PDA

View Full Version : Modern Jive in Paris ???

Wendy
26th-May-2005, 06:27 PM
Can anyone recommend anywhere to dance in Paris ???

(Of course I could always pack Dance Demon in my suitcase :flower: and glue some decking down in front of Notre Dame or something :waycool: ... )

Wxxx

Gojive
26th-May-2005, 07:55 PM
I went last year Wendy, and had a hell of a time trying to find a MJ night (I'm sure there are some, I just couldn't find them - translations perhaps?).

Anyhow, my (then) partner and I, went on one of the evening dinner/dance cruises on the Seine. After a fabulous dinner, we had a live band playing - but no one dancing!....until we stepped up (dressed to the nines I might add).

At first, people were just watching (and clapping thankfully!), but within half an hour or so, the floor was packed!. The band were so grateful to us at the end of the trip :blush:

Dance Demon
26th-May-2005, 08:11 PM
Can anyone recommend anywhere to dance in Paris ???

(Of course I could always pack Dance Demon in my suitcase :flower: and glue some decking down in front of Notre Dame or something :waycool: ... )

Wxxx

Never been to Paris Wendy........not even in a suitcase, but if you are willing to pay the excess on your baggage............ :wink: :hug:

Northants Girly
26th-May-2005, 10:01 PM
Someone was telling me about Ceroc in Paris a few days ago . . . . . I'll try and remember who it was :D

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 10:12 PM
French Jive :whistle: haven't we been here before a couple of times - the French guys I have danced with are surprised I can follow them - easy really most of our moves are the same :clap:

check out this site (http://danse-a-2.com/danse-a-2/da2.nsf/ToFrameWeb/HomeWo?OpenDocument&Danse=Rock&Pays=Fr)

Divissima
26th-May-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi Wendy

It might also be worth PMing Dave Bradley - I seem to recall that, back in the days of the London Forum, he was gathering info for a Paris Jive weekend....

spindr
26th-May-2005, 11:53 PM
Check out "Le Caveau de la Huchette" or "Le Slow Club" -- I think that they're both on the web. They are both jazz/swing clubs -- and there will be social dancing -- French Jive as it were.

Certainly "Le Caveau" is fairly close to the restaurant area near to Notre Dame cathedral -- which is good 'cause it doesn't open till 10pm -- and you can get a good cheap dinner beforehand.
NB. the dance floors in those two Jazz clubs are pretty small and you wouldn't be able to dance Modern Jive "expansively".

Cheers,
SpinDr.

John S
27th-May-2005, 03:38 PM
"Le Caveau de la Huchette" .............
NB. the dance floors in those two Jazz clubs are pretty small and you wouldn't be able to dance Modern Jive "expansively".
I've been to Le Caveau, good atmosphere, especially with a live band, but the floor is very small. So Wendy, you may just have to stand in the one spot, emoting - think you can do that? :drool:

Mr Fitz
28th-May-2005, 01:15 PM
I've been to Le Caveau,

Me too Wendy, I got there about 1am, the band were just finishing up :sad: but there was still some pretty good dj music to swing your pants to :clap: I had a great time. It was recommended by a few muggle friends of mine. They were there on a hen weekend, got flung round the dance floor by a few of the locals and had an absolute ball. If I was going back to Paris, that is where I would go.

Ballroom queen
28th-May-2005, 03:02 PM
Check out "Le Caveau de la Huchette"

I've been to Le Caveau and it was FAB, yes its small but has SO much atmosphere, great venue - downstairs like an old cellar / wine Cave if you see what I mean. There was live music when I was there.

Jazz club Ã* Paris : le caveau de la huchette

5, rue de la Huchette, 75 005 Paris, Métro St Michel ou Cité

enjoy