PDA

View Full Version : Would you dance with a Bored Dancer

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 09:16 PM
Some dancers look totally bored and totally disinterested dancing - would you dance with a bored dancer ?

DianaS
26th-May-2005, 09:34 PM
Some dancers look totally bored and totally disinterested dancing - would you dance with a bored dancer ?
No I'd tickle him :innocent:

Whitebeard
26th-May-2005, 10:33 PM
No I'd tickle him

I wouldn't dare tickle her.

Could be misconstrued !!!

Gadget
26th-May-2005, 11:06 PM
Do they? And how would you know unless you are dancing with them? By that time it's too late to say "no, I'm not dancing with you"... although I suppose you could walk off the dance floor.

Wouldn't a better question be "What do you do when dancing with a 'bored' dancer?"

Whitebeard
26th-May-2005, 11:28 PM
There are times when it is difficult to read the situation. Sometimes, I'm sure, I am so enamoured of the music and the connection that I go into that dreamlike mode where my partner might well get this impression. I hope the smile (one day I'm going to develop the confidence to start hugging my partners) and 'thank you', at the end, dispels that notion.

MartinHarper
26th-May-2005, 11:33 PM
This is only a problem for people who care about the other person's enjoyment. It's like conversations. When the other person's eyes start to roll back in their head as they drift into a catatonic state, it probably means they'll stay for the rest of my story. Plus I can steal their money before they realise I've finished talking.

spindr
26th-May-2005, 11:59 PM
Well what else would suggest doing with a dancer who's bored stiff?

SpinDr.

Gary
27th-May-2005, 02:16 AM
I guess it shows that I'm insecure, but if a girl looks really bored when they're dancing with me, I usually don't ask her to dance again. This has only happened a few times, and only with girls who are much better dancers than me. I can understand them being bored, but it's obviously not fun for them, and that makes it not fun for me, so why bother?

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 07:54 AM
Do they? And how would you know unless you are dancing with them? By that time it's too late to say "no, I'm not dancing with you"... although I suppose you could walk off the dance floor.

Wouldn't a better question be "What do you do when dancing with a 'bored' dancer?"

True :yeah: too late to edit now :flower:

Piglet
27th-May-2005, 08:23 AM
Sorry - haven't voted because none of the votes are me!

I'm too busy enjoying myself that I haven't noticed anyone looking bored whilst they're dancing.

Although I have tried that tact to give a guy the hint that I wasn't enjoying the dance - but he was too dense to get it with my (obviously not) subtle (enough) attempt cos he still asked me to dance again :tears: (where's the icon for screaming??) :rofl:

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 08:27 AM
Sorry - haven't voted because none of the votes are me!

I'm too busy enjoying myself that I haven't noticed anyone looking bored whilst they're dancing.

Although I have tried that tact to give a guy the hint that I wasn't enjoying the dance - but he was too dense to get it with my (obviously not) subtle (enough) attempt cos he still asked me to dance again :tears: (where's the icon for screaming??) :rofl:
Another good reason for wanting to move to Scotland :tears:

Piglet
27th-May-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm sure you would be made to feel very welcome Minnie! :flower:

David Bailey
27th-May-2005, 08:38 AM
(one day I'm going to develop the confidence to start hugging my partners)
:eek:

Is a post-dance hug good etiquette? I'd feel a bit uncomfortable with any post-dance hugs for someone I didn't know... Although I'm completely on-board with the notion of during-dance huggage :)

Guess it's the whole "What happens on the dance floor, stays on the dance floor" ethos... :innocent:

Piglet
27th-May-2005, 08:40 AM
Is a post-dance hug good etiquette?

If its with Trampy then yep - mmmmmmmm! :drool:

Yogi_Bear
27th-May-2005, 08:52 AM
Some dancers look totally bored and totally disinterested dancing - would you dance with a bored dancer ?On the assumption that I had watched such people dancing with others, the answer would almost certainly be - I would not ask them to dance. If I have already started dancing with someone and they adopt the 'I would rather be doing anything else than dancing with you and am incredibly bored ' look, then I will make more eye contact and smile and try to awaken some interest - if that fails then I'm usually praying for the song to end.... :sick:

David Bailey
27th-May-2005, 09:13 AM
If I have already started dancing with someone and they adopt the 'I would rather be doing anything else than dancing with you and am incredibly bored ' look, then I will make more eye contact and smile and try to awaken some interest - if that fails then I'm usually praying for the song to end.... :sick:
:yeah:
Fortunately, not much of that in MJ venues. It's pretty common with some women in salsa though - another demonstration of why MJ people are nicer than salsa people :flower:

Lou
27th-May-2005, 09:27 AM
:yeah:
Fortunately, not much of that in MJ venues. It's pretty common with some women in salsa though - another demonstration of why MJ people are nicer than salsa people :flower:
Meh. I want to a freestyle recently & had the most boring dance with the teacher there. He didn't look at me, and I just got the impression he didn't want to be there. However, I was comforted to watch him later to see that he was like it with pretty much all the ladies.

It hasn't really inspired me to go to any of his classes, though.

bigdjiver
27th-May-2005, 12:25 PM
I look upon a bored lady as a challenge. If I fail to unbore her I rarely try again. If I ever notice her unbored, I try to learn from the leader.

Daisy Chain
27th-May-2005, 12:31 PM
:eek:

Is a post-dance hug good etiquette?

Only if I fancy you.

To be honest, hugging strangers makes me feel very uncomfortable even if I been just been in some intimate positions with the same stranger on the dance floor.

However, it doens't happen very often (Nobody hugs a hedgehog...)

Daisy

(A Prickly Little FLower)

Yogi_Bear
27th-May-2005, 02:17 PM
I look upon a bored lady as a challenge. If I fail to unbore her I rarely try again. If I ever notice her unbored, I try to learn from the leader.S*d's law states that when you wind up dancing with a bored partner the track will run for at least six minutes :sick:

David Bailey
27th-May-2005, 02:19 PM
S*d's law states that when you wind up dancing with a bored partner the track will run for at least six minutes :sick:
No, it just feels that way - the whole Time Dilation effect thing.

Minnie M
27th-May-2005, 08:43 PM
S*d's law states that when you wind up dancing with a bored partner the track will run for at least six minutes :sick:
:rofl: we must have the same luck :rofl: do you also go to the shortest queue at the supermarket then find the person in front of you has a problem, or the check-out-person changes etc., :rolleyes: