PDA

View Full Version : Personal Apology from Adam

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 03:08 AM
OK so for my part I apologise for ruining everyones perception of the forum and for my over enthusiastic eagerness to share a great night with all you lovely forumites.

I am guilty of these crimes and deserve to be punished. I will probably be in Scotland for the BFG, please don't take that as a promotion for the BFG it is purely a reference that was needed to get the following point across which I hope to get to if I stop apologising and feel that tigger babe should personally administer the appropriate punishment.

I feel I have learnt from the mistakes I have made and ask for forgiveness from all the people I have offended. I feel that as I will be in the UK at Cheshunt on Friday 8th July, The Wolsey hall Windmill Lane at 8pm to midnight, it would be a great idea if everyone could come along and I will personally express my deepest sorrow and regret for having used this public forum for informing the public. Again this is NOT a promotion for the event just an explanatoin of where I will be to offer out apologies.

I really really have been deeply moved by all the emails offering support for the pain I have been suffering due to the stress I inflicted upon you. I would like to extend my apologies to your families, neighbours and anyone else who may have been in contact with you when you were suffering from the affects of my pranks.

I understand if there are those of you who feel too emotionally disturbed now to attended certain venues. It was a wicked wicked thing I did and I promise to never conciously do it or anything like it again.

I am so moved that I am debating whether I should in fact post this on every thread I so mercilessly invaded on that frightful night.

The event in question was a disaster. When you were all suffering and needed comfort from your fellow forumites, a pathetic group of dancers hundreds of them in fact partied and enjoyed merryment until the early hours. I feel disgusted at their total abandonment and the lack of consideration for you poor sad and effected people I have personally insulted and whose lives now hang by a fine thread.

Again I apologise and will go and sit in a cold bath until such time as I feel I am worthy to once again engage the joys and wealth of knowledge that flows forth from the FORUM

Please forgive a lost soul who nearly fell into the depths of the dark forces

Dan Hudson
31st-May-2005, 08:32 AM
Accepted, but I do feel you should dance naked at the BFG as a punishment! :what: :rofl:

And correct sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Mr Nathanson!! :D Glad you event went well though!! :cheers:

bigdjiver
31st-May-2005, 08:37 AM
If someone had "dumped" in the middle of your dancefloor it would have stretched your sense of humour too. Respect for each others space is one of the fundamentals of living, let alone dance. It is the arrogance and lack of respect that aroused my ire. The "They will witter on about it, but who cares? What can they do?" attitude.

I spend my time on this forum because I know it makes a difference, and I believe it is possible that it might one day make a big difference. That is what tends to happen when ideas are bandied about. It is not the "crime" that I object to, it is the (-0-) attitude towards this forum.

El Salsero Gringo
31st-May-2005, 09:45 AM
The obvious answer is this. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=197)

Ha aha aha ha. Ha.

bigdjiver
31st-May-2005, 09:57 AM
To try and explain where I am coming from on this:
There are people who spend their lives in the quest for knowledge, like the scientist Lavousier, who made may pioneering discoveries, including many related to the gas Hydrogen. There are other people who fill their day with work and organisation, like the French son that had inherited his fathers paper-mill. There are others that are comparitively ignorant and idle, like his brother.
This brother was lying on his back, watching the clouds drift by, and speculated thus:
Clouds are lighter than air. (They are not)
Clouds are made of smoke. (They are not)
If I fill a paper bag with smoke, perhaps it will float upwards.
The brothers tried that experiment, and discovered that smoke made them cough a lot, but did not impress the paper bag much. However, the hot air from the fire made the bag rise. So the Montgoflier brothers were able to use the resources of the paper-mill to make the first hot air balloons.
When the news reached Paris that some "country bumpkins" were floating in the air, and planning to bring their invention to Paris the ruling classes there did not like the thought of being upstaged, and turned to Lavousier. He concluded that this talk of fire burning under a huge paper bag was obviously ridiculous, and that the lifting agent could only be hydrogen. Thus was built the first hydrogen balloon. (Why didn't he think of that before?)

The moral of this tale, for me, is that the (comparitively) ignorant and idle dreamers also have their place in this world, even though the workers and the scholars may hold them in contempt. I know from long experience that the places where people meet and chat are an import part of the fabric of our society, and "idle chat" often leads to major change. That is why I fight for my vision of this forum as a place, in some threads at least, where ideas can be expressed and debated on their merit, not on the merit of their presentation, or of whom is presenting it. A place where there are some threads that are mostly free from idle emphemeral banter and spam. Those that want to dance a different dance can do so somewhere over there, there is room and a place for all.

Robin
31st-May-2005, 10:09 AM
The obvious answer is this
Ha aha aha ha. Ha.

:rofl:

I prefer this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=1275) though

hehehe

El Salsero Gringo
31st-May-2005, 10:16 AM
:rofl:

I prefer this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=1275) though

heheheThe Forum won't let me put myself on my own ignore list - much as that would improve my quality of life. I've reported the bug to Franck.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 10:31 AM
The Forum won't let me put myself on my own ignore list - much as that would improve my quality of life. I've reported the bug to Franck.
cant you just type in the dark with the monitor off whilst drinking a half bottle of vodka?

gah, use some common sense man! :)

on a more serious note - Adam, spam is bad, but poor sarcasm insults me, my family and my shao-lin temple.

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 10:37 AM
cant you just type in the dark with the monitor off whilst drinking a half bottle of vodka?
nearly got it right, drank the whole bottle :sick:

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 10:41 AM
on a more serious note - Adam, spam is bad, but poor sarcasm insults me, my family and my shao-lin temple.

OK help me out here, there was a song but can't remember it, the words went something like "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam", think it was Python :eek:

Mary
31st-May-2005, 10:42 AM
Please forgive a lost soul who nearly fell into the depths of the dark forces

Nearly lost you to the dark side, young Jedi knight. Perhaps a little more practice(ise) at the BFG in using 'the force' might be in order.

I also think a little penance should be served by dancing with me ooh, lots at said occasion.
:devil:

M

Lou
31st-May-2005, 10:46 AM
OK help me out here, there was a song but can't remember it, the words went something like "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam", think it was Python :eek:

:tears: It's gone too far...

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 10:48 AM
Nearly lost you to the dark side, young Jedi knight. Perhaps a little more practice(ise) at the BFG in using 'the force' might be in order.

I also think a little penance should be served by dancing with me ooh, lots at said occasion.
:devil:

M

Oh kind forgiving mistress, i deserve to be punished thus :drool: :whistle: If the girls from Scotland would also like to punish me in this manner I will be available and will take my punishment as I should, again and again and again....

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh kind forgiving mistress, i deserve to be punished thus :drool: :whistle: If the girls from Scotland would also like to punish me in this manner I will be available and will take my punishment as I should, again and again and again....
this is probably proof that spam is rewarded :)

please direct all Monty Python queries at Lou from now on ;)

Rhythm King
31st-May-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm afraid your punishment will be that you've condemned yourself to the smallest hotel room in Glasgow for the BFG. Best not bring a large suitcase! :wink:

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm afraid your punishment will be that you've condemned yourself to the smallest hotel room in Glasgow for the BFG. Best not bring a large suitcase! :wink:

Right Sheena you know what this means, get the butter out again :innocent:

Tiggerbabe
31st-May-2005, 11:13 AM
Right Sheena you know what this means, get the butter out again :innocent:
Can't we use Nutella this time? :drool: :wink: :whistle:

CJ
31st-May-2005, 11:47 AM
Oh kind forgiving mistress, i deserve to be punished thus :drool: :whistle:

You need a damn good kick in the balls, that's what you deserve.

Adam, I've met you on a couple of occasions and have formed a positive opinion. (not that my opinion matters, in ANY way, shape or form.) However, by treating this forum, its members and Franck with utmost contempt and a lack of respect, anf for a thoroughly pants attempt at sarcastic humour, you have let yourself, your family, your old school tie and the good name of Adams all around the world down.

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 01:22 PM

Adam, I've met you on a couple of occasions and have formed a positive opinion. (not that my opinion matters, in ANY way, shape or form.) However, by treating this forum, its members and Franck with utmost contempt and a lack of respect, anf for a thoroughly pants attempt at sarcastic humour, you have let yourself, your family, your old school tie and the good name of Adams all around the world down.
arent we allowed to treat everyone on here with the utmost contempt they deserve?

sigh...mixed messages ....

:)

azande
31st-May-2005, 01:34 PM

:yeah: :yeah:

Graham
31st-May-2005, 01:38 PM
Can I have a dance or three with Mandy while you're recovering from your testicular impacts?

Lory
31st-May-2005, 01:39 PM
and the good name of Adams all around the world down.
:yeah: My son's called Adam! :angry:

Whipped cream for me :innocent:

Graham
31st-May-2005, 01:52 PM
Whipped cream for me :innocent:
:confused: Who exactly is that supposed to be a punishment for? :confused:

CJ
31st-May-2005, 02:00 PM

Chicklet!! :wink:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

azande
31st-May-2005, 02:01 PM

Whoever is NOT involved with Lory and whipped cream?

Graham
31st-May-2005, 02:03 PM
Chicklet!! :wink:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Look, she'd have been fine if you hadn't got it on her clothes......... :wink:

cerocmetro
31st-May-2005, 09:59 PM

Hey me, I was the bad one, I was the one who must have got near record neg reps, I deserve the punishment. I would not want whipped cream inflicted on anyone else, I will take everything that is coming to me :o

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey me, I was the bad one, I was the one who must have got near record neg reps, I deserve the punishment. I would not want whipped cream inflicted on anyone else, I will take everything that is coming to me :o

Well, I for one am glad to see that you've taken the criticism to heart, and can apologise like a man.