!!! :eek:

Have a word with Zebra Woman :wink: :whistle:

Zebra Woman
10th-August-2005, 02:22 PM
thanks to all ever so much for the nice messages and "sympathy rep" :rofl: :blush:

Very sad to hear you will be missing out Chicklet :sad: :hug:

TOP TIP for you....

For those lazy summer weekends - Can I recommend a zebra print bikini with matching sarong? :drool:

For work days - Just pop some clothes over the top.

You will have that glorious secret self-satisfied knowledge that you are all matching. :devil:

Little Monkey
10th-August-2005, 06:05 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah right..........! :D

skippy
11th-August-2005, 09:56 PM
What about the waffles!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Little Monkey
12th-August-2005, 10:12 AM
What about the waffles!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Calm down, calm down - I'll bring my waffle maker if you pick me up in Dundee! :wink: Unfortunately I only have a single waffle maker, not a double one like Franck, so have patience.....

Anyway - have we decided about the theme for the children's party yet?

- Cowboys and Indians
- Pirates ('cus they're best according to 6 year old boys?)
- Circus
- some childrens' film theme / cartoon theme
- Whiches and wizards
- Monsters............................

Do we need a poll for people to make up their minds??

I remember a really good whiches and wizards (and monsters, I think) birthday party I had when I was ickle, where my mum made cakes shaped as toadstools, green jelly with fruitgum insects in it etc. The kids were too scared to eat any of it!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Monstrous Monkey

Purple Sparkler
12th-August-2005, 10:16 AM
Calm down, calm down - I'll bring my waffle maker if you pick me up in Dundee! :wink: Unfortunately I only have a single waffle maker, not a double one like Franck, so have patience.....

Anyway - have we decided about the theme for the children's party yet?

- Cowboys and Indians
- Pirates ('cus they're best according to 6 year old boys?)
- Circus
- some childrens' film theme / cartoon theme
- Whiches and wizards
- Monsters............................

Do we need a poll for people to make up their minds??

I remember a really good whiches and wizards (and monsters, I think) birthday party I had when I was ickle, where my mum made cakes shaped as toadstools, green jelly with fruitgum insects in it etc. The kids were too scared to eat any of it!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Monstrous Monkey

Oh please, oh PLEASE can we have a Pirate party!

Also, with the 70s theme... anybody from London up for a group costume thing? As in, we pick a band, or a TV show from the 70s and turn up as ALL the band members, or ALL the characters? I bet we could have awesome fun in Angels on Shaftesbury Avenue picking our outfits... anyone keen?

LMC
12th-August-2005, 10:23 AM
I have to confess to being a right old misery when it comes to fancy dress :blush: - I usually make a feeble effort but am too mean to spend the £££ usually required to be up there amongst the best. I also like my comfort and fancy dress can be very uncomfortable. Having said that, I found a fantastically vile 70s catsuit-type thingy in a vintage clothes shop yesterday - black flares with flowers - and it even almost fit but was 100% polyester ( :eek: ) and just too short in the body :tears:

So since there is a fancy dress theme at Southport already do we have to dress up for the forum party? A theme would be fun for food, games etc... but sorry, I can't, won't and shan't do TWO costume events in the space of one weekend.

Cruella
12th-August-2005, 10:36 AM
So since there is a fancy dress theme at Southport already do we have to dress up for the forum party? A theme would be fun for food, games etc... but sorry, I can't, won't and shan't do TWO costume events in the space of one weekend.

You don't have to make too much effort with the dressing up. The reason i want a cowboy theme, i saw a dalmation Stetson in the joke shop for a fiver. So thats all i will need to wear for that theme.

Groovy Dancer
12th-August-2005, 11:16 AM

Bring on the NACHOS!!! :drool:

:clap:

Purple Sparkler
12th-August-2005, 01:55 PM
I have to confess to being a right old misery when it comes to fancy dress :blush: - I usually make a feeble effort but am too mean to spend the £££ usually required to be up there amongst the best. I also like my comfort and fancy dress can be very uncomfortable. Having said that, I found a fantastically vile 70s catsuit-type thingy in a vintage clothes shop yesterday - black flares with flowers - and it even almost fit but was 100% polyester ( :eek: ) and just too short in the body :tears:

If you want to do 70s without the disturbing chest wigs, platform shoes etc, may I suggest a look on Ebay at the vintage clothing? There's always some pretty 70s dresses on there.

LMC
15th-August-2005, 11:00 AM
Also, with the 70s theme... anybody from London up for a group costume thing? As in, we pick a band, or a TV show from the 70s and turn up as ALL the band members, or ALL the characters? I bet we could have awesome fun in Angels on Shaftesbury Avenue picking our outfits... anyone keen?

I think we should all go as Pan's People - TOTP dancers in the late 60s/70s

Link (http://www.panspeople.freeserve.co.uk/archivepan.htm) for those who have no idea who I'm talking about.

- with trousers option on any costume, as for the wellbeing and mental health of those present, some of us should not wear hotpants (I don't want to get sued for inflicting PTSD on anyone thank you very much)

Purple Sparkler
15th-August-2005, 11:03 AM
I think we should all go as Pan's People - TOTP dancers in the late 60s/70s

Link (http://www.panspeople.freeserve.co.uk/archivepan.htm) for those who have no idea who I'm talking about.

- with trousers option on any costume, as for the wellbeing and mental health of those present, some of us should not wear hotpants (I don't want to get sued for inflicting PTSD on anyone thank you very much)

As I told you in the car on Saturday, I'm SO UP FOR THIS.

Question is, do we go with one colour, different outfits; or one outfit, different colours?

I don't mind which, but I wouldn't mind another excuse to wear my hot pants.

(Though they always make me think of a line from 'Bernard and the Genie' which I bet NONE of you remember- "She says her pants are hot! She wants your body and she wants it NOW")

Sparkles
15th-August-2005, 02:57 PM
Franck? Sheena? Why haven't you voted??
Please don't tell me you're not going :eek: :tears:...

S. x

Dance Demon
15th-August-2005, 05:55 PM
Franck? Sheena? Why haven't you voted??
Please don't tell me you're not going :eek: :tears:...

S. x

have a look at the list of teachers & DJs HERE (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/26/44/) Sparkles.......should cheer you up :D

Sparkles
16th-August-2005, 01:22 PM
have a look at the list of teachers & DJs HERE (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/26/44/) Sparkles.......should cheer you up :D
Woo-hooooooooo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks DD. :flower:

S. x

stewart38
17th-August-2005, 12:15 PM
ok i cant be arsed to read the whole thread

is there going to be dance with forumite type thingy as last time in 'blues room type thingy'

FirstMove
17th-August-2005, 12:39 PM
(Though they always make me think of a line from 'Bernard and the Genie' which I bet NONE of you remember- "She says her pants are hot! She wants your body and she wants it NOW")
...)

I remember, It had Lenny Henry in as the Genie. I don't remember that particular line though :(

Bill
17th-August-2005, 05:06 PM
and looks as if I'll be there after all - with Fran and Laura !! nervous ...me :sick: :whistle:

Just hope I can manage to see some of the wonderful teachers there and to catch up with some of the forumites I haven't seen :clap: :cheers: for ages

Chicklet
18th-August-2005, 03:43 PM

thanks

naughty to quote oneself but there you go

these still available, anyone ready to be swayed???

Lory
21st-August-2005, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know when we should expect to recieve our confirmation or tickets and programmes? :flower:

FirstMove
21st-August-2005, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know when we should expect to recieve our confirmation or tickets and programmes? :flower:

Confirmation - as quickly as John Wes can write it out!
Tickets+programmes - about 10 days before

Clive Long
21st-August-2005, 10:27 PM
Good evening.

Does anyone have a male ticket for Southport they wish to sell?

Please PM me if yes.

Thanks

Clive

Lynn
21st-August-2005, 11:14 PM
Does anyone have a male ticket for Southport they wish to sell? I'm sure there are still male tickets available, if no joy from someone selling one.

stewart38
21st-August-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm sure there are still male tickets available, if no joy from someone selling one.

I hope there is as sent money of the other day :sad:

Northants Girly
22nd-August-2005, 10:41 AM
I hope there is as sent money of the other day :sad:The website says there are tickets but only for mixed couples and single men so you should be ok :)

David Bailey
22nd-August-2005, 11:12 AM
The website says there are tickets but only for mixed couples and single men so you should be ok :)
Especially as (according to Missy D) all men say they are single :)

Northants Girly
22nd-August-2005, 11:16 AM
Especially as (according to Missy D) all men say they are single :)So true . . .

stewart38
22nd-August-2005, 11:33 AM
The website says there are tickets but only for mixed couples and single men so you should be ok :)

Yes if a women wanted a place (but her own accomedation) guess she could have booked with me but bit late now

Lynn
23rd-August-2005, 03:54 PM
Only 3 weeks from this Friday! :clap:

David Bailey
23rd-August-2005, 04:05 PM
Only 3 weeks from this Friday! :clap:
:rolleyes: We're going to get a daily countdown, aren't we...

Lynn
23rd-August-2005, 04:13 PM
:rolleyes: We're going to get a daily countdown, aren't we... Remember that for some of us, dancing opportunities are few and far between. I've only really danced MJ once since the last Southport and even that was back in June. That's why I'm getting excited! :clap:

(You should see me when we actually get to Pontins! :rofl: )

under par
23rd-August-2005, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes: We're going to get a daily countdown, aren't we...
yes we are :yeah:

Yogi_Bear
23rd-August-2005, 04:18 PM
Remember that for some of us, dancing opportunities are few and far between. I've only really danced MJ once since the last Southport and even that was back in June. That's why I'm getting excited! :clap:

(You should see me when we actually get to Pontins! :rofl: )I've only been to five events since then, and I thought I had practically given up.....

Gill (Norwich)
23rd-August-2005, 06:03 PM
I've only been to five events since then, and I thought I had practically given up.....
Well dust off your dancing shoes and come and give me a dance or two tonight :nice:

Yogi_Bear
23rd-August-2005, 11:09 PM
Well dust off your dancing shoes and come and give me a dance or two tonight :nice:Well, one, anyway, at 10.30.... :whistle:

Gill (Norwich)
23rd-August-2005, 11:31 PM
Well, one, anyway, at 10.30.... :whistle:

Good to dance with you thanks.

But be warned next time I will expect more :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
23rd-August-2005, 11:42 PM
Good to dance with you thanks.

But be warned next time I will expect more :rolleyes:Of course...I am really out of practice...let me know about Thursday... :)

under par
24th-August-2005, 07:39 AM
By my reckoning only 24 days to go!! :yeah:

David Bailey
24th-August-2005, 09:02 AM
By my reckoning only 24 days to go!! :yeah:
Thanks.

Lynn
24th-August-2005, 09:39 AM
By my reckoning only 24 days to go!! :yeah: Woohoo! Looking forward to some more lovely dances with you UP!

And DJ - if you don't want to read the Southport countdown... you don't have to read this thread you know... :whistle:

David Bailey
24th-August-2005, 09:56 AM
And DJ - if you don't want to read the Southport countdown... you don't have to read this thread you know... :whistle:

Not read a thread? :eek:

FirstMove
24th-August-2005, 11:46 PM
Anyone seen the DVD of June's Southport yet?

under par
25th-August-2005, 02:24 AM
Not read a thread? :eek:

Did you know that by my reckoning there are 23 days left to go till we are all at the Friday afternoon gathering. :yeah: :yeah:

DJ are you counting with me yet!!!! :whistle:

Dizzy
25th-August-2005, 10:08 AM
Did you know that by my reckoning there are 23 days left to go till we are all at the Friday afternoon gathering. :yeah: :yeah:

Ok, not panicking yet but I still have not been able to find a lift up to Southport.

