PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday Weekend May 2005

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 11:31 AM
Lots going on all over the UK - where are you going ?

marty_baby
22nd-May-2005, 11:55 AM
Hiya Minnie,

Whats going on over the bank hol?!?!?! :)

(I'm on call over the bank hol weekend again ....gggrrrr.... so I haven't really looked. I think theres Ealing on the friday tho.)

All the Best
Martin

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 01:00 PM
Were you based marty ?

My list (Lyndas List) covers a selection of dance styles but only for the South - I haven't made up my mind yet, but will be at some of the following :-

Saturday 28
BRIGHTON
1940s wartime theme, with Terry Elliotts Sentimental Journey St.Mary's Hall, Surrendon Rd. (40 & 50s Jive)
BRIGHTON
King Alfred Ballroom, Hove Sea front
BROMLEY
The Great Hall, Bromley Civic Centre, Stockwell Close,
H/HEATH
Clair Hall, Haywards Heath (Nr.Station)
GT.BOOKHAM
Charity Freestyle 2 Halls & 2 DJ's- John Miller & John & Linda Jive Hive The Old Barn Hall, Bookham, Surrey KT23 3PQ 8pm-11:45
LONDON
Guinness Club, Twyford Abbey Road,Park Royal, NW10
LONDON
Metropolis, 2 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, EC4 M8EN 7.30 - 2am
WINDSOR
2nd Birthday New Windsor Com.Centre, Hanover Way SL4 5NW

Sunday 29
LONDON
T-Dance - Kent Hse, Rutland Grove 2-5:30pm
LONDON
Royal Festival Hall, Belvedere Road, London SE1 12.30-2pm JIVE CATS
Nr.WORTHING#
Tea-Dance at Findon Village Hall 3 - 6pm
WICKHAM(Nr. Reading)
Summer Evening Barbi Special ( 100 ft. Marquee) Boarhunt Blues Club, North Boarhunt, Wickham. MICK SANCHEZ & HIS BAND

Monay 30
LONDON
Summer BEACH Party' BBQ etc Ashton's 192 Cricklewood Broadway + 4 DJs ring for details
LONDON
KING PLEASURE & The Biscuit Boys @ Royal Festival Hall, Belvedere Road, London SE1 12.30-2pm swing free
LONDON
Jangos (I think it is on) Kent House, Hammersmith
WOKING
HG Wells Suite, Church Street

marty_baby
22nd-May-2005, 01:38 PM
Hiya Minnie,

I'm normally based in sunny Bristol.... :)

I'm actually in London Tue to Fri this coming week with work tho.... But I have to high tail it back to bristol for the bank hol though.... shame - it looks like loads is on next week end!

hhhmmm... must look at that list some time!

Martin xxx
:flower:

ElaineB
22nd-May-2005, 01:54 PM
Hiya Minnie,

I'm normally based in sunny Bristol.... :)

I'm actually in London Tue to Fri this coming week with work tho.... But I have to high tail it back to bristol for the bank hol though.... shame - it looks like loads is on next week end!

hhhmmm... must look at that list some time!

Martin xxx
:flower:

Tsk, tsk Marty!!!!

It is the May Ball in Cardiff on Saturday 28 May - sheesh, don't you read the Bristol web site! :wink: The night before Mark and Jackie of Planet Le Roc are holding one of their dances............so, get your dance shoes on mate and get over there! :clap:

Elaine

marty_baby
22nd-May-2005, 02:23 PM
oooohhh Hello Elaine! :hug:

.....umm.... Yes.... remember, you are talking to mister "the ultimate unobservant" blokey here!

Oh cool....Cardiff, Sat 28th.... in Diary now.... I might just do that, and bring Jon and Andy along as well! (To be honest though.... Being Bank hol... they probably might be off...)

Maybe bust some tango/Jango moves next Sat with you Elaine? :flower:
...and also maybe some WCS?.... (1,2, triple step, triple step)....

