PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Occupation?

Daisy Chain
20th-May-2005, 10:22 PM
OK own up. What do you say when someone asks you your occupation at a dance night? Do you tell the truth or do you invent a more interesting oocupation?

My favourite is the man who told me that he was a Sea Lion Tamer.

My occupation? Female Impersonator. (Guaranteed to get a reaction of shock and horror, especially when I whisper in the man's ear, "Good, aren't I?"

Daisy

(A Feminine Little Flower)

Jive Brummie
20th-May-2005, 10:59 PM
Oil rig driver...

Coffin tester (to ensure they're comfortable for the client :wink: )

The bloke that puts the hole's in digestive biscuits..

:whistle:

RogerR
20th-May-2005, 11:11 PM
Having heard most things before, people are still surprised when I say I'm a photographer, - for an Undertaker. (got out cos it was a dead end job), Now I drive an ambulance (Cant stand the sight of blood it makes me thirsty). Trouble is its true!!

Feelingpink
21st-May-2005, 09:39 AM
OK own up. What do you say when someone asks you your occupation at a dance night? Do you tell the truth or do you invent a more interesting oocupation?

My favourite is the man who told me that he was a Sea Lion Tamer.

My occupation? Female Impersonator. (Guaranteed to get a reaction of shock and horror, especially when I whisper in the man's ear, "Good, aren't I?"

Daisy

(A Feminine Little Flower)

:rofl: Afraid I stick fairly close to the truth. I'm a photographer. (And if he's an attractive, possibly single chap) I might add "I can make you look great in a photograph" :wink: How many guys wouldn't like that?! :devil:

Clive Long
21st-May-2005, 09:53 AM

Chocolate Sculptor

Your main tool is your tongue.

May sound outrageous, but there was an artist I saw once on TV - who worked in that medium in that way ....

I find the world a wondrous but confusing place.

Clive

Lory
21st-May-2005, 10:45 AM
Having heard most things before, people are still surprised when I say I'm a photographer, - for an Undertaker.
A girl I used to work with, left the hairsalon to to work in an undertakers, doing the corpses, hair and makeup... :really:

She later told me, she liked it, she never had any complaints! No Lie!

DianaS
24th-May-2005, 10:49 AM
At work people think I'm a part time pole-dancer (accounts for my evenings out and strange pelvic gyrations)
at my dance venue people don't seem to ask...

Purple Sparkler
24th-May-2005, 10:52 AM
I always tell the truth- I work in admin. And wish I didn't. I hate my job (anybody hear of any PA vacancies, let me know)

But when we've done a flick-spin that's female led (as in, we spin the man), I've also been informed that I can't possibly be an administrator.

*goes off to come up with more inventive answers to the question*

Little Monkey
24th-May-2005, 11:23 AM
I once told a bloke I work as a diving instructor in the Carribean.... He believed me. Then I said "Only kidding! I'm actually an artist" - and he didn't believe me!! :rofl:

I also have two ways of telling people what I do for a living, depending on who they are..... If they're rich, potential clients or people who seem to be thinking they're for some reason quite superior (or people I for some reason think I have to impress???), I say 'ceramic artist'. If it's 'normal' people (what's normal???) I very often just say I'm a potter.... :wink:

Actually, quite a lot of guys seem to think that being a potter is rather quite sexy.... I think too many people have seen the film 'Ghost'. Unfortunately, apart from having short, dark hair and being a potter, I don't look much like Demi Moore in Ghost! :tears: But if I ever need a favour from a big, strong, male friend, I just invite them around to my studio for a chat while I'm throwing popts on the wheel..... It always seems to work! :D

Oh, and for a while, my favourite chat-up line was: "I'm a potter. I'm really good with my hands. And I'm a glassblower too, so............." The only problem was that after saying that, I always collapsed in a fit of giggles!!

And if anyone's in the area, I've got an exhibition on at the Oathlaw Gallery, just outside Forfar, starting 29/5 (continues until 13/8). Not a solo show, though....

Little Potty Monkey