PDA

View Full Version : Big it up for Kylie!!

Toby wan Kenobe
18th-May-2005, 09:39 AM
I have huge respect for Kylie. She doesn't often make it into my sets, but I do love to dance to her tracks... 37 chart hits in the UK is a phenomenal record :worthy: she's a complete professional, a little aussie pocket rocket..

You're not likely to read this Kylie, but there's a bunch of Ceroc/Modern Jive folks who think you're fab and wish you the very best... :flower: :hug:

TwK

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
18th-May-2005, 09:48 AM
:clap: Yeah, I love Kylie too and I hope she gets better really soon! :nice:

:flower: Ashx

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 10:04 AM
Totally. ISH had several Kylie numbers last night, and a Danni number as well, dunno if that's normal or not, but they went down well.

Has there been any increase in Kylie tracks played at other venues?

Sparkles
18th-May-2005, 11:24 AM
I believe it has recently been announced that she has breast cancer - and she's only 36. She must be devastated and although she is unlikely to read this I'd like to say that I'm sure everyone is behind her and trying to give her the support she needs to beat it.
S. x

cicamica
18th-May-2005, 11:30 AM
I am pretty shocked to hear the news about Kylie. Just had a read of an article!!! Lovely Delta Goodrem fought off cancer too! Looks like great aussie women are under attack! :sad:

Barry Shnikov
18th-May-2005, 07:01 PM
:eek: BAH HUMBUG ALERT! :eek:

I certainly don't wish any ill on Kylie Minogue, but I wish to say that I don't care any more about her getting cancer than I do about anybody else. This celebrity obsession is becoming a disease - the headline in one of today's papers (and sorry, folks, I can't remember the headline or the paper) had sort of 'My goodness! Even celebrities aren't immune to disease' aura about it.

I don't know how many women are told every day that they have breast cancer, but for most of the rest of them they are going to have to face it without the best wishes of the rest of the world. They have more of my sympathy - not that that does them any more good than the messages posted here will do for Kylie.

>Steps aside to avoid volley of abuse from outraged fans<

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 07:52 PM
>Steps aside to avoid volley of abuse from outraged fans<
Woo, and I thought I posted controversial flamebait. :wink:

OK, I'm game, I'll join in... :yeah:

I'll admit, the current obsession on "single cases" makes me feel uncomfortable - the main item in the ITN news tonight was that Abigail whatsit has gotten some feeling back. She's a lovely woman, and it's a great tragedy, and I'm happy for her. But is that the most important thing happening in the world today? All news is local, but this is taking it to extremes.

I think we have to respect Kylie for her courage in quickly being open, but the OTT adulation / beatification is maybe, well, a little OTT. It's Princess-bloody-Diana fever all over again. And, of course, there's a rubber band for it now, just launched.

Divissima
18th-May-2005, 08:16 PM

Me and my big mouth, eh? :rolleyes: There I am at the Ceroc champs, clamp eyes on Barry Shnikov, my old mucker. "Barry," sez I, "long time no see on the Forum..." Have a coupla dances, a good chin wag.

Next thing I know, 'e's back causing 'is usual brand of trouble..... :devil:

Barry Shnikov
18th-May-2005, 09:01 PM
Me and my big mouth, eh? :rolleyes: There I am at the Ceroc champs, clamp eyes on Barry Shnikov, my old mucker. "Barry," sez I, "long time no see on the Forum..." Have a coupla dances, a good chin wag.

...and because I know you, and because you're not a celebrity (though, obviously, you ought to be...) I am prepared to say that I wish you good luck in coping with your forthcoming difficulties - as a wife!

All the best in the world. :cheers:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-May-2005, 09:16 PM
When you going to sort out your Avatar, Bazza?

Barry Shnikov
18th-May-2005, 09:51 PM
When you going to sort out your Avatar, Bazza?

I've just selected one (the one I had has cease to function) but I don't have a change avatar option. Maybe you have to have a number of recent posts before you get the custom avatar option back.

I'll have to post a few more and see what happens.

Am I right, Franck?

PS New provocative thread starts any second now...

El Salsero Gringo
18th-May-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll guess that's because you haven't paid your £15 to be Forum member, to whom the option to set an Avatar is available - yet since you had an Avatar from before this was the case it's still showing the space for one. Something like that anyway.

Gojive
19th-May-2005, 12:51 AM
I understand where you're coming from Barry, but the one thing this 'celebrity news' item can do (IMHO), that many others have never done before, is to highlight to younger women the very real threat of diseases such as BC.

Given that Kylie is only 36, perhaps it will encourage many more 'thirty something' women to be aware that this doesn't just affect old women?.

Just a thought :)

ElaineB
19th-May-2005, 07:34 AM
I understand where you're coming from Barry, but the one thing this 'celebrity news' item can do (IMHO), that many others have never done before, is to highlight to younger women the very real threat of diseases such as BC.

Given that Kylie is only 36, perhaps it will encourage many more 'thirty something' women to be aware that this doesn't just affect old women?.

Just a thought :)

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I agree also re 'celebrity gossip' - it is trivial! If I was ever to appear on a quiz show and they wanted to know who was married to/divorcing who, I would have no chance at all, but if this case does manage to highlight self awareness over cancer, then that at least will bring some good.

My Mother had cancer some thirty years ago and went to the Doctors just in time - she was taken into hospital within a couple of days and had an emergency operation. She is a survivor!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

ducasi
19th-May-2005, 08:14 AM
:yeah:

Plus Kylie has given me so much pleasure over the years, right from Neighbours through to seeing her in concert a couple of months ago. My world would have been a duller place without her.

I hope she does well and continues to entertain the whole world. :flower:

philsmove
19th-May-2005, 09:17 AM
This celebrity obsession is becoming a disease ..........

As a Kid I went down with a particular nasty illness :sad: , at the same time as a famous sport personality

It did not concern me that he had lots of publicity. I only had sympathy for the excruciating pain I knew he having to endure :hug:

Lory
19th-May-2005, 09:57 AM
I do agree re the celebrity hype but the news did prompt me to do a self examination and hopefully several other mere mortal's like myself did the same (did YOU?), so, some good might come out of it. ;)

Also, some unfortunate women who're going through the same ordeal at the moment, might have the 'why me' feeling and possibly seeing someone like Kylie, who's young and healthy with has lot's of money and everything to live for, going though the same thing, might just benefit them in someway.

Barry Shnikov
19th-May-2005, 06:42 PM
Also, some unfortunate women who're going through the same ordeal at the moment, might have the 'why me' feeling and possibly seeing someone like Kylie, who's young and healthy with has lot's of money and everything to live for, going though the same thing, might just benefit them in someway.

Yeah, that's a good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Barry Shnikov
19th-May-2005, 06:43 PM
I'll guess that's because you haven't paid your £15 to be Forum member, to whom the option to set an Avatar is available - yet since you had an Avatar from before this was the case it's still showing the space for one. Something like that anyway.

£15? :eek: When did that happen?

David Bailey
19th-May-2005, 07:42 PM
£15? :eek: When did that happen?
Dunno, but to be fair, the £15 is only if you want to be a super-duper-member, with essential features such as, err... Sigs! And avatars of course :)

It's not a vast amount considering the value and professionalism of the site (and in my professional opinion, it's very professional :) )

Clive Long
20th-May-2005, 12:36 AM
Plus Kylie has given me so much pleasure over the years,
<< cut >>

You lucky, lucky man

£15? When did that happen?

Sounds cheap for all the innocent fun and abuse one gets around here, matey.

CRL