PDA

View Full Version : Busking in Stirling. Saturday 4th June

Tiggerbabe
31st-May-2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone out there, who fancies a dance or 20, in the streets of Stirling?

We will be busking on Saturday, I've checked the weather doo da and it's gonna be sunny :clap:

Meeting outside the Albert Halls at 12 noon :D

Petal
31st-May-2005, 10:59 AM
Anyone out there, who fancies a dance or 20, in the streets of Stirling?

We will be busking on Saturday, I've checked the weather doo da and it's gonna be sunny :clap:

Meeting outside the Albert Halls at 12 noon :D

See you there, missed the last busk in Stirling, but i'll make this one. (Housework etc can wait)

TheTramp
31st-May-2005, 11:05 AM
See you there, missed the last busk in Stirling, but i'll make this one. (Housework etc can wait)
Good job. Nice to see you've got your priorities right. See you there :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 11:07 AM
I wont be able to make it :( 6 weeks till baby smurf!

Dance Demon
31st-May-2005, 05:43 PM
Mrs demon &me hope to be there............hope more than us , Trampy and Baldrick turn up this time :wink:

TheTramp
1st-June-2005, 12:45 AM
Mrs demon &me hope to be there............hope more than us , Trampy and Baldrick turn up this time :wink:
Well. We'll definitely have Tiggerbabe. What more could we need? :worthy:

sassy1
1st-June-2005, 09:37 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Margaret Rose, Joanne, Linda and Bee Bee will be there :cheers:

see you all soon :flower:

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 11:26 AM
After all the fun I had at the one in Glasgow, I'm going to try to get to this one, hangover permitting... :sick:

Are the Albert Halls easy to find, and is that where you will be dancing? I am a bit clueless on the geography of Stirling, and can see myself turning up late. :blush:

Maybe see you all on Saturday... :nice:

Petal
1st-June-2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe see you all on Saturday... :nice:

It would be nice to meet you and put a face to the person behind some of the forum posts i've read.

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 05:12 PM
It would be nice to meet you and put a face to the person behind some of the forum posts i've read. Likewise, though you may have seen me in passing when I was in Perth a couple of week's ago.

Hope it stops raining before Saturday... :wink:

Tiggerbabe
1st-June-2005, 05:14 PM
Are the Albert Halls easy to find, and is that where you will be dancing? I am a bit clueless on the geography of Stirling, and can see myself turning up late. :blush:

The Albert Halls are very easy to find - situated at the foot of the Castle and I doubt there's anyone in Stirling who couldn't direct you there.

If you can't make that, head along to the main shopping precinct for about half past twelve............we usually dance round about "Accesorize" which is just along a bit from the entrance to Marks & Spencer.

Look forward to seeing you :hug:

Petal
1st-June-2005, 05:18 PM
Likewise, though you may have seen me in passing when I was in Perth a couple of week's ago.[QUOTE]

Now you've got me guessing. There are new faces at Perth nearly every week.

[QUOTE] Hope it stops raining before Saturday... :wink:

:yeah:

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 05:24 PM
The Albert Halls are very easy to find ...

Look forward to seeing you :hug: Cheers Tiggerbabe! :flower:

Hope to see you there, and I hope to see you in Rutherglen too! :nice:

ducasi
1st-June-2005, 05:35 PM
Now you've got me guessing. There are new faces at Perth nearly every week. All may be revealed on Saturday! :wink:

JoC
1st-June-2005, 05:35 PM
Have fun all, I hope you get wonderful weather!

:flower:

Petal
1st-June-2005, 05:44 PM
All may be revealed on Saturday! :wink:

see you then. :wink:

Petal
2nd-June-2005, 12:37 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Peaches is coming to dance too.

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-June-2005, 01:23 PM
Peaches will be revealed at the busk ? wish i could go now :(

Petal
2nd-June-2005, 02:01 PM
Peaches will be revealed at the busk ? wish i could go now :(
But he/she may be in disguise! :whistle:

ducasi
4th-June-2005, 08:07 AM
Feeling a bit hungover, and a bit concerned about the weather. (http://ukie.accuweather.com/adcbin/ukie/ukie_forecast_hourly.asp?postalcode=FK9%204)

Is the busk on?

Tiggerbabe
4th-June-2005, 09:29 AM
Hee, don't worry about the weather - it's gonna be gloriously sunny in Stirling (at least until we've finished). :wink:

And I've just ironed about 20 busking t-shirts - be a shame to put all my hard work to waste :whistle:

See you there,
Sheena x

ducasi
4th-June-2005, 10:00 AM
Hee, don't worry about the weather - it's gonna be gloriously sunny in Stirling (at least until we've finished). :wink: Cheers Sheena!

I'll probably be there about 12.15-ish – my train gets into Stirling at 12.09.

See you soon!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-June-2005, 02:25 PM
Hope you guys are having a great time! I'd love to have come along, but because I work till one on sats, it is probably not likely to happen any time soon :eek: I shall just have to wait for all the chat on tues at JJ's from all who attended :D

...and remember to drink lots of water to keep hydrated in the burning sun!...and NO!, of course i'm not jealous :whistle:

Ashx :hug:

Tiggerbabe
4th-June-2005, 08:21 PM
Not that I'm wanting to rub salt into your wound but..............

IT WAS FAB!

Despite the rain, when everyone first arrived, the skies cleared and we had fabulous sunshine for the duration of the busk. Lots of buskers and lots of people watching (and even clapping :wink: )

and I even played "It's Raining Men":eek: (in honour of the many of the uniformed variety, who were in Stirling today :drool: )

A great day :D :D and home just in time for the final of SDF :waycool:

ducasi
5th-June-2005, 10:09 AM
IT WAS FAB! :yeah: :clap:

Had a brilliant time! A big thanks to Tiggerbabe, Franck and all the dancers that made it a great afternoon! :cheers:

You can read more (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/06/05/busking-in-stirling/) of my thoughts on my blog. (http://ducasi.org/blog/)

I'd like to mention here, though, the Cerocing lady I met who was up on holiday from the deep south of England – Sussex or Surrey or some place like that (do either contain Brighton? I think that's where she said she dances.)

I told her about the web site, and she asked "Do you mean Lynda's List?" I'm sorry Minnie that I didn't think to ask her name, but she did seem to know you. She was maybe 5'2", with short dark curly hair, and I think she might have been wearing glasses.

If that rings any bells, make sure and say "hi!" to her from the Scottish Cerocers, and thank her for all the nice things she was saying about Scotland.

:cheers: