PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest compliment ever?

David Bailey
25th-May-2005, 03:40 PM
Last night, a (female) friend of mine got approached by a guy, who told her:
"My girlfriend thinks you've got a lovely bum"

(actually, "bum" wasn't the word, but you get the picture)

I was, basically :eek: :what: :confused: - as was she.

Anyone top that?

Feelingpink
25th-May-2005, 08:29 PM
I recently told a newcomer to a dance night: "I love your dress" (it was really unusual and suited her as well). She gave a double-take and explained that she thought I'd said "I love your breasts". I know I like to welcome new people ... but not to that extent! :blush:

Damien
26th-May-2005, 12:54 PM
Whilst dancing to Kirsty McColl's in these shoes I asked a partner (Lorraine - very attractive) what she did. Her reply, "I'm a Professional Mistress". Whether it was the mood created by the track or just my surprise, my dancing went somewhat astray. I was lost for words (I'm very shy!). It was only whilst chatting a few weeks later that she said something about dress making that I asked the question again. Her reply "I'm a professional seamstress". Wasn't sure if I was disappointed or relieved.

Lou
26th-May-2005, 12:58 PM
"I'm a professional seamstress".
She doesn't read Terry Pratchett, does she? :whistle:

Damien
26th-May-2005, 01:18 PM

I've never read Terry Pratchett myself. Is it fantasy type stuff? I did get the genuine impression she was into dress making etc. But if it she was into fantasy/role playing then that sounds OK! Lol :) :wink:

Lory
26th-May-2005, 01:40 PM
"I'm a Professional Mistress". Whether it was the mood created by the track or just my surprise, my dancing went somewhat astray. I was lost for words
:rofl:

Way off topic i know :blush: but this reminded of a conversation I had recently.
I was dancing with my good mate Colin, who's soon to be heading off to some remote place to work with Orang-utans for 5months...

the music was loud and I was twirling around, when I asked, when are you going off to feed the monkeys then?

He gave me a shocked and indignant look and snapped back, I am NOT going to be 'fiddling' with any monkeys, thankyou! :angry:

I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get out what I really said! :rofl:

TheTramp
26th-May-2005, 02:19 PM
I didn't get this compliment myself. But Andy McG did enjoy passing it on to me.

Apparently, at the final of the first JiveMasters competition, someone behind him commented about me, "He moves pretty well for a fat bloke". Or something similar to that anyhow....

:tears:

David Bailey
26th-May-2005, 02:28 PM
That's exactly what I thought - spooky...

(For non-PTerry fans, "seamstress" is a euphemism for ladies of the night - and day, lunchtime, whatever...)

Purple Sparkler
26th-May-2005, 02:44 PM
I didn't get this compliment myself. But Andy McG did enjoy passing it on to me.

Apparently, at the final of the first JiveMasters competition, someone behind him commented about me, "He moves pretty well for a fat bloke". Or something similar to that anyhow....

Not weird per se, but when busking on Putney High Street, a little old lady walked past and commented about my partner: "I tell you what, he knows how to shake it, doesn't he?"

bigdjiver
26th-May-2005, 03:13 PM
I have had "You have got to dance with my wife." and "You have got to dance with my daughter." (same guy)

My favourite: "Dancing with you is like dancing with a funfair".

Lou
1st-June-2005, 03:45 PM
Last night:

Great music tonight. It was like the first 2 hours at Hammersmith.
I'm assuming it was a compliment. :whistle:

Rebecca
1st-June-2005, 03:53 PM
"My girlfriend thinks you've got a lovely bum"

Anyone top that?

Out and about with the girlies this weekend a guy told me that I had a beautiful collar-bone. . . . . COLLAR-BONE!!!? I thought (being a typical woman), if that is my most striking feature I must be a real minger!

The same guy said he was attracted to my smell - I ask you . . . :tears:

Little Monkey
1st-June-2005, 04:01 PM

Awwwwww... :hug:
He was probably just jealous of your dancing, sweetie!

Anyhow, what about this compliment (given by my dad's friend to a rather curvy girl, after being partnered up with her at dance school): 'You don't sweat much for a fat girl!'

I've been told that 'you're not as scary as I first thought', and that I've got a 'nice wiggle'. Was also complimented once on my hijacking! I think the words were: That's the coolest hijacking I've ever seen!

