PDA

View Full Version : NEW CEROC NIGHT - GLASGOW 2nd June

Chicklet
1st-June-2005, 01:15 PM
Soooo, who's coming to the new night at Rutherglen??

It's walking distance for me so I'll be there....albeit purely for decorative purposes, there will also hopefully be brand new people that I have lined up from my hairdresser and my physio!

The venue is the beautiful town hall in the Main St (easy access on bus and train and lots of parking across the road)

NB...no commercial interest, just want to see my local night a success

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 01:22 PM
I'll be there!!! Who could turn down the chance of a free dance in a place like this? (http://www.black-light.com/rutherglen.htm)

BlueThreeFour
1st-June-2005, 01:29 PM
Soooo, who's coming to the new night at Rutherglen??

Not me I'll be in Lanzarote lying on the beach :clap: :waycool: :kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-June-2005, 01:38 PM
me neither, I'm in a foreign country at the moment too :)

CJ
1st-June-2005, 01:46 PM
Not me I'll be in Lanzarote lying on the beach :clap: :waycool: :kiss:

Lying in Lanzerote?? :eek: I didn't think you were going with Lanzerote!! :wink:

Tiggerbabe
1st-June-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping to make it :hug: :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-June-2005, 06:02 PM
Shall be there to show my support. :flower:
Hope you manage to make it Tiggerbabe, be nice to see you again :grin: :wink:

Dance Demon
1st-June-2005, 06:20 PM
Won't make Thursday coz I'm DJing at Marcos...and same next week.......but will be there the following week ( 16th)....takng up my spot as resident DJ... :clap: :clap: ...looking forward to it. Have heard the venue is Fab........

The Ferret
1st-June-2005, 11:53 PM
Am coming along as a total newbie with four left paws.

drathzel
2nd-June-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm hoping to make it :hug: :D

Woohoo and if thats not an incentive nothing is.....See ya all there!!! :clap:

ducasi
3rd-June-2005, 12:06 AM
That is such a great venue, and there were so many great dancers there!
:clap:
You can read more of my thoughts on the night on my blog. (http://ducasi.org/blog/)

Dave Hancock
3rd-June-2005, 03:34 PM
Aye,

Jennifer and I got there for the freestyle and it's a lovely hall, although I did find the floor a little slow. Thought there was a good mix of tunes and dancers there. Well done Franck, hope it's a success.

But wehre was the Chicklet???

drathzel
3rd-June-2005, 04:09 PM
Aye,

Jennifer and I got there for the freestyle and it's a lovely hall, although I did find the floor a little slow. Thought there was a good mix of tunes and dancers there. Well done Franck, hope it's a success.

Chicklet went home before you arrived!!!!

I found the floor lovely and smooth, so much nicers on the legs and knees!

Chicklet
3rd-June-2005, 04:43 PM
I stayed as long as I could bud, but probably only just missed you both.
Get a bit twitchy more than 100 yards away from the codeine...and twitching hurts :mad: :rofl: so I try not to.

Should be back in July, to watch a while at least, if not to dance just yet.

PS - did we do the whip round for an A to Z for Mharie yet?? :D

Tiggerbabe
3rd-June-2005, 05:13 PM
It's gonna be another fab night for Glasgow - the venue is absolutely amazing.

The hall itself is brill and I loved the floor - especially compared to the stage (which has that non-slip coating on it - great until you try to spin :eek: still it did clean the soles of my shoes, which is a *GOOD* thing).

All of the Town Hall staff were so helpful, and the bar area is sooperb for chillin'................do you think they'd notice if any of the glass tiles went missing? :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks for all the great dances :hug: and thanks Franck for the cool toons! Lots of comments about the fab music.

Speaking of music......DD you're gonna just lurv the place :kiss:

As for Mairi's A-Z :rofl: :rofl:

McJester
4th-June-2005, 01:26 AM
The Bar area was very nice :cheers: ... only problem is there taste in cider.... Blackthorn :( or should I say lack of it. Plus the floor in it is brilliant for dancing on

The venue is very nice, how did they ever let us in there :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-June-2005, 03:39 PM
Jennifer and I got there for the freestyle

Which one were you? :what: Did we dance? I can't remember, I tried to get around everyone so it's a possibility-what do you look like?

Ashx

(A slightly confused forumite)

drathzel
5th-June-2005, 09:53 PM
Which one were you? :what: Did we dance? I can't remember, I tried to get around everyone so it's a possibility-what do you look like?

Ashx

(A slightly confused forumite)

Hi Ash, just so you know, If you had of danced with dave you would have known..... :drool: ! He was the fantastic dancer showing the rest of us up with his equally fab dance partner Jennifer!

The distingushing feature that you may of picked up on if you did dance with him would have been his tendency to close his eyes. :)

ducasi
5th-June-2005, 11:32 PM
He was the fantastic dancer showing the rest of us up with his equally fab dance partner Jennifer! Indeed, he was pretty awesome. Missed the chance to dance with Jennifer on Thursday, but snapped up the opportunity to dance with her last night. :flower:

She's a lovely dancer – it's just a shame I'm no-where near as good as Dave. :tears:

Dance Demon
15th-June-2005, 06:00 PM
Yay.. :clap: :clap: :clap: ...really looking forward to doing my first night DJing at the new Glasgow venue in Rutherglen tommorrow night...anyone going?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-June-2005, 11:58 AM
Yay.. :clap: :clap: :clap: ...really looking forward to doing my first night DJing at the new Glasgow venue in Rutherglen tommorrow night...anyone going?

Should hopefully be able to make it along tonight, so maybe i'll see you there :D

drathzel
16th-June-2005, 02:10 PM

I'm going, but only for a while and only cuz its you! :flower: (as i need to be at airport at 6:00 in the morning :sick: and up at 5:30)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-June-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm going, but only for a while and only cuz its you! :flower: (as i need to be at airport at 6:00 in the morning :sick: and up at 5:30)

Yeah, i'll see you there Chick, there you go-that's comfirmation that i'm definately going now! :D

5.30! :eek: Ouch, I had to get up at 6 once to get to the airport in time, AND I got no sleep because some stupid people at a wedding were fighting outside, Wow, that guys nose slammed into the ground really hard, then there was the bride in her white dress trying to break up the fight-I hope she didn't get blood on her dress :sick:

Ashx

drathzel
16th-June-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah, i'll see you there Chick, there you go-that's comfirmation that i'm definately going now! :D

5.30! :eek: Ouch, I had to get up at 6 once to get to the airport in time, AND I got no sleep because some stupid people at a wedding were fighting outside, Wow, that guys nose slammed into the ground really hard, then there was the bride in her white dress trying to break up the fight-I hope she didn't get blood on her dress :sick:

Ashx

Sounds like it could be the wedding i am going to on friday... :rofl: (hence the early start)

CJ
16th-June-2005, 02:52 PM
...AND I got no sleep because some stupid people at a wedding were fighting outside, Wow, that guys nose slammed into the ground really hard, then there was the bride in her white dress trying to break up the fight-I hope she didn't get blood on her dress :sick:

Ashx

Ahhh, The Glesga Nuptials.... Ye cannae beat 'em, 'n' at. Ya Faunny :wink:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-June-2005, 03:20 PM
Ahhh, The Glesga Nuptials.... Ye cannae beat 'em, 'n' at. Ya Faunny :wink:

Actually it was in Manchester :wink: we could only go direct to Pisa from Manchester, I don't know if that's changed now though...should have just left Glasgow at like 4am and drove down, would have been better and saved us some money so we could buy more souveniers :waycool:

Dance Demon
17th-June-2005, 12:13 AM
Just got back from Rutherglen.............WOW...what a fantastic venue,,..Beautiful hall, with a fantastic floor, and a very posh bar.......all it needs now is MORE PEOPLE...come on all you Glasgow people....this place is well worth a visit....... :waycool:

drathzel
17th-June-2005, 12:18 AM
Just got back from Rutherglen.............WOW...what a fantastic venue,,..Beautiful hall, with a fantastic floor, and a very posh bar.......all it needs now is MORE PEOPLE...come on all you Glasgow people....this place is well worth a visit....... :waycool:

:yeah: Bring a friend too :)

Dance Demon
29th-June-2005, 03:21 PM
So....I was on holiday last week..........was it any busier?......This is a fantastic venue, and deserves to be busy.......Looking forward to a busier night tomorrow :clap:

Dave Hancock
29th-June-2005, 03:23 PM
Didn't go last week, but heading along tomorrow and taking quite a lot of peeps with me so it should be busier, hopefully you'll play some fabby tunes and even accomodate a wee WCS or blues number?????

Dance Demon
29th-June-2005, 06:48 PM
Didn't go last week, but heading along tomorrow and taking quite a lot of peeps with me so it should be busier, hopefully you'll play some fabby tunes and even accomodate a wee WCS or blues number?????

Yay........good on ya Scooby......will do my best to keep everyone happy :cheers:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
30th-June-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll be able to make it along tonight so see you all there! :D :clap:

Ash x

jammy
30th-June-2005, 04:33 PM
So....I was on holiday last week..........was it any busier?......This is a fantastic venue, and deserves to be busy.......Looking forward to a busier night tomorrow :clap:

no it was just the same as the last time you saw it but hear this there was more men than women and there wasnt even 20 i think i cant remember its just a guess.

think we will need 2 premote it abit more.

jammy

drathzel
30th-June-2005, 04:38 PM
no it was just the same as the last time you saw it but hear this there was more men than women and there wasnt even 20 i think i cant remember its just a guess.

think we will need 2 premote it abit more.

jammy

The end of the night had more... about 30 maybe well there were 3 couples in taxi class, 2 taxis and however many were in the intermediate class, plus those that came for the last freestyle.... including Twinkle Toes (was good to see you!!! :hug: )

jammy
30th-June-2005, 11:54 PM
i went to ceroc tonight i had a really good night i was demoin. i also got my brother to come along for his first night he said he would come back im trying my best to get some more people to come to this venue.

the music was gr8! always is with the dance demon. :clap: :worthy:

jammy :waycool:

Dave Hancock
1st-July-2005, 08:59 AM
Also had a good night yesterday, aided as ever by some wonderful tunes by DD. Shame it wasn't a bit busier but there were still plenty of lovely ladies to dance and shall be back soon. :cheers:

drathzel
1st-July-2005, 09:13 AM
Also had a good night yesterday, aided as ever by some wonderful tunes by DD. Shame it wasn't a bit busier but there were still plenty of lovely ladies to dance and shall be back soon. :cheers:

There was 30 in the beginners class which was the best so far. I hear noises that we are going to have a busk! The sooner the better i say! :hug:

Dance Demon
1st-July-2005, 09:36 AM
Yep.......busier night all round. Nice to see Mr Hancock and his posse there. I think this venue has a lot of potential. The floor is fantastic. Pity it's not on next week :sad: .....but get yer butts along there for the next night on July 14th :clap:

drathzel
1st-July-2005, 09:52 AM
Yep.......busier night all round. Nice to see Mr Hancock and his posse there. I think this venue has a lot of potential. The floor is fantastic. Pity it's not on next week :sad: .....but get yer butts along there for the next night on July 14th :clap:

YES SIR

actually i have to be there, i am taxi-ing

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah was an OK night :D Saw some new faces, and I now know who Dave and Johnthehappyguy are :clap: Also met someone called either Laura or Lisa M :confused: who is on the forum, sorry I didn't know who you were, but you certainly seemed to know me! lol, I didn't know i'd made such an impression :D :blush: And to Laura, or Lisa-Start posting on the forum!

Hancock and his posse there.
:yeah: You cetainly brought alot of people with you!

I think this venue has a lot of potential. The floor is fantastic.

:yeah: too, shame I won't be able to make it every week...and Jamie, excuse me jammy :wink: get your brother along to JJ's next week too!

Ash x

Dave Hancock
1st-July-2005, 02:00 PM
I now know who Dave and Johnthehappyguy are :clap:

Did we dance??? If so you never introduced yourself!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-July-2005, 03:02 PM
Did we dance??? If so you never introduced yourself!

No we didn't dance. I was a little scared as you were such a good dancer :worthy: I fear I wouldn't be able to keep up with you :tears: And I will introduce myself next time we are both there, I was feeling a little shy last night, and you had lots of other people with you :blush:

Ash x :flower:

jammy
4th-July-2005, 05:52 PM
:yeah: too, shame I won't be able to make it every week...and Jamie, excuse me jammy :wink: get your brother along to JJ's next week too!

i shall try my best to get him come along as much as i can.

i aslo think the quicker a busk the better and what better reason to come along that DD music me demoin Danielle taxiing and all the regulars what more could you ask for?
jammy

drathzel
4th-July-2005, 05:54 PM
i aslo think the quicker a busk the better and what better reason to come along that DD music me demoin Danielle taxiing and all the regulars what more could you ask for?
jammy

I knew there was a reason i dance with you :blush: :flower: :rofl:

Dance Demon
4th-July-2005, 06:02 PM
Just thought I'd mention that there's no Ceroc on at Rutherglen this Thursday....due to a prior booking at the venue........so all you folks that were going to rush along this week..leave it 'till next week :wink:

drathzel
4th-July-2005, 06:05 PM
Just thought I'd mention that there's no Ceroc on at Rutherglen this Thursday....due to a prior booking at the venue........so all you folks that were going to rush along this week..leave it 'till next week :wink:

We are also closed the 4th August (my birthday :whistle: )

jammy
4th-July-2005, 06:52 PM
I knew there was a reason i dance with you :blush: :flower: :rofl:
whys that then?:)

drathzel
4th-July-2005, 07:23 PM
whys that then?:)

Cuz you think i'm fab.........as a taxi :D

jammy
5th-July-2005, 12:27 AM
Cuz you think i'm fab.........as a taxi :D
you know i think your fab as a taxi :grin: . i think your a fab dancer to thats why i asked you 2 enter the champs with me :waycool: .
jammy :hug:

drathzel
5th-July-2005, 09:26 AM
you know i think your fab as a taxi :grin: . i think your a fab dancer to thats why i asked you 2 enter the champs with me :waycool: .

shush, dont tell everyone for petes sake!!!! :blush:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
5th-July-2005, 09:41 AM
you know i think your fab as a taxi :grin: . i think your a fab dancer too thats why i asked you 2 enter the champs with me :waycool: .

Awww...that's sweet, and as we speak Danielle's ego is growing bigger and bigger! :whistle:

And good luck in the Champs, I hope you both win :flower:

Ash x

drathzel
5th-July-2005, 09:42 AM
Awww...that's sweet, and as we speak Danielle's ego is growing bigger and bigger! :whistle:

And good luck in the Champs, I hope you both win :flower:

Ash x

My ego is fine just the way it is. But it is always nice to have a younger man boosting it! :innocent:

jammy
5th-July-2005, 12:54 PM
My ego is fine just the way it is. But it is always nice to have a younger man boosting it! :innocent:
that makes me sound really young and im not that young only 3 years younger than you.
thanks ash for all your support :hug:
jammy

Dance Demon
7th-July-2005, 07:03 PM
JUST ANOTHER REMINDER!!!!!!!!!.....no Ceroc at Rutherglen tonight.......back on next Thursday......... :cheers:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-July-2005, 08:41 AM
Pretty sure i'll be along tomorrow night. Any other non-Rutherglen Glasgow dancers going to venture out of JJ's or the GUU and join us? :D
U taxi'd at Rutherglen yet D, or is this your first week? :hug:
Ashx

ducasi
13th-July-2005, 09:02 AM
Any other non-Rutherglen Glasgow dancers going to venture out of JJ's or the GUU and join us? I'm thinking I might make it to Rutherglen this week.

I don't know if this will encourage or discourage others from coming along. ;)

Dance Demon
21st-July-2005, 04:17 PM
Anyone coming along to Rutherglen tonight?....great night last week, hopefully even better this week :clap: :clap:

Dance Demon
3rd-August-2005, 12:01 AM
We are also closed the 4th August

Is this right........as I haven't heard from anyone to say that it's closed this Thurs........and i don't want to travel all the way through from Edinburgh, only to find that theres no Ceroc when I get there...... :confused:

Franck
3rd-August-2005, 12:19 AM
Is this right........as I haven't heard from anyone to say that it's closed this Thurs........and i don't want to travel all the way through from Edinburgh, only to find that theres no Ceroc when I get there...... :confused:Yep :sad:

The Rutherglen Town Hall was unavailable when I booked it months ago on the first Thursday of the month until October, so we are closed on the 4th August, the 1st September and the 6th October.