All the best
Martin
:)

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 02:37 PM
.......I'm actually in London Tue to Fri this coming week with work tho....

see ya at Hipsters on Tuesday ? it's a freebee night too :clap:

marty_baby
22nd-May-2005, 02:48 PM

This Tuesday? yup thats the plan hopefully!

I try to make the 8pm Beginners WCS, the see how I feel for the 9pm classes (WCS or Advanced Jive... hhhmmmm....)

Whats a "freebie" mean Minnie, Free classes? Why? The place will be chocbloc full! ...which isn't a bad thing... :)

Hope to bump into you there! :nice:

Martin

Paul F
23rd-May-2005, 01:34 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick (shameless plug) post for anyone that maybe in the North this weekend. Copied the piece from our website. Its going to be a great night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Its Back ! .............. SATURDAY 28th MAY

* 'BIG' Saturday Freestyle *

For those of you who want more from a freestyle night our BIG Saturday freestyles give you just that.

*5 hours of dancing

*2 Rooms, 2 floors

*3 DJ's

*Chillout room

*Jive Bar

*Dance videos

*Fantastic lighting system to give it that bit extra!

*Special class at 8:30 with Paul

*** AND NOW IT GETS BIGGER ***

Our big freestyle has now got even bigger with the addition of

a beginner blues class at 9:30pm in the blues room. A guest

teacher will be on hand for, what is sure to be, a great class.

*Great venue

*Very friendly atmosphere

*and not forgetting the free ice-cream to cool you down in

the dance cafe

*8pm - 1am

*£9 in adv £10 door

This night is one of the busiest nights around. Come and join us on the 28th and see why

------------------------------------------------------------------

www.ceroc-manchester.co.uk

Lounge Lizard
24th-May-2005, 10:08 AM
Were you based marty ?

My list (Lyndas List) covers a selection of dance styles but only for the South - I haven't made up my mind yet, but will be at some of the following :-

Saturday 28
BRIGHTON
1940s wartime theme, with Terry Elliotts Sentimental Journey St.Mary's Hall, Surrendon Rd. (40 & 50s Jive)
BRIGHTON
King Alfred Ballroom, Hove Sea front
BROMLEY
The Great Hall, Bromley Civic Centre, Stockwell Close,
H/HEATH
Clair Hall, Haywards Heath (Nr.Station)
GT.BOOKHAM
Charity Freestyle 2 Halls & 2 DJ's- John Miller & John & Linda Jive Hive The Old Barn Hall, Bookham, Surrey KT23 3PQ 8pm-11:45
LONDON
Guinness Club, Twyford Abbey Road,Park Royal, NW10
LONDON
Metropolis, 2 Old Change Court, Peters Hill, EC4 M8EN 7.30 - 2am
WINDSOR
2nd Birthday New Windsor Com.Centre, Hanover Way SL4 5NW

Sunday 29
LONDON
T-Dance - Kent Hse, Rutland Grove 2-5:30pm
LONDON
Royal Festival Hall, Belvedere Road, London SE1 12.30-2pm JIVE CATS
Nr.WORTHING#
Tea-Dance at Findon Village Hall 3 - 6pm
WICKHAM(Nr. Reading)
Summer Evening Barbi Special ( 100 ft. Marquee) Boarhunt Blues Club, North Boarhunt, Wickham. MICK SANCHEZ & HIS BAND

Monay 30
LONDON
Summer BEACH Party' BBQ etc Ashton's 192 Cricklewood Broadway + 4 DJs ring for details
LONDON
KING PLEASURE & The Biscuit Boys @ Royal Festival Hall, Belvedere Road, London SE1 12.30-2pm swing free
LONDON
WOKING
HG Wells Suite, Church StreetHi
minnie
You have missed off our saturday night dance in Eastbourne at Stones cross hall - 8 till midnight
and Sunday in Hailsham (near Eastbourne) which is a class and dance - both events are on over the Bank Holiday weekend and ARE in the south
peter

Sheepman
24th-May-2005, 12:47 PM
Monday 30
LONDON
Jangos (I think it is on) Kent House, Hammersmith I'm afraid it isn't on :tears: :tears:
I believe the "powers that be" decided that after the tea dance the day before, we would all have had enough.
They should know better! :devil:

Greg

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm afraid it isn't :tears: :tears:
I believe the "powers that be" decided that after the tea dance the day before, we would all have had enough.
Or possibly, the clash with the Monster That Is Ashtons.

