PDA

View Full Version : Incorrectly unconfirmed private message receipts

ducasi
17th-May-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes a PM receipt never gets confirmed, even though you know that the message has been received and read (and even replied to)?

It's happened a few times with me, but I can't figure out the circumstances that cause it.

Do some people have the ability to not confirm the receipt of a PM?

Puzzled.

(I don't use PMs much on the forums I run – I just use email.)

Gadget
18th-May-2005, 12:44 AM
I think that forum administrators and omnipresent ones can turn on/off the feature, or set it to ask if you want to send a read recipt (like e-mail can)

If it's not one of those, then I don't know.

TheTramp
18th-May-2005, 12:56 AM
Administrators (moderators), and teachers (I believe - maybe others too) have the option to say whether or not they want it to say if they've received the PM.

ducasi
18th-May-2005, 10:32 AM
Administrators (moderators), and teachers (I believe - maybe others too) have the option to say whether or not they want it to say if they've received the PM. OK, that makes sense, though I could have sworn i had an (incorrectly) unconfirmed receipt for a PM to an ordinary mortal, but I could have been mistaken. :nice:

Now I'm wondering why someone would choose not to confirm that they'd received a PM... :confused: Maybe it's in how the question is asked. I'll have to do some investigations on my own forum.

Cheers.

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 12:31 PM
Now I'm wondering why someone would choose not to confirm that they'd received a PM... :confused: Maybe it's in how the question is asked. I'll have to do some investigations on my own forum.

To keep you on your toes: "Have they read it yet? Have they? Have they??"

Errr - dunno really, but I think Outlook has such a feature as well, although it's far more intrusive (being Outlook).

But yes, you'd think if you wanted that sort of privacy, you'd turn off receiving PMs altogether. Maybe this is the "lite" version of that route?