PDA

View Full Version : Robotic vacuum cleaners

Northants Girly
29th-May-2005, 11:30 PM
Eons ago I was in John Lewis and (literally) stumbled over a cordless robotic vacuum cleaner :what:

I thought WOW !!!

I asked "How much?"

The shop assitant replied "£1000" :eek:

at this point I nearly fell over and my friend dragged me out of the shop :rofl:

anyway, last week, someone at work told me that they have one and now they only cost ~£200 . . . .

Does anyone on the forum have one of these guys? If so, do they REALLY work?

drathzel
29th-May-2005, 11:33 PM
Eons ago I was in John Lewis and (literally) stumbled over a cordless robotic vacuum cleaner :what:

I thought WOW !!!

I asked "How much?"

The shop assitant replied "£1000" :eek:

at this point I nearly fell over and my friend dragged me out of the shop :rofl:

anyway, last week, someone at work told me that they have one and now they only cost ~£200 . . . .

Does anyone on the forum have one of these guys? If so, do they REALLY work?

i am imagining a robot that does your hoovering for you, if so...sign me up! :rofl:

Northants Girly
29th-May-2005, 11:39 PM
i am imagining a robot that does your hoovering for you, if so...sign me up! :rofl:they really DO exist - here's one (http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?Type=SKU&ID=230205092&source=14798) :na:

drathzel
29th-May-2005, 11:41 PM
they really DO exist - here's one (http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?Type=SKU&ID=230205092&source=14798) :na:

OMG.... guess what i want for xmas and my birthday (all rolled into one)!!!!! :D

El Salsero Gringo
30th-May-2005, 12:49 AM
A friend of mine had one, but has just flogged it on Ebay. I guess that tells you everything you need to know about how useful he found it.

David Bailey
30th-May-2005, 09:24 AM
A friend of mine had one, but has just flogged it on Ebay. I guess that tells you everything you need to know about how useful he found it.
I too have my doubts, unless it also pick stuff up from the floor, does the stairs, moves chairs and stuff around, etc.

Not that I actually do any hoovering of course, but that's what I've heard happens in the process...