Has any kind, generous forumite got a spare seat in a car going up from London? :flower: (I don't take up too much space, promise!!)

David Bailey
25th-August-2005, 11:04 AM
DJ are you counting with me yet!!!! :whistle:
La la la... I can't hear you... *sticks fingers in ears*

skippy
25th-August-2005, 06:02 PM
Well will someone please help him take them out of his ears!!!!! :rofl:
It's only 22 sleeps now!!!! :yum:
Come on start counting!!!!! :hug: :kiss:

Danielle
25th-August-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok, not panicking yet but I still have not been able to find a lift up to Southport.

Has any kind, generous forumite got a spare seat in a car going up from London? :flower: (I don't take up too much space, promise!!)

hey,

i have space in my car but we won't be leaving london till about 0100 - 0130 :eek: :eek: (we are still hoping to get a couple of hours of dancing in once we arrive though) you're welcome to come with us, but i know the timings not really ideal. If you wanna come let me know and I'll PM you number!!

Dan xx

Gill (Norwich)
26th-August-2005, 12:13 AM

We are leaving Friday lunchtime (from Norwich) and got a spare seat or two.
Think someone is driving up to come with us from Cheshunt area, maybe you could get lift with him to us and then all on from there? :sick:

under par
26th-August-2005, 12:25 AM
La la la... I can't hear you... *sticks fingers in ears*
Hey Rep TART!

22 :rofl:

David Bailey
26th-August-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey Rep TART!

I'm amazed you managed to wait 25 minutes to post that one.

drathzel
26th-August-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey Rep TART!

woo hoo! :clap:

Lory
26th-August-2005, 10:55 AM
By my reckoning it's 21 but maybe that's just wishful thinking :blush: :D

Lynn
26th-August-2005, 11:14 AM
By my reckoning it's 21 but maybe that's just wishful thinking :blush: :D Well its 3 weeks today! :clap: So I would call that 21 too - depends on how you count it I suppose (ie whether you include today?).

DJ - just wait till nearer the time - then we'll be counting in hours and minutes... :devil:

johnah
26th-August-2005, 01:55 PM
Just 21 days to go! The teacher line-up is complete, so are the music-maestro's including; Dance Demon, The Tramp, Toby wan Kenobe, Sheepman and Tiggerbabe.

Forum reception will again be held in Bluesville with The Tramp from 21:00

Admission passes, programmes etc will be posted w/c 05 September.

See you all at Southport or perhaps quite a few of you next week at the Ceroc Scotland Champs.

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lynn
26th-August-2005, 10:40 PM
Just 21 days to go! The teacher line-up is complete, so are the music-maestro's including; Dance Demon, The Tramp, Toby wan Kenobe, Sheepman and Tiggerbabe. :clap:
Forum reception will again be held in Bluesville with The Tramp from 21:00 :clap:

Admission passes, programmes etc will be posted w/c 05 September. :clap:

Sorry, starting to get a bit excited! :blush: :grin: :clap:

under par
27th-August-2005, 03:07 AM
By everyone's reckoning it must only be 20 days till Southport....join in with us DJ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :hug: :hug: :yeah: :kiss:

Little Monkey
27th-August-2005, 11:25 AM
WOO-HOOOOOOO! I's going to be great!!!!!! And this time I'll know lots more forumites, so I'll have more 'victims' to ask for a dance! :wink: And will hopefully meet lots more! :D I know Lucy Locket is already terrified about meeting me. (Thanks, JoC...... :sick: )

LM

Lynn
27th-August-2005, 02:30 PM
And will hopefully meet lots more! I hope we meet this time LM! I also hope to meet more forumites. One of the lovely thing about these weekenders is meeting new people - whether its a chat over a meal, or no conversation 'just' a couple of lovely dances. And looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!

Yogi_Bear
27th-August-2005, 10:59 PM
I hope we meet this time LM! I also hope to meet more forumites. One of the lovely thing about these weekenders is meeting new people - whether its a chat over a meal, or no conversation 'just' a couple of lovely dances. And looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!Me too... :cheers:

FirstMove
28th-August-2005, 12:25 AM
Is someone doing badge(r)s this time?

under par
28th-August-2005, 09:48 AM
Has anyone told DJ that there are only 19 days to go. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

He's not about at the moment maybe we all ought to PM him so he doesn't forget...mmmmmm! :whistle:

David Bailey
28th-August-2005, 11:29 AM
He's not about at the moment maybe we all ought to PM him so he doesn't forget...mmmmmm! :whistle:
I tend to read (postive) rep comments more than PMs... :whistle:

Gill (Norwich)
28th-August-2005, 11:33 AM
Psst Mr James it is only 19 days to go. You should be getting worried 'cause I am gonna seek you out for that dance :wink:

drathzel
28th-August-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope we meet this time LM! I also hope to meet more forumites. One of the lovely thing about these weekenders is meeting new people - whether its a chat over a meal, or no conversation 'just' a couple of lovely dances. And looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!

I think you did meet. Cuz if memory serves me.... ummmm...... we were chatting on the sunday! on the curved seats in the blues room (during the day)

David Bailey
28th-August-2005, 12:35 PM
Psst Mr James it is only 19 days to go. You should be getting worried 'cause I am gonna seek you out for that dance :wink:
:what: Who said I was going?

Lynn
28th-August-2005, 01:12 PM
I think you did meet. Cuz if memory serves me.... ummmm...... we were chatting on the sunday! on the curved seats in the blues room (during the day)Well its quite possible LM and I did meet but I wasn't aware she was LM! Ok D - can you point LM out to me this time please? :hug: The blues room on Sun afternoon was lovely, I should have stayed longer.

Gill (Norwich)
28th-August-2005, 02:36 PM
:what: Who said I was going?

:sad: Well if you don't go we can't dance :tears:

David Bailey
28th-August-2005, 05:42 PM
:sad: Well if you don't go we can't dance :tears:
Well, if it's any consolation I've voted for Cheshunt (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6239&page=2) next Friday; and (despite my best efforts) I doubt I'll be able to keep hold of ZW all night... :whistle:

Little Monkey
28th-August-2005, 05:46 PM
I think you did meet. Cuz if memory serves me.... ummmm...... we were chatting on the sunday! on the curved seats in the blues room (during the day)

D'oh! I can't remember that! Oh, brain - how nice it would be to have one!!!!

Well, Lynn - we can meet AGAIN! And introduce ourselves, this time.... :blush:
I'll be in the blues room! :cool:

LM

Dazzle
28th-August-2005, 06:13 PM
RUMOUR CONTROL

At Southport in June we were told that those booking "Club" class accommodation would be able to check in from 2 pm on the Friday. I have heard a rumour this is now going to change to 4 pm for all bookings to ensure the accommodation will all be ready (clean!) for us. Anyone else heard that or something different?

Robin
28th-August-2005, 06:24 PM
RUMOUR CONTROL

At Southport in June we were told that those booking "Club" class accommodation

is that club as in the sandwhich ? :whistle:

Lynn
28th-August-2005, 11:51 PM
D'oh! I can't remember that! Oh, brain - how nice it would be to have one!!!!

Well, Lynn - we can meet AGAIN! And introduce ourselves, this time.... :blush:
I'll be in the blues room! :cool: That's OK, cos I don't remember either! See you in the blues room!

under par
29th-August-2005, 05:00 AM
DJ its only 18 now......are you listening?

LMC
29th-August-2005, 10:38 AM
DJ its only 18 now......are you listening?
The font sizes are getting smaller UP - maybe you peaked too early?

Who else CAN'T WAIT for the workshop listings????

Minnie M
29th-August-2005, 12:20 PM
The font sizes are getting smaller UP - maybe you peaked too early?

Who else CAN'T WAIT for the workshop listings????
Look at the time of his post :eek: methinks he should be forgiven as he just got back from a very good party :worthy: :yeah: :whistle:

under par
29th-August-2005, 05:01 PM
Look at the time of his post :eek: methinks he should be forgiven as he just got back from a very good party :worthy: :yeah: :whistle:

:yeah: Did I really POST this morning after that long drive back..

Minnie i looked in the mirror after the drive back and what I saw was " :eek: " :flower:

Dizzy
30th-August-2005, 10:58 AM
I hope to meet more forumites. One of the lovely thing about these weekenders is meeting new people - whether its a chat over a meal, or no conversation 'just' a couple of lovely dances. And looking forward to seeing familiar faces too!

:yeah: :clap: :worthy: :drool:

I can't wait to put the names to the faces - and dance with them too!! :flower:

stewart38
30th-August-2005, 11:04 AM
:yeah: :clap: :worthy: :drool:

I can't wait to put the names to the faces - and dance with them too!! :flower:

Is that one hour dance thing going on ?? at 9pm on the friday ?

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 11:18 AM
Hmmm - you know what, I don't know how many days are left now, the lack of a countdown is leaving a gaping hole in my existence.

Can someone help?

drathzel
30th-August-2005, 11:25 AM
Hmmm - you know what, I don't know how many days are left now, the lack of a countdown is leaving a gaping hole in my existence.

Can someone help?

16 days to go

LMC
30th-August-2005, 11:29 AM

Can someone help?
16 days to go
:what:

I lost a day somewhere.... didn't think my weekend was THAT good.

Lynn
30th-August-2005, 11:30 AM
Is that one hour dance thing going on ?? at 9pm on the friday ?
Yes! :clap: A good start to the weekend - putting a few more forum ids to faces!
Forum reception will again be held in Bluesville with The Tramp from 21:00

drathzel
30th-August-2005, 11:53 AM
:what:

I lost a day somewhere.... didn't think my weekend was THAT good.

i didnt count today or the friday of southport! as we are already out of bed which makes it one day less and the friday is part of the s/port experience too! :flower:

LMC
30th-August-2005, 12:20 PM
i didnt count today or the friday of southport! as we are already out of bed which makes it one day less and the friday is part of the s/port experience too! :flower:
Agree with Friday, but sorry, not counting today is cheating until at least mid-afternoon (I don't consider a day over until I start *really* enjoying myself, which means after I've finished work :rofl: )

So 17 days to go

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 12:24 PM
Agree with Friday, but sorry, not counting today is cheating until at least mid-afternoon (I don't consider a day over until I start *really* enjoying myself, which means after I've finished work :rofl: )

So 17 days to go
Now we are going to have an argument over how many days to Southport.

Great :rolleyes:

DJ - you were very wise keeping well clear of the countdown.

CRL

David Bailey
30th-August-2005, 12:40 PM
Now we are going to have an argument over how many days to Southport.

Great :rolleyes:

DJ - you were very wise keeping well clear of the countdown.

CRL
I'm waiting for the "Hours" debate.
I'm amazed that none of us nerds have set up a countdown webpage yet...

Lory
30th-August-2005, 01:33 PM
Does anyone else find it really frustrating when the poll number goes up and you have to try and work out who else is coming? :rolleyes: (or NOT as the case might be :cool: )

DavidY
30th-August-2005, 01:42 PM
Does anyone else find it really frustrating when the poll number goes up and you have to try and work out who else is coming? :rolleyes: (or NOT as the case might be :cool: )Not sure what you mean? :confused:

If the names disappear you can still click on the actual number (on the RHS of the poll results) to make names display.

