PDA

View Full Version : "Sexy" dancing leads to violence...

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 01:07 PM
KARAOKE and "sexy" dancing have both been identified as possible causes of disorder in pubs in Scotland's largest city.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/40386.shtml

"... research suggested that entertainment could slow down alcohol consumption. However, the study commissioned by NHS Greater Glasgow, said: "Such activities seemed to encourage drinking and could even act as catalysts for disorder, including karaoke and certain types of music, but in particular 'sexy' dancing."

Discuss...

Gadget
1st-June-2005, 01:40 PM
"Sexy dancing"? In pubs?

CJ
1st-June-2005, 01:53 PM
KARAOKE and "sexy" dancing have both been identified as possible causes of disorder in pubs in Scotland's largest city.

JJ's will be fine then, cos there wasn't much of either when I was there last night.... :whistle:

Yliander
1st-June-2005, 02:38 PM
'sexy' dancing."wonders what exactly they call sexy dancing

Dreadful Scathe
1st-June-2005, 02:42 PM
wonders what exactly they call sexy dancing
I think their definitions of both "sexy" and "dancing" are likely to be different to ours :)

drathzel
1st-June-2005, 02:43 PM
i have my ideas however i doubt they have the same idea.... :whistle: (well what do you expect with btc dancers like ours :drool: )

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 07:30 PM
However, the study commissioned by NHS Greater Glasgow, said: "Such activities seemed to encourage drinking and could even act as catalysts for disorder, including karaoke and certain types of music, but in particular 'sexy' dancing."
Well, clearly karaoke is pretty disorderly and should be banned. And we wouldn't want Young People to do Sexy Dancing*, oh no - who knows what that could lead to.

Good grief, the country could turn into a nation of sexy dancers, doesn't bear thinking about... :eek:

* leave it to us oldies to do that :)

Barry Shnikov
1st-June-2005, 09:17 PM

...I hadn't previously realised that the Scots needed an excuse for disorder in pubs. I thought it was how they recognise each other, y'know, like wearing kilts or shouting unintelligibly...

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 09:29 PM
...I hadn't previously realised that the Scots needed an excuse for disorder in pubs. I thought it was how they recognise each other, y'know, like wearing kilts or shouting unintelligibly...
:worthy:

You're a brave man to say that here...

Hint: look at URL :grin:

Barry Shnikov
1st-June-2005, 09:36 PM
:worthy:

You're a brave man to say that here...

Hint: look at URL :grin:

S'alright, I'm a long way away... :waycool:

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 10:00 PM
S'alright, I'm a long way away... :waycool:
Yes, that's what Edward II thought too... :innocent:

Barry Shnikov
1st-June-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes, that's what Edward II thought too... :innocent:

No, he went up north to pick a fight. I'm just blowing raspberries from the south coast... :na:

Gadget
1st-June-2005, 10:42 PM
...I fart in your general direction...your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry...

DianaS
1st-June-2005, 11:02 PM
'spect its pole dancing lap dancing and strippers..

foxylady
1st-June-2005, 11:44 PM
* leave it to us oldies to do that :)

Don't joke - recently went to a wedding where the bride and groom were only 5 years younger than me, and on saying I was looking forward to a dance (and btw I handbag dance with the best of them !), the bride said 'Oh there'll only be our generation there, so I doubt there'll be anyone for you to dance with'.... :angry: :angry:

Whitebeard
1st-June-2005, 11:59 PM
Don't joke - recently went to a wedding where the bride and groom were only 5 years younger than me, and on saying I was looking forward to a dance (and btw I handbag dance with the best of them !), the bride said 'Oh there'll only be our generation there, so I doubt there'll be anyone for you to dance with'....
That's what she said. What happened in the event ??

David Bailey
2nd-June-2005, 07:34 AM
Don't joke - recently went to a wedding where the bride and groom were only 5 years younger than me, and on saying I was looking forward to a dance (and btw I handbag dance with the best of them !), the bride said 'Oh there'll only be our generation there, so I doubt there'll be anyone for you to dance with'.... :angry: :angry:
Good grief. Still, could be worse, at least you won't be married to this person... :D