PDA

View Full Version : First Ceroc Party

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
15th-May-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey Guys!
I hope you have all recovered from last night :grin: I had a great time and wanted to thank everyone for the dances (well almost everyone) I think I now know who most forum ppl are now :clap: Although, one thing I will say is that I was dissapointed to have to do most of the asking-C'mon guys don't just sit around!! I'm just sad that i'm going to miss next months as i'll be on holiday...anyone know if is Ceroc is big in S Ireland? :) Maybe I could drag my cousin along :innocent:

Actually I was planning to make this post a little longer...ah well, I could never beat Ducasi on 'length of post' anyway :whistle:

Luv,
Ashxxx :flower:

Graham
16th-May-2005, 01:08 PM
Although, one thing I will say is that I was dissapointed to have to do most of the asking
It felt as if there were rather more women than men on Saturday - perhaps Franck can have a look at the database. If this happens then I'm afraid you're always going to have to do more asking. However, you can also help yourself by good positioning - avoid dark corners behind furniture if you're hoping that someone will notice you. Hope you enjoyed yourself anyway though! :grin:

ducasi
16th-May-2005, 01:47 PM
It felt as if there were rather more women than men on Saturday I didn't get that feeling at all – and at least during the class the numbers were almost equal. Maybe it changed as the night went on.

I think I only got asked to dance once by a woman who hadn't already danced with me before. I did get asked by quite a few who have, so hopefully it's not a reflection on my dancing! Still had to do most of the asking though!

However, you can also help yourself by good positioning - avoid dark corners behind furniture if you're hoping that someone will notice you. Yep, next time I'm going to avoid that corner – not an easy place to be found. In the future I'm going to try to be nearer the bar. :wink:

Daisy Chain
20th-May-2005, 12:12 PM
However, you can also help yourself by good positioning - avoid dark corners behind furniture if you're hoping that someone will notice you.

:yeah:

Also, stand next to a woman who is more ugly.

Avoid standing anywhere near a pretty one. It is guaranteed to be mega-demoralising.

Daisy

(A Plain Little Flower)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
20th-May-2005, 01:04 PM
Also, stand next to a woman who is more ugly.

Avoid standing anywhere near a pretty one. It is guaranteed to be mega-demoralising.

Don't you think that a little harsh? Although I do agree bout the real pretty ladies, however i'd never thought about it until now :really:

However, you can also help yourself by good positioning - avoid dark corners behind furniture if you're hoping that someone will notice you.

Yeah, I didn't no where to sit and didn't fancy sitting myself so Drathzel told me to sit at her table, I didn't want to say no cause she can be very scary :whistle: :innocent: Plus no one else had arrived yet.

Ashx :hug:

Daisy Chain
20th-May-2005, 10:09 PM
Don't you think that a little harsh?

Oh heck! :blush: I didn't mean that you were ugly. I was speaking from personal experience. What I really meant was stand next to one who is less attractive and therefore less likely to be chosen by these fickle men.

Come and stand next to me! :flower:

Daisy

(A Less Attractive Little Flower)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-May-2005, 06:33 AM
Oh heck! :blush: I didn't mean that you were ugly. I was speaking from personal experience. What I really meant was stand next to one who is less attractive and therefore less likely to be chosen by these fickle men.

Come and stand next to me! :flower:

Daisy

Daisy, I didn't think you meant me :hug: I just thought it was a shame to call other ppl unatractive. And i'm sure you're very attractive :wink:

Ashx

RogerR
21st-May-2005, 08:48 PM
When hoping for a dance, waiting for an invitation, keep the chat light. If there is serious girl talk going on you wont get invites

David Bailey
21st-May-2005, 09:01 PM
From a male perspective, I don't care if you're pretty or ugly, I care if you can dance. But if I don't know you, and I haven't seen you dance, then yep, other factors come into play.

But even then, "looks" are still waaayyy down the list of factors, it's much more about attitude - I'd always pick a cheerful-looking person over a miserable-one, no matter what the "looks" factor.

So, I'd recommend you stand close to the dance floor looking like you want to dance. Also, don't sit down, don't hide away, don't engage in deep conversation, don't have a drink in your hand. Men are shy and easily put off, remember.

But the main advice, of course, is to ask us - we should always say yes, because we're also shallow and easily-flattered. If we say no, then you know not to ask us again (and make sure you remember his face so you can turn him down when you're a championship-level dancer).

There, problem solved :)

JoC
23rd-May-2005, 05:53 PM
don't have a drink in your hand

But I'm thirsty!!!

Gojive
23rd-May-2005, 06:37 PM
What I really meant was stand next to one who is less attractive and therefore less likely to be chosen .

Daisy

I tried that approach at Stockport on Saturday.......I spent all night looking, instead of dancing! :tears:

David Bailey
23rd-May-2005, 07:29 PM
But I'm thirsty!!!
Drink / dance, that's one of those life choice thingies...

JoC
24th-May-2005, 12:54 PM
Drink / dance, that's one of those life choice thingies...

And if one drinks hands free, say by using a very long straw or perhaps wearing a camel back to party nights...?

DavidY
24th-May-2005, 01:00 PM
And if one drinks hands free, ~SNIP~ perhaps wearing a camel back to party nights...?If a camel-back is what I'm thinking of, wouldn't the rubber tube thingy tend to thwack your partner when you're spinning...?

JoC
24th-May-2005, 01:36 PM
If a camel-back is what I'm thinking of, wouldn't the rubber tube thingy tend to thwack your partner when you're spinning...?

Tape it to your cheek, problem solved

Lynn
24th-May-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm just sad that i'm going to miss next months as i'll be on holiday...anyone know if is Ceroc is big in S Ireland? :) Maybe I could drag my cousin along :innocent: If you come across any sort of MJ anywhere in Ireland, please let me know! As far as I know the only group in Ireland, North or South, is our little 'practice' group in Belfast.

Have a good holiday!

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 02:25 PM
And if one drinks hands free, say by using a very long straw or perhaps wearing a camel back to party nights...?
OK, I'm not up on this youth culture, what's a camel back when it's at home?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-May-2005, 02:30 PM

Yea, i'm a little confused by that too...I think I know what it is, but I cannot be sure :confused: hmmm...
Explain please!

Ashxxx

JoC
24th-May-2005, 02:34 PM

Little rucksack for drink with tube, so you can run, hike, cycle, DANCE or whatever without using your hands. Hmmmm I'm sure there must be many applications for this technology now that I've started thinking about it :whistle: , ahem I mean I must get back to work.

JoC
24th-May-2005, 02:36 PM
The name should now be self-explanatory! :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-May-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes, that was what I was thinking about, I saw them in a catalogue.

David Bailey
24th-May-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks, I am now enlightened! Would be great fun to watch someone dancing with that... :D