PDA

View Full Version : Womans talk!

Lory
25th-May-2005, 07:34 PM
Does anyone else find PMS effects their dancing? (Girls only obviously ) ........

As i'm getting older, I'm finding it's effecting me more and more :sad:

Re dancing - For a couple of days during the month, I just can't seem to get focused and my co-ordination and reaction times are atrocious :sick: and sometimes (probably the worst thing of all) I just don't feel part of what's going on around me at all, it's like being in a bubble, the music's playing but I just can't seem to 'FEEL' it, I rarely get connected and it's like, only part of me's really there! :tears:

A small amount of positive things can occur though... I find its a great time to deal with any outstanding grievances and a great time to receive calls from 'telephone salesmen,' for some reason I find absolutely no problem at all in 'dealing' with them at all. :whistle: :D

It's definitely NOT a great time to try and sort out, organsise and book a Xmas holiday to suit 12 people! :(

But, I find I can draw and paint more expressively, weird but true! :nice:

Anyone else care to share??? :flower:

Debster
26th-May-2005, 03:33 AM
Does anyone else find PMS effects their dancing? (Girls only obviously ) ........

... For a couple of days during the month, I just can't seem to get focused and my co-ordination and reaction times are atrocious :sick: and sometimes (probably the worst thing of all) I just don't feel part of what's going on around me at all, it's like being in a bubble, ....
Hi Lory, I know what you mean, especially the lack of ability to focus and not feeling part of anything going on around me. It's very strange and seems impossible to break through to join in. I feel like I just can't cope with anything that requires a decision.

Luckily I find it only completely screws up one day a month for me at the moment!

But then I think everyone has off nights, men included, for many and various reasons so it isn't really a problem except it makes you feel lousy for a while. :hug:

I'm surprised there haven't been more replies. It can't be unusual.

(I must try the drawing and painting thing!) :flower:

under par
26th-May-2005, 07:47 AM

But, I find I can draw and paint more expressively, weird but true! :nice:

Anyone else care to share??? :flower:

Lory try and imagine you are painting the dance floor with you feet on your pms nights! Worth a try eh! :hug:

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 08:15 AM
Hot flushes do :blush:

you youngers don't know what it's all about :rofl: :rofl:

(dancing is hot enough without them)

Piglet
26th-May-2005, 08:32 AM
Can't say I've noticed a difference - but shall be more vigilant - might have to ask some of the guys I dance with.... I wonder if I hit people more at that time of the month :rofl: (that can be my new excuse)

Lory
26th-May-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Lory, I know what you mean,

~snip~

I'm surprised there haven't been more replies. It can't be unusual.

Thanks for the reply Debs, it's taken quite a while for me to make the connection between PMS and having an 'off night' but the last couple of months, there's been no doubt in my mind. :o

Its a refreshing discovery, at least I've pinpointed a 'reason'. :clap:

Next month, I've marked the calendar and I'll have no hesitation in taking a couple of nights off ;)

But then I think everyone has off nights, men included, for many and various reasons so it isn't really a problem except it makes you feel lousy for a while. :hug:
:yeah: but it's nice to have an insight as to why it might be :)

you youngers don't know what it's all about :rofl: :rofl:

[/SIZE]
Minnie, you say the sweetest things :na:

Lou
26th-May-2005, 10:41 AM
Not necessarily just my dancing. I gave one poor unsuspecting anonymous forumite a lift to a freestyle recently, only to dissolve into floods of unexpected tears on the way back home - all due to PMS! :blush: Bless - he took it well.... ;)

But, yes - I definitely didn't dance to the best of my ability that night, either. I definitely suffer from worse co-ordination too. And I definitely know what you mean by the "bubble" sensation. It's normally my signal to wander off to Tescos to buy basketfulls of chocolate. :D

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 02:20 PM
I should have said youngsters :blush: must proof read my posts :whistle:

BTW just a note to your youngsters, you still get PMT going through the change :tears: but you also get all the other rubbish too

Point:
Why do they call it the "Change of Life" :confused: I am still the same as I was in my teens :whistle: (mentally that is)

Will
26th-May-2005, 05:25 PM
PMS clearly affect my dancing. When Kate has PMS I can't do anything right!

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 05:37 PM
I should have said youngsters :blush: must proof read my posts :whistle:

BTW just a note to your youngsters, you still get PMT going through the change :tears: but you also get all the other rubbish too

"your youngsters" - double senior moment :blush: should be YOU youngsters :blush: :tears: sorry :innocent:

What a thread :rolleyes: have we run out of ideas for new topics :what:

Lory
26th-May-2005, 07:14 PM
What a thread :rolleyes: have we run out of ideas for new topics :what:
No :sad: I (selfishly) just wanted a bit of feminine support :hug: and someone to tell me I'm not alone and I'm not going completely mad :tears: :tears: :tears:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-May-2005, 07:22 PM
No :sad: I (selfishly) just wanted a bit of feminine support :hug: and someone to tell me I'm not alone and I'm not going completely mad :tears: :tears: :tears:

Lory, I could never call you selfish :nice: There is nothing wrong with wanting some well deserved support for a hard working forumite such as yourself-plenty of feminine support for you here, whenever you need it :wink: Although I must say that PMS usually has the opposite effect on me. On the first day it is sometimes a little anoying, but I'm glad to say that it hasn't been effecting me much lately and usually makes me want to be more active, as to take my mind off it, maybe i've just been given some well overdue good luck. And now that i've said all that, the oppossite will most likely happen-something's Law' I forget what you call it.

Hope you've had a good day today! :nice:

Ashx

Minnie M
26th-May-2005, 07:32 PM
Ahhhh......... don't cry Lory, only moaned cors those boys will get to know our secrets (specially that Will boke) - ya no I luvs ya really :D

Dance Demon
26th-May-2005, 07:33 PM
PMS clearly affect my dancing. When Kate has PMS I can't do
anything right!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .......welcome to the married man club........

Daisy Chain
27th-May-2005, 12:37 PM

:yeah: I also make a right pig's ear of parking my car outside the dance venue.

I don't so much park, as abandon the car on these nights.

Daisy

(A Pre-Menstrual Little Flower)

Lory
27th-May-2005, 12:47 PM
I don't so much park, as abandon the car on these nights.

You could always try this (http://www.wnywebsite.com/_video/PARKING.mpe) approach, It works perfectly on those PMS days! :wink: :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
27th-May-2005, 01:47 PM
You could always try this (http://www.wnywebsite.com/_video/PARKING.mpe) approach, It works perfectly on those PMS days! :wink: :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...that's easy!

Bangers & Mash
28th-May-2005, 09:01 AM
...I just can't seem to get focused and my co-ordination and reaction times are atrocious :sick: and sometimes (probably the worst thing of all) I just don't feel part of what's going on around me at all, it's like being in a bubble, the music's playing but I just can't seem to 'FEEL' it, I rarely get connected and it's like, only part of me's really there! :tears:

Hot flushes too :blush:

Damn! I've had PMS for years then :what:

cerocmetro
30th-May-2005, 05:09 AM
Poor Mans Syndrome, yes I have heard of this......../snip/..... :whistle: