PDA

View Full Version : Strictly African Dancing

Stuart
3rd-June-2005, 11:34 PM
In case anyone fancies something different.

Strictly African Dancing (http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/african_dancing.shtml)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-June-2005, 02:43 PM
Sounds good, however it's a little far for me to travel :whistle:
Will watch when it is on tv :D
Thanks for info!

Ashx

Lynn
4th-June-2005, 03:45 PM
Interesting! I was at an African dance performance in Belfast a few years ago and it was a great show. But I've also seen African dancing in Ghana in a remote village setting (at a party hosted by the local chief that we were invited to) and understand that dances and drumming have important socio-religious significance. I'll make sure I watch that when it is on.

Magic Hans
5th-June-2005, 07:12 PM
African dancing is what started me off!!!

I did a week of 2 hour workshops, where I discovered a couple of really strange things ..... called hips!!! And these ... errrr .... hips, were surprisingly mobile and flexible and not, in fact, fused to my back and thighs!!!!

It was revelation for me!!! [.... or is that revolution!]

... that was in 1994! :whistle:

Dancing Teeth
6th-June-2005, 01:14 PM
In case anyone fancies something different.

Strictly African Dancing (http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows/african_dancing.shtml)

Right Up my Street.. :grin:

Would has really really loved to have taken part in this one. The Article says only known stars in the media will be taking part. :tears:

I really miss african Dancing, the Drums, the Marimba, the Air, the women singing.

aarrrrhhhhh, I so wish..... oh well, we can all dream.

ModernJive anyone.. :whistle:

Donna
6th-June-2005, 01:34 PM
Right Up my Street.. :grin:

Would has really really loved to have taken part in this one. The Article says only known stars in the media will be taking part. :tears:

I really miss african Dancing, the Drums, the Marimba, the Air, the women singing.

aarrrrhhhhh, I so wish..... oh well, we can all dream.

ModernJive anyone.. :whistle:Ah you see, when you're living in London, almost everything is right up up your street.

Well done on getting that far in strictly dance fever, you done really well. Me and steve only got through one audition but even spending a whole day with the choreographers taught me a hell of a lot and has made me want to try other styles....especially salsa....you'd know all about that wouldn't you?? Are you going to western supermare next month???