PDA

View Full Version : BFG 2005: You going?

Gadget
27th-May-2005, 11:02 PM
Well someone may as well start it...

{perhaps better "Who's NOT going? :waycool:}

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
28th-May-2005, 06:38 AM
Yes :D
Although I can't go to the whole weekend, I can go to most of it

Bangers & Mash
28th-May-2005, 05:42 PM
I'll be there. Not certain where I'll be living by then, tho. :what:

When is Franck gonna start taking bookings?

Tiggerbabe
29th-May-2005, 02:37 PM
I'd guess, once he has had teachers confirmed and the workshops are decided.

Possibly after the Tango Weekend in Aberdeen (17,18, 19 June) :drool:

drathzel
29th-May-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll be there. Not certain where I'll be living by then, tho. :what:

Looks as though this going to be a popular one! Peeps wanting to book already!!! :clap:

cerocmetro
30th-May-2005, 05:22 AM
Well someone may as well start it...

{perhaps better "Who's NOT going? :waycool:}

I absolutley intend to go /snip/.............

Rhythm King
31st-May-2005, 10:42 AM
Well I've put that I'm intending to go, but it depends on work. I'l confirm as soon as I find out. Is there going to be a preferred hotel option for us Southern Foreigners?

Lory
31st-May-2005, 11:03 AM
Well I've put that I'm intending to go, but it depends on work. I'l confirm as soon as I find out. Is there going to be a preferred hotel option for us Southern Foreigners?Tiggerbabe and I are trying to work a deal out with a hotel at the moment (we're using our charm :wink: so it may take some time :blush: ) will post any news, as soon as we can! :)

Tiggerbabe
31st-May-2005, 11:03 AM
Is there going to be a preferred hotel option for us Southern Foreigners?
Working on trying to get a special deal at the moment RK, watch this space.......:hug:

Just noticed your post Lory :rofl:

.........see, we're sooooooo together hee hee hee!!!!!!

Lory
1st-June-2005, 11:30 AM
OK here it is folks, this is the place where it will all be happening!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Angus Hotel (http://www.angushotelglasgow.co.uk/)

We've managed to negotiate a special rate for 'us', if you quote 'Ceroc' when booking! (please ask for Steven)

The special rate is £25per person per night, based on 2 people sharing, this price includes a full English/Scottish breakfast!

They have doubles, twins, triples, quads and family rooms

Also available are single rooms, at a supplement of £15pppn

The hotel is within walking distance of the uni!

All rooms are NON smoking.

There IS only a limited number of rooms available, so my advise is, BOOK EARLY!
Bookings are secured using credit card details but no money is taken off yet!

For those of you who wish to splash out a bit more, there's the sister hotel,

The Argyll (http://www.argyllhotelglasgow.co.uk/)

which is, quite literally, across the road and where 'the bar' is!

This £76per room per night, based on 2 sharing, inc breakfast!

Lynn
1st-June-2005, 11:36 AM
Great deal - well done! Any website or contact details for the hotel?

Lou
1st-June-2005, 11:37 AM
Great deal - well done! Any website or contact details for the hotel?
*pokes* Lynn

Pssst.... just click the hotel names in Lory's post.... ;)

Lynn
1st-June-2005, 12:03 PM
*pokes* Lynn

Pssst.... just click the hotel names in Lory's post.... ;) Doh! :rofl:

Thanks!

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 12:08 PM
I'll be there- that price is bargainous, Lory!

But I don't want to pay a single supplement so... Dizzy! Are you going?

Anyone else want to share a room with two crazy English women- or possibly just one crazy English woman with an excellent taste in shoes?

El Salsero Gringo
1st-June-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll be there- that price is bargainous, Lory!Bargainous - the best example of a noun being adjectived I've heard this year.
Anyone else want to share a room with two crazy English women- or possibly just one crazy English woman with an excellent taste in shoes?Why, do you know one?

(a-ha ha ha - I just crack myself up.)

Lory
1st-June-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone else want to share a room with two crazy English women
:really:

CJ
1st-June-2005, 12:24 PM
Anyone else want to share a room with two crazy English women

If we're talking NG and DianaS, you can count me in....

:blush:

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 12:52 PM
Bargainous - the best example of a noun being adjectived I've heard this year.

:D Glad you approve. It's one of my favourite non-words.

Why, do you know one?

(a-ha ha ha - I just crack myself up.)

Watch it, buster. I've elbowed one poor sod in the face by accident. Don't think I couldn't do it on purpose if I wanted to! :na:

Dizzy
1st-June-2005, 01:24 PM

Anyone else want to share a room with two crazy English women- or possibly just one crazy English woman with an excellent taste in shoes?

Yay, I'll come!! :clap: :clap:

I've never been to Glasgow before, it sounds like a blast!! :cheers:

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 02:45 PM

Woohoo! :clap: So that's TWO crazy English women with excellent taste in shoes. You driving up, Dizz?

Actually, don't bother to answer that- we can talk about it tonight at Ashtons. But YAY!

Dreadful Scathe
1st-June-2005, 02:49 PM

Its a small town near inverness, famous for Harvey Nichols and sherbert. There are no decent football teams there though.

drathzel
1st-June-2005, 03:02 PM
Its a small town near inverness, famous for Harvey Nichols and sherbert. There are no decent football teams there though.

Oh you are such a little fibber :yum:

Tiggerbabe
2nd-June-2005, 02:05 PM
Tiggerbabe reporting to Lory :wink: -

have just spoken to the lovely Steven at the Argyll and my room is all booked up now :clap: :whistle:

PARTY TIME !!!! HURRAH !!!

Lory
2nd-June-2005, 11:40 PM
Tiggerbabe reporting to Lory :wink: -

have just spoken to the lovely Steven at the Argyll and my room is all booked up now :clap: :whistle:

:clap: Mine too! :na:

(the presidential suite! *COUGH* :whistle: )

Mary
6th-June-2005, 02:58 PM
Room booked. What a nice chap Steven sounds. :flower:

Thanks for arranging that deal Lory.

M

Lou
6th-June-2005, 03:15 PM
Room booked. What a nice chap Steven sounds. :flower:

Thanks for arranging that deal Lory.
:yeah: :clap:

Sparkles
6th-June-2005, 03:51 PM
*throwing a childish tantrum*
I wanna come too :tears:
You'd better take lots of photos, Lory :flower:
Can't believe I'm going to miss all the action, it was such a blast last time. I hope you all really enjoy it, and I want all the goss when you get back!
And girls, please make sure Franck gets lots of hugs from me :hug: :D
S. x

Mary
6th-June-2005, 04:08 PM
And girls, please make sure Franck gets lots of hugs from me :hug: :D
S. x

*sigh* If we must. :cool:

M

Sparkles
6th-June-2005, 04:09 PM
*sigh* If we must. :cool:

M

It's a hard job, but someone has to do it :flower:
S. x

Lory
6th-June-2005, 04:15 PM
S. x :yeah: It'll probably be best if we take it in turns :rolleyes: Just incase it get too much for anyone :whistle: :wink:

Mary
6th-June-2005, 04:46 PM
S. x

You'll be asking us to actually dance with him next.

M

drathzel
6th-June-2005, 04:59 PM
You'll be asking us to actually dance with him next.

M

:yeah: but if we must!!! :rofl:

cerocmetro
7th-June-2005, 12:55 PM
I am having a short bald guy moment, what is the date of the BFG :sick:

Lory
7th-June-2005, 01:09 PM
The weekend of October 21st :na:

And we don't wish to know about your private life, thankyou! :really: :D

Clive Long
7th-June-2005, 01:13 PM
Need to know basis sergeant, need to know.

Seems to exclude you and me. :wink:

Let's strike a wearily aloof pose at the whole venture. :wink:

Clive

El Salsero Gringo
7th-June-2005, 01:53 PM
Need to know basis sergeant, need to know.

Seems to exclude you and me. :wink:

Let's strike a wearily aloof pose at the whole venture. :wink:

CliveNonsense gentlemen. I was told that without a quorum of short bald guys, the BFG would be cancelled, anyway. :whistle:

Details are here. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5441)

Dreadful Scathe
7th-June-2005, 02:04 PM
Nonsense gentlemen. I was told that without a quorum of short bald guys, the BFG would be cancelled, anyway. :whistle:

Details are here. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5441)
Going El Salsa ? Expect an 'oh you came as an ass' comment regardless of costume ;)

El Salsero Gringo
7th-June-2005, 02:21 PM
Going El Salsa ? Expect an 'oh you came as an ass' comment regardless of costume ;)I daren't. Someone told me that donkey-meat is a delicacy north of the border.

(Oh, and *STOP* sniggering at the back there, you filthy creature.)

Purple Sparkler
8th-June-2005, 09:54 AM
*clears throat*
DANG NABBIT!

*further string of creative swearwords concluding with:*

Stupid friends getting married on October 22nd. I can't go anymore! It's NOT FAIR.

And you know what's REALLY rubbing salt into the wound? They've been engaged since February. Did they tell me they were engaged? No. Why? Because my friend's fiance, who in fact I've known longer than her by 5 YEARS was worried I would say something to his ex-girlfriend, and he wanted her to find out from him.

Let's ignore the fact that because HE announced to her that his fiancee and I were really good friends, SHE has not spoken to me in months. Let's also ignore the fact that I haven't seen any of my university friends who MIGHT tell her for YEARS.

And last but not least, there's the fact that he seems to have ignored the possibility that I could KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT IF HE ASKED ME TO. :mad:

Sorry. Came over all ranty for a minute there. But it really hurt. AND I can't go to the BFG. I believe the technical term for the situation is 'suckfest'.

Barry Shnikov
8th-June-2005, 11:57 PM
*clears throat*
DANG NABBIT!

Stupid friends getting married on October 22nd. I can't go anymore! It's NOT FAIR.

And you know what's REALLY rubbing salt into the wound? They've been engaged since February. Did they tell me they were engaged? No. Why? Because my friend's fiance, who in fact I've known longer than her by 5 YEARS was worried I would say something to his ex-girlfriend, and he wanted her to find out from him.

Let's ignore the fact that because HE announced to her that his fiancee and I were really good friends, SHE has not spoken to me in months. Let's also ignore the fact that I haven't seen any of my university friends who MIGHT tell her for YEARS.

And last but not least, there's the fact that he seems to have ignored the possibility that I could KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT IF HE ASKED ME TO. :mad:

Sorry. Came over all ranty for a minute there. But it really hurt. AND I can't go to the BFG. I believe the technical term for the situation is 'suckfest'.

Blimey, I've come over all dizzy after trying to follow all that...

Barry Shnikov
8th-June-2005, 11:59 PM
I daren't. Someone told me that donkey-meat is a delicacy north of the border.

...only when one stands still long enough to be head butted!

Barry Shnikov
9th-June-2005, 12:00 AM

Well, put him down and pay attention!

Rhythm King
9th-June-2005, 02:44 PM
I've just been told I have to attend a conference between 16th-21st October :tears:

The conference is in Miami, Florida :waycool:

Once I get the itinerary, I'll know whether I can get up to the BFG, for part of the weekend. :clap:

Fingers crossed...

R-K :flower:

Purple Sparkler
9th-June-2005, 02:54 PM
Blimey, I've come over all dizzy after trying to follow all that...

Sorry. It's just that whenever I talk about it it turns into a rant.

Am trying to console myself with the fact that the bride-to-be says I can go with her when she goes to choose the dress...