LMC
30th-August-2005, 01:44 PM
Not sure what you mean? :confused:

If the names disappear you can still click on the actual number (on the RHS of the poll results) to make names display.
I think what Lory is saying is that she hasn't memorised who is and isn't going so it's hard to spot who the "addition" is when the numbers change.

Lory
30th-August-2005, 02:18 PM
I think what Lory is saying is that she hasn't memorised who is and isn't going so it's hard to spot who the "addition" is when the numbers change.
:yeah: Sorry if I didn't make my self clear.. :flower:

LMC
30th-August-2005, 02:19 PM
:yeah: Sorry if I didn't make my self clear.. :flower:
*I* understood you, 'cos it's frustrating innit? :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
30th-August-2005, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know how to do 70s flicky hair (the Charlies Angels type thing)?

I have the most stunning dress for the 70s theme night, but need to do the stunning hair to match!

under par
30th-August-2005, 03:23 PM
Does anyone else find it really frustrating when the poll number goes up and you have to try and work out who else is coming? :rolleyes: (or NOT as the case might be :cool: )

On such an important poll as this you could always print the page daily, then see what, if any differences there are......easily sorted.....feel better now? :whistle:

drathzel
30th-August-2005, 04:02 PM
On such an important poll as this you could always print the page daily, then see what, if any differences there are......easily sorted.....feel better now? :whistle:

So will you be coming as Mr Saville? (or was that 80's?)

DavidY
30th-August-2005, 06:46 PM
I think what Lory is saying is that she hasn't memorised who is and isn't going so it's hard to spot who the "addition" is when the numbers change.Ah - I understand now.

I can think of cumbersome ways to do it (eg. every day you copy the names into Notepad, save the file, and use something like Word's "Compare Documents" function to show the differences from a previous version of the file).

But I can't think of a quick and/or easy way :sad: .

under par
30th-August-2005, 06:50 PM
So will you be coming as Mr Saville? (or was that 80's?)

Don't think it was 80s .

Have not thought out my 70s outfit yet...... :confused:

trying to work in a tutu to the theme ..... :rofl:

but pink wasn't so 70s really!!!

So maybe I could tie die it............mmmmmmm now there's a thought :flower: :flower:

Lory
30th-August-2005, 06:58 PM
But I can't think of a quick and/or easy way :sad: .
I can! :cool:

Everyone who adds their name from now on, posts to tell us they added it! :D

Gill (Norwich)
30th-August-2005, 07:00 PM

Sorry Lory, I'll confuse you even more, 'cause I voted that I wasn't going and now I am :whistle:

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 07:14 PM
Don't think it was 80s .

Have not thought out my 70s outfit yet...... :confused:
<< snip >>
If it's anything like your winning outfit at Jango :drool: - the rest of us haven't a chance.

The yellow hair was just a tawdry crowd-pleaser.

And who was that woman with the legs??!!! Oooops! Mrs. UnderPar. :blush:

CRL

under par
30th-August-2005, 07:26 PM
If it's anything like your winning outfit at Jango :drool: - the rest of us haven't a chance.

The yellow hair was just a tawdry crowd-pleaser.RL

Yes but when we arrived in the full outfit during the lesson you could have heard a pin drop before the laughter as nobody else was as outrageously dressed up

And who was that woman with the legs??!!! Oooops! Mrs. UnderPar. :blush:

CRL

From recollection Clive all the woman had legs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :whistle:

under par
31st-August-2005, 03:00 PM
Ive lost track now.................................just how many days are there to go till Southport. :confused:

Dj any idea! :na:

David Bailey
31st-August-2005, 03:24 PM
Dj any idea! :na:
Nope, but I can tell you how many days to go till Friday (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147084&postcount=60)? :innocent:

(it's 2)

under par
31st-August-2005, 03:41 PM
Nope, but I can tell you how many days to go till Friday (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147084&postcount=60)? :innocent:

(it's 2)

its 2 till this friday plus another 2 weeks YEAH :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Aw thanks DJ you're swell!

stewart38
31st-August-2005, 04:40 PM
Is it true Mikey or micky isnt go to be there so we don’t get anything up close and personal , not 'officially anyway'.

What’s going in the cabaret .They had 20 mins of material and tried to fill over an hour last time

3 men striping to wear aboves pants wasn’t ever going to work

DianaS
31st-August-2005, 04:47 PM
Is it true Mikey or micky isnt go to be there so we don’t get anything up close and personal , not 'officially anyway'.

You can get as UCand P as you and me both like :D
just don't do vulgar :flower:

Lynn
1st-September-2005, 12:04 AM
What’s going in the cabaret .They had 20 mins of material and tried to fill over an hour last time I think that was a last minute change of plans that couldn't be avoided. I did find an hour too long to sit - I was too tired to dance after that and had to go back to the chalet to rest for an hour (which worked as I was able to stay till the end of the night, or rather morning). I would guess it will be shorter this time as the Jive Addiction guys are good at listening to feedback from dancers and then acting on it.

So it is 15 days now? :whistle:

Dazzle
1st-September-2005, 12:38 AM
trying to work in a tutu to the theme ..... :rofl:

but pink wasn't so 70s really!!!

You could add your Tutu to the attached outfit I found under 70's attire.

70's Pink Pvc Hip Huggers & Crop Top

Available in one size only which fits up to UK Size 12!

Clive Long
1st-September-2005, 12:55 AM
I wonder how long it is till Southport ???

Miss Conduct
1st-September-2005, 01:38 AM
I can! :cool:

Everyone who adds their name from now on, posts to tell us they added it! :D
Just to let you know I've just added my vote even though you already know I'll be there with my stripy friend... :clap:

Did you ever post a decision Ceroc Jock?

Would be good to see you there, it's been a long time since Twyford. :flower:

Rebecca
1st-September-2005, 10:13 AM
Just to let you know I've just added my vote even though you already know I'll be there with my stripy friend... :clap:

Glad to hear it - it'll be lovely to see you again

under par
2nd-September-2005, 08:45 AM
You could add your Tutu to the attached outfit I found under 70's attire.

70's Pink Pvc Hip Huggers & Crop Top

Available in one size only which fits up to UK Size 12!

Where can I get this outfit :D I want it :drool:

under par
2nd-September-2005, 08:47 AM
Only 2 weeks to go till we are back in Southport :yeah: :yeah:

Danger Mouse
2nd-September-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm going to Southport again, this will be my sixth visit to Pontins in Southport in 4 years.

4 times with Jive Addiction & 2 times with another none jive related organisation.

Blimey I think Southport must be my second home oh heck I need help!

Dance Demon
2nd-September-2005, 01:23 PM
Only 2 weeks to go till we are back in Southport :yeah: :yeah:

Really :really: ....what's happening in Southport then?.... :whistle: :whistle: :D

drathzel
2nd-September-2005, 01:29 PM
Really :really: ....what's happening in Southport then?.... :whistle: :whistle: :D

I'll be doing a lot of sleeping, especially around the little little hours at dawn! :D

Dazzle
2nd-September-2005, 07:22 PM

As requested! :cheers:

Wonderland Party Fancy Dress (http://www.sureshotsfancydresscostumes.com/)

Lynn
3rd-September-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll be doing a lot of sleeping, especially around the little little hours at dawn! :DYou did mean to say 'dancing' rather than 'sleeping' didn't you? :whistle:

under par
3rd-September-2005, 12:42 PM
Is it 13 or 14 days to go :confused: :whistle:

Lynn
3rd-September-2005, 12:47 PM
Is it 13 or 14 days to go :confused: :whistle: Definitely 13. Shall we start counting the hours yet? :rofl:

Gill (Norwich)
3rd-September-2005, 12:49 PM
Definitely 13. Shall we start counting the hours yet? :rofl:

Not yet, my maths isn't that good :(

Lory
3rd-September-2005, 01:25 PM
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this.. (but i'll do it as gently as I can ;) ) Underpar, i'm afraid, you are no more likely to fit in a UK size 12 than I am! :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug:

under par
4th-September-2005, 02:02 AM
I hate to be the one to have to tell you this.. (but i'll do it as gently as I can ;) ) Underpar, i'm afraid, you are no more likely to fit in a UK size 12 than I am! :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just tell it to me straight what do you mean ? :confused:

Lory
5th-September-2005, 10:42 AM
Just tell it to me straight what do you mean ? :confused:
Erm.. nothing :innocent: :na:

Moving swiftly on! :whistle:

I make it just..........

11 days to go! :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
5th-September-2005, 11:23 AM

I make it just..........

11 days to go! :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :flower:

drathzel
5th-September-2005, 11:34 AM
You did mean to say 'dancing' rather than 'sleeping' didn't you? :whistle:

SSSSH!!!!!

Lou
5th-September-2005, 11:36 AM

Ahem. Are you tring to stop the nice man from dressing up in pink pvc? Bad Lory. :innocent:

Lory
5th-September-2005, 08:59 PM
Are you tring to stop the nice man from dressing up in pink pvc?
ME? Never! :innocent: :D

Gill (Norwich)
5th-September-2005, 09:15 PM
Anyone know who will be at Southport selling dance shoes please?

Not that I will rely on new shoes to improve my dancing of course :D

Having seen the shoes sported by some of the forumites over the weekend I just have to have a new pair, well I can't let the rest of you down at Southport can I? ;) Good excuse or what? :rolleyes:

Minnie M
5th-September-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm going to Southport again, this will be my sixth visit to Pontins in Southport in 4 years.

4 times with Jive Addiction & 2 times with another none jive related organisation.

Blimey I think Southport must be my second home oh heck I need help!
hey Danger Mouse, are you really Spice 'n' Easy - I'm confused :confused:

.....but i would like to say that 'Spice'n'Easy' is a new user name and his old one 'Dangermouse' is now unused.

Spice 'n' Easy
6th-September-2005, 12:32 AM

Just to clear up the confusion here. I am still the one and only Spicey to all who know me :clap:

I used to be a Dangermouse for about a month but people got me confused with the other Danger Mouse. I couldn't find a way to change my name so I re-registered myself as Spice 'n' Easy (with some help from SF, Lory and Zebra on choosing an apt name - thanks guys!) and introduced myself as such on the By Way of Introduction...... thread.

Hope this clears things up :nice:

under par
6th-September-2005, 12:40 AM
10 more days

Danger Mouse
6th-September-2005, 06:28 AM
Just to clear up the confusion here. I am still the one and only Spicey to all who know me :clap:

I used to be a Dangermouse for about a month but people got me confused with the other Danger Mouse. I couldn't find a way to change my name so I re-registered myself as Spice 'n' Easy (with some help from SF, Lory and Zebra on choosing an apt name - thanks guys!) and introduced myself as such on the By Way of Introduction...... thread.

Hi, Spice 'n' Easy, another DM fan I guess.

Sorry you had to change your name so as not to confuse people, I had no idea you were out there.

Maybe you should of changed your name to Baron Silas Greenback :wink:

Danger Mouse
6th-September-2005, 06:37 AM

Nope I'm Danger Mouse, always have been, on this board and several others. Until now I had no idea I was being confused with someone else.
But hey it makes not a jot of difference to my dancing, I’m still cr@p. Well you try dancing with an eye patch and a large woolly suit.

Minnie M
6th-September-2005, 08:10 AM

:clap: :worthy: :clap:
Glad that's sorted :flower: and a perfect reason for name changing and we LURV Spice 'n' Easy, it suits you :yeah: just as DM is the right name for him :clap:

WARNING: I am the one and only Minnie Mouse :devil:

Apologies for going 'off-thread' :blush:

Lynn
6th-September-2005, 10:31 AM
Anyone know who will be at Southport selling dance shoes please?

Not that I will rely on new shoes to improve my dancing of course :D

Having seen the shoes sported by some of the forumites over the weekend I just have to have a new pair, well I can't let the rest of you down at Southport can I? ;) Good excuse or what? :rolleyes: Kingdom of Dance (http://www.kingdomofdance.co.uk) will be there - they usually set up in a room off the main ballroom (to the left of the stage). I find its good to get there early in the weekend in case they have sold out of the style/size you want if you wait till the end. (Though they can post them out). And yes, that's a perfect excuse for a new pair! :clap:

Danger Mouse
6th-September-2005, 10:47 AM
Has anyone recieved their tickets, class schedule etc. yet?

drathzel
6th-September-2005, 10:50 AM
Does anyone have there programme yet? :hug:

Dreadful Scathe
6th-September-2005, 11:00 AM
We can't make it to this one. Niamh is a bit young and not good at taking bottles, maybe next time :)

Gill (Norwich)
6th-September-2005, 11:11 AM
Kingdom of Dance (http://www.kingdomofdance.co.uk) will be there - they usually set up in a room off the main ballroom (to the left of the stage). I find its good to get there early in the weekend in case they have sold out of the style/size you want if you wait till the end. (Though they can post them out). And yes, that's a perfect excuse for a new pair! :clap:

Thanks for the info Lynn :flower: , we will be leaving Norwich after lunch Friday so hopfully should make it up there some time Friday evening.

Lynn
6th-September-2005, 11:44 AM
Has anyone recieved their tickets, class schedule etc. yet?Not yet, but I think we will get them sometime this week.

Clive Long
6th-September-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info Lynn :flower: , we will be leaving Norwich after lunch Friday so hopfully should make it up there some time Friday evening.
Lory suggested I left Finchley sometime Wednesday previous to give me enough time to make Friday evening.

Some car journeys need to be savoured ....

CRL

Lynn
6th-September-2005, 12:18 PM
Lory suggested I left Finchley sometime Wednesday previous to give me enough time to make Friday evening.

CRL :rofl: And here's me travelling across from another country - catching a flight about 3:30pm...should be there around 6pm...

Gill (Norwich)
6th-September-2005, 01:34 PM

CRL
We will have to swop travel notes sometime :wink:
I am clocking up a good few miles in the cause of my dancing.

Graham W
6th-September-2005, 08:35 PM
I'll be going...

Rebecca
6th-September-2005, 10:48 PM
Anyone who would like a female ticket I'm starting a thread with the aim of flogging it for a friend (well passing on the message). I've no idea how to link to it, sorry. . . :flower:

P.S. Getting excited now. See you all there :clap:

Tiggerbabe
7th-September-2005, 07:12 PM
*tugs at Lory's shirt-tail*

I've voted now :wink:

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 08:29 AM
A week tomorrow! :clap:

drathzel
8th-September-2005, 09:27 AM
I GOT MY TICKETS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 09:41 AM
I GOT MY TICKETS!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:Good - maybe mine are waiting at home for me!

Dazzle
8th-September-2005, 12:18 PM
I received my tickets today too! As I "borrowed" someone elses personally generated easy reference timetable in June (Thanks Lory! :worthy: ) I thought I should repay the favour this time. So I have attached my version. :blush:

Northants Girly
8th-September-2005, 12:28 PM
I received my tickets today too! As I "borrowed" someone elses personally generated easy reference timetable in June (Thanks Lory! :worthy: ) I thought I should repay the favour this time. So I have attached my version. :blush:Cool :)

Thanks Dazzle!

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 12:34 PM
I received my tickets today too! As I "borrowed" someone elses personally generated easy reference timetable in June (Thanks Lory! :worthy: ) I thought I should repay the favour this time. So I have attached my version. :blush:Great - thanks! I notice there are now 'levels' on all the classes - another useful addition.

drathzel
8th-September-2005, 12:56 PM
thanks dazzle, was just going to spend my lunch hour doing something like that!

:hug:

Danger Mouse
8th-September-2005, 01:19 PM
whey hey! all my stuff arrived today.

drathzel
8th-September-2005, 01:27 PM
I have read my brochure cover to cover. I am not set and sorted.... only.... what will i wear? :tears:

Cornish Pixie
8th-September-2005, 02:09 PM
I have also read the brochure cover to cover but its givng me a bit of a dilema.This is my first BIG weekender so im not quite sure how to handle it. There are so many good classes but eveyone says that you get the best dances early in the morning. Do you guys do as many classes and stay up as late as possible,relying on adrenaline to keep you going or kind of pace yourselves just picking a few classes?

See you guys there,cannot wait!

Rachel
8th-September-2005, 02:24 PM
I have also read the brochure cover to cover but its givng me a bit of a dilema.This is my first BIG weekender so im not quite sure how to handle it. There are so many good classes but eveyone says that you get the best dances early in the morning. Do you guys do as many classes and stay up as late as possible,relying on adrenaline to keep you going or kind of pace yourselves just picking a few classes?

See you guys there,cannot wait! Nick, I shall be very disappointed if you leave before the last dance of the night. There will be a lot of ladies queuing up to freestyle with you - you can't let us down.

Yes, you have to pace yourself at these events (and wear comfortable shoes), otherwise you'll burn out. I'd say, make the most of the freestyles, because you'll get to dance with the likes of people you won't see until the next weekender, and be selective about your classes. I know it's really frustrating wanting to do ALL the workshops, but you can't do everything. I prefer to try the taster classes in things I'd never normally get a chance to go to, like the tango.

And oh, just seen Nicole Cutler's styling class - that will be my absolutely must do without fail workshop. Oh and so many others .... Choices, choices!

But what am I saying .... if anyone knows about adreneline, you do - you're the guy who stayed up dancing for [u]two[u] whole days and nights with no sleep whatsoever!! :worthy:

Look forward to seeing you again,
Rachel

Sheepman
8th-September-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes, you have to pace yourself at these events :yeah:
Priorities for me are the all night dancing, and getting enough sleep and food to cope with that!
My approach is to do a maximum of 3, but preferably 1 or 2, classes a day. More than this and the brain just doesn't absorb it.
So, (if I had a programme :tears: ) I'd go through, deciding for each class if it is a dance style I want to do, then is it from a teacher I respect. If any of the classes are before midday, then it really has to be unmissable, else I'll miss it! You have to be ruthless.

On my first weekenders I tried to do nearly everything, and came out exhausted and learning nothing. (In those days the dancing stopped at 2 a.m., but the partying carried on long after...)

Greg

angelique
8th-September-2005, 05:06 PM
Tickets arrived with all the other bits and pieces so have been sat here looking at what to do next weekend!
Hvae come to a decision...am not gonna do ANY freestyle so as can get to bed nice and early each night in order to do all the yummy classes like a good little girl! :whistle:

Lory, be quite when you come staggering in ok?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Am officially excited now!

Lucy Locket
8th-September-2005, 05:44 PM
Tickets arrived with all the other bits and pieces so have been sat here looking at what to do next weekend!
Hvae come to a decision...am not gonna do ANY freestyle so as can get to bed nice and early each night in order to do all the yummy classes like a good little girl! :whistle:

Like we believe you!!!!!!! :flower:

Clive Long
8th-September-2005, 06:00 PM

So
:bottom lip trembling:
no
:tears welling up:
dancing
:brave soldier face:
with
:can't hold it, can't hold it:
Angelique
:tears: :tears:

azande
8th-September-2005, 06:23 PM
So
:bottom lip trembling:
no
:tears welling up:
dancing
:brave soldier face:
with
:can't hold it, can't hold it:
Angelique
:tears: :tears:
I'm sure we can convince her to stay up for at least a couple of dances... :wink:

Gill (Norwich)
8th-September-2005, 07:02 PM
Gutted my info hasn't arrived yet :tears:
Guess there was too many of us going to send them all out in one hit :)

angelique
8th-September-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm sure we can convince her to stay up for at least a couple of dances... :wink:

No my determination is of steel strength quality...am gonna do my classes and be a good girl. NOTHING will make me change my mind....not even one of SilverFox's cocktails! :drool:
.Ok Ok Ok, maybe a couple of toons...Clive, Azande, anybody, everybody....meet me in the blues room!!! :wink:

angelique
8th-September-2005, 08:00 PM
Have just realised HOW easily I am led!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My strict Catholic upbringing has stood for nothing....Sister Antoinette will be turning in her grave

Lucy Locket
8th-September-2005, 08:19 PM
has anyone made a list of all the forumites going, coz i've lost track :flower:

foxylady
8th-September-2005, 08:23 PM
has anyone made a list of all the forumites going, coz i've lost track :flower:

Click on the number column in the poll results and it tells you.....

Cruella
8th-September-2005, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately, my lift isn't leaving until early friday evening, so think i'll miss the Forum reception :tears: Anything happening on the saturday? What happened about the kids party idea?

Gill (Norwich)
8th-September-2005, 09:37 PM
Well that may not be that up-to-date as I know there are at least 2 of us on the Boo-Hoo list that are now going :clap:

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 10:38 PM
Gutted my info hasn't arrived yet :tears: Mine hasn't either - but it probably will tomorrow.

Already been thinking about workshops. I did 9 I think on my first weekender (remember we have no regular MJ classes here!) but now do a lot less so I can dance all night. I do find them a nice way to meet people - if you spend some time working through a move with someone in a class (or even after the class ends) then you have broken the ice for a dance later in freestyle.

And yes - I'm going to do it. I'm actually going to ask some men to dance this time! If I don't feel too shy... :blush:

Clive Long
8th-September-2005, 10:41 PM
Have just realised HOW easily I am led!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My strict Catholic upbringing has stood for nothing....Sister Antoinette will be turning in her grave
Catholic girls :drool: :drool: :drool:

Missy D
8th-September-2005, 11:02 PM
I am not going :tears: Its my birthday too and will just have to spend it on the sofa anyone care to join me? :hug:

WittyBird
8th-September-2005, 11:07 PM
I am not going :tears: Its my birthday too and will just have to spend it on the sofa anyone care to join me? :hug:

I'm not going either :tears: will happily join you for some dancing - no one should sit on the sofa on their birthday its just not the done thing. :grin:

Lynn
8th-September-2005, 11:08 PM
Well that may not be that up-to-date as I know there are at least 2 of us on the Boo-Hoo list that are now going :clap:So that would mean that there are 70 forumites planning to attend! :clap: I will be there for the forum reception (though I found it a bit hard to work out who was and wasn't on the forum last time as there were several non-forum folk in there who didn't know it was a forum thing) - but others won't. Are there plans for any other forum event or other means of identifying each other (aside from the select meeting at 3:56am on Sun night in the blues room...). Would love to meet more forumites that I haven't yet met!

Lory
8th-September-2005, 11:22 PM

:really: What DO you mean :confused:

It's like waking the dead! :rolleyes: :devil: :wink: (yes i'm jealous :tears: )

Dazzle, thanks for the spreadsheet, i've printed it out already! :flower: :flower:

And to Lynn.....GO FOR IT! :hug:

Dazzle
9th-September-2005, 04:57 AM
I will be there for the forum reception (though I found it a bit hard to work out who was and wasn't on the forum last time as there were several non-forum folk in there who didn't know it was a forum thing) - but others won't. Are there plans for any other forum event or other means of identifying each other (aside from the select meeting at 3:56am on Sun night in the blues room...). Would love to meet more forumites that I haven't yet met!

Bardsey produced badges for those who requested them last time (even though she thought I was a girl!). :worthy: She hasn't indicated in the Poll if she is going or not so don't know this time :confused: . I am taking the one I made (not girly!) in June so you should see me, or be easily able to avoid me! :blush:

under par
9th-September-2005, 06:27 AM
7 days, its only 7 days ...7 days, its only seven days :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

David Bailey
9th-September-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm not going either :tears: will happily join you for some dancing - no one should sit on the sofa on their birthday its just not the done thing. :grin:
Amazingly enough, one or two other people won't be going to Southport, so I think you'll be OK. Ashtons and Cheshunt are both on the Friday - Ashtons might even be better without too many people to overheat the place, you never know...

Lynn
9th-September-2005, 09:42 AM
Bardsey produced badges for those who requested them last time (even though she thought I was a girl!). :worthy: She hasn't indicated in the Poll if she is going or not so don't know this time :confused: . I am taking the one I made (not girly!) in June so you should see me, or be easily able to avoid me! :blush:I know, she has had them the last 3 events - if she isn't going and has them as a Word file I'm sure someone else could print them if attached (I could maybe do them but printer is seriously playing up :tears: ...and black only). And with more people passing through the blues room, last time I was asking people 'are you on the forum' and got more replies of 'what forum?' than 'yes'.

I suppose I could try asking guys if they are on the forum, and if they say no I'll explain and ask 'like a dance anyway?'. And start off the weekend by asking a few folk up for a dance!

David Bailey
9th-September-2005, 10:12 AM
I suppose I could try asking guys if they are on the forum, and if they say no I'll explain and ask 'like a dance anyway?'. And start off the weekend by asking a few folk up for a dance!
Actually, why not just, you know, ask guys to dance, without all this Forum nonsense? Unless you're using it as a chat-up line of course...

Everyone's there to dance... If the topic of The Forum comes up in conversation, great - if not, what difference?

drathzel
9th-September-2005, 10:29 AM

Start the way you mean to go on!

I did that at the scot comp weekend! I sat for about half of friday night thinking i would reallly love to dance with that person. Finally I plucked up the courage (actually in the middle of a conversation with killingtime, i just got the get up and do it feeling) to ask, he said yes, complimented my dancing and we had several fab dances over the weekend, some of which he asked me for! :D

Get yourself out there girl! :clap:

Lynn
9th-September-2005, 12:59 PM
Actually, why not just, you know, ask guys to dance, without all this Forum nonsense? Unless you're using it as a chat-up line of course...

Everyone's there to dance... If the topic of The Forum comes up in conversation, great - if not, what difference?The idea of the forum reception is to meet and dance with other forumites for an hour - so I would like to do that. Its the first dancing of the weekend as its 9pm on the Fri evening (and usually my worst as I haven't danced in months :tears: ) - so I was thinking I could start as I mean to go on, as Drathzel said. And I'm a bit shy at asking guys to dance - someone being on the forum is a bit of connection, so its easier than walking up to a complete stranger. (I have no problem with complete strangers asking me to dance.)

Tiggerbabe
9th-September-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm due to be dj-ing in the Jive Room from 8pm - 9.30pm on the Friday - be nice to have some company :wink:

stewart38
9th-September-2005, 02:13 PM

Everyone's there to dance... If the topic of The Forum comes up in conversation, great - if not, what difference?

If your a babe magnet I guess thats ok but not everyone has your confidence

The idea of the forum reception is to meet and dance with other forumites for an hour - so I would like to do that. Its the first dancing of the weekend as its 9pm on the Fri evening (and usually my worst as I haven't danced in months :tears: ) - so I was thinking I could start as I mean to go on, as Drathzel said. And I'm a bit shy at asking guys to dance - someone being on the forum is a bit of connection, so its easier than walking up to a complete stranger. (I have no problem with complete strangers asking me to dance.)

It worked well last time and if you didnt have your name printed you could always write something. Its nice way to meet and dance with forumites and you can of course dance with them later in the weekend (if you like !). The numbers there last time and size of the room make it fairly easy to be introduced dance with nearly everyone

See you guys there,cannot wait!

My first weekender I tried to do all the classes and still danced to 5 or 6am.

The more you go to your bound to be more choosey as you have done many before. Even chilled out on the beach last time and missed some classes :sick:

But every ones different and there will be as many 'new women as men' I guess. Some people will want to go at 1am some at 6am

If anything the last 2 weekenders ive notice more women staying up after 3am but ive had some of the best dances at 4.30am

One thing i dont know if its been mention on this massive thread is watch your hand bags etc unfortunately undesirables have been know to get on site

LMC
9th-September-2005, 02:38 PM
One thing i dont know if its been mention on this massive thread is watch your hand bags etc unfortunately undesirables have been know to get on site
Maybe we could dance round them? (EDIT: the handbags that is, not the undesirables)

*ducks and runs for cover*

I WANT MY BROCHURE :tears:

Dance Demon
9th-September-2005, 04:42 PM
I haven't received anything yet.........no tickets, no brochure.....and no DJ rota to find out when I'm on :tears: :tears: .......maybe they're trying to tell me something :whistle: :whistle:

Feelingpink
9th-September-2005, 04:47 PM
7 days, its only 7 days ...7 days, its only seven days :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:Except you're starting a day early, so it's actually one less for you and Mrs UP!

Gill (Norwich)
9th-September-2005, 05:45 PM
I haven't received anything yet.........no tickets, no brochure.....and no DJ rota to find out when I'm on :tears: :tears: .......maybe they're trying to tell me something :whistle: :whistle:
Don't worry neither have I :tears: maybe they are trying to tell me something too :really:
Guess they just staggered sending them out.

Gill (Norwich)
9th-September-2005, 06:00 PM
Just had email from John at Jive Addiction "everything was mailed out Wednesday and Thursday of this week. So, should be with you soon.".
So guess we should sit and wait on our doormats tomorrow :clap:

Tiggerbabe
9th-September-2005, 06:38 PM
Is your e-mail working John? I got the dj-rota via e-mail.

fletch
9th-September-2005, 07:17 PM

Sounds good to me :clap: I think I have missed when and where to meet :blush: can someone let me know, I don't want to miss anything :wink: I will be the only one of my gang there :rolleyes: no one else is on the forum :tears: so go easy on me you know how shy and quirt I am :devil: :rofl: please come and tell me who you are :flower:
see you all this time next week :clap: :cheers: :clap: :clap:

Lucy Locket
9th-September-2005, 07:38 PM

doh!!!!! :blush: :whistle:

Lucy Locket
9th-September-2005, 07:39 PM
Sounds good to me :clap: I think I have missed when and where to meet :blush: can someone let me know, I don't want to miss anything :wink: I will be the only one of my gang there :rolleyes: no one else is on the forum :tears: so go easy on me you know how shy and quirt I am :devil: :rofl: please come and tell me who you are :flower:
see you all this time next week :clap: :cheers: :clap: :clap:

forum meet at 9pm friday

under par
9th-September-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm due to be dj-ing in the Jive Room from 8pm - 9.30pm on the Friday - be nice to have some company :wink:

We'll be there Tiggerbabe....try and stop us eh :hug: :worthy: :flower:

under par
9th-September-2005, 08:32 PM
Except you're starting a day early, so it's actually one less for you and Mrs UP!

:yeah:

But it only right I count everyone else in to Southport..........are you listening DJ :flower:

Dance Demon
10th-September-2005, 02:20 AM
got the rota.............Red Bull & matchstick for me again....early morning sets in the blues room................Wes I'm dying to try on the fur coat :rofl: :rofl:
Dance Demons insomniacs club lives on :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
10th-September-2005, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately I'll miss your last set on Sunday John :tears: but will definitely be there for Saturday night's blues session.

Can just picture you now in the fur coat and a hat :D

fletch
10th-September-2005, 09:05 AM
forum meet at 9pm friday
Just got my booklet :clap: can see it in black and white :blush: See you there :flower:

Lory
10th-September-2005, 10:10 AM
Ooooh I'm excited now! :na:

Can anyone let us know the Dj's timetable :worthy: :clap: :cheers:

under par
10th-September-2005, 11:22 AM
Ooooh I'm excited now! :na:

Can anyone let us know the Dj's timetable :worthy: :clap: :cheers:

Don't think DJs going is he!!!!!! :wink:

LMC
10th-September-2005, 11:30 AM
WHERE IS MY BROCHURE!!! :tears:

Thanks Dazzle for the timetable, my walls don't need climbing

Lynn
10th-September-2005, 04:44 PM
WHERE IS MY BROCHURE!!! :tears: I haven't got mine yet either - was getting worried it was lost in the post but if others haven't got theirs yet then maybe they weren't all sent out in one batch. I need to give their tickets to my chalet mates as they are arriving a couple of hours ahead of me and won't get in otherwise! Hopefully will arrive on Monday.

Gill (Norwich)
11th-September-2005, 02:19 PM
Starting to think about what I need to take to to Southport.
List so far:
4 prs dance shoes
deodorant
lots of clothes
Cadburys Chocolate Buttons
Wine
Corkscrew
Clean knickers
Pro Plus

anything else I will need?

LMC
11th-September-2005, 02:39 PM
Lory posted an excellent list (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60408&postcount=79) of what to take on a weekender... :)

Lynn
11th-September-2005, 02:51 PM
4 prs dance shoes Only 4? :whistle: Actually that's about how many I normally take as well - though end up wearing the same pair for most of the freestyles and my trainers for most workshops.

Clive Long
11th-September-2005, 03:04 PM
Is there a laundry on site at Southport? - or I'm going to have to buy about 10 more T-Shirts (black, of course).

Lory
11th-September-2005, 03:19 PM
Is there a laundry on site at Southport? - or I'm going to have to buy about 10 more T-Shirts (black, of course).
:what: You actually think your going to have the time OR the energy, to even THINK about washing :confused: ... your on holiday man! :devil:

Go on, treat yourself! :wink:

under par
11th-September-2005, 04:26 PM
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday.......I make it 5 left till we are all up there enjoying some music Yeeeeaaaaahhhh :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
11th-September-2005, 04:33 PM
yup! 5 sleeps left ......... save me a dance (or 10) UP :hug:

Lynn
11th-September-2005, 05:26 PM
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Thursday.......I make it 5 left till we are all up there enjoying some music Yeeeeaaaaahhhh :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was dancing last night - first proper 'dance' since the last Southport - which has made me look forward to this weekend even more!

Must think about packing list soon to ensure all the stuff I want to take is ready to pack (rather than discovering on Friday morning that some top/skirt I really want to take is lurking at the bottom of the laundry basket.)

stewart38
11th-September-2005, 06:58 PM
I see check in has been put back another hour :sad:

skippy
11th-September-2005, 07:27 PM
Lory posted an excellent list (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60408&postcount=79) of what to take on a weekender... :)

Do you have transit van??? :whistle:
Cause know that me and three others can't take all that!!!(it won't fit in my car)
But great to get you thinking!!!! :flower: :kiss:

drathzel
11th-September-2005, 07:33 PM

Must think about packing list soon to ensure all the stuff I want to take is ready to pack (rather than discovering on Friday morning that some top/skirt I really want to take is lurking at the bottom of the laundry basket.)

