PDA

View Full Version : Moves for the Atheist (and why)

Stuart M
8th-June-2005, 10:50 AM
The octopus. No-one has to actually lead it, it imposes no roles on anyone, and the name is not potentially offensive to other faiths (unlike, say, the crucifix or hallelujah)

:)

drathzel
8th-June-2005, 11:37 AM
The octopus. No-one has to actually lead it, it imposes no roles on anyone, and the name is not potentially offensive to other faiths (unlike, say, the crucifix or hallelujah)

:)

Depends on who you are dancing the move with :whistle:

David Bailey
8th-June-2005, 11:57 AM
the name is not potentially offensive to other faiths
Well, as a fully paid-up member of the Cult of Cthulu, I find the name extremely offensive :mad:

May the Great Old Ones visit an excruciating death on the blasphemer who named it, that's all I can say.

drathzel
8th-June-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, as a fully paid-up member of the Cult of Cthulu, I find the name extremely offensive :mad:

May the Great Old Ones visit an excruciating death on the blasphemer who named it, that's all I can say.

There is always one :rofl:

David Franklin
8th-June-2005, 12:10 PM

May the Great Old Ones visit an excruciating death on the blasphemer who named it, that's all I can say.Er, I think you'll find that's Cthulhu. As in:
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
(And you're not the only one who thought of it, whatever Drathzel might say!)

Lynn
8th-June-2005, 12:17 PM
The octopus. No-one has to actually lead it, it imposes no roles on anyone, and the name is not potentially offensive to other faithsUnless you are wandering round an old and strange forest and find an interesting old temple... where you can't say the word eigh....

Stuart M
8th-June-2005, 12:20 PM
Unless you are wandering round an old and strange forest and find an interesting old temple... where you can't say the word eigh....
Is that the first Terry Pratchett reference on the Forum? I'd forgotten all about octarine...

David Bailey
8th-June-2005, 03:33 PM
Is that the first Terry Pratchett reference on the Forum? I'd forgotten all about octarine...
God, no - the first one was probably years ago... But of course PTerry nicked that one wholesale from the Master.

OK, I knew as soon as I'd posted it there was an extra "h", I couldn't be bothered to change it, I'll probably get eaten alive now. What the hell, I'll live :)

Interesting Factoid: I used to have "What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?" as my sig. But then I realised I was sad. So I changed.

Dreadful Scathe
8th-June-2005, 04:44 PM
God, no - the first one was probably years ago... But of course PTerry nicked that one wholesale from the Master.

OK, I knew as soon as I'd posted it there was an extra "h", I couldn't be bothered to change it, I'll probably get eaten alive now. What the hell, I'll live :)

Interesting Factoid: I used to have "What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?" as my sig. But then I realised I was sad. So I changed.
Sad or not, its bloody funny :)

And better then your only faintly amusing sig at the moment. My sig at the moment demonstrates how quotes can be selectively picked for the purposes of propaganda. Its what appears to be a pro religious statement from Karl Marx - its the bit thats usually left out of his "Religion is the opium of the masses" quote. Its fun to take things out of context to further your own agenda ;). I should be a tabloid journalist :).
Quoting famous people also makes you sound clever and fools everyone :)

David Bailey
8th-June-2005, 06:54 PM
Quoting famous people also makes you sound clever and fools everyone :)