PDA

View Full Version : Do You Dance With Smelly People?

Donna
3rd-June-2005, 01:31 PM
Has anyone danced with someone with the worse case of BO EVER!!! I have!!

Just as i finished dancing with one person and was on my way off the dance floor. i was immediately offered by another guy and we just went straight into it so fast I didn't notice the stench at first.

Man he stunk so bad I thought I was going to chuck up! :drool: How many of you have been in this situation... and would you be to afraid to say something and pray that it's a short track (like me) or would you walk away?....or better still, WOULD YOU DARE TO TELL HIM (OR HER) TO GET A WASH!!! :rofl:

under par
3rd-June-2005, 01:51 PM
only ONCE!!! :mad:

Minnie M
3rd-June-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi Donna

We have had this discussion quite a few times on the forum unfortunately

UnderPar is right - if it bothers you that much, don't dance with him again

Mind you, I have noticed that even a couple of the really good dancers suffer ocassionally, either, BO, bad breath or just smelly clothes - personally if they are not close, I can't tell them, however, I love dancing with these guys - so............. my answer is to tell someone who knows the offender better in the hope they will tell the offending smelly person of the problem.

BTW I have actually told a good friend about an offending odour when the info had been passed on to me. I had a dance with him and then had a quiet word in his ear, he was quite thankful and not at all offended.

Also, it is not only guys that have offending odours :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-June-2005, 04:02 PM
I had a shirt once (now disposed of) that despite being put on a long boil wash still grew a distinct and unpleasant odour after about an hour of dancing. I presume that this was because of bacterial action breaking down perspiration products, but that the bacteria were somehow lodged in the fabric fibres, and that they were hardy enough to survive a hot wash cycle.

I think it's better to say something, even to a total stranger; there are straightforward and inoffensive ways to say it.

Alternatively, you could ask the venue manager to mention it. Personally would much rather know straight away then it can be sorted.

Lindsay
4th-June-2005, 12:34 PM
Man he stunk so bad I thought I was going to chuck up!
:rofl:

When there's a faint 'eau de poisson' it's a different ball game.