You can't turn around now without seeing a mega-Ashtons extravaganza, it's taking over the world, I tell you... :eek:

Msfab
24th-May-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm afraid it isn't :tears: :tears:

Greg

How and Why would any one have enough of Jango? :confused:

I think the 'powers that be' should change this decision immediately! :angry:

Especially seeing as Im going to be in london this week!
:flower: :flower: :flower:

Msfab
24th-May-2005, 12:58 PM
Or possibly, the clash with the Monster That Is Ashtons.

You can't turn around now without seeing a mega-Ashtons extravaganza, it's taking over the world, I tell you... :eek:

I know which I rather be at!!! :rolleyes:

Sheepman
24th-May-2005, 01:03 PM
You can't turn around now without seeing a mega-Ashtons extravaganza, it's taking over the world, I tell you... :eek: Certainly not the Transpontine world...
(Have I ever mentioned what a pain that journey to Ashton's is... no, don't ask! :angry: )

Greg

cutey
24th-May-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey People

Don't forget Reading South & Community Centre is on Monday 30th May! :clap: :clap: :clap:

www.ceroctv.com for directions.

Great DJ, Great Teacher, Great dancers, what more do you want??!!!!

See you there....

Robin
24th-May-2005, 01:56 PM
Were you based marty ?
Monay 30
LONDON
LONDON
LONDON
WOKING
HG Wells Suite, Church Street

Ermm .. and whats happened to Finchley then ?
We have our special Bank Holiday Monday thing on too !
7-11pm , fun class, DWAS with £200 prize Money !!!!!!
Normal entry price too !
.....and nary a mention :tears:

Minnie M
24th-May-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey People

Don't forget Reading South & Community Centre is on Monday 30th May! :clap: :clap: :clap:

www.ceroctv.com for directions.

Great DJ, Great Teacher, Great dancers, what more do you want??!!!!

See you there....

Are you sure the URL is correct :(

Divissima
24th-May-2005, 02:03 PM
Are you sure the URL is correct :(Try here (www.ceroctv.co.uk). I think it is .co.uk

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 02:03 PM
Ermm .. and whats happened to Finchley then ?
We have our special Bank Holiday Monday thing on too !
7-11pm , fun class, DWAS with £200 prize Money !!!!!!
Normal entry price too !
.....and nary a mention :tears:
Hey, good point! How could we forget.

Yay, GO FINCHLEY!!

... or something :)

Of course, the demo's a bit fat... :whistle:

Robin
24th-May-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey, good point! How could we forget.

Yay, GO FINCHLEY!!

... or something :)

Of course, the demo's a bit fat... :whistle:
:rofl:

that'll teach him

JoC
24th-May-2005, 02:07 PM
Marco's monthly party in Edinburgh, hope this is on because I'm going! :grin:

Minnie M
25th-May-2005, 01:59 AM
..........This Tuesday? yup thats the plan hopefully!

On the way home, Winnie (as on the forum) told me she had met a guy called Martin from Bristol who was here in London this week on business

What a shame :sad: it didn't register with Winnie who you were we could have introduced you to all the other forumites (there were quite a few at Hipsters tonight)

stewart38
25th-May-2005, 11:14 AM
anyone going to this ?

Bank Holiday Monday 30th May
>>Not only is the fabulous Finchley/Whetstone venue open, but it is
>>going to be an extra special fun night.
>>122 Oakleigh Road North, London N20 9EZ
>>
>>Carol will be kicking off with a fun class and then a Dance with a
>>Stranger competition. This will be free to enter but there is a
>>£200 prize money. The entry to the night remains at £7 and
>>includes the competition entry.
>>
>>You will need to be at the venue by 8.30 to register to enter the
>>competition. The evening runs usual times 8pm to 11pm unless of
>>course you want to carry on longer, that will be up to you on the
>>night.

Robin
25th-May-2005, 11:25 AM
anyone going to this ?

Bank Holiday Monday 30th May
>>Not only is the fabulous Finchley/Whetstone venue open, but it is
>>going to be an extra special fun night.
>>122 Oakleigh Road North, London N20 9EZ
>>
>>Carol will be kicking off with a fun class and then a Dance with a
>>Stranger competition. This will be free to enter but there is a
>>£200 prize money. The entry to the night remains at £7 and
>>includes the competition entry.
>>
>>You will need to be at the venue by 8.30 to register to enter the
>>competition. The evening runs usual times 8pm to 11pm unless of
>>course you want to carry on longer, that will be up to you on the
>>night.
Me :D

David Bailey
25th-May-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh good. 'Coz we'd look a bit silly trying to dance with no music...

I'll be there!

Simon r
25th-May-2005, 11:40 AM

are there any places to park there ...
whats the best way in from outside london.

Robin
25th-May-2005, 11:55 AM
are there any places to park there ...
whats the best way in from outside london.

Parking is mainly on-street - there's some off-street car parking but if you're not there early its gone!

Where are you coming from - its easy to get to ; pm me and I'll direct you !

Divissima
26th-May-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm afraid it isn't on :tears: :tears:

GregWell, Jango might be on after all... please see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122998&postcount=102) for details of Special Request Bank Holiday Jango....

Gus
27th-May-2005, 02:51 AM
Well, Jango might be on after all... please see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122998&postcount=102) for details of Special Request Bank Holiday Jango....You know how it is ... text a few people about the possibility of a Bank Holiday Jango night ... and then get innundated with reponse texts DEMANDING that it comes to pass :grin: BRING ON THE JANGO!!!! :clap: :clap:

Dazzle
27th-May-2005, 04:21 AM
Well another plug for those in the North (West). Saturday 28th May 2005 Freestyle at Winsford Civic Hall, Cheshire. Come and join us for uninterrupted dancing from 8pm until midnight! No classes, no distractions, just some of the best tunes around from DJ Dazzle :waycool: and a special second DJ ;) . £7 on the door. For details see the website - www.blitzjive.com (http://www.blitzjive.com/venue.php?venue=winsford)

Huge venue, sprung floor and great sound! Join our very friendly dancing crowd that just seems to travel farther and farther for our well respected nights. Join us, we'd love to see you there!

Msfab
27th-May-2005, 11:41 AM
Well, Jango might be on after all... please see here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122998&postcount=102) for details of Special Request Bank Holiday Jango....

You know you can count me in! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will TwK be wearing a special bank holiday monday shirt? :rolleyes:

Divissima
27th-May-2005, 11:46 AM
Will TwK be wearing a special bank holiday monday shirt? :rolleyes:I'll ask him to select one of his finest.... :waycool:

Divissima
27th-May-2005, 03:57 PM
Jango is on! See here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123141&postcount=103) for further details....

JoC
29th-May-2005, 10:20 AM
Don't know if anyone in Scotland is reading this thread but just wanted to say what fantastic dances I had a Marco's last night, don't know if I danced with any forumites but if I did, thankyou! :kiss: (And apologies for nearly throwing myself on the floor a couple of times... the velvet on the soles of my shoes made me do it... :whistle: )

cerocmetro
29th-May-2005, 11:49 AM
Now let me make this perfectly and absolutely clear. I would also like to add that the following is pure opinion and is not cheap advertsing in any way shape or form by an underhanded trainee kiwi.

Finchley 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone, on Monday 30th May 2005 is the only place on the entire planet worth going to.

There will be the best dancers, DJ's general members of the public. The dance floor is fabulous and the venue manager is the friendliest you will ever find. (I should know, I married her).

I know the toilets are cr*p, but everything else is sooo good you will never get to them anyway.

Don't waste your money going anywhere else, not even to the pub. Come to Finchley with the other 59,000 people who come there every week.

THere is a dance with a stranger. The winners will win £200. free entry of course, well included in the entry fee for the evening which is a staggering £7.

The evening starts an hour earlier than normal as well, 7pm and finishes at 11pm or when you lot leave if you don't want to go then..

We will not bribe you to go there with food, dodgy DJ's and other dubious ploys, no, we will simply use our database and make sure the traffic wardens are working in the areas of all other dance venues that night.

We will not use dirty tricks to let the tyres down of DJ's cars around London that night, why should we when we have paid other people to do that for us.

SO in conclusion, Come to Finchley on Monday or we will beat you up!!!

Love from Down under :waycool:

PS imagine this, I have travelled 25000 to get some peace and at this very moment, 4000 camper vans filled with dodgy Brits are headed to Wellington following the Lions Team. Apparantly it took some old Lady 2 days to turn right :rolleyes:

Tiggerbabe
29th-May-2005, 02:31 PM
I'll be at the Invercarse Hotel, Dundee on the Bank Holiday Monday :D :clap: (totally fab venue, great teacher/dj and dancers :hug: )

David Bailey
29th-May-2005, 03:22 PM
the following is pure opinion and is not cheap advertsing in any way shape or form by an underhanded trainee kiwi.
What, you're training to be underhanded? Gotta tell you, it needs a bit of work... :whistle:

Gus
29th-May-2005, 03:39 PM
I was just thinking ..... how many weekly clubs nights are so popular and so well loved that when the organisers try to have a night off the punters DEMAND that the event still takes place? :grin: Must be a fair indication that the Monday Jango night is THE place to be ...... the TWK experience, a real friendly crowd (even expats from North of the Watford gap are welcomed) and an evening of sparkley outfits and LOUD shirts. Who can beat that? :wink:

TheTramp
29th-May-2005, 03:46 PM
I was just thinking ..... how many weekly clubs nights are so popular and so well loved that when the organisers try to have a night off the punters DEMAND that the event still takes place?
Actually, I imagine most of them.... :whistle:

David Bailey
29th-May-2005, 03:57 PM
Must be a fair indication that the Monday Jango night is THE place to be ...... the TWK experience, a real friendly crowd (even expats from North of the Watford gap are welcomed) and an evening of sparkley outfits and LOUD shirts. Who can beat that? :wink:
Hey, now that's a bit more underhanded :clap:

Anyone want to subtly advertise Ashtons now? It's the only one left on my bingo card... :rolleyes:

Gus
29th-May-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey, now that's a bit more underhanded :clap:
Not underhand at all dear boy ... I'm a Commercail Operator ... paid the dosh for it so may as well use it! Actualy I mention it bveause its an event I perosnally really enjoy and so have no problems in passing on an honest opinion. :waycool:

So ... when are you going to brave that dark, mysterious worls of non-Ceroc music, dance styles and laissez faire?

Come to the Dark Side young James ... feel the Force, it beats strong within you .... etc. etc. etc. Fades out to images of light sabres and heavy breathing ......

David Bailey
29th-May-2005, 06:23 PM
So ... when are you going to brave that dark, mysterious worls of non-Ceroc music, dance styles and laissez faire?
It does sound nice, but I'm trying to re-learn salsa at the moment, and I don't think my tiny brain can handle processing two new styles at the same time. Hence I've also stayed away from Nosequins, and, for that matter, the Finchley Latin classes.

Come to the Dark Side young James ... feel the Force, it beats strong within you .... etc. etc. etc. Fades out to images of light sabres and heavy breathing ......
Well, if you're going to claim to be old enough to be my father, OK... :whistle:

cerocmetro
29th-May-2005, 10:20 PM

I hear you are missing Ceroc so much you are travelling 25000 miles to do a ceroc class :devil:

Lory
29th-May-2005, 11:06 PM
Anyone want to subtly advertise Ashtons now? :yeah: I'm going! :wink: :rofl: :clap:

Gus
29th-May-2005, 11:20 PM
I hear you are missing Ceroc so much you are travelling 25000 miles to do a ceroc class :devil:Oh if only that was true. I dont think I'm actualy getting chance to go to a class! I'm either teaching or DJing ..... no fair. :(

PS ... miss Ceroc?? Nah ... miss Modern Jive maybe... :wink: As you know Adam, very little comparison between Ceroc NZ and Ceroc UK.

cerocmetro
30th-May-2005, 04:11 AM
Oh if only that was true. I dont think I'm actualy getting chance to go to a class! I'm either teaching or DJing ..... no fair. :(

PS ... miss Ceroc?? Nah ... miss Modern Jive maybe... :wink: As you know Adam, very little comparison between Ceroc NZ and Ceroc UK.

Actually i disagree, Ceroc Wellington, is now like any UK night, Christchurch now under Debs is going the same way and recently another Brit took over a franchise somewhere?

You will see Taxi dancers popping up all over the place now and the format of the evenings is going the UK way.

Wellington numbers now average 100 a night and the standard all over NZ is superb.

I actually think that NZ and UK have a lot in common :whistle: Oh and I happen to run franchises in both :waycool:

cerocmetro
30th-May-2005, 04:27 AM
Just when you thought the weekend had everything :whistle:

Now tonight at Finchley, everyone who enters the DWAS competition will receive a voucher which will grant them entry to the fabulous JiveIN night on Friday 3rd June at the Wolsey Hall Windmill Lane Cheshunt for only £1 :waycool:

Check out this great venue, which has now been refurbished and the dance floor extended in all directions. Hopefully that will satisfy another post that is going on about room to dance. (the things we do to keep you dancers happy) :tears:

Finchley opens at the earlier time of 7pm today and goes on to 11pm. Entry is still only £7 All Saints, 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone. Competition at 8pm.
Adam

David Bailey
30th-May-2005, 08:59 AM
:yeah: I'm going! :wink: :rofl: :clap:
HOUSE!

Thanks, just what I needed, I can die happy now. :innocent:

lindyloo
30th-May-2005, 10:19 AM
:yeah: I'm going! :wink: :rofl: :clap:

Yippee me too. Infact just going up now to set up the coconut shys!

Lory
30th-May-2005, 11:15 AM
Lindyloo's just rang and asked me to post, the DWAS comp is being put back to a later time, if you wish to enter, you will now need to register by 4-30pm at the latest! :)

She informs me that they have so much food, it's just silly! :D Beefburgers, sausages + icecream, pineapple and bounty bars.

And Mike spent all day yesterday making a coconut shy :D (how long will it last? :whistle: )

Spice 'n' Easy
30th-May-2005, 11:46 AM
She informs me that they have so much food, it's just silly! :D Beefburgers, sausages + icecream, pineapple and bounty bars.

Did someone say Beefburger, sausages + ice cream, pineapple and bounty bars? :nice: Sounds like it will be THE place to be. It would be a crime not to turn up. I've got my hawaiian shirt packed and i'm on my way :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
30th-May-2005, 06:49 PM
Decisions decisions - London too far to travel on a bank hols, traffic down here is terrible, hate to think a 90min journey that could turn out to be THREE hours (and that is only one way) so going to Woking (a 50 min journey) - travelling with Jockey anyone else in the Brighton area like a lift ?

Robin
31st-May-2005, 09:52 AM
What a brilliant night - totally fun !

Well done to all the people who had a bash at the DWAS - most of whom had never down it before :worthy:

Just like to say a very big thank you to all the crew who gave up their time to help make it a brilliant night !
Thanks guys !

Minnie M
31st-May-2005, 01:52 PM
Decisions decisions - London too far to travel on a bank hols, traffic down here is terrible, hate to think a 90min journey that could turn out to be THREE hours (and that is only one way) so going to Woking (a 50 min journey) - travelling with Jockey anyone else in the Brighton area like a lift ?

Wow ! looks like I missed a great day :sad:

However, Woking was good, nice number of people and music OK, plus standard of dancing was OK too (mind you was great to have Jockey & Gojive there :worthy: ) - HG Wells has a great dance hall, the floor was quite fast yesterday (as I like it) tho some were moaning, it was very very warm, not sure if the Air Con was on - but it is still an Ace venue to go to :clap: