PDA

View Full Version : G'day!

KatieR
18th-May-2005, 01:27 PM
Im Katie and I'm from a little city called Adelaide in Australia! Im a regular on the Australian Ceroc forum and have been back in OZ for a few months to be in a friends wedding! But Im back in the UK and dancing with a vengeance!

I have already met a stack of amazing people at Jango on Monday night and last night at ISH! Have had an absolute blast so far!

Ive been dancing for about 6 months and have loved every second of it! I am hoping desperately to go to Southport, but being a single white female (not the psychotic kind) unfortunately there is no place available for me.

I dont know if there are any young gentlemen out there who arent yet going but would be willing to team up with an easygoing, fun loving, dancing Aussie for the southport weekend?

I hope to be talking to lots more of you soon on the forum and in person! see you round the traps!!

Katie :flower:

Will
18th-May-2005, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Katie!

Great to see you on Monday.

Now sit back and enjoy the UK Summer :eek:

Will

TheTramp
18th-May-2005, 01:47 PM
Ah. Hiya Katie...

Hope you manage to find a place for Southport. When you said on the Aussie forum that you were going, I'd assumed that you'd booked a place already, or I'd have warned you back then of the need to book early.

Will look forward to seeing you if you make it there, or up to Scotland

KatieR
18th-May-2005, 01:53 PM
Ah. Hiya Katie...

Hope you manage to find a place for Southport. When you said on the Aussie forum that you were going, I'd assumed that you'd booked a place already, or I'd have warned you back then of the need to book early.

Will look forward to seeing you if you make it there, or up to Scotland

I only found out about the Southport weekend when Nicky and Robert where over in April and I pretty much emailed the guy organising Southport straight away to book a place, but alas it was already booked. :( Believe me I will always know plenty in advance next time!!! Will try and get up to Scotland some time and say hi!

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi Katie!

It was great to meet you at ISH last night- I was the one who was pretending to be a man in the beginner's class- darn your incisiveness for discovering my secret! (Of course the sparkly skirt and heels were probably a dead giveaway...and the lack of a beard...)

But hope to see you down at Great Portland Street more often- and Ashtons/Fulham/Hammersmith...the list could go on. And it does.

KatieR
18th-May-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi Katie!

It was great to meet you at ISH last night- I was the one who was pretending to be a man in the beginner's class- darn your incisiveness for discovering my secret! (Of course the sparkly skirt and heels were probably a dead giveaway...and the lack of a beard...)

But hope to see you down at Great Portland Street more often- and Ashtons/Fulham/Hammersmith...the list could go on. And it does.

I knew there was something fishy going on!! I will be going to as many venues as is humanly possible, Im not sure yet if Im heading up to kent for a few months... I almost dont want the job cos I want to stay in London for the dancing!!

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 03:01 PM
I almost don't want the job cos I want to stay in London for the dancing!!

Yup, you have to love living in a place where you can dance every night of the week if you so desire.

And even if you're up in Kent, you could still come back and visit (it's not THAT far, you know). I think you'd find plenty of places to crash (you'd be welcome at mine, for example. I might even feed you), and you could have a lot of fun turning up unexpectedly at classes.

Divissima
18th-May-2005, 03:29 PM
Hurrah! :clap: Glad you made it onto the Forum, Katie. Was lovely to meet you on Monday night and it would be great to see you again soon :flower:

DangerousCurves
18th-May-2005, 03:54 PM
Im not sure yet if Im heading up to kent for a few months... I almost dont want the job cos I want to stay in London for the dancing!!

Hi Katie,

If you do go to Kent, check out Dance Riviera (they have a website). They have four venues across Kent and are very, very good. The Teachers are Nicki and Jim, who regularly pack out classes at the big weekender events at Camber - and are lovely, fun people too! I frequently travel over from Brighton to go to their events.

Enjoy the dancing! DC x

KatieR
19th-May-2005, 10:55 AM
Yup, you have to love living in a place where you can dance every night of the week if you so desire.

And even if you're up in Kent, you could still come back and visit (it's not THAT far, you know). I think you'd find plenty of places to crash (you'd be welcome at mine, for example. I might even feed you), and you could have a lot of fun turning up unexpectedly at classes.

Arent you all just wonderful!! I cant believe how welcoming everyone has been. I may just take you up on that offer P.S!

I will certainly check out those other classes in Kent if I end up there DC. I will certainly be making the trek down every Tuesday for Simons class thats for sure!!

I have been to 3 classes in 3 nights so far.... and hopefully will go to some freestyle events on the weekend!

Its definately wrong to be having this much fun!! :clap:

KatieR
19th-May-2005, 10:56 AM

Arent you all just wonderful!! I cant believe how welcoming everyone has been. I may just take you up on that offer P.S!

I will certainly check out those other classes in Kent if I end up there DC. I will certainly be making the trek down every Tuesday for Simons class thats for sure!!

I have been to 3 classes in 3 nights so far.... and hopefully will go to some freestyle events on the weekend!

Its definately wrong to be having this much fun!! :clap:

Clive Long
19th-May-2005, 11:02 AM
<< snip >>
<< snip >>

I bumped into Russell Saxby in a toilet at Camber and for some reason we were talking about Kent dance venues (treating S.E. London as Kent) and I believe there are several to many decent venues.

So Kent won't be so bad and there a good-ish train connections into Central London as long as you aren't travelling peak times.

Hope you have a great time all round.

Clive

KatieR
19th-May-2005, 11:26 AM
I bumped into Russell Saxby in a toilet at Camber and for some reason we were talking about Kent dance venues (treating S.E. London as Kent) and I believe there are several to many decent venues.

So Kent won't be so bad and there a good-ish train connections into Central London as long as you aren't travelling peak times.

Hope you have a great time all round.

Clive

Thats what I figured...! Its all good! Once I know where I am definately staying, I will get a bit more detailed information, but I have no idea where I am one day to the next at the moment! :confused:

El Salsero Gringo
19th-May-2005, 12:52 PM
I bumped into Russell Saxby in a toilet at CamberI'd keep quiet about that sort of thing if I were you, old chap! Or was it just a case of meeting at his convenience!!?

KatieR
19th-May-2005, 04:46 PM

Clive

*NEWSFLASH* I have accepted the job in Kent... :clap: well Kemsing/Otford anyway.. have no idea where that is really. I get 2 days off a week, food, my own bedroom/living room/bathroom, clothing and £200 a week! My days off are not necessarily a weekend so will definately be down in London dancing my little shoes off (speaking of which, I need a new pair!!) at either Jango,ISH or the Jive Bar but would be great to have a couple of venues close by so that I can practice!!

Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to come visit me from time to time, if there is room at the inn you get free accommodation too! (Im working in a hostel!) staff privileges you know!! :cheers: