PDA

View Full Version : Beach Party at Ashtons 30/5/2005

stewart38
20th-May-2005, 10:08 AM
This looks good, whos going ? I get to wear my 1995 Hawaiian shirt ! Much will depend on the weather I guess

'Summer BEACH Party' at Ashtons
Bank Holiday Monday 30th May 2005

MIDDAY TO MIDNIGHT

FREE BBQ ALL AFTERNOON ~ 4 DJ’S ~ GAMES ~ COMPETITION ~ PRIZES ~ ENTERTAINMENT~ FREE ICE CREAM ~ FREESTYLE ~ CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL ~ THEMED DANCE CLASS ~ PIZZA AVAILABLE ~ LICENSED BAR ~ SUPERB SPRUNG WOODEN DANCE FLOOR.

This is the official Ceroc London Summer Party.

Pick up a leaflet and buy tickets from your local venue.

DRESS:: SUMMER BEACH PARTY WEAR…LADIES BE COOL…GUYS BE LOUD!! ( Sun Dresses, Sarongs, Flowers, Hawaiian Shirts, Shorts, knotted Hankies and General Beach attire)

Tickets £17.50 in advance available at all venues and online.

Guaranteed… you will not go home with sand in your shoes….!!

Purple Sparkler
20th-May-2005, 10:12 AM
Me! Me! I am! Getting my ticket tonight.

And then panicking about what to wear, most likely... why can't GIRLS be loud?

Cruella
20th-May-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm going with JiveP and Littleemc-central. What sort of time are people intending to arrive?? Can't stay till 12 as my companions have to work next day and we have 11/2 hour journey home. But don't want to get there too early if nobody is going to be there! Ooh i hate making decisions, help please!!!! :(

Clive Long
21st-May-2005, 01:27 AM
<< snip >> (*)
why can't GIRLS be loud?
Walk past a night-club in Hull, Nottingham or pretty much any English town on a Friday or Saturday night and that seems a question with an "in-built contradiction". :wink: :whistle:

e.g. "Shaz, Trace, << shreek >>, come 'ere. Ooh, :sick: ... " etc.

Clive. M.O.G.

(*) Ok, I admit, I misrepresented your post by ruthless snipping. Guilty.

But don't want to get there too early if nobody is going to be there!

Maybe think of it this way. If you go early , think of all the lovely spaaaaace you will have to make lovely flowing moves that will be denied you during the scrum later in the evening. Just a thought. :flower:

ElaineB
21st-May-2005, 09:47 AM
I'll be at a real beach with my wet suit and body board!!! :clap:

Have fun though you Guys.........shame I will miss Stewart 38 in his Hawaiian shirt though........... :D

Elaine

lindyloo
21st-May-2005, 11:33 AM
Guaranteed… you will not go home with sand in your shoes….!!

Just a coconut in your pocket hopefully! :wink:

lindyloo
21st-May-2005, 11:36 AM
Maybe think of it this way. If you go early , think of all the lovely spaaaaace you will have to make lovely flowing moves that will be denied you during the scrum later in the evening. Just a thought. :flower:

The BBQ starts cooking at 12 and the 1st round of draw a straw (dance with a stranger) and who can keep it up the longest is at 1.30 approx.

foxylady
21st-May-2005, 03:36 PM
........... and who can keep it up the longest is at 1.30 approx.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lory
21st-May-2005, 04:03 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Lindyloo's talking about BEACH GAMES Foxy....BEACH GAMES :rolleyes: :whistle: What are you like? :devil: :wink:

Gus
21st-May-2005, 04:33 PM
Lindyloo's talking about BEACH GAMES Foxy....BEACH GAMES :rolleyes: :whistle: What are you like? :devil: :wink:Doesn't all that sand make it even more uncomfortable? :innocent:

Cruella
24th-May-2005, 05:38 PM
So who's going?? At the moment looks like about 4 of us! Should have plenty of space to dance. :sick:

Danielle
24th-May-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm 90% sure I'm going.............only trouble is there's meant to be heat wave next week and if its sunny........ummmm...........well............may want to be at a pub along the river somewhere getting drunk and sunburnt :whistle: but will probably come along for the evening if thats the case :D

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm 90% sure I'm going.............only trouble is there's meant to be heat wave next week and if its sunny........ummmm...........well............may want to be at a pub along the river somewhere getting drunk and sunburnt :whistle: but will probably come along for the evening if thats the case :D
:yeah: Sunshine + Bank holiday = outdoors park-y things for me.

Dancing is an evening thing, I never really got the habit of this dancing-in-the-day concept :what:

Clive Long
24th-May-2005, 07:16 PM
:yeah: Sunshine + Bank holiday = outdoors park-y things for me.

Dancing is an evening thing, I never really got the habit of this dancing-in-the-day concept :what:
So how about a picnic & rounders somewhere on Monday?
Ealing Common?
Hampstead Heath?
Tooting Common?

There will be a million othe rpeople with the same idea of course.

Then of course everyone goes to a CeRoc(TM) venue in the evening so their revenue is not impacted :flower:

CRL

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 07:20 PM
So how about a picnic & rounders somewhere on Monday?
:clap: Now you're talking...

[QUOTE=Clive Long]Ealing Common?Nahhh :sad:

Hampstead Heath?Could be :wink:

Tooting Common?No way! :eek:

stewart38
25th-May-2005, 11:17 AM

Yes im 75% sure

I havent heard yet of many people going

Will
25th-May-2005, 04:05 PM
Hopefully Kate & I will be going. Looks like a really good event to me.

Dizzy
26th-May-2005, 01:26 PM
So who's going?? At the moment looks like about 4 of us! Should have plenty of space to dance. :sick:

I'm going!! I'm going!!!
Have no idea what to wear though. :eek:

Sounds like a shopping trip ahead!!! :clap:

Purple Sparkler
26th-May-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm going!! I'm going!!!
Have no idea what to wear though. :eek:

Sounds like a shopping trip ahead!!! :clap:

If you're NOT planning a shopping trip, then it looks like I'll be taking the Bus to Brent Cross!

Purple Sparkler
27th-May-2005, 05:43 PM
Offline until Tuesday SO, just in case Bobgadget or any of the other folk who are DJing there read this before the Beach Party, can you pleeeeeeeeeeease play 'Can You Forgive Her?' by the Pet Shop Boys and 'I've Got You Under My Skin' (Michael Buble version is fine- I missed it when Bob played it on Friday I think).

And I DARE you to play 'Legs' by ZZ Top. A pint to the DJ who does it.

Will
31st-May-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm now recovering from the event that has become a landmark in my dancing career.

I hearby PROUDLY and BOASTFULLY declare that along with my esteemed colleague DavidB the "2005 Ceroc Summer Party Sack Attack Relay Race Champion"

I'd also like to thank Lory for her wonderfulness in the Lucky Dip competition.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This was quite a unique event. It's the first time I've ever played cricket down the side of the dance floor during freestyle. Myself and DavidB bowling to Dale (Groovy Dancer). As Dale is of West Indian decent, I decided to try to take retribution for what Malcolm Marshall did to Mike Gattings nose back in the 1980's. Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough bounce in the pitch.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
P.S. did I remember to say that Lory was amazing.

Cruella
31st-May-2005, 12:08 PM
Well done to Lory and Will who came second in the DWAS comp, and to JiveP and Hilary,3rd. Dale for 4th. It was a great day but am absolutely exhausted today, getting too old to be dancing non stop for 10 hours. :sick:
But will stock up my energy for Southport!! :clap: Great to meet Latin lover and to now know who Gladrags is. Thanks for my dance Lory, must do it again sometime. :hug:

Northants Girly
31st-May-2005, 12:10 PM
Well done to Lory and Will who came second in the DWAS comp, and to JiveP and Hilary,3rd. Dale for 4th. It was a great day but am absolutely exhausted today, getting too old to be dancing non stop for 10 hours. :sick:
But will stock up my energy for Southport!! :clap: Great to meet Latin lover and to now know who Gladrags is. Thanks for my dance Lory, must do it again sometime. :hug:
what about who came 1st ?? :confused:

Will
31st-May-2005, 12:12 PM
Seamus & Emma-Jane's Mum (whose name embarrassingly escapes me) came 1st

Cruella
31st-May-2005, 12:38 PM
Seamus & Emma-Jane's Mum (whose name embarrassingly escapes me) came 1st
I may be mistaken but isn't she Latin Lovers wife?

Lory
31st-May-2005, 01:13 PM
:yeah: Her name's Sue! (or Mrs LatinLover to us :na: ) Congrats to her and Seamus and to everyone else who competed!

I was totally gobsmacked! Wow, fancy getting Will! :waycool: Woo hoo! I'd like to thank him for being so supportive, encouraging and just great fun! :cheers: :hug:

It was a superb day, very chilled (apart from the comp, that is :blush: ) lot's of sillyness was had by all! :D

My commiseration's go out to Groovy dancer, who was fabulous at the hula hoop, right up until it was his time to do it for real! :rofl:

Thanks to you too Cruella! :)

Well done Bradders, linda and Mike! :worthy:

p.s. pathetic girly throw huh! who got the coconut off though! :innocent: :clap:

I've got lot's of pics but my PC is playing me up this morning, so I'll post them later! ;)

latinlover
31st-May-2005, 01:27 PM

Susan : :drool:
(what's it worth not to tell her ,Will?) :devil:

Yes she is my wife and I'm naturally very proud of her!
It's worth pointing out that she and Seamus only danced together for the first time earlier that day,in spite of seeing each other at the same venues around London :worthy: !
although I can only imagine her performance with Seamus :worthy: as I was dancing at the other end of the floor with my partner Steph,who was superb :flower: considering she's only been dancing 6 months .
congrats to everyone involved in the organisation it was a fantastic day - we weren't even planning to go!!!! :eek: I guess the garden will have to wait another week now!
and in case people haven't made the connection, the twins Drew & Edwina are ours(and they weren't sick from all the free Ice cream, either ,thank goodness )
thank you to everyone who was so kind to them,they had great time in spite of their parents' neglect!

it's a very big cup, I must say, and it's very nice to have one in the house (Seamus very graciously allowed Sue to keep it for the first 6 months) as none of us has ever won anything like that before :clap:

Purple Sparkler
31st-May-2005, 01:27 PM

Damn! You were there? Sorry I missed out on meeting you, would have been a nice addition to the day.
Lory, do I not get hula-hoop commiserations as well? I had a similar problem to Groovy-dancer (who I also did not know was Groovy Dancer. You'll have to point him out next time).

Will and Lory were very good in the lucky dip. Shame it wasn't lucky for me. :tears: :blush:

latinlover
31st-May-2005, 01:37 PM
I've just read the rest of this thread and I must say how impressed I was with David B's and Will's style (not neccessarily Grace, though :wink: ) in the Sack race
A superb achievement, gentlemen.
It's a good job it's a sprung floor though! :whistle:

Lory
31st-May-2005, 05:15 PM
As promised, here are some pics of the day :) I've got loads so I'll just limit them to give a flavour of the day.

Also, I've done an experiment save size, so I hope the quality is OK :blush:

Lory
31st-May-2005, 05:18 PM
A few more :)

Lory
31st-May-2005, 05:19 PM
And more :blush:

ericklondon
31st-May-2005, 05:21 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm..... I'd forgotten about that picture you took of me !!

I'm glad everyone had a good time!!
Thank you all so much for coming down !!

Erick
:waycool:

Divissima
31st-May-2005, 05:24 PM
Fantastic photos, Lory (how do you manage to take so many good photos?? my dance photos always turn out rubbish!). Sounds like a complete blast :waycool: :clap:

Danielle
31st-May-2005, 05:30 PM
I had a brilliant evening :cheers:

my highlight has to be: Will and David's sack race - very entertaining
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had some very lovely dances and saw lots of people i hadn't seen for ages!
(and i got to make coke floats with the ice cream machine :D )

Overall a great day, thanks to everyone who was working yesterday :flower:

Purple Sparkler
31st-May-2005, 05:39 PM
The photo of Erick with his 'results'.
:rofl:

Great photos, Lory! More! More! (This request has nothing to do with the possibility that there might be one of me in there. :whistle: There probably isn't, but y'know...)

lindyloo
31st-May-2005, 05:59 PM
Fab photos Lory :clap: :clap: . The one of Erick is my fav. And well done in the DWAS

I had such a great day. Never laughed so much at a ceroc event and can't believe how seriously everyone took the races. Saw a couple arguing because she had gone off on the wrong foot in the 3 legged race!

Well done Will and David - have never seen anyone jump so fast!

Had some wonderful dances also and some lovely people there and great outfits.

Sooooo tired today though and can't believe I have to go back and teach at Ashton's tonight!

Well done for organising everything Bradders :clap:

DavidB
31st-May-2005, 05:59 PM
Are you tired of always coming last in sack races? Are you embarassed when you fall over in a heap? Do you yearn to be on top of the podium?

Now the undefeated World Sack Attack champions David & Will present a weekend workshop that will take you from chump to champ.

Day One of this two day intensive course will cover all the basic techniques in depth. Day two will introduce our closely guarded secrets that will transform your sacking!

- Lead & Follow: Do you blast out to the front, or follow smoothly and win at the end.
- Jumps and drops: How to master one and avoid the other.
- Footwork: Just how far should you jump?
- Styling with the spare hand: It isn't just for balance - it is supposed to look good as well.
- Compression and leverage: how to gain those all important fractions of a second during the changeover.
- Passive or Active technique: An introduction to the pitter-patter technique
- Musical Interpretation: don't lose that dead heat just because you didn't jump in time to the music.

Sackwear will be on hand to show off their latest designs in made-to-measure competition sacks featuring ultra-light carbon fibre material and non-slip treads for the all important grip. Practice sacks are also available with knee and hip pads. Remember their slogan: "It is not what you can do in your sack. It is what your sack can do for you."

Also Will & Kate will give a demonstration of the latest craze to hit dancing, Sacroc(TM). This matches the elegance of professional sack racing with the dynamic dance form of Modern Jive.

The workshop costs £150 per person. But hurry - places are going fast.
(Sacks are provided.)

Lory
31st-May-2005, 06:22 PM
I had such a great day. Never laughed so much

:yeah: :D

Lory
31st-May-2005, 06:24 PM
Great photos, Lory! More! More! (This request has nothing to do with the possibility that there might be one of me in there. :whistle: There probably isn't, but y'know...)
Sorry PS, couldn't find one of you but I think you might like 'this' one....dunno why :whistle:

lindyloo
31st-May-2005, 06:47 PM
Lory remove that horrendous photo now! :devil:

lindyloo
31st-May-2005, 06:48 PM
Sorry PS, couldn't find one of you but I think you might like 'this' one....dunno why :whistle:

Mmm is there gossip we should know about??

Lory
31st-May-2005, 07:31 PM
there might be one of me in there. :whistle:
Phew! Found one! :innocent: Spot PurpleSparkler! :wink:

And there's another bonus one, Little Em (on far left) and Jiv ep (middle)

bradders
31st-May-2005, 07:47 PM
Glad everybody had a good time yesterday......... one thing I don't understand is this: Dave B and Will were both there yesterday and I suppose it WAS ONLY for about 20 odd hours between them, now I know they did not exert themselves tooooooo much apart from winning the Sack Attack Race :clap: ; coming second (I think) in the Egg and Spoon Race and failing miserably in the 3 legged race :whistle: ; I also know that they were sitting by the stage, which is a whole dance floor length away from the bar, so there was much to-ing and fro-ing during the day whilst carefully trying not to spill too much valuable beer :cheers: BUT despite all this what I really don't understand is why I had 300 burgers left over and about 100 sausage in addition to about 400 rolls.
Were they not eating that day??
Funny how you can make special dietary arrangements for specific individuals only to find they are on some kind of weird diet that day....hohum

I would like to thank EVERYBODY who took part in the games, it was great to see people joining in the fun and frolics as well as doing some serious dancing.

I personally think the highlight of the day was the impromptu boys verses girls beach vollyball game played over the blow up limbo apperatus refereed by Linda (who is of couse well known on the Indoor Blow Up Beach Vollyball circuit).
Can't remember the score though????

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 10:15 AM
Lory, you're a bad bad woman. That's a DREADFUL photo. I'll just have to hope the ones Dizzy and I took (me with my dreadful camera, her with her whizzy one) come out and are not too shameful.

Mmm is there gossip we should know about??

Sadly, no. At least, not the kind you're thinking of. :( :blush:

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 10:17 AM
I personally think the highlight of the day was the impromptu boys verses girls beach vollyball game played over the blow up limbo apperatus refereed by Linda (who is of couse well known on the Indoor Blow Up Beach Vollyball circuit).

Liar. You know full well the boys won 20-16. But I think Linda should have given us girls a head start. We were, after all, playing in heels, dang nabbit!

Lory
1st-June-2005, 10:30 AM
Lory, you're a bad bad woman.
:really: No one's EVER said that to me before :innocent: :whistle:

P.s. I've re-sized the first pictures to a more 'forum friendly' size :nice:

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 10:39 AM
:really: No one's EVER said that to me before :innocent: :whistle:

P.s. I've re-sized the first pictures to a more 'forum friendly' size :nice:

Well, not in PUBLIC at any rate. :wink:

Dizzy
1st-June-2005, 11:18 AM

:yeah:

That game was such fun!! :clap:
The boys won in the end but us girls put up a good fight.
It was hard work playing in heels though.

Will try and get my photos developed asap, there should be some good ones, especially of PS trying to hula!! :D

Purple Sparkler
1st-June-2005, 11:24 AM
Will try and get my photos developed asap, there should be some good ones, especially of PS trying to hula!! :D

TRYING to hula? How dare you! I DID hula! Just not when I was actually competing. And thank you for rubbing salt in that wound! (Beaten by a 9 year old- the shame!)

lindyloo
1st-June-2005, 08:17 PM
TRYING to hula? How dare you! I DID hula! Just not when I was actually competing. And thank you for rubbing salt in that wound! (Beaten by a 9 year old- the shame!)

I really want to know how to hula - any tips?. I can't even keep it up for a minute - ooo er!

Purple Sparkler
2nd-June-2005, 09:51 AM
I really want to know how to hula - any tips?. I can't even keep it up for a minute - ooo er!

Well, with my MINUTES of experience and some interesting hands-on advice from the MC... :D ... I'd have to say the secret is to get the hoop as high up your midriff as you can, and make sure that you gyrate your hips in a bigger circle than any other bit of you. It actually doesn't have anything to do with speed. Keeping your arms out also helps.

As does being 9 years old, it would seem. Or a man. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if there was a regular Hula Review class after the Intermediate lesson on Wednesdays that would help? And maybe a Hula Hooping hour at the start of the Friday Freestyle. :D

lindyloo
3rd-June-2005, 08:47 AM
Perhaps if there was a regular Hula Review class after the Intermediate lesson on Wednesdays that would help? And maybe a Hula Hooping hour at the start of the Friday Freestyle. :D

I'm up for that we just need a teacher - any suggestions?

Purple Sparkler
3rd-June-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm up for that we just need a teacher - any suggestions?

Can I really say anything that isn't already said by my previous post and 'that' photo that Lory put up for me? :o