PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Greenwich Party Night (21st May) - SOLD OUT

Russell Saxby
21st-May-2005, 12:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

If you have tickets or have a confirmed space reserved we will see you there. Kicks off at 7.45pm - no class, straight into freestyle.

Please do not turn up without a ticket and expect to get in - you will be turned away :D

Looking forward to all my dances - think I have earned them.

Russell

Lory
21st-May-2005, 12:27 PM
I hope you all have a brilliant time, I'm sure you will! :waycool:

I'm off to a muggles 40th and I'll be thinking of you all! :hug:

Have a few dances for me! :flower:

Lory x

Gus
21st-May-2005, 12:59 PM
For those who fancy going something to eat first, some of us are meeting at Cutty Sark DLR (from about 6.45 to 7pm) then going to try to go to the nearby noodle bar (cheap and excellent food) before wandering down to the venue.

Danielle
21st-May-2005, 02:45 PM
cool, me and marie (and poss Riaz and Dale) are meeting at 7 for drinks first too!!!! (bit skint so no dinner for me tonight :tears: ) will pop in and say hi :hug:
can't wait for all thoses lovely dances later :clap:

Feelingpink
21st-May-2005, 03:03 PM
cool, me and marie (and poss Riaz and Dale) are meeting at 7 for drinks first too!!!! (bit skint so no dinner for me tonight :tears: ) will pop in and say hi :hug:
can't wait for all thoses lovely dances later :clap:

Young Clive and I will be there

Gus
21st-May-2005, 03:23 PM
(bit skint so no dinner for me tonight :tears: ) will pop in and say hi :hug: You're not the only one who is skint (still not got paid on the new contract yet :( ) Hence the choice of location ... seem to remeber you have have a main course for a bout a fiver!

Feelingpink
22nd-May-2005, 01:32 AM
I've just had the most fabulous night at Greenwich. Apart from it only being about half an hour journey home on the DLR :clap: it was a fabby crowd of people - loads I knew and loads I didn't.

Some points about the night (cos my brain is gone & I can't do whole paragraphs) ...

- Limiting numbers and getting the boy/girl mix was great - I'm sorry if it meant some people weren't able to go, but it was SO worth planning ahead to know there would be room to dance safely - and with enough partners.
- Someone else will have to add up how many forumites were there - it seemed like dozens.
- As well as the bar, there were shoes on sale, freshly-made pizza and a bubbling tea urn late on - perfect. Russell Saxby proved his worth by making a damn fine cuppa as well as wearing a fragrant laundered shirt and being a mean and sexy dancer :yum:
- I did my best to work my way around all the guys, but probably missed about 10 :sad: ... must try harder next time
- Music was great with Dan & Toby WK (although I'm not sure about the added vocal line from Groovy Dancer to the Leann Rimes song :sick: )
- I had the delightful pleasure of two dances with Gary from Orpington. He might just join the forum or pop along to Jango. :clap: :hug:

Well done Dan & Russell and your team for doing such a great job of organising the night in the way you did - I'd probably dance more at weekends if there were more events like tonight.

So when is the next one and when can I get a ticket?

under par
22nd-May-2005, 01:50 AM
Russell and Dan and all who helped at Greenwich tonight, thankyou :clap: :clap: a fantastic time was had by me and Mrs par.(and Minnie)

Worth the 2 hour drive..as already mentioned there where forumites coming out of the woodwork. lovely to see you all and to dance with most of you. :worthy:

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 02:36 AM
I've just had the most fabulous night at Greenwich. Apart from it only being about half an hour journey home on the DLR :clap: it was a fabby crowd of people - loads I knew and loads I didn't.

Some points about the night (cos my brain is gone & I can't do whole paragraphs) ...

- Limiting numbers and getting the boy/girl mix was great - I'm sorry if it meant some people weren't able to go, but it was SO worth planning ahead to know there would be room to dance safely - and with enough partners.
- Someone else will have to add up how many forumites were there - it seemed like dozens.
- As well as the bar, there were shoes on sale, freshly-made pizza and a bubbling tea urn late on - perfect. Russell Saxby proved his worth by making a damn fine cuppa as well as wearing a fragrant laundered shirt and being a mean and sexy dancer :yum:
- I did my best to work my way around all the guys, but probably missed about 10 :sad: ... must try harder next time
- Music was great with Dan & Toby WK (although I'm not sure about the added vocal line from Groovy Dancer to the Leann Rimes song :sick: )
- I had the delightful pleasure of two dances with Gary from Orpington. He might just join the forum or pop along to Jango. :clap: :hug:

Well done Dan & Russell and your team for doing such a great job of organising the night in the way you did - I'd probably dance more at weekends if there were more events like tonight.

So when is the next one and when can I get a ticket?
:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: Feelingpink has said it all, although I don't think I danced with Gary from Orpington- fantastic night :clap: although I did dance for the first time with Spice 'n' Easy :drool: wonderful dancer, and it was great seeing Cruella again and meeting new forumites like littleemc-central plus a few other new forumites I have not met before and thanks fellas for all my wonderful :drool: :worthy: dances and of course the excellant dance with Sparkles :worthy:

It must have been the biggest gathering of forumites for a single dance I have been to :clap:

:flower: thanks again to Dan, Russell and Kelly :flower: when's the next one, reserve me a ticket too, please :hug:

Russell Saxby
22nd-May-2005, 09:52 AM
A huge thank you to everyone who came and made last night a huge success :clap: :clap: :clap: I had forgotten how much hard work a Saturday Night can be but it certainly looked as if everyone was enjoying themselves.

Thank you to all those I managed to get a dance with you know who you are :drool: :drool:

MsFab you are top of my 'need to get a dance with list' :flower:

Lousie (Wicked Blue) :hug: - sorry for leaving you mid dance, but the milk crisis was calling :eek:

We had spent a long time trying to find a different / bigger venue for Saturdays but had given up and decided to stick with our regular Tuesday venue. I had tried very hard to get the men / lady mix a bit more even, but in the end had to open the last few tickets up to couples.

There was a bit of a mix up with the pub at the end of the night. We had no idea that it would be that busy and there was a charge to get in :( Also, even with a lots of helpers it took us an hour to clear the hall :sad: :sad: and I gather at that point most people had headed off home. I will try and see if there is someone else we can go next time - maybe a coffee bar.

As for the next Party Night, we had not planned to do one until September or October, but if there is lots of interest I can have a chat with Dan & Kelly and maybe do something in July???

I am already thinking about how we can make the night even better.

DANCING to MIDNIGHT - may be a non starter, but I can try and push the venue into giving us an extra 15mins dancing :whistle:

BECKS - Gus, sorry for the lack of... I was assured the bar had got plenty in :mad: Will double, double check next time.

MORE MEN - hopefully men will get in and buy tickets a lot quicker next time :whistle: :whistle:

Any and all feedback / suggestions most welcome.

Right I am off now for a nice big fry-up :D

see you all soon

Russell

Gus
22nd-May-2005, 10:42 AM
BECKS - Gus, sorry for the lack of... I was assured the bar had got plenty in :mad: Will double, double check next time.I have NO IDEA what the previous forumites are on about ... Greenwich was AWEFULL!!! :angry:
NO BECKS!!!!

Other areas of extreme dissatisfaction include:

Having hordes of gorgeous (and some barely dressed) females who we had to dance with
TWK and Dan playing ace sets and competing for "Metrosexual Man of the Year" award
Realising that contrary to popular belief Russell S is one hell of a dancer (and good coffe maker)
Having space to dance all night (so no excuse to hide in the bar)
Good dance floor, nice balcony to cool down on, friendly natives

So ... I think you can understand how we suffered :(

Actualy, main regret was not to get to chat to some of the Ceroc Cenrtal crew who came down. I know Cruella from days of old but didnt get a dance with Little-Em and didnt get chance to chat to the male instructor from that neck of the woods ... but he had some cool moves which I would have liked to nick if I could have had 5 minutes off the dancefloor.

Anyway ... as I said ... lousy night (NO BECKS) and things have to improve (NO BECKS) .... I hope the Greenwich posse take the hint. By the way Russell ... WHERE WAS THE BECKS???

David Franklin
22nd-May-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyway ... as I said ... lousy night (NO BECKS) and things have to improve (NO BECKS) .... I hope the Greenwich posse take the hint. By the way Russell ... WHERE WAS THE BECKS???Funny - I'd have thought the absense of David & Victoria would be a plus point...

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 11:19 AM
............ TWK and Dan playing ace sets and competing for "Metrosexual Man of the Year" award.....

:yeah: The music was :waycool: :cool: :waycool: the combination of the two great DJs really really worked :worthy:

...........the male instructor from that neck of the woods ... but he had some cool moves which I would have liked to nick if I could have had 5 minutes off the dancefloor.

:yeah: :worthy: :yeah: he IS an incred dancer :worthy: , some very unusual and well lead moves that were so smoothe and all worked beautifully :drool:

:tears: never got a dance from Dan, Russell, Clayton and DavidB :tears: (mind you I never stopped dancing, so am not too unhappy)

Missed Lory & ZW though :tears: and where were you David F :sad:

Feelingpink
22nd-May-2005, 11:24 AM
...It must have been the biggest gathering of forumites for a single dance I have been to :clap: ...

Rhythm King and I have just listed all the forumites from last night we could think of (over copious quantities of tea and coffee) and came up with 31. If anyone else has a longer list, perhaps they could post it?

Mary
22nd-May-2005, 12:37 PM
Not sure what I can add to what has already been said. Excellent night. Me and Tone had a ball. Had all the right ingredients and turned out a treat. Lovely to dance with lots of faces I don't know, as well as many of the faces I do know. And gutted I missed dancing with some other faces.

SilverFox, you may have got your own back but it doesn't end there!

Russel, Dan & Kelly :worthy: :worthy: :clap: and :cheers:

M

David Franklin
22nd-May-2005, 12:38 PM
where were you David F :sad:Getting ready for Atlanta! :clap: (Plus we didn't really get our act together before the venue had sold out :tears: ). Sounds like it was a great night!

Russell Saxby
22nd-May-2005, 01:02 PM
SilverFox, you may have got your own back but it doesn't end there!

I think you need to elaborate on this one

Russell

Mary
22nd-May-2005, 01:11 PM
I think you need to elaborate on this one

Russell

It's got something to do with reducing one's partner to helpless fits of giggles whilst they are trying to do their best work. :devil: I think we're about even Stevens on this one.

M

Danielle
22nd-May-2005, 02:03 PM
It's got something to do with reducing one's partner to helpless fits of giggles whilst they are trying to do their best work. :devil: I think we're about even Stevens on this one.

M

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
How does he do it!!!! I can't dance with the Silverfox without giggling hysterically either!!! :wink: - does make for a very fun dance though :clap: :clap:

Had a fab night last night also!!! Such a great crowd of people and amazing dances :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks again Russ, Dan and Kelly :flower: brilliant night!!
(and for the offer of a place to crash last night Russell although I didn't need it in the end :hug: )

Cruella
22nd-May-2005, 05:38 PM
I have NO IDEA what the previous forumites are on about ... Greenwich was AWEFULL!!! :angry:
NO BECKS!!!!

Actualy, main regret was not to get to chat to some of the Ceroc Cenrtal crew who came down. I know Cruella from days of old but didnt get a dance with Little-Em and didnt get chance to chat to the male instructor from that neck of the woods ... but he had some cool moves which I would have liked to nick if I could have had 5 minutes off the dancefloor.

That was JiveP. Or Paul to mere mortals. He is a fantastic dancer and i'm very proud to be his demo. (But don't tell him that, it'll go to his head) :whistle:
It took us 2 1/2 hours to get there but was well worth the journey, i didn't stop dancing all night and every dance was fantastic. Possibly could have done without Ray shaking my b**bs every few minutes during our dances though :blush: Well if it keeps an old man happy and all that!! Sorry Jane!!
Thanks for not using that Tippex Russell!! Cos would have been gutted to have missed it. Well done Russell,Dan and Kelly. Respect :clap: :worthy:

Daisy
22nd-May-2005, 06:20 PM
Possibly could have done without Ray shaking my b**bs every few minutes during our dances though :blush: Well if it keeps an old man happy and all that!! Sorry Jane!!

Oh there's plenty a good tune played on an old fiddle, or so they say! :wink:

Now you know what I have to put up with! :whistle:

Ray says that Clayton dared him to do it! :devil: Need I say more! :rofl:

Twas a good night though :clap:

ji vep
22nd-May-2005, 07:36 PM
I think that was one of the best freestyles I have ever been too and I was sober (Got witnesses) :grin: . The music was kick a*s but I knew it would be with Dan there and especially when I saw the presence of tobi ( Great combo).
I too had many great dances which coincided with the great atmosphere and the venue with its space and numbers at the right pitch.
However Jane Godman slipped through my fingers on the night, probably hiding but we had words...ey Daisy.

I drove down from Northampton taking about 2 hours but with a night so good I would do it regulary as would Cruella and Little Em who travelled down with me. This should be a regular thing and with hopefully there can be a few more arranged especially b4 Ray & Jane and Clayton & Janine head down under in the not to distant future.

On a final note to Gus, I will try and have a chat with you next time I'm around and we can swap some ideas.

Until next time jivers, JiveP :waycool:

Daisy
22nd-May-2005, 07:45 PM
However Jane Godman slipped through my fingers on the night, probably hiding but we had words...ey Daisy.

This should be a regular thing and with hopefully there can be a few more arranged especially b4 Ray & Jane and Clayton & Janine head down under in the not to distant future.

Don't you worry Paul......you won't escape me next time :wink: I wasn't hiding really, just enjoying a natter & drink in the bar but every time I looked for you there were ladies lining up :whistle:

Our exodus 'down under' doesn't happen until Sept so there will be a few opportunities before then, but I'm gutted you won't be at S'port! :tears: Can't you throw a sickie or something? :devil:

Hopefully we will be having a going away party too. :clap:

In the meantime, here's a hug :hug:

Russell Saxby
22nd-May-2005, 08:01 PM
I think that was one of the best freestyles I have ever been too and I was sober (Got witnesses) :grin:
Hi Paul - Glad you enjoyed yourself... Know the feeling I was sober too :tears:

I drove down from Northampton taking about 2 hours but with a night so good I would do it regulary as would Cruella and Little Em who travelled down with me.

Thanks for bringing two of my favourite dance partners down.. next time you can make one of them drive, and give them wrong directions.

Little Em & Cruella thank you for my dances, I was a bit off form, all that chasing around - but still enjoyed them very much :clap: :clap:

On a final note to Gus, I will try and have a chat with you next time I'm around and we can swap some ideas.

Just mind you don't let him corrupt you . :whistle:

Russell

Divissima
22nd-May-2005, 08:11 PM
What a fantastic night! I had a wonderful evening - some utterly brilliant dances (too many to mention), a great venue, top team of Dan, Kelly and Russell delivering the goods.... And some top tunes from two DJs at the top of their game.

I agree that limiting the overall numbers worked really well - hats off to the Greenwich team for that. There was enough room to dance and really do some justice to the wonderful music on offer - I would really love it if you could have another one in the next couple of months, Russell :waycool: What a marvellous night :clap:

Minnie M
22nd-May-2005, 08:58 PM
......he IS an incred dancer , some very unusual and well lead moves that were so smoothe and all worked beautifully

Thanks for the wicked dance Paul :flower: :worthy:

............Until next time jivers, JiveP :waycool:

:clap: :yeah: :clap:

Cruella
22nd-May-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi Paul - Glad you enjoyed yourself... Know the feeling I was sober too :tears:

Thanks for bringing two of my favourite dance partners down.. next time you can make one of them drive, and give them wrong directions.

Little Em & Cruella thank you for my dances, I was a bit off form, all that chasing around - but still enjoyed them very much :clap: :clap:

Russell
Oh Russell, you say all the right things. :hug: :kiss: :flower:

under par
23rd-May-2005, 08:23 AM
I agree that limiting the overall numbers worked really well - hats off to the Greenwich team for that. There was enough room to dance and really do some justice to the wonderful music on offer - I would really love it if you could have another one in the next couple of months, Russell :waycool: What a marvellous night :clap:

Yes please Russell, if you organize one can you please put Mrs Par and I on the guest list.

Great night, great music, great dancers, with enough room on dancefloor to play! :clap: :clap: :cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-May-2005, 10:39 AM
Thank you for all the lovely dances sat to all you forumites I actually got a chance to dance with, It was lovely to catch up with those of you I had met previously too. Hope to see you all at our next party night. :kiss: :hug:

Simon r
23rd-May-2005, 11:17 AM
well done to russel ,Dan and Twk and all the rest of the crew...
wicked music great dancers, and a really great atmosphere ...
sorry did not stay after but just wanted to get home as we were both starting to get really tired ....
thanks to everyone for some wicked dances
love si

jockey
23rd-May-2005, 01:31 PM
My first time at Greenwich and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting lots of new people and lots of new dancers; standard was excellent and the girls were so attractive. Thankyou Minnie for introducing me to the forumites. Look forward to dancing with many of you again. Organisation spot on and the music was so good. Also many smiling faces - which is nice.. :clap:

Sheepman
23rd-May-2005, 02:19 PM
A but if there is lots of interest I can have a chat with Dan & Kelly and maybe do something in July??? :tears: July already looks very busy, but I wouldn't want to miss it.
It's all been said, a great night, great music, dancers, floor, and space. I just wish I'd got there earlier and carried on all night...
(Could have done without the heating being on though.)

Greg

Sparkles
23rd-May-2005, 03:59 PM
There's not much more to add - just that if you missed out make sure it doesn't happen again! I went to the Greenwich ball last year and knew I had to get my skates on to be sure of getting a ticket and I'm so glad I did. Thank you to everyone for a truely fabulous evening :cheers:
S. x