I am trying that today and having nae luck!!! Argh, why does it have to be so hard! Ok we women are pretty lucky, give us shortsleeve top/dress and we only need to change a few times a night So i am estimating 9 tops. We need 1 -2 bottom wear (skirts/trousers) per night so that 6 bottoms. 1 fancy dress out fit. 2 day time top changes and one bottom. at least 4 pairs of dance shoes, 1 pair of trainers to get back at night and one pair of multi purpose get to venue shoes. The clothes to get home on monday in! All in all that is

9 evening tops
6 evening bottoms
5 day time tops
3 day time bottoms
4(at least) pairs of dance shoes
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of normal shoes

Ok now i have osrted that maybe i can make some choices! :tears:

Gojive
11th-September-2005, 07:43 PM
9 evening tops
6 evening bottoms
5 day time tops
3 day time bottoms
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of normal shoes

And a partridge in a pear tree? :whistle:

drathzel
11th-September-2005, 09:30 PM
And a partridge in a pear tree? :whistle:

No that would be silly! :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
11th-September-2005, 09:50 PM
9 evening tops
6 evening bottoms
5 day time tops
3 day time bottoms
1 pair of trainers
1 pair of normal shoesGood Lord. I don't think I own that many clothes in total.

drathzel
11th-September-2005, 09:56 PM
Good Lord. I don't think I own that many clothes in total.

Sorry, i dont understand........ not own many clothes? :eek: :confused:

under par
11th-September-2005, 10:01 PM
Good Lord. I don't think I own that many clothes in total.

don't worry ESG borrow some of mine I must have 50+ shirts and t shirts and will take a vast quantity of those to Southport to keep me as fresh and sweet smelling as possible for all those trillions of hours freestyling with all those lovely lovely ladies... :flower:

Lory
11th-September-2005, 10:24 PM
I must have 50+ shirts and t shirts
Only about half the number of Mrs Pars dresses then :wink:

angelique
12th-September-2005, 12:09 AM
:really: What DO you mean :confused:

It's like waking the dead! :rolleyes: :devil: :wink: (yes i'm jealous :tears: ):

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT LORY??? Whadda ya mean? :eek:

You KNOW how to get me out of bed in about 2.4 secs.....
cue Lisa Stansfield........
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

killingtime
12th-September-2005, 01:08 AM
Well replace the 'B' in my vote with a 'W'; it looks like I'm going to Southport :D.

under par
12th-September-2005, 08:26 AM
Monday night Tuesday night and Wednesday night.......3 more slleps till Mrs Par and I set off...... :yeah: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah:

We'll be there in 4 days :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Groovy Dancer
12th-September-2005, 08:49 AM
Monday night Tuesday night and Wednesday night.......3 more slleps till Mrs Par and I set off...... :yeah: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah:

We'll be there in 4 days :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here we go again!! :whistle: :flower:

Little Monkey
12th-September-2005, 10:33 AM
Just got my pass (thanks Lucy Locket, that was quick!!!)

WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't believe it's only 4 days to go!!! Oooh, and I haven't started packing yet. Oh dear...... Think I've got.... 6 pairs of trousers and 3 skirts....... That's not going to be enough, is it????? Oh dear, maybe I have to do some shopping before I go???? :whistle:

And only 3 pairs of dance shoes.... Oh well, I'll be wearing my b'n'w shoes for 75% of the time, anyway...

Aaaaarrrrrggggh! Need more shoes, and t-shirts, and trousers and skirts..... Andandand....

Excited and slightly stressed Little Monkey

Lynn
12th-September-2005, 10:34 AM
Sorry, i dont understand........ not own many clothes? :eek: :confused: :yeah: :rofl:

Fortunately there is a charity shop collection this week as I really need to clear out (why do Primark have to bring tops down to 20p each in their sale - I just can't leave them at that price!!)

Flip flops make good 'to and from venue' shoes (for this time of year anyway) and are really light to pack.

One good thing is that there aren't too many issues of colour co-ordination - everything goes with black! (Of course the downside of having several identical pairs of black trousers is that it looks like you are wearing the same pair all weekend!)

Lynn
12th-September-2005, 10:39 AM
And only 3 pairs of dance shoes.... Oh well, I'll be wearing my b'n'w shoes for 75% of the time, anyway...

Aaaaarrrrrggggh! Need more shoes, and t-shirts, and trousers and skirts..... Andandand.... There is always the option of buying another pair of dance shoes when you get there!
Excited and slightly stressed Little Monkey I had orginally planned to go into work on Fri morning - I would have time as my flight isn't till 3:30 - but decided it would be too much 'last minute packing stress' all crammed into Fri lunchtime! So now I can have a whole morning of it!

Lory
12th-September-2005, 11:09 AM
(Of course the downside of having several identical pairs of black trousers is that it looks like you are wearing the same pair all weekend!)
:yeah: I've got 8 pairs of Black trousers, not 'exactly' the same but I'm sure no-one would notice apart from me.. and an array of black tops.....

So I'm telling you all now, I will be changing but it just might not look like I have! :blush: :D

Graham W
12th-September-2005, 11:14 AM
I gather from the countdowns from various people that this is an event to look forward`to, looking forward to learning new moves with my surrogate partner , Gee! ;-)

G

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 11:14 AM
:yeah: I've got 8 pairs of Black trousers, not 'exactly' the same but I'm sure no-one would notice apart from me.. and an array of black tops.....

So I'm telling you all now, I will be changing but it just might not look like I have! :blush: :D

Is this a woman thing to have loads of clothes in one colour and just swap them about. Cuz i do too! :hug:

LMC
12th-September-2005, 12:16 PM

:yeah: as well

I'm weird, I hate clothes shopping. So if I find something I like, I tend to buy two or more - anything for an easy life...

Little Monkey
12th-September-2005, 12:35 PM
:yeah: as well

I'm weird, I hate clothes shopping. So if I find something I like, I tend to buy two or more - anything for an easy life...

I hate clothes shopping, too..... :tears: And I should have bought more pairs of my fan-bloody-tastic black pinstripe trousers when I had the chance - I just didn't have enough money...... :( I've got another pair of pinstripes now, too, but not quite as nice as my first pair.... And like a lot of people here, most of my clothes are black, so it might look like I hardly ever change my clothes! But I do, honest!

Oh, need to bring more towels than I did last time, too.........

LM

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 01:39 PM
I just went shopping on my lunch hour and bought a gorgeous, non black, skirt and a pink :eek: top

Gill (Norwich)
12th-September-2005, 01:49 PM
I just went shopping on my lunch hour and bought a gorgeous, non black, skirt and a pink :eek: top
Think I need to take you when I next go shopping, I seem to be colour-blind or blind to colour, my wardrobe just screams black as you will all see at Southport :what:

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 01:52 PM
Think I need to take you when I next go shopping, I seem to be colour-blind or blind to colour, my wardrobe just screams black as you will all see at Southport :what:

Actually until just before the last southport i was the same, now anything colourful gets looked at.... well skirt wise... tops are either black or white or blue and trousers black! :flower:

Danielle
12th-September-2005, 03:23 PM
I have just been told that there maybe petrol stoppages from Wednesday onwards!!! hopefully it won't happen but just in case i'm filling up tonight!!!
For everyone that has a long way to drive this weekend it may be a good plan to do the same!!! see you all there!!! :hug:

Little Monkey
12th-September-2005, 04:05 PM
I seem to be colour-blind or blind to colour, my wardrobe just screams black as you will all see at Southport :what:

Sounds like me! But I did manage to find a gorgeous skirt for £10 in town today, which is black with red and gold print. And really twirly, too! :D :clap:

Southport, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LM

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 04:40 PM
Sounds like me! But I did manage to find a gorgeous skirt for £10 in town today, which is black with red and gold print. And really twirly, too! :D :clap:

Southport, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LM

where did you get it cuz i think i looked at one like that! :flower:

Rachel
12th-September-2005, 04:49 PM
I just went shopping on my lunch hour and bought a gorgeous, non black, skirt and a pink :eek: top Me too! Just this lunchtime bought a cream lacy 'thing' for a fiver from Tesco's last reductions rail (don't knock it!!). I believe it's supposed to be a top but, because it's mamouth-size, should be big enough to convert into a dress. Will need to do something about the see-through lacy bits below the waist, though!

Rachel

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 04:56 PM
Me too! Just this lunchtime bought a cream lacy 'thing' for a fiver from Tesco's last reductions rail (don't knock it!!). I believe it's supposed to be a top but, because it's mamouth-size, should be big enough to convert into a dress. Will need to do something about the see-through lacy bits below the waist, though!

Rachel

You could always wear a petticoat!

I got a gorgeous black top with sequins, a blue crochet top, 8 pairs of tights set of pj's and something else i cant remember for £19!!! out of primark! I paired the black top (as it is a bit low) with a blue lycra top from asda ( £3) and it looks gorgeous and fashionable (was wearing it after Azande got a bit excited after seeing Dave Handcock getting chnaged and split his coke over me, on sat night!) and shall be bringing it to S/port as i am that please with the outfit!!! :D

Rachel
12th-September-2005, 05:04 PM
You could always wear a petticoat!

I got a gorgeous black top with sequins, a blue crochet top, 8 pairs of tights set of pj's and something else i cant remember for £19!!! out of primark! I paired the black top (as it is a bit low) with a blue lycra top from asda ( £3) and it looks gorgeous and fashionable (was wearing it after Azande got a bit excited after seeing Dave Handcock getting chnaged and split his coke over me, on sat night!) and shall be bringing it to S/port as i am that please with the outfit!!! :D I love bargains!
But really, where on earth do you buy petticoats? I tried looking everywhere for one, years ago when Marc told me that a particular skirt I had was see-thro in sunlight. Couldn't find one anywhere ...

Little Monkey
12th-September-2005, 05:17 PM
where did you get it cuz i think i looked at one like that! :flower:

Found it after scouring through rail after rail of nasty cheap-looking clothes in Primark. You really can get some decent stuff in there sometimes, if you're willing to look past all the naff stuff!

Oh, and Rachel - you can get slips/ petticoats in Debenhams, and if it's not just a plain slip you're after, you get gorgeous lacey petticoats in all shapes and sizes at www.petticoatdreams.com (I think that's right....)

LM

drathzel
12th-September-2005, 05:43 PM
I love bargains!
But really, where on earth do you buy petticoats? I tried looking everywhere for one, years ago when Marc told me that a particular skirt I had was see-thro in sunlight. Couldn't find one anywhere ...

You could always buy a cream slinky sexy little nightie number (out of primark) and stitch it in!

However best not show it to Marc first, he might be a bit dissapointed! :D

Lucy Locket
12th-September-2005, 06:18 PM
Just got my pass (thanks Lucy Locket, that was quick!!!)

WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't believe it's only 4 days to go!!! Oooh, and I haven't started packing yet. Oh dear...... Think I've got.... 6 pairs of trousers and 3 skirts....... That's not going to be enough, is it????? Oh dear, maybe I have to do some shopping before I go???? :whistle:

Aaaaarrrrrggggh! Need more shoes, and t-shirts, and trousers and skirts..... Andandand....

Excited and slightly stressed Little Monkey

don't forget your waffle iron!!!!!! :clap:

Lucy Locket
12th-September-2005, 06:19 PM

Blimey!!! Need a truck for that lot :clap: :rofl:

If i need anything i know where to come. Fairy lights?? scented candles?? massager?? foot spa??
you really taking that lot??

May pop round for a cuppa :clap: :hug:

Lucy Locket
12th-September-2005, 06:20 PM
if there's a spare ladies ticket i may know of someone who wants to go, will share with us :flower:

Gill (Norwich)
12th-September-2005, 06:47 PM

If i need anything i know where to come. Fairy lights?? scented candles?? massager?? foot spa??

Blow the cuppa I will be visiting Lory for the booze..... :cheers:

Lynn
12th-September-2005, 07:28 PM
Found it after scouring through rail after rail of nasty cheap-looking clothes in Primark. You really can get some decent stuff in there sometimes, if you're willing to look past all the naff stuff!Before I read down this far in the thread I was going to ask 'did you get it in Primark' cos I think I have it too! I was thinking of bringing it to Southport... (see how I'm keeping on thread here? :whistle: )

I have got some great bargains in Primark - their vest tops at £2 are good (I have about 3 in black as they had them at £1 so I got several). And their recent sale had stuff down to 20p. But yes, you do have to work at finding the nice stuff, though I think there is more nice stuff the past year or so.

Little Monkey
12th-September-2005, 08:05 PM
if there's a spare ladies ticket i may know of someone who wants to go, will share with us :flower:

Well, my mate can't go. On night-shifts all weekend. :(
Oh well - all the more space for us! :clap:

LM

skippy
13th-September-2005, 12:12 AM
Talking of petrol shortages and consolidating expenses. Does anyone have room in their car for two lonely soles???? :tears: :sad:
Wanting to leave on Friday am so not to miss the forum gathering on Friday night!!!! :hug: :clap:

DianaS
13th-September-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey I'm loosing track of this...
any one got the plan in brief...
We should be motoring up on Friday to arrive early afternoon and I haven't got a clue whats going on!!

Gojive
13th-September-2005, 09:51 AM
Blow the cuppa I will be visiting Lory for the booze..... :cheers:

Sod the booze, I'll just visit Lory for the blow.....torch that she's bound to have! :D (if I was going of course :tears: )

Rachel
13th-September-2005, 10:14 AM
Found it after scouring through rail after rail of nasty cheap-looking clothes in Primark. You really can get some decent stuff in there sometimes, if you're willing to look past all the naff stuff!

Oh, and Rachel - you can get slips/ petticoats in Debenhams, and if it's not just a plain slip you're after, you get gorgeous lacey petticoats in all shapes and sizes at www.petticoatdreams.com (I think that's right....)

LM Sorted it - thanks for your help, LM & Danielle. I just happen to have found a little dress tucked away in the back of my wardrobe, which I'd never been able to wear (why on earth didn't I realise that a skin-tight beige-coloured lycra dress was NOT a good idea!!). But it will go perfectly under the lacy top.

All I've got to do now is the sewing ....
R.xx

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 10:22 AM
R.xx

And thats the easy bit :whistle:

jivecat
13th-September-2005, 10:35 AM
......... (why on earth didn't I realise that a skin-tight beige-coloured lycra dress was NOT a good idea!!). But it will go perfectly under the lacy top.

R.xx

I'd have thought you could get away with wearing it more than most! :flower:

I'm frittering away time on the forum instead of getting on with the pre-Southport sewing jobs.

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 10:50 AM
getting on with the pre-Southport sewing jobs.

is that not what thursday night is for :confused: or is it just me that decides at the last minute that they really need that top that needs mended for this weekend :blush:

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 10:54 AM
is that not what thursday night is for :confused: or is it just me that decides at the last minute that they really need that top that needs mended for this weekend :blush:Not just you - though with me its I really need that top that needs washed/ironed. So am going to wash and iron everything black tonight/tomorrow night just in case! :rofl:

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 11:15 AM
Not just you - though with me its I really need that top that needs washed/ironed. So am going to wash and iron everything black tonight/tomorrow night just in case! :rofl:

i did that at the weekend, but some of my clothes must be hiding as i cant find the ones i want! I also think i may have misplaced a top at southport in june as i cant find it and thats the last time i remeber wearing it! :tears:

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 11:23 AM
i did that at the weekend, but some of my clothes must be hiding as i cant find the ones i want! I also think i may have misplaced a top at southport in june as i cant find it and thats the last time i remeber wearing it! :tears: I did a 'search and put in wash' mission last night - and filled a charity shop bag at the same time. I hate it when you find something at the last minute in the bottom of a drawer all crumpled up :tears:

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 11:26 AM
I hate it when you find something at the last minute in the bottom of a drawer all crumpled up :tears:

Thats when you treat yourself to a new top... or three!!! :clap:

Purple Sparkler
13th-September-2005, 12:30 PM
Yet another car question:

Has anyone got room for my friend Eoin in their car going up from London (or anywhere close)? He was driving up with his other half, but she's going yachting instead and he's stuck, bless him.

Please someone get him up there- I need him so I can do the Safe Airsteps class (it's fixed partners).

I promise you he's well behaved and house trained.

PM me a.s.a.p if you can help, or know someone who can!

jivecat
13th-September-2005, 12:37 PM
All this stuff on the radio about panic-buying is winding me up. I'm off out to buy the exact amount of petrol I need to get to Southport & back, and not a centilitre more, and a bicycle pump. Wish me luck.

angelique
13th-September-2005, 02:17 PM

NOT a truck Lucia , just my trusty Saab....the footspa is just waiting to pop into my bag as we speak! The fairy lights are already there :wink:
Oh, and so as not to be accused of being off -track, am gonna tell you all now so as no sniggers, glares or laughter ensues....

I have bought a lovely twirly SKIRT to wear on Saturday so support from you all will be appreciated! :flower:
PLEASE be kind to me...am a sensitive little soul you know :rofl: :what:

Northants Girly
13th-September-2005, 02:27 PM
am gonna tell you all now so as no sniggers, glares or laughter ensues....

I have bought a lovely twirly SKIRT to wear on Saturday :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 02:53 PM
Tickets arrived! :clap: (They were posted last week along with everyone elses, just took a while to get here.)

Gill (Norwich)
13th-September-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, petrol tank is full, LPG tank is full - well at least I will get there. I'll worry about getting back later :sick:

Lory
13th-September-2005, 03:03 PM
the footspa is just waiting to pop into my bag as we speak!
A footspa you can simply pop into your bag :really:

When I bought it for your birthday, it NEVER occured to me that you might bring it to Southport :innocent: :whistle:

Still, now you've said, I won't need to bring my big cumbersome one! :cheers: :D

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 03:25 PM
Tickets arrived! :clap: (They were posted last week along with everyone elses, just took a while to get here.)

Thats peculiar because i sent a card and dvd to my mum last night and she got it this morning! (really quick i thought!) :flower:

angelique
13th-September-2005, 03:54 PM
When I bought it for your birthday, it NEVER occured to me that you might bring it to Southport :innocent: :whistle: :D
Liar, Liar
Pants on fire! :na:

angelique
13th-September-2005, 03:56 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:tears: :sad: :tears: :sad:

Gill (Norwich)
13th-September-2005, 04:09 PM
Liar, Liar
Pants on fire! :na:
You are not trying to suggest that sweet, kind Lory might have alterer motives are you :rofl:

angelique
13th-September-2005, 04:36 PM
NEVER!! :eek:

Dizzy
13th-September-2005, 04:38 PM
I got my tickets today!!!

Ok, I have been on holiday for a week and arrived back last night. I got worried this morning I could not find them in my post :tears:

Luckily they were there :clap:

Purple Sparkler
13th-September-2005, 06:14 PM
I found the brochure in the post last night, and spent way too long poring over it.

I hope there is a sofa at the Ceroc Scotland Forum reception for myself, LMC, Little Monkey, Drathzel et al...

Little Monkey
13th-September-2005, 06:24 PM
I found the brochure in the post last night, and spent way too long poring over it.

I hope there is a sofa at the Ceroc Scotland Forum reception for myself, LMC, Little Monkey, Drathzel et al...

.....With a big banner over it saying 'Singletons sofa - all singles welcome, please bring chocolate, alcohol, ice-cream and cookies'??? :rofl:

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 06:25 PM

If not, i am sure the one in my chalet will be free to all singletons.... ohohohohohohohoh we could have a singleton sofa reception..... whose bringing the biscuits... oh wait, that will be me! :clap:

Little Monkey
13th-September-2005, 06:28 PM
If not, i am sure the one in my chalet will be free to all singletons.... ohohohohohohohoh we could have a singleton sofa reception..... whose bringing the biscuits... oh wait, that will be me! :clap:

I'll make the waffles, then! If there's room in the car for waffle maker etc....

drathzel
13th-September-2005, 06:29 PM
So - any cuddles and ice-cream available? I feel like I need it, after a day of migraines, meeting the vampire bulldog-nurse from hell, and zilch sympathy for my blood-giving epic from my fellow forumites... :tears:

*Retreats to R-K's recliner to feel sorry for herself, gently stroking her sore arm and snivelling in a rather pathetic manner*

Wrong room honey! cuddles await next door! :hug:

Gill (Norwich)
13th-September-2005, 06:34 PM
Lynn (Dilly) and I will be bringing Cadburys Chocolate Buttons :clap:

LMC
13th-September-2005, 09:23 PM

S** that, I'm gonna be DANCING :D

(but thanks for the invitation :hug: )

Lynn
13th-September-2005, 11:20 PM
...some of my clothes must be hiding as i cant find the ones i want! :yeah: I can't find a black strappy top that I really want to bring :tears: And I know I was wearing it last week - but its doing a very good job of hiding from me.

Angelina
14th-September-2005, 12:00 AM
I know its a long shot but we are hoping to drive to southport for the saturday eve and was wondering if there was room anywhere for us - that is me, tony and paul (from oz - he's a little bit annoying but something tells me he might be a bit on the quiet side this visit 'ashless!')

We are only travelling from Manchester, but it would save the continual coin flipping to see who will be the designated driver!

have inflatable mattress will travel!

under par
14th-September-2005, 08:42 AM
in 2 yes 2 days we will be in Southport yeaaah :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Are you there David James? :rofl: :rofl:

senorita
14th-September-2005, 08:48 AM
in 2 yes 2 days we will be in Southport yeaaah :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Are you there David James? :rofl: :rofl:

DJ & UP pleeeeeeeeeease stop rubbing it in for us unworthys that are not going...BBoooooooooohoooooooooooo ;-((
have a few dances for me please!
have a great time everybody. drive careful & takecare.
I want all updates, juicy gossips asap
xx

Cornish Pixie
14th-September-2005, 08:59 AM
What is the forum reception?I will be there without doubt but just intrigued as to how it goes about?Is it just a gathering,or is there a fun class or something?look forward to seeing you all there!

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:08 AM
What is the forum reception?I will be there without doubt but just intrigued as to how it goes about?Is it just a gathering,or is there a fun class or something?look forward to seeing you all there!

No class involved in the gathering, the DJ(not our David James but the disc jockey!! :confused: :confused: )plays loads of cool music for everyone to dance to.

forumites and some non forumites meet to chat and dance , :cheers: :flower:

some wear badges previoiusly provided by the lovely Bardsey. :hug:

You get to meet many previously unknown forumites face to face and ...you struggle to remember both names of all the new forumites :whistle:

You have a great time :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :hug: :yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers:

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:17 AM
I have just been considering my 70s theme costume and wondered if anyone can recall the name of the lovely dancer who put my face paint on at the BBQ last Southport in June. :worthy: :worthy:

If you know who she is do you know if she is attending this time? :wink:

Is she bringing her paints again? :whistle:

Can I book her for Saturday afternoon? Pleeeease :flower: :clap: :clap:

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 09:19 AM
I might not be able to fit my fancy dress in my bag :tears: and i bought part of it specially!