Wiggly Scary Hijacking Monkey

Lory
1st-June-2005, 04:03 PM
My favourite: "Dancing with you is like dancing with a funfair".
I had: Dancing with you is a bit like playing with my playstation! :eek:

When I asked him to elaborate, (as I was imagining some bored bloke, lounging on the settee, frustratedly shouting at the TV), he replied, your very responsive, great fun but I doubt i'll never be able to master you completely :what: :o

stewart38
1st-June-2005, 05:14 PM
Someone once called me a fu***** W****** thats got to be the weirdest compliment

David Bailey
1st-June-2005, 07:22 PM
Someone once called me a fu***** W****** thats got to be the weirdest compliment
Yeah, 'coz how on earth did he pronounce "*****" and "******"? :what: :confused:

Stuart
1st-June-2005, 07:30 PM
A friend of a friend once claimed that he heard:

"You don't sweat much for a fat lass"

Gadget
1st-June-2005, 10:30 PM
Last night, taking a lady's hand and leading her onto the dance floor i got the statement of "ah. You don't dance like anyone else." :what: I hadn't even started dancing with her yet!!

Purple Sparkler
2nd-June-2005, 09:45 AM
I got this one from Val (of Val and Dave, King & Queen of the Blues) during the beginner's class last night:

"She doesn't look much like a man".

Only one possible response: I shouted back "Thanks for that!".

Graham
2nd-June-2005, 03:38 PM
Last night, taking a lady's hand and leading her onto the dance floor i got the statement of "ah. You don't dance like anyone else." :what: I hadn't even started dancing with her yet!!
But that much is evident merely from observation :wink:

Purple Sparkler
3rd-June-2005, 10:02 AM
Yet another one! I'm still not sure I shouldn't be rather insulted by it:

From an Ashtons taxi dancer who I ran into last night at Fulham:

"I remember when you could not dance!"

This was followed by "Don't worry, I was rubbish once, too." :confused: :mad: :sick:

Given the choice, I prefer another Ashtons regular who once told me "You improve every time I dance with you". Let's focus on the POSITIVE please!

Msfab
3rd-June-2005, 10:19 AM
How about this comment given to a friend of mine, not so long ago!
'Your really quite good!'
Bear in mind this wasnt the first time they'd danced together and it probably wont be the last! :wink:

Dizzy
3rd-June-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't know if it was a compliment, but last night I danced with this guy and after doing several spins, he said to me "I can spin you like my lawn mower!"

No, I didn't get it either!! :rolleyes:
He had a smile on his face though, so I thought it must have been good!!

Gojive
3rd-June-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't know if it was a compliment, but last night I danced with this guy and after doing several spins, he said to me "I can spin you like my lawn mower!"

Ooooh what a cutting remark! :yum:

Bangers & Mash
4th-June-2005, 06:26 PM
I once got "you're just like one of the girls"

but they still wouldn't let me come to the bikini waxing party :tears:

Lory
5th-July-2005, 10:30 AM
I had a weird one last night...

I was dancing with an average intermediate, who had nice clean lead, in time, nothing flashy but I was enjoying making the most of it and having fun! :na:

At the end of the dance he said to me... (with a slightly 'amazed' expression)

'At least you look like you enjoy dancing'!! :confused:

What's 'that' supposed to mean??? :rofl:

David Bailey
5th-July-2005, 11:40 AM
'At least you look like you enjoy dancing'!!
Tricky one - you sure the accent was on "least" rather than "you"?

If on "you", I'd assume he'd been dancing with a bunch of misery-guts people before, and you were, as always, a ray of sunshine for him.

Or, it could be a "well, shame about the dance, but at least you can smile" :whistle:

More likely the former of course - you're too popular, you should go there more often!

P.S. I enjoyed our dances, on the rare occasions when I managed to grab you away from a certain expat Kiwi, so I don't think you have anything to worry about :flower:

Gadget
6th-July-2005, 09:13 AM
Got a "weird" one last night:
"You give the illusion that you've got more than two arms" :D

ducasi
6th-July-2005, 09:58 AM
I got a weird compliment last night. In fact several things about last night were weird.

This has been extracted from my most recent (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/07/05/late-again-to-jjs/) blog post...

Also funny was a weird compliment I got after I had left. I was walking along Sauchiehall Street (where JJ’s is) which is where so much of Glasgow’s night-life is. As well as all the bars and clubs you gets young guys cruising in their mum’s Corsas that they’ve tricked up with blue neon lights and the like…

So, as I was saying, walking along the street. After a while you get used to these guys blasting their music out, setting off air horns or shouting out abuse at you. It wasn’t really a surprise then when I heard a guy shouting something to me I didn’t quite hear. Foolishly, I turned round to see what he was saying and then when I saw it was just another idiot in a car, turned back expecting some sort of abuse directed at me. I didn’t expect his next comment…

“Check that guy out with the sexy wee jeans!”

He said something else after that but I didn’t quite hear. Perhaps it was just his friend saying “yeah, he must work out!” :wink: It was a good night. And if you want to see me in my sexy wee jeans, see you tonight at the GUU or Saturday at the Glasgow party!

drathzel
6th-July-2005, 10:25 AM
Got a "weird" one last night:
"You give the illusion that you've got more than two arms" :D

its true tho :kiss: