PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 17th May

Minnie M
12th-May-2005, 01:41 PM
No Hipsters tonight :tears:

Dorking Halls ? Anyone going ? really great hall and floor and a nice friendly crowd :yeah:

Retread
12th-May-2005, 04:25 PM
Bourne Hall, Ewell is on on Tuesday 17th: 8.00pm until 11.00pm :)

Retread.

El Salsero Gringo
12th-May-2005, 04:35 PM
Try some ballroom at 'Squins. I gather if you ask nicely they'll let you in free. Unless you're a regular, of course. (Me? Bitter? I don't know what you mean.)

David Bailey
12th-May-2005, 05:43 PM
Try some ballroom at 'Squins. I gather if you ask nicely they'll let you in free. Unless you're a regular, of course. (Me? Bitter? I don't know what you mean.)
You should suggest a Refer-a-Friend scheme :)

Dan Hudson
12th-May-2005, 07:26 PM
The smart people will be at Greenwich :whistle: :whistle:

Especially as there is limited men tickets available for the party and only a very limited amount of girlie ones :eek:

Gus
12th-May-2005, 09:52 PM
The smart people will be at Greenwich :whistle: :whistle: Why? Is there anything worth doing there besides visiting its excellent noodle bars and drinking at the Gypsy Moth pub? :rolleyes:

foxylady
12th-May-2005, 10:11 PM
Of course there is always ISH....... (International Student House, Great Portland Street, opposite Great Portland Street tube)

with the delectable Simon Borland (Aussie Simon, or SimonSays depending upon who you are talking to) teaching.... (.....and I'm demo-ing on the 17th :wink: )

and a plethora of gorgeous women to dance with....

What are you waiting for.... :wink:

Northants Girly
16th-May-2005, 12:21 PM
Northampton - Saints Rugby Club

is the place to be :D

drathzel
16th-May-2005, 12:54 PM
Jumpin Jax in Glasgow if you want to travel... the wonderful tiggerbabe will be making an appearance! :D

Russell Saxby
16th-May-2005, 01:34 PM
Why? Is there anything worth doing there besides visiting its excellent noodle bars and drinking at the Gypsy Moth pub? :rolleyes:

Well I am not teaching this week, so you can always come and buy me a drink :whistle:

or you could bring along your Kylie Greatest Hits album and do a 5 min slot on the decks for us :D :D

Little Em
16th-May-2005, 01:37 PM
Well I am not teaching this week, so you can always come and buy me a drink :whistle:

or you could bring along your Kylie Greatest Hits album and do a 5 min slot on the decks for us :D :D

..Mmmmm i might be coming along to this ! getting alift down with a policeman....aren i the lucky one ! :eek:

Robin
16th-May-2005, 03:45 PM

Oii Mister ! Shouldn't you be pluging Finchley/Whetstone ? ... seeing as its the nearest MJ venue .... plus the fact that its the last time James(demo) & Catherine will be there before they get married !!!

El Salsero Gringo
16th-May-2005, 03:49 PM
Oii Mister ! Shouldn't you be pluging Finchley/Whetstone ? ... seeing as its the nearest MJ venue .... plus the fact that its the last time James(demo) & Catherine will be there before they get married !!!No, I'll leave it to you - you do a much better job of it than I.

Robin
16th-May-2005, 03:51 PM
No, I'll leave it to you - you do a much better job of it than I.

:D
Well I thought you might add to it in your own particular way.
No chance.

Northants Girly
16th-May-2005, 05:08 PM
..Mmmmm i might be coming along to this ! getting alift down with a policeman....aren i the lucky one ! :eek:Does that mean you're gonna be on your best behaviour? ;)

Cruella
17th-May-2005, 04:08 PM
Trust me the policeman in question is nearly always on his worst behaviour!! :whistle:

Does that mean you're gonna be on your best behaviour? ;)

Northants Girly
17th-May-2005, 04:11 PM
Trust me the policeman in question is nearly always on his worst behaviour!! :whistle:Sounds like my sort of policeman :D

Gojive
17th-May-2005, 04:17 PM
Do Police Officers that dance, ever have trouble keeping the beat? :yum:

Purple Sparkler
17th-May-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds like my sort of policeman :D

I take it you've seen Rebecca's recent 'Dear Alcohol' post. This makes me think of the 'it's impossible to say "Lovely evening, isn't it, officer?" bit...

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 07:22 AM
Of course there is always ISH....... (International Student House, Great Portland Street, opposite Great Portland Street tube)

Good call, foxylady! I had a great time there last night - excellent crowd and music, although it's a bit far from me to go there regularly.

Plus, that was a seriously long routine I caught the end of - how many moves was that again?!? :eek:

Minnie M
18th-May-2005, 08:29 AM
No Hipsters tonight :tears:

Dorking Halls ? Anyone going ? really great hall and floor and a nice friendly crowd :yeah:

I went to the above last night with Mrs. Par and we had a fab fabby night, the venue is perfect anyway (good floor, size + air conditioning) but there were lots of friendly people, lots of great dancers and the music was just right - there is also a chill out lounge with a drinking water fountain and a bar that also sells tea & coffee and home made cake (not for me tho :sad: ) - definitely worth a visit if are within the area :worthy: :clap:

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 10:00 AM
Good call, foxylady! I had a great time there last night - excellent crowd and music, although it's a bit far from me to go there regularly.

Plus, that was a seriously long routine I caught the end of - how many moves was that again?!? :eek:

Six. I think. Simon did some extras as it was the five-month-anniversary of his arrival in England.

It WAS fab last night, wasn't it? I had some terrific dances, and loved the routine as always (never done that lift before either). I thought the demonstrator was particularly good... ;) Loved that tropical top, Foxy!

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 10:16 AM
It WAS fab last night, wasn't it? I had some terrific dances, and loved the routine as always (never done that lift before either).
Weeellll, I dunno... that Swan lift thing, I know the teacher stressed to be careful, but even so, as a wee blert with a bad back, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole if I were in the class.

But then, I'm definitely in the "Lifts Are Evil" camp, so I may be biased. :grin:

Six moves? Was he going for a record or something? :eek:

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 10:26 AM
But then, I'm definitely in the "Lifts Are Evil" camp, so I may be biased. :grin:

Six moves? Was he going for a record or something? :eek:

Ah, now, that may be it. I'm in the 'Lifts are Fantabulous (as long as your partner is tall enough and strong enough)' camp.

And it was a revision class- moves from all the months he'd been teaching. It may have been more moves than ever before, but everyone got them- and in less time than an intermediate class would normally take, too. I was most impressed.

Lory
18th-May-2005, 10:51 AM
Six. I think. Simon did some extras as it was the five-month-anniversary of his arrival in England.

WOW, how many will he do when he's been there for a whole 'half year'? :eek: :wink:

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 11:09 AM
WOW, how many will he do when he's been there for a whole 'half year'? :eek: :wink:

I don't know, but personally I can't WAIT to find out!

He said last night he's going to start doing Advanced classes at ISH in a couple of weeks, too. As you can probably tell, I'm Really Very Excited about it!

cicamica
18th-May-2005, 11:24 AM
You should be all excited about Simon's Advanced class!! He has been teaching advanced stuff at Surbiton for months now and boy, he is fab!!!! Sadly many people think that they are advanced when they really are not and that can hold the class back a little! Good thing he demos the routine in front of everybody on the dancefloor before getting into it and thus putting "not quite ready for it" people off.

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 11:31 AM
I've only been to his advanced classes at Fulham, and they were indeed fab!

Sadly Surbiton is a bit far away for me. But if I can get a permanent contract in my current job, I'm aiming to move down closer to Fulham and places (I hasten to add it would make getting to work easier, not just getting to Ceroc!), so Surbiton might become a possibility. We shall see...

And the good thing is, I know I can do the advanced classes because he's referred to me as "you and the OTHER advanced dancers" in conversation before now (oh boy, was I ever proud of myself when he did!).

Must stop this. I'm getting all excited and I've got 2 weeks left to wait! This is worse than the new Harry Potter book!

Danielle
18th-May-2005, 11:34 AM
With no Ealing i ventured to Kent and the venue near GravesEnd (ironically took me less time to there than Ealing) Didn't know anyone there but they were a really friendly crowd and I had some very lovely dances - especially with the guy who was demo-ing, sorry I don't know his name - but if your on the forum, you're brilliant thanks for the dances :flower:

cicamica
18th-May-2005, 11:38 AM
Wow if Simon found out that he has such power over you........ :rofl:

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 12:07 PM
Wow if Simon found out that he has such power over you........ :rofl:

:D Feh. He knows I have a soft spot where he's concerned. At least, I can only conclude that he does, given he sent me to Tescos just before the Beginner's class last night to get him some water and a chocolate bar- I'm guessing that was because he knew I was the only person in the room who'd do it if he asked. :o Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

David Bailey
18th-May-2005, 12:13 PM
:D Feh. He knows I have a soft spot where he's concerned.
Wish I did, I think I'll get shot if I show my face there again now :sad:

Divissima
18th-May-2005, 12:21 PM
I have been hearing great things about ISH in recent months - sounds just fantastic. I seem to have cut back my dancing to only one or two nights a week - terrible :tears: but now I absolutely have to go to ISH next week :grin: But what happens if I get hooked on ISH - how will I get to Nose Quins??

Mary
18th-May-2005, 01:20 PM
Pssssst. What and where is ISH?

M

Purple Sparkler
18th-May-2005, 01:47 PM
Pssssst. What and where is ISH?

M

ISH= International Student House, Great Portland Street, London (opposite Great Portland Street Tube). Tuesdays, 7.30 onwards.

Mary
18th-May-2005, 02:01 PM
ISH= International Student House, Great Portland Street, London (opposite Great Portland Street Tube). Tuesdays, 7.30 onwards.

Thanks.

M