PDA

View Full Version : BFG 2005: Costumed?

Gadget
27th-May-2005, 10:46 PM
Last BFG we had everyone try and dress up as their avatar - should we do it this year? Would people just use the same costume? Would folks just change their avatar?

Thoughts?

philsmove
27th-May-2005, 11:34 PM
duno mate

El Salsero Gringo
28th-May-2005, 12:37 AM
Any volunteers to be my back end?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
28th-May-2005, 06:33 AM
My Avatars too boring, there's no point me dressing up :rofl:

David Bailey
28th-May-2005, 11:35 AM
Well if Chicklet's dressing up as her avatar, I'd be tempted to fly up :drool:

Gadget
29th-May-2005, 02:24 AM
Well if Chicklet's dressing up as her avatar, I'd be tempted to fly up :drool:
Dressing up? That's her normal dance wear! :wink:

JoC
29th-May-2005, 10:07 AM
Costumes! :clap: I don't care what the theme is as long as there's dressing up involved. (Not that I'm trying to compensate for anything like my dancing :whistle: ) Maybe there could be a new theme as avatars were done last year? (Says she who doesn't have an avatar and wasn't there).... circus, medieval, nursery rhymes, animals, etc etc etc so many possibilities, not that I'd want anyone to look daft... I'm off to look for my first avatar in preparation just in case.

Lynn
29th-May-2005, 10:19 AM
If I dressed up as my avatar I'd have to be small, round and purple! :tears:

ducasi
29th-May-2005, 10:51 AM
Last BFG we had everyone try and dress up as their avatar - should we do it this year? I'm not one for "dressing up". I like to wear what I'm comfortable and cool in. :waycool:

I don't think I'd be either, dressed up as an ice cream cone. I don't even know how I'd dress up as an ice cream cone.

Likewise, Gadget, how would you dress up as whatever that thing is that is your avatar?

I'm cool with a t-shirt with my ice cream cone on the front. And maybe some sort of forum logo on the rear. Which takes us back to this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5198).

drathzel
29th-May-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm not one for "dressing up". I like to wear what I'm comfortable and cool in. :waycool:

Mosy people only dress up for an hour or so then change into their party gear, and its only for the sat night party!

Anyway its most fun trying to dance in costume!!!

:D

Gadget
29th-May-2005, 08:19 PM
Photos of the last BFG are in this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3653&page=5&pp=20)

Purple Sparkler
31st-May-2005, 09:54 AM
Any volunteers to be my back end?

*explodes under pressure of huge number of rude jokes suddenly springing to mind*

That said, I'd pay good money to see you actually dressed up as an ass.

I like the costuming idea. Could it be forum names OR avatars though, in case I can't find a blue puff-sleeved dress in Oxfam?

Rhythm King
31st-May-2005, 11:08 AM
Mosy people only dress up for an hour or so then change into their party gear, and its only for the sat night party!

Anyway its most fun trying to dance in costume!!!

I seem to remember you really went to town with your costume last year :whistle:

So is this year's comp gonna be coming as someone else's avatar?

R-K :waycool:

CJ
31st-May-2005, 12:31 PM

FANTASTIC idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicklet
31st-May-2005, 12:41 PM
Dressing up? That's her normal dance wear! :wink:
ah...many a true word spoken in jest...but it's actually very supportive of the er, BACK of course...for the record, that little number went to the R66 X-mas special....but I was only there for decorative purposes, and to drink the gin, or so I've been told :innocent: :yum: :grin:

Tiggerbabe
31st-May-2005, 12:41 PM
Alternative Avatar dressing up - sounds good to me :D :clap:

CJ
31st-May-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm not one for "dressing up". I like to wear what I'm comfortable and cool in. :waycool:

Maybe it's time you dressed up, then, as I haven't seen you be cool in anything so far!! :rofl: :rofl:

:blush:

drathzel
31st-May-2005, 12:56 PM
I seem to remember you really went to town with your costume last year :whistle:

R-K :waycool:

I wasnt talking about last year :yum: !!!!

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 01:11 PM
Alternative Avatar dressing up - sounds good to me :D :clap:

I see CJ as a smurf :) dunno what i see me as, maybe Ill go as shakira :)

CJ
31st-May-2005, 01:26 PM
I see CJ as a smurf :)

Takes one to know one, blue boy!!!!!!! :cheers:

ducasi
31st-May-2005, 01:53 PM
Maybe it's time you dressed up, then, as I haven't seen you be cool in anything so far!! :rofl: :rofl:

:blush: Ouch! :really:

I'll have you know I've had people stop me on class nights to admire various articles of my clothing. :yum:

OK, maybe what I wear isn't quite as classy as a kilt, but when I was made to wear a kilt as a boy I don't remember it being either cool or comfortable. :wink:

Graham
31st-May-2005, 02:10 PM
I'll have you know I've had people stop me on class nights to admire various articles of my clothing. :yum:
:blush: Er, I don't know how to put this, but actually you know those people who are all smiles and want to show your outfit to their friends, take photos with you, etc? Well, I'm not sure I'd call them "admirers" as such..... :wink:

ducasi
31st-May-2005, 02:13 PM
:blush: Er, I don't know how to put this, but actually you know those people who are all smiles and want to show your outfit to their friends, take photos with you, etc? Hmm... I've seen the photos of you in your pink panther outfit... :eek: :rolleyes: :wink:

Graham
31st-May-2005, 02:17 PM
Hmm... I've seen the photos of you in your pink panther outfit... :eek: :rolleyes: :wink:
Really? Do you have a large collection of pictures of me? :what:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 02:21 PM
I've got the 'HELLO' magazine spread ! :)

Graham
31st-May-2005, 02:30 PM
I've got the 'HELLO' magazine spread ! :)
:grin: Great! If Mrs DS speaks to me nicely I could autograph it for you if you like!

ducasi
31st-May-2005, 02:33 PM
I keep them on this web site. (http://tinyurl.com/r8ph) :wink:

drathzel
9th-July-2005, 04:00 AM
DS.... i think you should come as my avatar..... you'd look great as a blonde :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-July-2005, 12:07 PM
DS.... i think you should come as my avatar..... you'd look great as a blonde :rofl:
i already have secret plans :)

CJ
29th-August-2005, 11:48 AM
i already have secret plans :)

Me, too.

ALL sorted.

Is particularly worrying, as this years costume is not, in principle, overly different from last years!! :eek:

:tears: :tears:

Minnie M
29th-August-2005, 11:55 AM
Anyone thinking of dressing like my avatar - here are some of my outfits :-

Northants Girly
29th-August-2005, 04:57 PM
Last BFG we had everyone try and dress up as their avatar - should we do it this year? No no no! :eek:

Bad idea!

Minnie M
29th-August-2005, 05:03 PM
No no no! :eek:

Bad idea!
:rofl: Don't worry NG your avatar keeps changing anyway
:flower:

Sparkles
30th-August-2005, 09:59 AM
Although I would love to see someone go to the BFG as an emu (or is it an ostrich?)!!!

Clive Long
30th-August-2005, 12:30 PM
Although I would love to see someone go to the BFG as an emu (or is it an ostrich?)!!!
... and someone could go as Michael Parkinson and re-enact the greatest televised man/ostrich punch-up ..

.. or someone could go as that 70's comedian - Bernie someone who - used to do a sketch where he was riding a(n imitation) wayward ostrich. I was always a bit worried, even with my naive view of the world, of the position of man relative to ostrich ... :whistle:

... this was entertainment in the 1970's ... you didn't miss much.

CRL

killingtime
21st-September-2005, 03:45 PM

I wouldn't. It would peck out your eyes :eek:.

Sorry; I'll get over my irrational fear of Northants Girly's avatar one day :sick:.

Minnie M
21st-September-2005, 05:58 PM
Is there two threads about the 'fancy dress' :confused:

Anyway, do we have to pick an avatar of a forumite going to the BFG or can it be any one :flower:

Tiggerbabe
21st-September-2005, 06:06 PM
Just pick one you like Minnie - :wink: can't wait to see what one you choose :D

LMC
21st-September-2005, 06:09 PM
My costume is sorted :clap:

:non-existent smug smiley:

JoC
21st-September-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm convinced everyone will appear as the same avatar, that'd be kind of amusing....to me.... a whole room full of *insert the most popular avatar*'s

Like an elvis convention without the elvi.

CJ
22nd-September-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm convinced everyone will appear as the same avatar, that'd be kind of amusing....to me.... a whole room full of *insert the most popular avatar*'s

Like an elvis convention without the elvi.

Knowing whose avatar I'm coming as, I'll be VERY impressed if we're all the same one!! :eek: :worthy:

Little Monkey
22nd-September-2005, 10:51 AM
Ummm...

So we're definitely doing the 'dressing up as someone elses avatar' thing, then??

Confused Monkey

CJ
22nd-September-2005, 11:52 AM
Ummm...

So we're definitely doing the 'dressing up as someone elses avatar' thing, then??

Confused Monkey
Aye, on the Sat. Prizes await, allegedly.
Franck has put it on the printed flyers, too...

killingtime
22nd-September-2005, 11:59 AM
Aye, on the Sat. Prizes await, allegedly.
Franck has put it on the printed flyers, too...

Does anyone have a 6' brown paper bag?

CJ
22nd-September-2005, 12:00 PM

Gus does. It's the only way peole will dance with him!! :wink:

Little Monkey
23rd-September-2005, 05:48 PM

Oi!

Actually, that was my plan until they changed it all, and said you have to come as someone elses avatar! :tears: :tears: :tears:

Don't know what to come as, now....... :(

LM

ps - have you seen the pics from last year? At least I had a brown paper bag over my head, but didn't have time to make one to cover all of me!