Dreadful Scathe
9th-June-2005, 03:51 PM
*clears throat*
DANG NABBIT!

er.. so dont go to their stupid wedding, come to the BFG instead. You know it makes sense. :)

Purple Sparkler
9th-June-2005, 04:02 PM
er.. so dont go to their stupid wedding, come to the BFG instead. You know it makes sense. :)

Oh yes, how very popular that would make me as I'm making their cake for them (an old offer which still stands).

But really, I'm looking forward to it for two reasons, if no others: Firstly, my best friend will be coming over from the States for it. He hasn't said so, but I know he will because the groom is his best male friend. So I get to see him and his wife and play Turtle Club for several hours.

Secondly: They're not having a dance, but a cabaret. Meaning that they want their friends to do things for the cabaret. So I might get to show off my Ceroc skills- I just need, as I've said elsewhere, a proper regular partner who is not going to the BFG and who's up for it. They'll get cake. Can't guarantee anything more, but as I'm making the cake, they'll have cake.

Bardsey
9th-June-2005, 04:37 PM
Sorry to ask, but when is it? Can't find anything about it! :confused:

DavidY
9th-June-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry to ask, but when is it? Can't find anything about it! :confused:Hi Bardsey,

There's a thread with some details (not all available yet I think) here. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5441)

There's also info on hotels starting at page 1 of this thread.

LilyB
11th-July-2005, 04:56 PM
DavidB & I have just booked our flights for the BFG weekend :clap: :clap: :clap: . Will be booking the Angus Hotel if they still have rooms available.

It's gonna be a fab weekend! :D :D :D

Who else is coming? :waycool:

LilyB

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 05:00 PM

when is it exactly??? i could be persuaded :worthy:

Lucy Locket
11th-July-2005, 05:06 PM
*clears throat*
DANG NABBIT!

Lucy Locket pours PS a very very large G&T & hands it over at arms length :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
11th-July-2005, 05:43 PM
DavidB & I have just booked our flights for the BFG weekend :clap: :clap: :clap: .
Best news I've heard all day :hug: :D

Lory
11th-July-2005, 05:45 PM
Best news I've heard all day :hug: :D
:yeah: :cheers: :hug:

LilyB
11th-July-2005, 06:11 PM
Now I've just got to round up the south England posse (Minnie, Mary & Tone, Gus, Dave & BryonyF, Rhythm King, ... ) and get them to Glasgow! :yeah:

LilyB

Minnie M
11th-July-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm trying to get my act together to book hotel & flights - would rather travel with someone than make the journey along if poss :flower:

Tiggerbabe
12th-July-2005, 01:35 AM
Well, pm Lily and see what flight she and David are on :wink: - you've got to make it to this one Minnie. :hug:

Minnie M
12th-July-2005, 11:12 PM
......... you've got to make it to this one Minnie. :hug:
Booked ................ so exciting :clap: :kiss: :flower: Haven't been to Scotland for about 5 years :clap: :clap:

We are coming up on Thursday got a cheap flight from Luton £36 return incl taxes :D and my Jack is driving me to the airport :clap: and booked into the Angus too :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
12th-July-2005, 11:42 PM
Where's the *doing cartwheels* smilie? :clap:

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 07:57 AM
how's this - in my kilt and on the plane (not sure about the cartwheels, mice are not very good at them :sad: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-July-2005, 08:12 AM
how's this - in my kilt and on the plane (not sure about the cartwheels, mice are not very good at them :sad: )
I like the kilt Minnie-you should be sure to wear it when you venture Northwards :D And the plane is very lovely :flower:
Also, I can't do cartwheels either-the most I could manage was a forward roll :blush: :tears: I'm still working on that Yoga shoulder stand though :grin: Maybe i'll be able to do it properly in a couple of years, and get my legs right over my head :whistle:

Lory
13th-July-2005, 08:44 AM
I can't do cartwheels either-the most I could manage was a forward roll :blush: :tears:
I can do really good ones! :clap: :waycool: :D :innocent:

I'll show you when i'm on Scotland if you like? :rofl:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-July-2005, 08:46 AM
I can do really good ones! :clap: :waycool: :D :innocent:

I'll show you when i'm on Scotland if you like? :rofl:

Yes please :D Maybe you can teach me too...umm, actually, on second thoughts...maybe not :rofl: x

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 02:34 PM
I like the kilt Minnie-you should be sure to wear it when you venture Northwards :D And the plane is very lovely :flower:
Also, I can't do cartwheels either-the most I could manage was a forward roll :blush: :tears: I'm still working on that Yoga shoulder stand though :grin: Maybe i'll be able to do it properly in a couple of years, and get my legs right over my head :whistle:
Click on "me in my plane" and you will see me flying (EasyJet of course) see ya soon !!!

clevedonboy
13th-July-2005, 05:12 PM
Just booked flights and Hotel (Total under £250 for two so can't complain about that!) so see you in October with Mrs Clevedonboy (aka Mrs Wiggle to people in Bristol).

I haven't been North of Hadrian's wall before (well I suppose it was north at some points but not by more than 1000 yards), do I need any jabs? Special winter clothing? Huskies? :)

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 05:55 PM
Just booked flights and Hotel (Total under £250 for two so can't complain about that!) so see you in October with Mrs Clevedonboy (aka Mrs Wiggle to people in Bristol).

I haven't been North of Hadrian's wall before (well I suppose it was north at some points but not by more than 1000 yards), do I need any jabs? Special winter clothing? Huskies? :)
NO......... But you need your passport :whistle:

Lou
13th-July-2005, 05:59 PM
Just booked flights and Hotel (Total under £250 for two so can't complain about that!) so see you in October with Mrs Clevedonboy (aka Mrs Wiggle to people in Bristol). :clap: And we're on the same flights! :clap:

clevedonboy
13th-July-2005, 06:18 PM
:clap: And we're on the same flights! :clap:

Mmmmm .... Clevedonboy works out that with two females in a party of three he's likely to have to sit in the middle seat - oh well it's only 75 minutes. OR we need more people from Bristol to come on the same flight - What about Phil? or will he go by balloon?

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 07:26 PM
Where you guys flyer from ?

I am using EasyJet from Luton to Glasgow :-

Flying out on Friday 21st October
£12.99 flight 65 dep. 07:40, arr. 09:00
£17.99 flight 69 dep. 11:00, arr. 12:15
£23.99 flight 71 dep. 14:45, arr. 16:05
£23.99 flight 73 dep. 16:00, arr. 17:15
£23.99 flight 75 dep. 17:45, arr. 19:00
£29.99 flight 81 dep. 20:50, arr. 22:05

Flying back on Monday 24th October
£12.99 flight 74 dep. 13:10, arr. 14:25
£12.99 flight 76 dep. 16:00, arr. 17:20
£12.99 flight 78 dep. 17:35, arr. 18:55
£12.99 flight 82 dep. 19:15, arr. 20:30

Lory
13th-July-2005, 07:45 PM

We're on these :)

EasyJet from Luton to Glasgow :-

Flying out on Friday 21st October
£17.99 flight 69 dep. 11:00, arr. 12:15

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 07:56 PM
We're on these :) ..........
Going back going to be fun .... I reckon all Easyjet passengers to Luton wil be on that flight :clap:

Lou
13th-July-2005, 10:08 PM
We're flying from Bristol, Miss Minnie. :) But feel free to join us :) (although you'd probably find it easier from Luton)

Minnie M
13th-July-2005, 10:18 PM
We're flying from Bristol, Miss Minnie. :) But feel free to join us :) (although you'd probably find it easier from Luton)
For me it is easier from Gatwick - but it is a lot cheaper from Luton. Have already booked (see post above) - was curious to know who else has booked with Easyjet as they seem to be the cheapest

see ya there :clap: if not before :flower:

Tiggerbabe
14th-July-2005, 03:03 AM
Special winter clothing?
Nope. You need that in June/July. In October it's usually very sunny :clap:

Gonna be fab weekend!

Lory
14th-July-2005, 07:21 AM
Going back going to be fun ....
:yeah: I've always thought, all that lovely open space, smooth floors and air conditioning at airports was going to waste :wink: :D

Tiggerbabe
14th-July-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey, if you lot are gonna have a busk at the airport on the Monday (late morning :whistle: ) count me in! :D

Minnie M
14th-July-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey, if you lot are gonna have a busk at the airport on the Monday (late morning :whistle: ) count me in! :D

What a good idea - mind you will we have the energy :really:

drathzel
14th-July-2005, 09:23 AM

me tooo, i'm off work! :clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-July-2005, 08:23 PM
Going back going to be fun ....
Going back?! :really: You've not even got to the BFG yet and you want to leave already?! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Tiggerbabe
17th-July-2005, 01:59 AM
mind you will we have the energy :really:
Hell yeah! First busk to be held in Glasgow Airport - fantastic! :D

Icey
25th-July-2005, 01:44 PM
Just read this thread - judging by your posts it's a good weekend then?

I really want to go now, will try to convince a certain person that I know quite well that she wants to go too.

LMC
25th-July-2005, 02:57 PM
Just read this thread - judging by your posts it's a good weekend then?

I really want to go now, will try to convince a certain person that I know quite well that she wants to go too.
:na: @Icey

Will see if I can get someone to sit on my cats :nice:

Icey
25th-July-2005, 05:04 PM
Newkid and I are coming up too. We've booked the flights and the hotel - it's gonna be a riot :grin:

Now all we need to discuss is the voting ...

animaltalk
4th-August-2005, 07:56 PM
Hello

Anyone know how much the BFG itself costs?

Nick

drathzel
17th-August-2005, 10:01 AM
Hello

Anyone know how much the BFG itself costs?

Nick
.... cost?????..... cuz it matters?.... will be there anyway :rofl: :clap:

TiggsTours
17th-August-2005, 10:06 AM
Erm, what is it? :blush:

TiggsTours
17th-August-2005, 10:53 AM
Erm, in that case, no. :sad: Nowhere near enough holiday time left from work. :sad: :tears:

KatieR
18th-August-2005, 02:32 PM
I dont suppose there is anyone still looking to share a room?

CJ
18th-August-2005, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know what was decided about fancy dress??

Mary
18th-August-2005, 05:09 PM

Oh please, no, not fancy dress! At least not unless it's something appropriate for dancing.

M

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2005, 05:51 PM
I think the "come as someone else's avatar" was the most popular choice :hug: (you still got your bottom? :wink: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
18th-August-2005, 06:40 PM
I think the "come as someone else's avatar" was the most popular choice...

This has always got me wondering...what if say 7 people turn up dressed as Tiger, or A little yellow boy? Will we have to decide who we are going to dress up as beforehand so that there isn't a large number of forumites dressed as the same avatar? :confused:

Minnie M
18th-August-2005, 06:43 PM
anyone want to come as me ? :whistle:

DavidY
18th-August-2005, 07:23 PM
I dont suppose there is anyone still looking to share a room?Yes I am - but I guess that won't help you. :innocent:

KatieR
18th-August-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes I am - but I guess that won't help you. :innocent:

Im just hopeless at organising myself... plus others who I know that are going didn't feel the need to include me in their plans :whistle: so am left not knowing who is going, where they are staying, how they are getting there etc. so its either make my own way, or don't go...

Whats a girl to do??

Funky Mado
18th-August-2005, 11:45 PM
I really, REALLY want to go! It sounds like SO much fun! and a great chance to meet some new people, but...I'm going to India and I get back on the Monday! I'm not even going to Southport!! :tears:
There is always next year I guess :sad:
Hope everyone has a good laugh with the dressing-up!!
FM xx

CJ
18th-August-2005, 11:56 PM
I think the "come as someone else's avatar" was the most popular choice :hug: (you still got your bottom? :wink: )

Coooel!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :D :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yes, my bum is available. For a fee.... :wink:

Tiggerbabe
19th-August-2005, 12:38 AM

We've managed to negotiate a special rate for 'us', if you quote 'Ceroc' when booking! (please ask for Steven)

The special rate is £25per person per night, based on 2 people sharing, this price includes a full English/Scottish breakfast!

