PDA

View Full Version : Jive in the Reading area

Nick M
13th-June-2005, 04:07 PM
I am going to be in the SW Reading area on thursday night this week, then next week will be in Pangbourne Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights

Any good dancing recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Trousers
13th-June-2005, 04:19 PM
I am going to be in the SW Reading area on thursday night this week, then next week will be in Pangbourne Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights

Thanks in advance

Nick

Fleet - Top venue or used to be - 1st Thurs of month they used to have a Nigel n Nina masterclass (dunno if that still stands but top night) - It's the Hannington Centre.

They also used to do LindyHop upstairs.

Doc Iain
13th-June-2005, 04:58 PM
Fleet on a thursday is great.
Windsor on a wednesday (my first time there a few weeks ago)... not too bad, large venue.
Monday in south reading itself (i demo most weeks!) is coming along nicely! A few good dancers starting to come!

spindr
13th-June-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks in advance

Nick

Closest options to Pangbourne: Ginger Jive at Thatcham/Newbury/Newbury on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday (although slight beginners bias on Thursday). Or possibly Ceroc Thames Valley (Reading/Twyford), or Ceroc Windsor.

CerocPlus on Thursday at Fleet is pretty reasonable -- yes there is Lindy, no there is no Nigel and Nina, but occasionally Mick Wenger.

Hipsters is also a "short" jaunt along the M4 on the Tuesday.

Other dance styles are available in the area, incl. Salsa, Tango and Lindy Hop.

SpinDr.

Dan Hudson
13th-June-2005, 08:07 PM
check out www.ceroctv.co.uk

Two great venues in the reading area! :clap: :clap:

Dan :cheers:

Minnie M
13th-June-2005, 08:12 PM
Hipsters is also a "short" jaunt along the M4 on the Tuesday.

But closed this Tues`(!4th June) :sad:

Bex
14th-June-2005, 10:06 AM

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hi Nick,

If you are able to venture to South Reading Youth and Community Centre next week we'll be there on Wednesday 22nd instead of the Monday night, due to a prior booking in the hall!!

Wherever you end up, hope you have fab time.

Bex

Nick M
24th-June-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I ended up in Thatcham (Mon - very friendly), Abingdon (Tues - excellent moves) and Newbury (Wed - superb venue and a great night but very hot!!)