PDA

View Full Version : HOT, HOT, HOT in Rio

Danger Mouse
17th-May-2005, 11:12 AM
OMG Help! :sad:

I’ve got no idea what to do and what’s more I have no imagination. (That’s because I’m a man. Hmmmm! well a mouse)

Suggestions please, nothing OTT :wink:

Danger Mouse
17th-May-2005, 07:58 PM
Has no one got any ideas?? :sad: :sad: :sad:

drathzel
18th-May-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry i am having enough trouble trying to come up with something myself.....nearly going to resort to beachwear but i want a few dances! Anything brightly coloured and sequined!!!

:flower:

stewart38
18th-May-2005, 09:24 AM
Has no one got any ideas?? :sad: :sad: :sad:

about what ?

Do I assume your going to Rio De Janerio and want some holiday tips ? Or is this a night club ??

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 09:35 AM
about what ?

Do I assume your going to Rio De Janerio and want some holiday tips ? Or is this a night club ??
It's this Southport thing - Rio theme, apparently.

As a disinterested observer (i.e. I'm not going), can I suggest that whilst bare flesh is nice to look at, it's not always nice to dance with, especially after, ahem, vigorous exertions. How about sequined bodystockings?

stewart38
18th-May-2005, 09:44 AM
It's this Southport thing - Rio theme, apparently.

As a disinterested observer (i.e. I'm not going), can I suggest that whilst bare flesh is nice to look at, it's not always nice to dance with, especially after, ahem, vigorous exertions. How about sequined bodystockings?

I could have turned up without knowing :sad:

I got a hawaii shirt from 1995 which still isnt in the bin, im sure that would do ?? and I can put a banana on my head, sorted

Little Monkey
18th-May-2005, 11:48 AM
Some good ( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) suggestions in this thread:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5309&page=3&pp=20

Depending on how daring you are, and what shape your body might be in..... :D

LM

Sheepman
18th-May-2005, 12:32 PM
bare flesh is nice to look at, it's not always nice to dance with, especially after, ahem, vigorous exertions. How about sequined bodystockings? So that's the men sorted, what about the women? :wink:

But to be a (little) more serious, I'm much happier to have contact with bare flesh than with sequins, though it's not always a clear cut case of which looks best!

Greg

drathzel
18th-May-2005, 12:41 PM
So that's the men sorted, what about the women? :wink:

But to be a (little) more serious, I'm much happier to have contact with bare flesh than with sequins, though it's not always a clear cut case of which looks best!

Greg

Sequins can cause knicks and cuts...ouchy! :sad:

TheTramp
18th-May-2005, 01:51 PM
But to be a (little) more serious, I'm much happier to have contact with bare flesh than with sequins
:yeah:

Sequins can hurt. Though, not as much as those crystals that women sometimes have on dance clothing. Not to mention rings. And watches. Oh, and as I found out last night, bracelets :tears:

Little Monkey
18th-May-2005, 04:30 PM

Sequins can hurt. Though, not as much as those crystals that women sometimes have on dance clothing. Not to mention rings. And watches. Oh, and as I found out last night, bracelets :tears:

I'll not put too many sequins on my top, then! At least not in places that are likely to be in close contact with my dance partners..............

I don't understand women who wear bracelets when dancing. They can seriously hurt your partner (trapped fingers etc), and are also very likely to get broken if they get stuck on something! And a lot of men wear big watches that can really hurt, too.... :tears:

LM

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 04:38 PM

And fingernails. Yes, even on men. Watches aren't great either- *hearkens back to the time her hair got stuck in a guys watch in the middle of the intermediate class. NOT DIGNIFIED*

Am going to keep reading this thread- I'm not going to Southport, but I am going to the Ashtons Beach Party (I hope), and that's got a similar theme of Beach Party Wear.

MartinHarper
19th-May-2005, 04:47 PM
The Theme for Saturday Evening will be...
'HOT, HOT, HOT in Rio'
which leaves plenty of scope for the imagination! Think Carnival atmosphere, vibrant colours, feathers, silk and sequins, masks or colourful make-up - in fact just about anything goes, as long as it's loud or glamorous (but, no bare breasts or fire-eating please!).

I think "loud" is going to be easier to achieve than "glamorous"... :)

Purple Sparkler
19th-May-2005, 04:52 PM
I've just thought- for anyone in London, or able to get there, there are many little shops at the Totty Court Road end of Oxford Street that do clubbing gear, especially good for Rio-style clothing for girls (really quite small tops & what I assume are skirts, made of sparkly bits and tassles and not much else). If I was going to Southport I would be oh-so-tempted by them. I am anyway, but still...

foxylady
20th-May-2005, 12:14 AM
was shopping today. lots and lots of yellow/pink/orange/loud ra-ra type clothing around for not much dosh.
Shouldn't be too hard

foxy

Purple Sparkler
20th-May-2005, 10:07 AM
was shopping today. lots and lots of yellow/pink/orange/loud ra-ra type clothing around for not much dosh.
Shouldn't be too hard

foxy

Ooh- any shop recommendations?