PDA

View Full Version : Silver Package / BFG Subscription expiry

Will
10th-June-2005, 03:54 PM
I've just received an email that my BFG Subscription is about to expire. I have some questions....

1) Is the "Big Forum Gathering Package" the same as the Silver Package?

2) Is this subscription thing still running or is it all coming to an end along with the "Commercial Operators" package?

Thanks in advance,

Will

Gadget
10th-June-2005, 04:21 PM
I think it may reffer to a particular thread: you can "subscribe" to a thread and get notification of when new posts are put onto it - I think that this may be what's due to expire.

(but I may be wrong :rolleyes: )

Lou
10th-June-2005, 06:05 PM
I've just received an email that my BFG Subscription is about to expire. I have some questions....

1) Is the "Big Forum Gathering Package" the same as the Silver Package?

2) Is this subscription thing still running or is it all coming to an end along with the "Commercial Operators" package?

Thanks in advance,

Will
Hi Will,

I got the same e-mail. However, unlike you, I didn't notice that the e-mail actually said BFG subscription! When I went to my paid subscriptions page (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscriptions.php? ), I noticed that my silver membership was about to run out. However, the only available subscription was the silver membership one - so I renewed that.

I agree. It's very confusing. What I'd suggest is to have a look & see when your annual subscription expires & act accordingly. :)

DavidY
30th-July-2005, 01:43 PM
Oops - just let my "Silver" membership expire. :blush:

I'll get round to renewing soon, honest I will..

Meanwhile, I discovered there is a "gotcha" to letting your membership expire. Under Silver you're allowed to store 2,000 PMs in your mailbox, but in ordinary membership you're only allowed 400. If whilst being Silver you accumulate more than 400, if you let it expire I believe this blocks messages until you clear up your mailbox.

So I've spent an interesting couple of hours this morning deleting messages (I discovered you can export them first too).

Zebra Woman
31st-July-2005, 10:58 AM
Oops - just let my "Silver" membership expire. :blush:

I'll get round to renewing soon, honest I will..

Meanwhile, I discovered there is a "gotcha" to letting your membership expire. Under Silver you're allowed to store 2,000 PMs in your mailbox, but in ordinary membership you're only allowed 400. If whilst being Silver you accumulate more than 400, if you let it expire I believe this blocks messages until you clear up your mailbox.

So I've spent an interesting couple of hours this morning deleting messages (I discovered you can export them first too).

That is a Top Tip David :cheers:

My Silver Expired on the 28th but I renewed seamlessly before it ran out. Glad I did.

There was a worrying message as I authorised the Paypal payment though. :confused: Something about the information being communciated on an unencrypted line and 3rd parties would be able read it :really: . It was so worrying I hesitated and then I thought - Pah!

Has anyone else had that message?

Lynn
31st-July-2005, 12:37 PM
That is a Top Tip David :cheers:

My Silver Expired on the 28th but I renewed seamlessly before it ran out. Glad I did.

There was a worrying message as I authorised the Paypal payment though. :confused: Something about the information being communciated on an unencrypted line and 3rd parties would be able read it :really: . It was so worrying I hesitated and then I thought - Pah!

Has anyone else had that message? Not sure when mine is running out, but I did try to renew it but it asked me to add another credit card. I thought it was maybe because my expiry date was due and I had a new card, tried to put that in but it said it already had those details and it wanted another card? :confused:

So hopefully Franck will let me send a cheque instead!