For those of you who're still wondering where everyone is staying - Lory's earlier post :whistle:

And CJ - :wink:

Tiggerbabe
19th-August-2005, 12:39 AM
This has always got me wondering...what if say 7 people turn up dressed as Tiger
Who's Tiger????????

ducasi
19th-August-2005, 12:43 AM
Who's Tiger????????
Would my "tiger feet" shoes count as dressing like Tiggerbabe's avatar? :nice:

CJ
19th-August-2005, 01:12 AM
Would my "tiger feet" shoes count as dressing like Tiggerbabe's avatar? :nice:

Only if they are spring loaded!!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
19th-August-2005, 08:25 AM
Who's Tiger????????

Oops :blush: Sorry Tiggerbabe :innocent:

CJ
23rd-August-2005, 12:21 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress?!?!

:D :devil: :rofl: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-August-2005, 12:32 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress?!?!

:D :devil: :rofl: :rofl:
Im sorted thanks ;)

Minnie M
17th-September-2005, 07:57 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress.....
:tears: still not sure` :innocent:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
17th-September-2005, 10:04 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress?!?
:sick: :sick: :sick: It's crept up quite quickly, I still have no idea what i'm going to wear! Oh well, I guess i'll just have to force myself to go shopping :tears: :yum: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

ducasi
17th-September-2005, 11:27 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress?!?! Well no-one's offered to make me a costume yet... :(

I'm not coming as a Mr Man, or a Little Miss. In fact all cartoon characters are out. (Sorry if that includes you. It's nothing personal. :flower:)

Doesn't leave me with much choice... Little Monkey's avatar is beginning to look attractive though... :wink:

JoC
18th-September-2005, 11:20 AM
Well no-one's offered to make me a costume yet... :(
Why should they? Make your own!!! (And if someone is generous enough you should take what you get, little miss if necessary.)

( :na: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
18th-September-2005, 11:43 AM
I have an eye on a certain avatar, but I think it may be quite difficult to find a costume for it...I guess i'll need to enlist help from some friends :grin:

ducasi
18th-September-2005, 11:52 AM
Why should they? Make your own!!! (And if someone is generous enough you should take what you get, little miss if necessary.)

( :na: ) Well, with certain people telling me how much I need one, and how much they love making up costumes, I though I'd allow someone else the pleasure of dressing me. (Plus I'm just too lazy!!)

The main problem I see with Mr Men and Little Misses are that they don't seem to have much of a costume to start with – they are mostly naked! How can anyone dress up as Little Miss Contrary, for example? A blonde wig, a blue bow, some glasses – and nothing else!?!

(And :na: back to you too!)

JoC
18th-September-2005, 04:54 PM
How can anyone dress up as Little Miss Contrary, for example? A blonde wig, a blue bow, some glasses – and nothing else!?!And the problem is? ( I'd recommend some nice orange fake tan or body paint if you go for this option, from the flesh you expose on a regular dancing night I'm guessing your skin isn't orange.)

ducasi
18th-September-2005, 09:44 PM
And the problem is? ( I'd recommend some nice orange fake tan or body paint if you go for this option, from the flesh you expose on a regular dancing night I'm guessing your skin isn't orange.) From the flesh I expose on a regular dancing night, do you really think I want to expose any more?

It's not a self-confidence issue – I'm just concerned about the effect it'll have on all the women.

And before anyone says it... I'm thinking :yum: and :drool:, not :sick: and :rofl:.

Piglet
19th-September-2005, 07:09 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Look's like I'm going! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yippee doodle dandy!

Dreadful Scathe
19th-September-2005, 01:47 PM
If you can't think of what to wear, wear nothing. Simple :)

Little Em
20th-September-2005, 10:45 AM
im coming...... :D

when is the fancy dress then?

x

CJ
20th-September-2005, 11:22 AM
when is the fancy dress then?

Am SOOOOOOO looking forward to it all...

Sat night is the Fancy Dress part.

Little Em
20th-September-2005, 11:30 AM
Am SOOOOOOO looking forward to it all...

Sat night is the Fancy Dress part.

is it anything goes.... or is there a theme???? :sick:

cant wait!!!

Dreadful Scathe
20th-September-2005, 12:20 PM
is it anything goes.... or is there a theme???? :sick:

you've not been paying attention have you :rolleyes: you have to dress as a smurf :) well smurfette in your case ;)

JoC
20th-September-2005, 01:20 PM
you have to dress as a smurf :) well smurfette in your case ;)you saying there's no cross-dressing allowed? :sad:

CJ
20th-September-2005, 01:33 PM
you saying there's no cross-dressing allowed? :sad:

DS always dresses as if he's angry!!

Little Em
20th-September-2005, 01:51 PM
you've not been paying attention have you :rolleyes: you have to dress as a smurf :) well smurfette in your case ;)

ill see what i can do! :wink:

jammy
20th-September-2005, 05:01 PM
looks like im going well i have 2 go cauz im gonna be demoin for littleemc-central. ill just need 2 get it off my work or ill just need 2 find a new 1 that will let me.

im crap and dressin up.

jammy

Cruella
28th-September-2005, 07:45 PM
My hubby is going away the weekend of the BFG and i've found someone to look after the kids. :clap: So if i can find flights, is there anyone i know that lives in Glasgow that could put me up on their sofa? Please.

Gadget
28th-September-2005, 08:40 PM
How are you all getting on with your fancy dress?!?!Anyone fancy changing their avatar?
:whistle:

Piglet
28th-September-2005, 09:55 PM
OK Gadget - cough up! Which one of those pictures is really you at Lorna's birthday bash?? ;)

Minnie M
4th-October-2005, 08:10 AM
17 days to go

Woopeee, getting excited now :clap:

killingtime
4th-October-2005, 10:47 AM
17 days to go

Woopeee, getting excited now :clap:

AAAH! I still haven't got tickets (Frank said you can buy them in the venues in Scotland now though?); or booked travel... oh no! I'm excited as long as I can still buy tickets :eek:.

Cruella
4th-October-2005, 07:08 PM
AAAH! I still haven't got tickets (Frank said you can buy them in the venues in Scotland now though?); or booked travel... oh no! I'm excited as long as I can still buy tickets :eek:.
Me neither, i'm going to book flights tonight and worry about accomodation later. There's plenty of park benches in Glasgow :sad: I presumed you could pay for the evening dances at the door is this not the case?

Tiggerbabe
4th-October-2005, 08:25 PM
AAAH! I still haven't got tickets (Frank said you can buy them in the venues in Scotland now though?)
Not sure you'll be able to buy them in Edinburgh KT - best bet would be to drop Franck an e-mail and let him know what exactly you are wanting to do and then send him a cheque if you don't have paypal.

Cruella, I'd advise you to do the same - think the event is actually ticketless (as the venue manager on the day/night will have lists of those who've booked).

killingtime
5th-October-2005, 12:51 AM
Not sure you'll be able to buy them in Edinburgh KT - best bet would be to drop Franck an e-mail and let him know what exactly you are wanting to do and then send him a cheque if you don't have paypal.

That bfg@cerocscotland.com that we should be sending messages to? I did talk with the woman at the door and she gave me a blank look. I'd be happy posting the cheque :D.

Tiggerbabe
5th-October-2005, 12:56 AM
That bfg@cerocscotland.com that we should be sending messages to?
That's the one :hug:

only 16 sleeps now! :clap: :D

killingtime
5th-October-2005, 01:05 AM
That's the one :hug:

Oh; Frank just doesn't want to talk to me then :tears: (I expect he is a busy man). I shall put the cheque in the post (probably forgetting to include things like my address or who I am) tomorrow night anyway.

I'm hoping to do everything. I'm working on my co-location techniques so I can be at three classes simultaneously.

Tiggerbabe
5th-October-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm working on my co-location techniques so I can be at three classes simultaneously.
When you've figured out how to do it, please let the rest of us know :wink: :cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
5th-October-2005, 10:50 PM
The B.F.G. is now only a few weeks away....and only a few people bothered to vote and we had even fewer nominations. I expected this though - too complicated for the lot of you (except for a select few - you know who you are). But now we need votes.......and for as many catagories as you can possibly manage too....

VOTING IS ONE CLICK AWAY

go HERE (http://planetscathe.com/feedback.html) and vote

If you have sent me a PM with a vote it WILL be counted but you can vote again if you like if you feel you were not specific enough.

Cruella
6th-October-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah!!! Flights are booked. Accomodation sorted. Tickets sort of sorted!! Just a costume to work on! Is it compulsary for the saturday night? Haven't really got room in my suitcase for a donkey suit!!

Minnie M
6th-October-2005, 09:19 PM
15 days to go
:wink:

Icey
6th-October-2005, 09:30 PM
15 days to go:wink:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I had better get my **** in gear and sort out a costume. Where can I find a huge paper bag?

WittyBird
6th-October-2005, 10:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I had better get my **** in gear and sort out a costume. Where can I find a huge paper bag?

Buy a roll of brown paper from the Post Office and make your own your guaranteed it to look exactly how u want it then:D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
6th-October-2005, 11:46 PM
I can't think of loads people to vote for! I'll need to have a good long think! So how long is it now? Hope I can remember how to dance by then!:whistle:

Minnie M
11th-October-2005, 11:34 PM
10 days to go
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah: :clap: :yeah:

got changed ready for the trip .....

Tiggerbabe
12th-October-2005, 01:26 AM
10 days to go

got changed ready for the trip .....
Nice tartan Minnie :hug:

Whooo Hooo Hooo! It's getting closer! :clap:

Minnie M
12th-October-2005, 08:10 AM
9 days to go

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
12th-October-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey! I'm booking up tonight, see you all there! Now I just need to go clothes shopping! :sick: too much to buy too little time, and no money by the time I am finished!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
12th-October-2005, 11:31 PM
All booked!!! WooHoo! I'm counting the days!!! :clap:

Minnie M
13th-October-2005, 04:39 PM
8 days to go

Lynn
13th-October-2005, 06:20 PM
8 days to go

Ie - a week tomorrow! :clap:

Still no idea about Saturday night outfit though! :tears:

Cruella
13th-October-2005, 06:32 PM
[/CENTER]

Ie - a week tomorrow! :clap:

Still no idea about Saturday night outfit though! :tears:
So does everyone dress up? Will i be a real party pooper if i don't?:tears:

Minnie M
13th-October-2005, 07:08 PM
So does everyone dress up? Will i be a real party pooper if i don't?:tears:
Don't think it's compulsory - there is always some we don't like dressing up, I wouldn't worry - mind you you might see a few 'Cruellas' :whistle:

Have nearly decided what I will go as, really gutted I can't go as my own avatar :tears: I do hope I will see at least one Minnie there :flower:

only 8 days to go :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lynn
13th-October-2005, 08:02 PM
So does everyone dress up? Will i be a real party pooper if i don't?:tears:Unless I can find something in my wardrobe then I won't be dressing up either. I don't have the resources at present to be too creative. I'm sure (or hope) I won't be the only one. I know some people put a lot of effort into it and I'm sure there will be some fab outfits.

If only I could come as my avatar, I'd only need a green bow then :whistle: (and lots of purple!)

Minnie M
13th-October-2005, 08:06 PM
who's staying at the Angus ?

Mary
13th-October-2005, 08:13 PM

We are. See you in the bar. :wink: :cheers:

M

Minnie M
13th-October-2005, 08:14 PM
We are. See you in the bar. :wink: :cheers:

M
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 12:06 AM
See you in the bar. :wink: :cheers:

You're on :wink:

Night Owl
14th-October-2005, 12:37 AM
Can I gate crash the bar

Tiggerbabe
14th-October-2005, 12:41 AM
No - you don't need to gate crash, just come through the door :D

Minnie M
14th-October-2005, 08:00 AM
Can I gate crash the bar
:yeah: Be great to see you Iain :hug:

BTW

Minnie M
14th-October-2005, 08:01 AM
Can I gate crash the bar
:yeah: Be great to see you Iain :hug:

BTW

7 days to go

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-October-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't have any party outfits ready yet :sick: I've got loads of stuff to wear for the workshops, but no party clothes!! I'll be doin some serious shopping next week!!!!!!!

Dizzy
14th-October-2005, 01:33 PM

I am too!!! :clap: :cheers: :hug:

See you there on friday!! :hug:

killingtime
14th-October-2005, 01:50 PM
I am too!!! :clap: :cheers: :hug:

Me too! (I think :blush: ) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
14th-October-2005, 01:55 PM
:clap: The Angus Rules :clap:
NG & I will be there from Thursday - so will introduce you to the bar staff :whistle:

BTW the poll isn't quite right, Andy McG is not going but DavidB is - not sure who else is on the wrong vote

Northants Girly
14th-October-2005, 02:11 PM
:clap: The Angus Rules :clap:
NG & I will be there from Thursday - so will introduce you to the bar staff :whistle:
and there was me thinkin we were goin sightseeing Thursday afternoon . . . . .

think I'm in danger of being lead astray . . . . :whistle:

jammy
14th-October-2005, 06:31 PM
thats me got my costume sorted:clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-October-2005, 08:36 PM
damn. im very gealous jammy

Minnie M
15th-October-2005, 12:12 PM
damn. im very gealous jammy
If you have a red kilt, you could go as my avatar :whistle: who IMHO is the sexiest avatar on the forum :flower: :clap: :worthy:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
15th-October-2005, 02:31 PM
If you have a red kilt, you could go as my avatar :whistle: who IMHO is the sexiest avatar on the forum :flower: :clap: :worthy:

Yes, 'if' I had one, lol. I'm going shopping on monday for lots of clothes so i'll see what I find. I wonder where I could find a red kilt? :whistle:

Lynn
15th-October-2005, 02:57 PM
If you have a red kilt, you could go as my avatar :whistle: who IMHO is the sexiest avatar on the forum :flower: :clap: :worthy:And what do I have lurking in the back of the wardrobe that narrowly escaped the charity shop bag last week...:whistle:

Minnie M
15th-October-2005, 03:52 PM
well that's my costume sorta sorted - glue everywhere tho :eek:

doc martin
15th-October-2005, 03:54 PM
well that's my costume sorta sorted - glue everywhere tho :eek:
So you are going as CJ :really: :eek:

ducasi
16th-October-2005, 07:53 PM
I've heard a "cunning and evil" forumette has come up with a sneaky plan for her costume with the help of another forumette.

All I can say is...

:worthy:

:wink:

Dizzy
17th-October-2005, 10:26 AM
Just a little query......

I am getting the early flight to Glasgow airport and was just wondering what the best (and cheapest) way of getting from the Airport to the Angus hotel would be? :confused:

I know that I can catch a cab for about £18 but I just wondered if there was a train I could get from the Airport to the centre of Glasgow.

Northants Girly
17th-October-2005, 10:33 AM

I am getting the early flight to Glasgow airport and was just wondering what the best (and cheapest) way of getting from the Airport to the Angus hotel would be? :confused:

I know that I can catch a cab for about £18 but I just wondered if there was a train I could get from the Airport to the centre of Glasgow.Which flight are you on Dizzy?

There maybe be someone else on the same one :)

Lynn
17th-October-2005, 10:33 AM

I know that I can catch a cab for about £18 but I just wondered if there was a train I could get from the Airport to the centre of Glasgow.The airport website might have details - most airports have either a rail link or bus link to the city centres which would def be cheaper.

Dizzy
17th-October-2005, 11:02 AM
Which flight are you on Dizzy?

There maybe be someone else on the same one :)

I am catching the 7.10am flight from Luton getting to Glasgow at 9am.

Northants Girly
17th-October-2005, 11:04 AM
I am catching the 7.10am flight from Luton getting to Glasgow at 9am.which day?

killingtime
17th-October-2005, 11:17 AM
which day?

Dizzy is getting in on Friday (I assume that this knowledge can be shared). I'm getting to Buchanan Bus Stn at 10:05 with my 74 suitcases* of stuff.

*estimated

Dizzy
17th-October-2005, 11:18 AM
Sorry :blush:

I am going on friday.

killingtime
17th-October-2005, 11:33 AM
The airport website might have details - most airports have either a rail link or bus link to the city centres which would def be cheaper.

It does have details :). Lets see if the link is some useless session link though. Bus times are here (http://www.glasgowairport.com/portal/controller/dispatcher.jsp?CiID=e82539a1ac362010VgnVCM10000014 7e120a____&CtID=448c6a4c7f1b0010VgnVCM200000357e120a____&Ct=B2C_CT_GENERAL&RootCh=Getting%20to%20or%20from%20our%20Airport&Ch=By+Bus&ChID=917839a1ac362010VgnVCM100000147e120a____&ChPath=GLA%5ETo+and+from+our+Airport%5EBy+Bus&ChIDPath=741697dc2eb12010VgnVCM100000147e120a____% 5E3bb697dc2eb12010VgnVCM100000147e120a____%5E91783 9a1ac362010VgnVCM100000147e120a____) with buses every 10 minutes taking around 25 minutes to get into the city centre and cost £5 return.

The train station is apparently a wee while away but you can get a bus to the train station if you'd prefer to go that way.

I wish I had checked that out before I had got my tickets :rolleyes:.

Dreadful Scathe
17th-October-2005, 12:26 PM
If its Glasgow Airport get the bus.

If its PRESTWICK airport which is sometime labelled as Glasgow - get the train, its right next to the airport via a walkway and takes 30 mins.

Northants Girly
17th-October-2005, 02:06 PM
I've been getting really confused about where we are staying (sorry Minnie - I know you have told me a thousand times now! :rolleyes: )

But I think the reason for it is this. In July 2005 the Angus Hotel was renamed as the Argyll Guest House. (although our email confirmation still said Angus Hotel on it).
The Argyll Hotel (which has the restaurant and bar) is the posher one over the road.

Angus Hotel/now Argyll Guest House (http://www.angushotelglasgow.co.uk/)

Argyll Hotel (http://www.argyllhotelglasgow.co.uk/hotel.htm)

phew! :D

Minnie M
17th-October-2005, 05:05 PM

Lory's post number 10 on this thread dated 1st-June-2005, 11:30 AM

ShinyWeeStar
17th-October-2005, 07:37 PM
Hiya,

Have just had my place confirmed for the Saturday workshops and t-dance! :clap:

Is anyone else travelling through from the Perth/Dundee direction that day? I'm quite happy going on my own, but thought if someone else is doing the same it might be nice to travel there and/or back together :nice:

As I'll be getting the bus (tends to be somewhat cheaper than the train :rolleyes: ), I was also wondering what the best way to get from the bus station to the venue is? Can I get a bus pretty much from A to B, or is it easier to take a taxi? I don't really know Glasgow you see, so I've no idea :confused:

Hope someone can help! Thanks :flower:

CJ
18th-October-2005, 11:09 AM
On the subject of transport...

I am based in Fife, but not a kick in the pants from Edin...

I shall be making my way to Gla early Fri eve.

I am returning to East side Fri, Sat and Sun after the events.

AM happy to pick up/meet anyone where needed.

If you need a hand, please PM me...

Travel safe: see you all in 3 sleeps...:D

Minnie M
18th-October-2005, 11:13 AM
Travel safe: see you all in 3 sleeps...:D
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

CJ
19th-October-2005, 04:05 PM
The B.F.G. is now only a few weeks away....and only a few people bothered to vote and we had even fewer nominations. I expected this though - too complicated for the lot of you (except for a select few - you know who you are). But now we need votes.......and for as many catagories as you can possibly manage too....

VOTING IS ONE CLICK AWAY

go HERE (http://planetscathe.com/feedback.html) and vote

If you have sent me a PM with a vote it WILL be counted but you can vote again if you like if you feel you were not specific enough.

DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (where's the "phew" smillie??)

Minnie M
19th-October-2005, 05:39 PM
Well I am at the start of my journey to Scotland - writing this at my son's gaff in Amersham, staying here tonight and he is taking me to Luton Airport for a Campari & Soda (woops sorry got carried away then)

Taking me to Luton Aiport for our 11am flight :clap: :clap:

Only one more sleep for me ........................

Tiggerbabe
19th-October-2005, 06:10 PM
See you soon Minnie, hope you enjoy your flight and have a pleasant journey to the Angus :hug:

Nursey Lou
20th-October-2005, 08:17 AM
Hello From Borneo !!!!!

I'm travelling to the BFG from Borneo Via Manchester :yeah:
I've almost finished my 2 week holiday!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and dancing till the last man leaves the dance floor HaHa :D

See you all in a few days

Nursey Lou x

Minnie M
20th-October-2005, 08:28 AM
Leaving now for the airport - see ya all later :clap: :cheers: :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

Missy D
20th-October-2005, 09:23 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: I'm not going!!!!!!:tears: :tears: :tears:

Have a great time everyone!!!!! I'm not jealous!!!!!!!!!:tears: :tears:

carolinemcewan
20th-October-2005, 05:41 PM
HOw many people do you all think will be there? the poll suggests less than a ceroc night in Stirling... oh dear! Is that just through laziness do you think?

Funky Si
20th-October-2005, 07:46 PM
See you all up there tommorow (flying up early morning)!!

Hope U Like My set!! :nice:

Funky Si:waycool:

Cruella
21st-October-2005, 08:21 AM
Be in scotland in 4 hours, Yippee :clap: :clap: See you all soon.:flower:

Lynn
21st-October-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm leaving work in less than 2 hours - straight to the airport.

So will be in Glasgow soon! :clap:

Lynn
21st-October-2005, 11:40 AM
Have even remembered to vote! :clap:

(Which worries me, what have I forgotten to do/pack...)

clevedonboy
21st-October-2005, 11:51 AM
Off soon - will be at the Argyll around 6ish

CJ
21st-October-2005, 11:55 AM
See you all up there tommorow (flying up early morning)!!

Hope U Like My set!! :nice:

Funky Si:waycool:

Si, I've seen it: you have a great set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Really looking forward to working with you again.:cheers:

Lou
21st-October-2005, 12:26 PM
Off soon - will be at the Argyll around 6ish
Wait for meeeeeeeeeee.......

Piglet
21st-October-2005, 12:28 PM
Guess I'd better start getting ready too....:D

CJ
21st-October-2005, 12:32 PM
Guess I'd better start getting ready too....:D

If you're doing your make up, should you not have started by now?!?:whistle: :whistle:

Night Owl
21st-October-2005, 12:41 PM
wey hey heading south soon too see you all tonight:clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-October-2005, 01:50 PM
Ooh, its not long now! :D ... I should probably start getting ready soon, but, the forum, there's so much to read! A wee while longer wouldn't hurt :whistle: