PDA

View Full Version : G8 Protest

Dance Demon
1st-June-2005, 10:39 PM
has Bob Geldof lost the plot?.......Why is he urging one million protesters to converge on Edinburgh........when the G8 summit is about 50 miles away in Gleneagles.......am I missing something?.. :confused:

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 10:52 PM
has Bob Geldof lost the plot?.......Why is he urging one million protesters to converge on Edinburgh........when the G8 summit is about 50 miles away in Gleneagles.......am I missing something?.. :confused:
Maybe he wanted advance tickets for the BFG? OK, I know, that's Glasgow, but Sir Bob could easily be confused...

Seriously, it does seem a little weird - but I can't believe they'll get 1M people; it's just a publicity stunt, that number's pulled out of the air to give a big round figure for the press to use.

Minnie M
1st-June-2005, 11:10 PM
Maybe he wanted advance tickets for the BFG? OK, I know, that's Glasgow, but Sir Bob could easily be confused....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks David, needed that laugh :flower: off to bed now really tired tonight

night all :hug:

Stuart
2nd-June-2005, 04:55 PM

I did read something in one of the papers yesterday about how Gleneagles will be surrounded by this "Ring of Steel". Perhaps that's the nearest he could get to it?