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:24 AM
I might not be able to fit my fancy dress in my bag :tears: and i bought part of it specially!

Come on don't chicken out of the theme night :sick: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Try taking only half of it...........................................decid e whether it is to be the top half or bottom half or alternatively the left or right half :drool:

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 09:29 AM
Come on don't chicken out of the theme night :sick: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Try taking only half of it...........................................decid e whether it is to be the top half or bottom half or alternatively the left or right half :drool:

well its a dress so that would be hard! that bulky things are my cardigan and my boots, but the costume wouldnt look right without them! :tears: Ok i could bring it and go naked the rest of the weekend :clap:

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:32 AM
: Ok i could bring it and go naked the rest of the weekend :clap:

I don't see any problem there then!

Looking forward to the themed night now.... :hug:

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't see any problem there then!

Looking forward to the themed night now.... :hug:
:rofl: is that cuz i'll finally put some clothes on? :rofl:

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:41 AM
:rofl: is that cuz i'll finally put some clothes on? :rofl:

Will I recognise you with them on? :whistle:

I was trying not to insinuate how interesting your nakedness would be for the rest of the weekend !!! :confused: :confused: I think :confused:

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 09:44 AM
Will I recognise you with them on? :whistle:

Would i???? :devil:

under par
14th-September-2005, 09:46 AM
Would i???? :devil:

Please do not call me wood eye..............plastic nose!!

Northants Girly
14th-September-2005, 09:53 AM
Does anyone happen to have the phone number for Jive Addiction to hand?

I'm looking for it on their website but the site seems to be down and I need to phone them.

DavidY
14th-September-2005, 09:56 AM
Does anyone happen to have the phone number for Jive Addiction to hand?

I'm looking for it on their website but the site seems to be down and I need to phone them.

Little Monkey
14th-September-2005, 10:33 AM
WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wO-hOOO! wO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! wOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can't believe it's only 2 days to go!!!!!!!!! You scared yet, ickle Mr. UP??? :whistle:

LM :D

Gill (Norwich)
14th-September-2005, 10:35 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Getting excited
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
14th-September-2005, 10:37 AM
WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wO-hOOO! wO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! wOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:cheers: :drool: :yeah:

Can't believe it's only 2 days to go!!!!!!!!! You scared yet, ickle Mr. UP??? :whistle:

No!!.............................. well maybe a little ickle bit

Dizzy
14th-September-2005, 10:46 AM

You scared yet, ickle Mr. UP??? :whistle:

I have to say, I am!!
This is my first weekender - how am I going to live up to such expectations!! :blush:

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 10:49 AM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D :D :D

David Bailey
14th-September-2005, 10:52 AM
This is my first weekender - how am I going to live up to such expectations!! :blush:
Put it in context.

It's 2 / 3 nights of dancing, and some classes, and a chance to meet friends / make new ones.

Font- and icon- abuse asides, if you expect to have a nice time, you probably will. If you expect it to be the Best Time Of Your Life, you may be hyping it up a little...

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 10:55 AM
If you expect it to be the Best Time Of Your Life, you may be hyping it up a little...

i did in june and i did!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

under par
14th-September-2005, 11:41 AM
Starting to think about what I need to take to to Southport.
List so far:
4 prs dance shoes
deodorant
lots of clothes
Cadburys Chocolate Buttons
Wine
Corkscrew
Clean knickers
Pro Plus

anything else I will need?

Gill re reading this and wondered why you needed to qualify knickers with clean........surely you wouldn't take any other kind !!! WOULD YOU???

Lynn
14th-September-2005, 12:04 PM
Put it in context.

It's 2 / 3 nights of dancing, and some classes, and a chance to meet friends / make new ones.

Font- and icon- abuse asides, if you expect to have a nice time, you probably will. If you expect it to be the Best Time Of Your Life, you may be hyping it up a little... Putting it in my context, not having any regular MJ night to go to, I thought that was why I always had such a fab time. It might not be as exciting for people who have a great range of late night freestyles on their door step. I wasn't sure what to expect for the first one, by the second one I was worried it had just been the novelty and I shouldn't raise my expectations too high - by the third I knew I could get really excited and look forward to it and wouldn't be disappointed. For me, Southport delivers. Jive Addiction listen to the dancers and are always trying to improve the experience.

And a key thing is that it really is 3 nights of dancing - all night!

stewart38
14th-September-2005, 12:10 PM
Putting it in my context, not having any regular MJ night to go to, I thought that was why I always had such a fab time. It might not be as exciting for people who have a great range of late night freestyles on their door step. I wasn't sure what to expect for the first one, by the second one I was worried it had just been the novelty and I shouldn't raise my expectations too high - by the third I knew I could get really excited and look forward to it and wouldn't be disappointed. For me, Southport delivers. Jive Addiction listen to the dancers and are always trying to improve the experience.

And a key thing is that it really is 3 nights of dancing - all night!

Im sure the cabaret this time will be great :yeah:

Gill (Norwich)
14th-September-2005, 12:16 PM
Gill re reading this and wondered why you needed to qualify knickers with clean........surely you wouldn't take any other kind !!! WOULD YOU???
:rofl: Trust you to pick up on that Mr Par.
How do you know that no one wants my worn ones :eek:

Paul F
14th-September-2005, 12:29 PM
Looks like I will be speeding my way up to Southport on Friday.

As there are so many posts in this thread, and the fact that I dont want to miss out on any 'special' forum events :D , can anyone tell me if there is anything happening? Please :innocent:

Also, I realise its a little late, but if anyone needs a lift from the Surrey/London area just let me know.

under par
14th-September-2005, 12:32 PM
Looks like I will be speeding my way up to Southport on Friday.

As there are so many posts in this thread, and the fact that I dont want to miss out on any 'special' forum events :D , can anyone tell me if there is anything happening? Please :innocent:

Also, I realise its a little late, but if anyone needs a lift from the Surrey/London area just let me know.
Friday evening is the forum gathering in the blues room then on Saturday there is theme of 70s for evening

Oh!! and some dancing too I think! :cheers:

Paul F
14th-September-2005, 12:41 PM
Friday evening is the forum gathering in the blues room then on Saturday there is theme of 70s for evening

Oh!! and some dancing too I think! :cheers:

Thanks UP :cheers:

Think i might give that dancing thing a try :D

What time is the forum gathering on the Friday? Just hope I can make it there in time!

Yogi_Bear
14th-September-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks UP :cheers:

Think i might give that dancing thing a try :D

What time is the forum gathering on the Friday? Just hope I can make it there in time!
9 till 10 in the evening

Paul F
14th-September-2005, 12:49 PM
9 till 10 in the evening

Oooo, thats going to be close but hope to see you all there b4 10 :flower: :hug:

Lynn
14th-September-2005, 12:59 PM
Hoping to meet even more forumites this time. I suspect there may be some I have met and even danced with that I either don't know their forum id, or I have forgotten their real name etc. :blush:

Danielle
14th-September-2005, 01:00 PM
not long to go now :clap:
due to previous commitments i won't be arriving till about 4am on the saturday morning, so will be missing the forum gathering, and without MinnieM being there I'm worried i won't know who anyone is :sad:
I hope to see most of you still on the dance floor at that time so please come and say hi!!!!! :hug:

jivecat
14th-September-2005, 01:02 PM
For me, Southport delivers. Jive Addiction listen to the dancers and are always trying to improve the experience.

:yeah: Another plus point for Southport v. Camber.

Lynn
14th-September-2005, 01:03 PM
due to previous commitments i won't be arriving till about 4am on the saturday morning, so will be missing the forum gathering, and without MinnieM being there I'm worried i won't know who anyone is :sad:
I hope to see most of you still on the dance floor at that time so please come and say hi!!!!! :hug: I know - MinnieM is so fab at introductions.

And it says it all really - you are arriving at 4am - and heading not to bed but to the dance floor!

jivecat
14th-September-2005, 01:08 PM
Font- and icon- abuse asides, if you expect to have a nice time, you probably will. If you expect it to be the Best Time Of Your Life, you may be hyping it up a little...

The greater the expectation, the higher the potential for disappointment. So I have to do this kidology thing. Oh, Southport, tedious....all that packing.....the M6 on a Friday night.......too many late nights.......I'm definitely going to bed at 2 am this time..........my feet will hurt.........I never learn anything at those workshops.........if I get fed-up I'm going shopping........negativity....etc

AS IF!

Danielle
14th-September-2005, 01:12 PM
I know - MinnieM is so fab at introductions.

And it says it all really - you are arriving at 4am - and heading not to bed but to the dance floor!

well bed would be boring!!!! and friday night is generally a good one!!!! after all I will need to stretch out my tried muscles after the long drive!!!! :wink:

Gill (Norwich)
14th-September-2005, 01:18 PM
The greater the expectation, the higher the potential for disappointment. So I have to do this kidology thing. Oh, Southport, tedious....all that packing.....the M6 on a Friday night.......too many late nights.......I'm definitely going to bed at 2 am this time..........my feet will hurt.........I never learn anything at those workshops.........if I get fed-up I'm going shopping........negativity....etc

AS IF!
Me thinks your nose is growing ;) Do we call you Pinochio?

Dance Demon
14th-September-2005, 05:21 PM

I'll be the one behind the decks in the blues room Danielle.......so come and say hi :flower:

DianaS
14th-September-2005, 05:50 PM
You might want to mention it to Jive Addition. They said that I might need to share a double rather than have a single one all to myself. So presumably single chalets are more of a commodity than doubles :D.

Hi All
It's not that easy. We can't just swap..cas of a loads of stuff including legal requirements for Jive addition to know who is in each apartment. They also need to be able to contact people if an emergency arises. My dad had a heart op last week and if they need to trace me I need to be where allocated.
sorry but will be staying put :D
Diana

David Bailey
14th-September-2005, 05:56 PM
We can't just swap..cas of a loads of stuff including legal requirements for Jive addition to know who is in each apartment.
What - all the time? :eek: :whistle: :innocent:

DianaS
14th-September-2005, 05:59 PM
What - all the time? :eek: :whistle: :innocent:
Well you can visit... :devil:

David Bailey
14th-September-2005, 06:09 PM
Well you can visit... :devil:
Thanks, that's good to know.

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks, that's good to know.

what she didnt tell you is that you may need to queue! :devil: and/or pay a fee :D

Cruella
14th-September-2005, 06:11 PM
I hope to see most of you still on the dance floor at that time so please come and say hi!!!!! :hug:
I'll still be on the dancefloor then and you know me, so you won't be alone.

Katie
14th-September-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone driving back to London (Chelsea/Battersea area) on Sunday, who would be willing to give me a lift?

Any help would be much appreciated!

drathzel
14th-September-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll still be on the dancefloor then and you know me, so you won't be alone.

Me too! :clap:

Lynn
14th-September-2005, 07:49 PM
Me too! :clap:I'm getting lots of early nights this week, so I can have lots of early mornings this weekend!

DianaS
14th-September-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm getting lots of early nights this week, so I can have lots of early mornings this weekend!

Me too - But I can't sleep cas I'm too excited :)

Auntie Barb
14th-September-2005, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know who I should contact to let them know that I shall attend the gathering on Friday evening please? :)

Clive Long
14th-September-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring! Don't panic!

Fancy dress !

What? When? Where?

CRL