Minnie M
23rd-September-2005, 05:55 PM
I can see there will be quite a few Zebras, Smurfs and Tiggers (hopefully a few Minnies too) other than those most the avatars are quite uninteresting for fancy dress :sad: (I have half decided what I will be dressed as :D )

Aleks
23rd-September-2005, 05:56 PM
I can see there will be quite a few Zebras, Smurfs and Tiggers (hopefully a few Minnies too) other than those most the avatars are quite uninteresting for fancy dress :sad: (I have half decided what I will be dressed as :D )

I'm not so sure.....anyone with a big ass (like me) will surely consider coming as ESG.....

carolinemcewan
23rd-September-2005, 08:15 PM
I've always idolised my avatar She-ra Warrior Princess since I was little. MUm told me people dress up as their avatars at these events which is why I chose it, now I've got to pick someone elses???? A challenge? I like it!!!!!

Little Monkey
23rd-September-2005, 09:20 PM
Uh-oh......

I think I know which avatar to go as..... Just need lots of cheap material in the right colours, lots of wire, and lots of patience to make the bloody outfit!!!! :sick:

And it's going to be a challenge to dance in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LM

Whitebeard
23rd-September-2005, 10:42 PM
... this was entertainment in the 1970's ... you didn't miss much.
They don't even try these days. So there'll be nothing to forget. ;-))

That other one.

ducasi
24th-September-2005, 01:40 AM
I have half decided what I will be dressed as :D Top half or bottom half? :wink:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-September-2005, 01:39 PM
I have decided which avatar I would like to go as, now I just need to figure out how to put the costume together! :eek:

carolinemcewan
24th-September-2005, 06:01 PM
So embarraseed, as much as my love is for she-ra, she's not a a warrior princess!!!! That's the fake wannabe she-ra 'Xena!'. She-ra's the Princess of Power!!!! I think C J would be great in her outfit!

CJ
24th-September-2005, 06:38 PM
So embarraseed, as much as my love is for she-ra, she's not a a warrior princess!!!! That's the fake wannabe she-ra 'Xena!'. She-ra's the Princess of Power!!!! I think C J would be great in her outfit!

CJ is sorted thank you, very much!!

So u can stick your She-Ra idea up ur ass!! :D lol....

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

carolinemcewan
25th-September-2005, 02:59 PM
CJ is sorted thank you, very much!!

So u can stick your She-Ra idea up ur ass!! :D lol....

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

That's not what you said last night! ;) There will come a time CJ, you'll suddenly get the inspiration to become She-ra and rule as princess of power. It'll probably jump into your head when you suddenly stand still mid-dance thinking of a next move!!!!! :yum:

CJ
26th-September-2005, 09:17 AM
It'll probably jump into your head when you suddenly stand still mid-dance thinking of a next move!!!!! :yum:

Cazza,

When we dance, the LAST thing that jumps into my head is the next move!! :devil:

azande
26th-September-2005, 09:19 AM
Cazza,

When we dance, the LAST thing that jumps into my head is the next move!! :devil:
:rofl: :rofl:

Icey
5th-October-2005, 08:02 PM
Having major problems with the costume! Because I've lost some weight :grin: none of my clothes fit - they keep sliding down :blush: or I find that in a fit of clearing out I dumped them at a charity shop several weeks ago :angry: :angry:

Anyone else having problems or do you all have it sorted? :eek: At this rate I'll be coming as Little Monkeys avatar - a paper bag!

Lynn
5th-October-2005, 08:29 PM
Anyone else having problems or do you all have it sorted? :eek: No.
At this rate I'll be coming as Little Monkeys avatar - a paper bag! Ah, sorted now!

Seriously, is everyone coming as an avatar?

killingtime
5th-October-2005, 11:45 PM
Anyone else having problems or do you all have it sorted? :eek: At this rate I'll be coming as Little Monkeys avatar - a paper bag!

Hey! That was my idea too :D. Can anyone lend me a taxi dancer T-shirt? I'll come as Frank instead :).

Icey
10th-October-2005, 05:34 PM
Right, getting there now. But bloomin' sisters!

I texted her to see if she had some vital parts of my costume available for borrowing and all I got in reply was " Who have you met? I didn't think you were into kinky dress up sh*t" :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

doc martin
10th-October-2005, 07:18 PM
Having major problems with the costume! Because I've lost some weight :grin: none of my clothes fit - they keep sliding down :blush:
Should be OK to come as CJs avatar then :whistle: :rofl:

Icey
10th-October-2005, 07:36 PM
Should be OK to come as CJs avatar then :whistle: :rofl:

I was thinking more along the lines of Chicklet but it would be indecent and I certainly couldn't dance :blush:

Dreadful Scathe
10th-October-2005, 08:16 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of Chicklet but it would be indecent and I certainly couldn't dance :blush:

Just like Chicklet then....:rofl:

sorry :blush: