PDA

View Full Version : "Reviews" section?

David Bailey
19th-May-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't know if this is useful, but whilst I see a lot of "I'm going to XXX" threads, I don't see many "I went to XXX and..." ones. OK, people may put "post-mortem" posts in the "I'm going to XXX", but it's not often, and these posts may get lost in the crowd, unless you read each one obsessively ...what, me?.

I'm very interested in what people think (good and bad) of particular nights and venues, I think it'd help me decide where to go. For example, thankyou to Foxylady for recommending ISH on Tuesday, it was indeed a great night - but I only found out about it from the forum.

Would it be good to have a "reviews" section of the forum? Or perhaps we should adopt a convention of "Review: XXX"?

I realize this may be somewhat open to abuse, but I think it'd be handy overall. What do people think?

Bangers & Mash
19th-May-2005, 08:00 PM
I went to XXX and..

I went to Amsterdam and it was so good, I moved there!

Actually, in the vein in which the comment was raised, I went to

Southport... awesome
Big Forum Gathering... awesome
Doncaster (Jive Addiction)... really good
Scarborough... really good
Musselburgh... really good
White Xmas party, Scotland... awesome
Chester... good
Nantwich... good
Edinburgh... good
Edinburgh Monthly party... all really good, one awesome
Glasgow Monthly party... really good

obviously, rating depends on atmosphere, music, space on dance floor, and company I was with.

Bangers & Mash
19th-May-2005, 08:01 PM
Sorry, Dance Demon

route66... all awesome, one really good

David Bailey
19th-May-2005, 08:03 PM
Actually, in the vein in which the comment was raised, I went to
... list ...

Hmmm, I was hoping for a leeetle bit more detail - music, crowd, teacher, venue, dancefloor, that sort of thing.

Plus, I'm guessing everywhere you go has a minimum value of "good"? Well, that's, err, good... :D

Bangers & Mash
19th-May-2005, 08:06 PM
Hmmm, I was hoping for a leeetle bit more detail - music, crowd, teacher, venue, dancefloor, that sort of thing.

Plus, I'm guessing everywhere you go has a minimum value of "good"? Well, that's, err, good... :D

Nope, I haven't got a minimum value of good, my minimum value is cr*p. But I think if we concentrate on the good venues, then the others will drop out of the bottom without having to be named...

David Bailey
19th-May-2005, 08:27 PM
Nope, I haven't got a minimum value of good, my minimum value is cr*p. But I think if we concentrate on the good venues, then the others will drop out of the bottom without having to be named...
Excellent plan, sir.
Hell, wish I'd thought of that one... :tears:

Gadget
20th-May-2005, 08:53 AM
Gus's thread on Honest feedback/comments on venues and events (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3720) seems to be similar...

David Bailey
21st-May-2005, 07:13 PM
Gus's thread on Honest feedback/comments on venues and events (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3720) seems to be similar...
Ahh...
Great minds obviously think alike. I'll read that one... Thanks, oh HarperLink-providing-one :)