PDA

View Full Version : Disaster!

Lory
27th-May-2005, 04:32 PM
Don't laugh :blush: I've put my mobile though a whole 40deg wash cycle :eek: and it's very DEAD :tears:

I've managed to get the same number again but lost all the numbers on it, so if you have my number on your phone, please can you drop me a text with your name :flower: :cheers: :hug:

Graham
27th-May-2005, 05:04 PM
if you have my number on your phone, please can you drop me a text with your name :flower: :cheers: :hug:

Alternatively drop her a text with an anonymous enigmatic message - much more fun! :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-May-2005, 05:08 PM
Don't laugh :blush: I've put my mobile though a whole 40deg wash cycle :eek: and it's very DEAD :tears:

I've managed to get the same number again but lost all the numbers on it, so if you have my number on your phone, please can you drop me a text with your name :flower: :cheers: :hug:
are u sure the sim is dead? or did you not store the numbers on the sim ?

TheTramp
27th-May-2005, 05:10 PM
Alternatively drop her a text with an anonymous enigmatic message - much more fun! :rofl:
I did that. And got a message back to say that my number was still stored on her earlier phone, and she knew who it was :tears:

Lory
27th-May-2005, 05:14 PM
Alternatively drop her a text with an anonymous enigmatic message - much more fun! :rofl:Too late, I've had a couple of those already! :blush: :whistle:

But I caught one out :na: :clap:

and I'll suss the other naughty person out eventually! :devil: :wink: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-May-2005, 05:14 PM
so if your sim is ok and its just the phone thats broke - go here

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7780476302&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51507

and buy a sim reader/writer for £4.99 its a handy thing to have for anyone else too

Lory
27th-May-2005, 05:19 PM
so if your sim is ok and its just the phone thats broke - go here The whole lots caput BUT I've still got my old phone with some of the numbers still on it! :nice:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7780476302&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51507

and buy a sim reader/writer for £4.99 its a handy thing to have for anyone else too
Thats a brilliant idea...gonna get one NOW! :cheers:

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 06:27 PM
I've sent you a business card - well I think I have :innocent:

Did it twice, cors the first time I sent it to myself :whistle:

Lory
27th-May-2005, 06:32 PM
I've sent you a business card - well I think I have :innocent:

Got that thanks Minnie + yet another :whistle: one! :rolleyes: Aww well, it appears I'm popular :really: to say the least! :what:

Dreadful Scathe
27th-May-2005, 07:58 PM
i dont have your number :( not in my black book

minnie: get the mouse picture back - you do not look like that!! :)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
27th-May-2005, 08:09 PM
minnie: get the mouse picture back

I agree, put it back please :nice: I MISS THE OLD MINNIE! :tears:

David Bailey
27th-May-2005, 09:10 PM
I agree, put it back please :nice: I MISS THE OLD MINNIE! :tears:
Well, I like it - stick to your guns, girl!
:clap:

Barry Shnikov
27th-May-2005, 11:25 PM

I think you'll find the manufacturers recommend a wipe with a damp cloth. And, for future reference, the same goes for laptops, toasters, and so forth...

Northants Girly
28th-May-2005, 12:39 AM
I think you'll find the manufacturers recommend a wipe with a damp cloth. And, for future reference, the same goes for laptops, toasters, and so forth...Well I don't know . . . I once put the remote control for my telly through the wash and it worked perfectly ok afterwards :na:
and it was SO clean! :D

angelique
28th-May-2005, 08:14 PM
Well I don't know . . . I once put the remote control for my telly through the wash and it worked perfectly ok afterwards :na:
and it was SO clean! :D
Would it do the same with 3 kids in it? if I use a soft delicate cycle?? :whistle: :what:

Would save me LOADS of time......

frodo
28th-May-2005, 09:44 PM

I did the same thing ( phones are just too small these days).

The SIM card was undamaged.

The thing was the phone just started working again almost exactly a week later ( just a few hours after I'd bought a new phone )

Minnie M
28th-May-2005, 10:30 PM
i dont have your number :( not in my black book

minnie: get the mouse picture back - you do not look like that!! :)
thank you DS :hug:
:rofl: I've had so much fun with this site (South Park characters) :rofl:

Sheepman
30th-May-2005, 01:03 PM
The thing was the phone just started working again almost exactly a week later Seems fair enough, even if the phone was OK, it would take a while for the LCD to dry out. But don't leave the battery connected while it's drying out. And more important, don't put the phone in the microwave or the oven to dry it out! :wink: :devil:

The SIM card reader won't be a lot of help if you only store numbers in your phone's memory...

Greg

El Salsero Gringo
30th-May-2005, 02:32 PM
And more important, don't put the phone in the microwave or the oven to dry it out! :wink: :devil: You've just reminded me of one time when I dropped my mobile in the sink. It still worked but had some water in it, so I popped it into the oven for a few minutes to dry out. Which would have been fine, but I forgot about it, and 30 minutes later it had melted into a puddle.

oops.

Heather
31st-May-2005, 07:46 AM
You've just reminded me of one time when I dropped my mobile in the sink. It still worked but had some water in it, so I popped it into the oven for a few minutes to dry out. Which would have been fine, but I forgot about it, and 30 minutes later it had melted into a puddle.

oops.

You stupid Ass !!! :wink:

:hug:
Heather
xx

bobgadjet
31st-May-2005, 11:21 AM
You've just reminded me of one time when I dropped my mobile in the sink. It still worked but had some water in it, so I popped it into the oven for a few minutes to dry out. Which would have been fine, but I forgot about it, and 30 minutes later it had melted into a puddle.

oops.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl:

You crease me up sometimes :rofl:

El Salsero Gringo
31st-May-2005, 11:46 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl:

You crease me up sometimes :rofl:Mind you, my (mechanical, self-winding, non electronic) wristwatch has emerged unscathed from a hot wash spin and dry cycle.

And then there was that time as a child when I decided that my Mum's computer was a bit grubby inside, so as a surprise I stripped it down to the motherboard and washed it in a sink full of soapy water....

Northants Girly
31st-May-2005, 11:54 AM
And then there was that time as a child when I decided that my Mum's computer was a bit grubby inside, so as a surprise I stripped it down to the motherboard and washed it in a sink full of soapy water....What on earth were you doing inside your mothers computer? :na:

and - if when you were a child, your mother had a computer . . . . . then you must be very very young! :rolleyes:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-May-2005, 01:24 PM
wristwatch has emerged unscathed

:really: give it over here then....

El Salsero Gringo
31st-May-2005, 11:12 PM
What on earth were you doing inside your mothers computer? :na:

and - if when you were a child, your mother had a computer . . . . . then you must be very very young! :rolleyes:My Mother's first computer was a Sinclair ZX80 in 1979...

bobgadjet
1st-June-2005, 12:05 AM
My Mother's first computer was a Sinclair ZX80 in 1979...
I thought that was a funny kind of bike ?

El Salsero Gringo
1st-June-2005, 12:11 AM
I thought that was a funny kind of bike ?No, it was a funny white plastic computer thing, with 1k of memory, programmable in BASIC via a touch-sensitive keyboard, and it used to overheat something chronic. So we used a bag of frozen peas as a heatsink. I still have the ZX80 in a drawer somewhere.

The computer that I 'washed' was an Apple ][ which she bought the following year. It had a whopping 48k of memory. I still have that one too.