PDA

View Full Version : Hot or Cold?

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 01:34 PM
My partner and I are in dispute about which cereal you should have hot milk on and which cold.

I have cold milk on cornflakes and the like but hot milk on weetabix. He thinks I am totally weird (so what? so do a lot of folk!) but HE has HOT milk on cornflakes and COLD milk on weetabix! Now I ask you, who is the strange one here and what's your preference?:confused:

Dizzy
9th-June-2005, 01:41 PM
My partner and I are in dispute about which cereal you should have hot milk on and which cold.

I have cold milk on cornflakes and the like but hot milk on weetabix. He thinks I am totally weird (so what? so do a lot of folk!) but HE has HOT milk on cornflakes and COLD milk on weetabix! Now I ask you, who is the strange one here and what's your preference?:confused:

I'm afraid that I have to agree with your partner on this one as I can't stand hot milk on Weetabix.

Saying that, I can be even weirder and put a cold bowl of cornflakes or Rice Krispies into the microwave to heat it all up and let the air out of the krispies. They can be really nice hot, really!! :whistle:

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm afraid that I have to agree with your partner on this one as I can't stand hot milk on Weetabix.

Saying that, I can be even weirder and put a cold bowl of cornflakes or Rice Krispies into the microwave to heat it all up and let the air out of the krispies. They can be really nice hot, really!! :whistle:

Blimey! I bet you put minstrels and smarties in the microwave too, to melt the insides, cos he does that. I'll have to introduce you two..... a match made in heaven if ever I heard one :rofl:

Petal
9th-June-2005, 01:50 PM
I have cold milk on cornflakes and the like but hot milk on weetabix.

I'm with you, and add sliced banana to the cornflakes, :yum: Cold milk on weetabix sounds disgusting.

Purple Sparkler
9th-June-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm with you, and add sliced banana to the cornflakes, :yum: Cold milk on weetabix sounds disgusting.

Hot milk on weetabix is the only good and true method.

But strawberries or raspberries on my cornflakes please! :drool:

And is it weird to have plain yoghurt (or, if I'm feeling a bit frisky, creme fraiche) with Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes? It's so that they don't lose their crispiness, and also because they make the milk taste horrible (it's not supposed to be sweet, I don't care what anyone says).

Dreadful Scathe
9th-June-2005, 03:49 PM
hot milk ? eh? are you all mad? Ive never heard of anyone put hot milk on breakfast cereal at all until now!

...well apart from ready brek.

freaks the lot of you :)

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 03:55 PM
freaks the lot of you :)

......and that coming from a little blue creature who walks round in a white hat and no trousers! I rest my case! :rofl:

Whitebeard
9th-June-2005, 11:04 PM
..... a little blue creature ....
Think you'll find that's a critter !!

Whitebeard
9th-June-2005, 11:13 PM
Cornflakes. Weetabix. Cold milk and sugar. Summer fare.

Shreddies. Shreaded Wheat. Hot milk and sugar. Winter fare.

Porridge oats. Hot water and salt. Year round Scotty fare ??

Barry Shnikov
9th-June-2005, 11:54 PM
When I was a kid, my mum used to make our Dad's favourite breakfast for me and my sister.

Take three shredded wheat (notwithstanding the adverts) and pour boiling water on them. After a minute or so, strain the water off. Put a small knob of butter on each blob of soggy wheat, sprinkle sugar all over the top, and serve.

Then I would mash shredded wheat, butter and sugar all together and eat.

Fattening, politically incorrect, blah blah but it still has tremendous appeal for me. I don't eat it anymore, because I'm scared I'd never stop!

Gojive
10th-June-2005, 12:09 AM
Oooh, I could murder a bowl of cornflakes right now!.....I'm a cereal killer :eek: :devil: :na:

(Well someone had to say it, didn't they? :wink: )

Daisy Chain
10th-June-2005, 12:15 PM
After a digestive upset, the first thing I eat is Weetabix with hot water sprinkled with sugar. Yum.

Daisy

(A Gastro-Intestinal Little FLower)

Bardsey
10th-June-2005, 12:20 PM
After a digestive upset, the first thing I eat is Weetabix with hot water sprinkled with sugar. Yum.

Daisy

(A Gastro-Intestinal Little FLower)

That's exactly what I'm having right this minute. Woke up this morning with migraine and been sick a few times, but I think I've beaten it and just having my weetabix now. Setting off for Southport in 2 hours time, I'm so relieved that its gone. Not pleasant travelling in a car with a migraine, believe me!!!

Stuart
10th-June-2005, 04:42 PM
Cold milk for me on all cereal.

baldrick
10th-June-2005, 07:14 PM
Hot milk in winter

cold milk in summer

where's the problem :confused:

qjohn
13th-June-2005, 10:27 AM
Hot milk in winter

cold milk in summer

er... around here, knowing when it's winter and when it's summer :confused:

Ice cold milk on everything for me

Daisy Chain
13th-June-2005, 01:11 PM
Hot milk in winter

cold milk in summer

I know it's the middle of June, but it was cold enough for hot milk on my WheatyBangs this morning. Brrrrrrrrrr!

Daisy

(A chilly Little FLower)

Piglet
13th-June-2005, 01:13 PM
After a digestive upset...

What did your digestive do to upset you Daisy? And was it a plain one or a chocky one?

I'm kind of with DS - only have hot milk on my Ready Brek or Porridge
but you've got me wondering about the weetabix/hot milk idea - mmmm - might give it a try.

Gadget
13th-June-2005, 01:46 PM
Hot milk on porridge/readybrek? I put cold milk on it, then zap it so it's nice & tostey and the spoon can stand up.

Pink Lady
13th-June-2005, 01:53 PM
As we're on about cereal ...... does anyone remember that one that you put milk on (hot or cold) and you stuck it in the microwave for a minute? I seem to recall it have a really stupid annoying advert but the product was yummy - specially in winter (or all year round if you're having a "summer" day like we are having here today in Aberdeen!! Anyway - back to the cereal - it was kind of like museli but went all nice and mushy when hot but didn't disintegrate. What was it called and where can I get some now? :drool:

qjohn
13th-June-2005, 02:51 PM
but you've got me wondering about the weetabix/hot milk idea - mmmm - might give it a try.
:eek: It's a soggy mess waiting to happen. How anyone can sacrifice the combination of that firm crisp wheat and cool fresh milk is beyond me :wink:

Pammy
13th-June-2005, 04:56 PM
Hot Milk only on Porridge.

Cold Milk on anything else.

No Sugar on any cereal.

As for hot milk on cornflakes??? Des needs his head examining (and I volunteer to be the examiner! :wink: )

PS I hear Andy McGregor has cold tea or vinegar on his cereal :grin: