PDA

View Full Version : Southport cancellations?????!!

Barbara B
31st-May-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm a female from Scotland who is keen to go to Southport but need to either find a female who can't manage or a guy who'd like to go too!!?? Anyone know of anyone?

I'm Barbara from St Andrews - might know some of you from around Scotland or Beach Boogie '05. I've only recently discovered that I'm free that weekend so would love to go. Please send me a reply or a PM if you can help. Hope to see you all there cos I've been told it's a weekend not to be missed!!

Lynn
31st-May-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm a female from Scotland who is keen to go to Southport but need to either find a female who can't manage or a guy who'd like to go too!!?? Anyone know of anyone? I don't think you can book with a guy any more as I think its more or less booked up (except they can maybe take a few more guys in shared chalets). But there are bound to be some cancellations - there are always some people who can't make it. Have you checked if there is a 'reserve' list for cancellations?

Hope you get sorted - but if not - there is another one in September!

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 01:18 PM
I've only recently discovered that I'm free that weekend

Woo thats an absolute bargain!! :nice:

Barbara B
31st-May-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't know any smurfs from Smurf - must be another Scot looking for a bargain!!!!

Lynn, thanks for that. Any idea whether there are any spare chalets for folk going on own? Is there an extra charge? Got a phone number I could phone to find out and put my name down on a waiting list?

Graham
31st-May-2005, 04:08 PM
PM Johnah or see their website at http://www.jiveaddiction.com/mambo/index.php which gives the phone number to ring.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 04:15 PM
Don't know any smurfs from Smurf - must be another Scot looking for a bargain!!!!

There may be room between me, Fiona and the bump ;)

Lynn
31st-May-2005, 04:26 PM
Lynn, thanks for that. Any idea whether there are any spare chalets for folk going on own? Is there an extra charge? Got a phone number I could phone to find out and put my name down on a waiting list? Graham has already answered that. I don't think there are any spare chalets left now, but there might be cancellations - but there could already be others on a waiting list for those. Hope you get a place!

Barbara B
31st-May-2005, 05:43 PM
Suddenly realise I do know some Smurfs!!! Have even enjoyed champagne and bbqs in the sun with Smurfs and didn't realise it!!! Thanks for that - hopefully your 'peace' won't be invaded but at least I'll not be on a park bench!!

Thanks for the web address Graham - now I want to go even more - looks fab! Didn't seem to have a phone number, I'll look again.

stewart38
7th-June-2005, 02:52 PM
Its 95% certain , Ill have a spare ticket for Southport

If anyone knows of anyone who would like to go please PM me.

They would need to obtain their own accommodation but given note below I assume this wouldnt be a problem ?

For the Extravadanca there will be between 800 - 900 dancers so plenty of surplus accommodation and, having been to Camber and having inspected the accommodation we are using at Southport, in our opinion the whole Southport Centre is infinitely superior! Also, we are not cramming shed loads of dancers into each apartment either. The 1-beds will have a maximum of 2 people and the 2-beds 4. However, a 3, 4 or 5 star hotel it is not!

:wink:

TheTramp
7th-June-2005, 05:34 PM
That was actually last year - the first event at Southport. I believe there's going to be more like 1500 dancers there this time.

Might be worth giving John or Wes a call or PM to check on the situation before taking up that ticket.

(Having said that, of course, I don't want to imply that people will now be crammed into chalets at all, and please don't read my post that way. Just that if another chalet is needed, then best to let John or Wes know asap).

stewart38
7th-June-2005, 07:27 PM
That was actually last year - the first event at Southport. I believe there's going to be more like 1500 dancers there this time.

Might be worth giving John or Wes a call or PM to check on the situation before taking up that ticket.

(Having said that, of course, I don't want to imply that people will now be crammed into chalets at all, and please don't read my post that way. Just that if another chalet is needed, then best to let John or Wes know asap).

Obvioulsy I would expect someone or tell someone to make sure alternative accommodation was availible before selling a ticket. Ive already spoke to John

That post came of current site but if its wrong i apologise

If there is 2 times that number that could be worrying as the dance floor was 'full' last year

Finally ticket has now gone and accommodation for that person has been sorted :nice:

Lynn
7th-June-2005, 09:56 PM
That post came of current site but if its wrong i apologise It was posted on this forum but posted by John on 12th May 2004. That was before the first Southport. The second one was sold out and so is this one.

If there is 2 times that number that could be worrying as the dance floor was 'full' last year It won't be as many as twice - and remember there are three dance floors - so if one is busy you can try another one! (I love wandering round from room to room, having a few dances to different styles of music and meeting people on the way.)